ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Twin Peaks to Return on Showtime (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=287251)

Miles 10-06-2014 11:40 PM

Twin Peaks to Return on Showtime

http://www.avclub.com/article/showti...on-2016-210127

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/nNHsA4WIFvc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Great and pretty unexpected news that this is actually happening.

Simply Red 10-07-2014 08:27 AM

COOP!

Red Brooklyn 10-07-2014 10:57 AM

I still can't believe this is really happening. I saw the news yesterday and I almost cried.

Red Brooklyn 10-07-2014 11:00 AM

Mark Frost interview here:

http://tvline.com/2014/10/06/twin-pe...odes-spoilers/

Quote:

TVLINE | For about two years now, rumors have been circulating about a Twin Peaks revival being in the works. How long have you and David been formulating this?

David and I stayed in touch and remained closed friends throughout all these years. It was about three years ago this summer we were having lunch at [famed Hollywood eatery] Musso & Frank, where we often used to go. And we were just kicking stuff around and we started getting some ideas in our heads about Twin Peaks. Suddenly, it felt like a place we wanted to visit again. And that was the kickoff.

TVLINE | Was Showtime the first place you went?

We didn’t go to anybody else. Showtime was the first and only [network] we spoke to about this. There was a nice sense of continuity there, because Gary Levine, who’s the right-hand man to [Showtime president] David Nevins, was our [creative] representative on the show when we were on ABC. We’ve known Gary a long time. We trust Gary. We like Gary. We had a really great meeting with them. And David [Lynch] really loved the artwork on David [Nevins]‘ office walls. And they loved the show. And that’s how it all came to be.

TVLINE | Just to confirm, this is not a remake, correct? It’s a continuation, like TNT’s Dallas?

It is not a remake. The story continues. The seeds of where we go were planted where we’ve been.

TVLINE | In the series finale, Laura Palmer tells Agent Cooper in the Red Room, “I’ll see you again in 25 years.” That can’t be a coincidence, can it?

When you see it, you’ll know.

TVLINE | Are you looking at this as Season 3 of Twin Peaks?

Not really, but just because my brain doesn’t work that way. I’ve always said that Twin Peaks to me was like a novel we filmed every page of. So this is more like we found another volume of the saga, and now we want to bring that to life too.

TVLINE | Will the nine episodes revolve around a new mystery?

If I told you that I would have to give the Kill command to the Predator drones that are circling your house now. And that wouldn’t be cool. [Laughs]

TVLINE | Will the world of Fire Walk With Me be considered a part of the “Canon”?

I think it should be. It’s definitely part of the mythology of the show, and it reflects the work that was done before and it will have some bearing on the work as we go forward.

TVLINE | Is it your goal to bring back as many of the original cast as possible?

Those who want to see old faces, and those would like to see new faces, none of them will be disappointed. It’s far too early to talk specifics about people. We’re not at that stage in the process.

TVLINE | In the past 25 years, several cast members have passed away, most notably former set dresser turned scariest TV character ever, Frank Silva (AKA Killer Bob). How will you handle that loss?

I can’t really say. That’s a tough one to go into without giving away too much.

TVLINE | In his book Reflections: An Oral History of Twin Peaks, journalist Brad Dukes explored some of the issues that may have compromised the storytelling of Season 2 and the longevity of the show. There was a lot of pressure from ABC to wrap up the murder, and both you and David were being pulled away by other projects. With both of you fully on board and committed to these nine episodes, would you say that show might lean back towards the heights of Season 1?

That would certainly be our goal and intention… We decided at that first lunch that if we were going to do this it had to be the two of us. It started with us and we felt it was only right if it continued with the two of us. So we pledged right then and there that we were going to write it ourselves, and David said he wanted to direct all of them. And we’ll produce them together. That’s the basis on which we decided to go forward.

TVLINE Will the new series be a Valentine to hardcore fans, or are you setting out to bring in a new generation of acolytes?

It’s fair to say that there aren’t many shows that have a fan base as passionate and dedicated and committed as our show does. And we’re very grateful to those people for keeping the flames alive all these years, and helping whole new generations of people discover it. So, in a way, this will be of special significance to those folks. And at the same time we hope a whole bunch of people want to come to the party as well.

TVLINE | Will Angelo Badalamenti do the score?

Too early to say.

TVLINE | The TV climate is very different than when Twin Peaks debuted 25 years ago. There was nothing else like it at the time. Since then, the show has inspired dozens – if not hundreds — of imitators. Any concern that the novelty has worn off?

Well, the novelty hasn’t worn off for us. I think we’ll be able to effectively translate that into today’s cultural language without too much trouble.

TVLINE | If it’s a success, could there be more?

We’ve learned never to say never. Anything is a possibility.

TVLINE | What does it mean personally to you to revisit this material 25 years later?

I think for me, and for everybody who took part in this originally, it was — it’s a terrible pun — a peak experience. And the chance to revisit it later in life, and see what we can do now that we didn’t know then, is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

TVLINE | The second season was rather polarizing, and some fans felt let down by how the story ended. Are you looking at this as an opportunity to bring the story to a more satisfying conclusion?

It’s our hope that these episodes will give the fans everything they felt they hadn’t gotten the last time we left off.

TVLINE | Lastly, I’d be remiss if I didn’t ask, how’s Annie?

[Laughs] Funnily enough, I just showed the second Austin Powers movie to my son last night, who asked me about [Heather Graham]. And I said, “Oh, that’s Annie.” And he said, “Who’s Annie?” And I said, “No, no. The question is How’s Annie?” And judging by how Annie looked in that movie I’d say Annie’s fine.

Aries Walker 10-07-2014 11:04 AM

If they would actually wrap up the storyline and give the story the conclusion it deserves, it would lay to rest one of the great disappointments of modern TV history. On the other hand, if they botch it, it will perpetuate the shame. I don't see much middle ground here.

I'll probably wait until it's done, read the reviews, and if they're good, dedicate a rainy Saturday to binge-watch it.

Art Vader 10-07-2014 11:13 AM

this is awesome! David Lynch is my hero lol

Canofbier 10-07-2014 11:16 AM

Saw this yesterday, got so excited.

lcarus 10-07-2014 11:41 AM

You can't reheat a souffle. But who knows? Might be alright.

DJJasonp 10-07-2014 08:32 PM

a reason to live another year!!!!

Probably in my top 3 all-time favorite series!!!!

Deberg_1990 10-07-2014 09:39 PM

I thought we already had closure with 'Twin Peaks, fire walk with me' ?

Baby Lee 10-07-2014 10:32 PM

I honestly don't think there was a more revolutionary moment in broadcast programming [ie, excepting breaking news, sports, etc] than the pilot of Twin Peaks.

One could argue Hill Street Blues in retrospect, and Friends and Seinfeld revitalized some aspects of the sitcom, but that TP pilot was like a shotgun blast to the chest, and changed what people thought was possible on broadcast TV, and certainly expanded into the innovations in basic and pay cable, for decades to come.

The Twin Peaks pilot is probably, or at least jockeys with my 3 SACD set of 'Jazz at the Pawnshop,' the most I spent on a single piece of entertainment. Some $35 for a region-free DVD from Eastern Europe.

Reaper16 10-07-2014 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10993275)

That film felt to me like whatever the opposite of closure is, raising more new questions than answering old ones.

Ragged Robin 10-08-2014 08:51 AM

**** yes

Red Brooklyn 10-08-2014 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10993275)

Yeah, that was a prequel that filled in some gaps, but certainly didn't resolve anything. Reapers absolutely right. That movie was the opposite of closure. But did reiterate some things and resolve some things we didn't give a shit/know about in the first place.

Love the movie, by the way.

KCUnited 10-09-2014 08:26 AM

I was too cool for tv in '90, so I never watched the original. I fired it up on Netflix last night, holy crud, this show is awesome.

DJJasonp 10-09-2014 01:30 PM

Sherilynn fenn.....

Miles 10-10-2014 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 10993412)
That film felt to me like whatever the opposite of closure is, raising more new questions than answering old ones.

I guess it was closure in the sense of what happened with the murder which was only superficial as far as the questions on the show go. Agreed that is was completely the opposite as far as everything else. It has been about 10 years since I last watched it all and have been meaning to for a while. This announcement easily pushes it up my queue.

Molitoth 11-14-2014 09:45 AM

I've been watching this on Netflix, Kyle McLaughlin is awesome in this show.

lcarus 11-14-2014 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 11109712)
I've been watching this on Netflix, Kyle McLaughlin is awesome in this show.

Is that the guy from Blue Velvet?

By the way, Blue Velvet is a pretty good movie. Dennis Hopper = epic in that movie.

Baby Lee 11-14-2014 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 11109806)
Is that the guy from Blue Velvet?

By the way, Blue Velvet is a pretty good movie. Dennis Hopper = epic in that movie.

Yes and yes, both TP and BV directed by David Lynch [as if Dune which KM starred in as well].

Kyle's been in a lot of stinkers too. Quirks of a working actor. When you can say your role in Showgirls isn't even on the bottom half of your resume, yeesh!!

He's playing a hilarious part on The Good Wife right now.

He's also HILARIOUS as the mayor of Portlandia.

DaneMcCloud 11-14-2014 03:48 PM

I've never seen "Twin Peaks" but now that it's on Netflix, I may give it a shot. Ironically, one of the first people I befriended immediately after moving to L.A. played Leo Johnson.

Baby Lee 11-14-2014 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11110677)
I've never seen "Twin Peaks" but now that it's on Netflix, I may give it a shot.

I only wish you had the opportunity to see the pilot with zero expectations, and no knowledge of television that happened in its wake.

It holds up quality-wise, but I don't know that its revolutionary nature can ever be recreated.

However, I am also kind of curious how it would be judged by someone who can watch it AS a precursor of what's to come, kind of like people today who independently come to appreciate the genius of Citizen Kane given ITS time and place.

That said, I don't want to over-hype it. The best advice I can give is sit down and watch the pilot trying your best to be a late 80s network TV viewer vaguely aware of David Lynch and not much else.

Quote:

Ironically, one of the first people I befriended immediately after moving to L.A. played Leo Johnson.

BTW. Did you also meet?

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/images/sti...basterds27.jpg

DaneMcCloud 11-14-2014 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 11110704)
BTW. Did you also meet?

Yes, I've met him, too. We didn't spend much time chatting because we were in the bar area of a sushi restaurant waiting for a table and he was clearly with his buddies.

I thought it was cool that Tarantino named Pitt's character after Eric's dad.

Ragged Robin 11-14-2014 08:18 PM

Quote:

I've never seen "Twin Peaks" but now that it's on Netflix, I may give it a shot. Ironically, one of the first people I befriended immediately after moving to L.A. played Leo Johnson.

gotta stick with it, the first few episodes are really dated and are a hard pill to swallow but once it gets going there's no turning back :D. Most shows or movies these days just go for straight up horror or mystery thriller -- no one else on the big or little screen walks that fine line of comedy/absurdness with absolute creepiness like Lynch does it.

Baby Lee 11-14-2014 08:23 PM

Meant to add, I'd put it on the spectrum of the pilots of Hill Street Blues, ER and Lost as markers in the evolution of network TV.

lcarus 11-14-2014 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11110721)
Yes, I've met him, too. We didn't spend much time chatting because we were in the bar area of a sushi restaurant waiting for a table and he was clearly with his buddies.

I thought it was cool that Tarantino named Pitt's character after Eric's dad.

I made a trophy for Brad Pitt a while back. This old WWII vet comes in and orders these big eagle trophies for people. I guess he did a behind-the-scenes thingy for Pitt's new movie, Fury.

Nickhead 08-20-2016 03:52 PM

so riddle me this batman,

the series takes place in real time, 25 years later.

if laura palmer is dead, her look alike cousin is dead,

then how the **** can sheryl lee be in this cast?

there was a scene leaked even, where laura was at the front of her old house.

Baby Lee 08-20-2016 03:59 PM

Quote:

Did you ever catch at least the pilot?

Deberg_1990 08-20-2016 09:18 PM

Might have been the strangest show to ever air on network tv.

Incredible it made the air in 1990 when tv tv was still fairly safe and conservative.

Simply Red 08-22-2016 10:25 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/12QQV3lyYj0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nickhead 08-27-2016 07:25 AM

if you want a really short, and really really violent pseudo version of twin peaks, check out 'Utopia'.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uJnN3WMwDsk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2384811/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Quote:

After a group of people, who meet online, discover a bizarre graphic novel which seems to hold mysterious answers, they find themselves being tracked down by a merciless organization known merely as 'The Network'.
if you have seen misfits...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1548850/...nm_flmg_act_15

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bow2df3rOls" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
full pilot episode.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2805533/?ref_=tt_cl_t3
this guy is in both.
http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV...14,317_AL_.jpg

both shows are great in their own way.

being away from american programming, it really has allowed me to see the better side of serial tv.

that and the internet has helped too :D

Nickhead 09-01-2016 02:25 AM

okay, this is a pretty cool interview with the leland family 25 years later...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/abHyTbOA0Oo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

now we know the basic setup for the new series.

i am really interested to know if he mixes anything in the show regarding his belief 9/11 was an inside job.

Nickhead 09-01-2016 02:53 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4PhVHFdAjV0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XnGWE2qz4ZQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ChiliConCarnage 04-17-2017 11:56 AM

We're about a month out from S3 premiere

I'm almost through rewatching S1 and S2. I forgot how funny Pete is in the show. Something about his eyes and facial expressions can be hilarious.

I'm not sure what to expect from S3

Miles 04-17-2017 11:06 PM

Reminds me I need to rewatch at least the early ones and final ep before this is back. Fairly curious how well it has aged since I watched it roughly 12 years ago. At the time I was wondering how the hell something like this was on network TV.

I'm hoping Lynch still has it since he hasn't directed much in quite a while and have been missing him.

DJJasonp 04-18-2017 02:32 PM

I've watched all but the last 4-5 episodes of season 2.

I've read that Lynch said season 2 went so off-the-rails in parts due to pressure from the network to reveal Laura Palmer's killer.

I also read recently from him that fans should definitely watch the movie "Fire walk with me" before watching the upcoming new episodes.

I've been saving that, so it looks like it's about time to wrap it all up. Cant wait!

BlackHelicopters 04-18-2017 02:40 PM

I only watched season 1. The hot chicks were one of the reasons I watched.

Baby Lee 04-18-2017 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 12828706)
Reminds me I need to rewatch at least the early ones and final ep before this is back. Fairly curious how well it has aged since I watched it roughly 12 years ago. At the time I was wondering how the hell something like this was on network TV.

I'm hoping Lynch still has it since he hasn't directed much in quite a while and have been missing him.

I have the pilot and the first 2 seasons sitting on my shelf on DVD, but there is just too much good stuff coming out right now.

Leftovers
BCS
Veep
Americans
B99
Bosch
R&M
Silicon Valley

No time to revisit anything.

BlackHelicopters 04-18-2017 02:45 PM

I watched on regular TV. Advanced options did not yet exist. Late '80s. Madchen Amick made me hard every time she came on screen. Also the chick who dressed as a schoolgirl a lot. Can't remember her name. Love to see her naked back then.

Baby Lee 04-18-2017 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 12829371)
I watched on regular TV. Advanced options did not yet exist. Late '80s. Madchen Amick made me hard every time she came on screen. Also the chick who dressed as a schoolgirl a lot. Can't remember her name. Love to see her naked back then.

Sherilyn Fenn

http://dazedimg.dazedgroup.netdna-cd.../9/1149173.jpg

BlackHelicopters 04-18-2017 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12829404)

Hope she has aged well. Would pound her night and day, back in the day.

keg in kc 04-18-2017 04:54 PM

I made it about halfway through the pilot about a month ago. Just can't get into it for whatever reason.

Nickhead 04-18-2017 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 12829440)
Hope she has aged well. Would pound her night and day, back in the day.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3VwbkAMfFlU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ChiliConCarnage 05-13-2017 02:33 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsdRG0mJj-w

Teaser that came out earlier this week.

Miles 05-14-2017 09:22 AM

Just one more week.

MahiMike 05-14-2017 10:40 AM

Is this just the old episodes or restarting the series?

Nickhead 05-14-2017 01:54 PM

it's a continuation of the series 25 years later. :D

Red Brooklyn 05-14-2017 02:12 PM

This is going to be great!

ChiliConCarnage 05-21-2017 02:41 PM

2 hour premiere tonight plus I think the next few episodes will be available to stream. Gotta be up early for work but hopefully I'll get through the premiere.

My expectations aren't high but we'll see how it turns out.

Nickhead 05-21-2017 05:37 PM

how much time now? i will have to wait for it to be uploaded on ch131 :D

sd4chiefs 05-22-2017 09:57 AM

I watched the first 45 minutes last night. Super weird, bad acting, and confusing.

Miles 05-23-2017 08:31 PM

Watched the first 4 episodes last night with no expectations after all this time and a bit surprised just how much I liked it. Incredibly odd/surreal even by Lynch standards.

Baby Lee 05-23-2017 09:32 PM

Is the prior series of ANY importance to this present?
I have the seasons on DVD, but don't feel like digging them out and watching them [saw the show first run, watched the first season when it first came out of DVD, . . . 2004ish??].

Trying to decide whether to

go forward from 'season 3' now/soon
start season 1 and watch season 3 when caught up
or
just wait on the whole thing until I have more time.

Miles 05-23-2017 10:22 PM

Its of some importance but so far S3 is pretty different from the original run which I watched for the only time back when the DVDs were first out. S2 is really uneven after Lynch left and morphed into some shitty soap opera plots which makes the time commitment a bit rough. Lynch comes back for the last episode which you could probably get away with watching and checking wikipedia if you want to refresh a bit. So far the only thing that is probably key is where things left off with Cooper.

Rausch 05-24-2017 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 12887362)
Its of some importance but so far S3 is pretty different from the original run which I watched for the only time back when the DVDs were first out. S2 is really uneven after Lynch left and morphed into some shitty soap opera plots which makes the time commitment a bit rough.

Human translation: season 1 was very creepy and great.

Seson 2 was dog$3it and unwatchable.

Quote:

Lynch comes back for the last episode which you could probably get away with watching and checking wikipedia if you want to refresh a bit. So far the only thing that is probably key is where things left off with Cooper.

My introduction was FIRE WALK WITH ME. I liked that and liked the series (original) less.

Nickhead 05-25-2017 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12887298)
Is the prior series of ANY importance to this present?
I have the seasons on DVD, but don't feel like digging them out and watching them [saw the show first run, watched the first season when it first came out of DVD, . . . 2004ish??].

Trying to decide whether to

go forward from 'season 3' now/soon
start season 1 and watch season 3 when caught up
or
just wait on the whole thing until I have more time.

for me, having re-watched season one and two a couple years ago, i simply re-watched the last episode of season 2. now if you can recall the finer points of the old series, i would say jump right in. they do give a slight recap in the new episode.

i don't want to spoil anything but would say this continuation started out really good. as well the fact its on showtime the restrictions are fewer and it pays off.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/a_-A7WQgu-I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nickhead 05-25-2017 09:39 PM

Quote:

Its of some importance but so far S3 is pretty different from the original run which I watched for the only time back when the DVDs were first out. S2 is really uneven after Lynch left and morphed into some shitty soap opera plots which makes the time commitment a bit rough. Lynch comes back for the last episode which you could probably get away with watching and checking wikipedia if you want to refresh a bit. So far the only thing that is probably key is where things left off with Cooper.

you can see it in his eyes :shivers: :D

Red Brooklyn 05-27-2017 12:52 PM

This is absolutely outstanding. I've watched all 4 streaming episodes now and this has exceeded all expectations. David Lynch is goddamn genius and a national treasure.

Miles 06-02-2017 10:46 PM

Mildly surprised there has been so little talk about this but figure it's the same reason some of my friends haven't watched it saying they didn't watch the origional series.

Miles 06-02-2017 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 12891704)
This is absolutely outstanding. I've watched all 4 streaming episodes now and this has exceeded all expectations. David Lynch is goddamn genius and a national treasure.

After watching I was thinking about the new episodes quite a bit the next day or two. Watching with no expecations was a pretty great experience.

Red Brooklyn 06-03-2017 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 12899919)
After watching I was thinking about the new episodes quite a bit the next day or two. Watching with no expecations was a pretty great experience.

I totally agree. This has been a rare treat. Even if the quality wasn't this ****ing good, I'd still be having fun and fond memories of the experience thus far. Luckily, it's amazing. I can't wait for Sunday!

Rausch 06-03-2017 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 12900209)
I totally agree. This has been a rare treat. Even if the quality wasn't this ****ing good, I'd still be having fun and fond memories of the experience thus far. Luckily, it's amazing. I can't wait for Sunday!

I never watched the show, then Watched Fire Walk With Me and only about 2 years ago watched the classic TP.

I liked the film much better than the series.

Is this more like the film or more like old TP?...

Red Brooklyn 06-03-2017 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 12900286)
I never watched the show, then Watched Fire Walk With Me and only about 2 years ago watched the classic TP.

I liked the film much better than the series.

Is this more like the film or more like old TP?...

S3 has it's own tone. It's somewhere between FWWM and the OS. I'd say if you like the film, you're more likely to enjoy the new season.

Nickhead 06-03-2017 05:27 PM

id say the new series is a step above fire walk with me. maybe its as simple as how tv has changed, but it has a very lost highway vibe to it as well.

Red Brooklyn 06-03-2017 05:37 PM

The series is a culmination of all of Lynch's work to this point really. It's completely new but also has a "greatest hits" vibe to it. If you're a fan of Lynch, you'll LOVE this. If you are a fan of Twin Peaks more than a David Lynch fan, you may or may not struggle with it. But I think it's completely brilliant so far.

Miles 06-11-2017 02:41 AM

I could watch Dougie for hours.

Miles 06-25-2017 09:56 PM

Holy ****ing shit.

kysirsoze 06-26-2017 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 12931710)
Holy ****ing shit.

Lynch is a ****ing madman.

Miles 07-07-2017 12:44 AM

Watched most recent episode again and made just a little more sense this time. This is some amazing stuff.

kysirsoze 07-07-2017 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 12946954)
Watched most recent episode again and made just a little more sense this time. This is some amazing stuff.

I can't wait for episode 9.

Nickhead 07-10-2017 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 12947339)
I can't wait for episode 9.

was good to get back to the here and now. that last episode, i appreciate but was tough to get thru. anyone think there is a connection to the two girls at the end of the episode that makes you think of laura and donna? :D

Fish 08-06-2017 07:43 PM

Yeah, so I just watched the first 5 episodes of the original 90's Twin Peaks over the last 2 days. It had been recommended before by multiple friends, but I had memories of watching an episode or two randomly in the second season forever ago, having no clue about the story, and it just seemed so weird and irrational. But now I'm approaching it decades later, without really knowing a single thing about it other than it confused the hell out of me when I tried to get into it back in the day.

So what the **** am I watching? But please, don't even tell me, cause I'm not going to check this thread again till I'm completely caught up. Just wanted to share my goofy discovery of total confusion and intrigue of what's to come at this point in the series. The random dream sequences are really messing with my brain right now. Nothing makes sense, but I'm so invested I might watch the rest of season 1 before going to sleep........

Miles 08-08-2017 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 12995528)
Yeah, so I just watched the first 5 episodes of the original 90's Twin Peaks over the last 2 days. It had been recommended before by multiple friends, but I had memories of watching an episode or two randomly in the second season forever ago, having no clue about the story, and it just seemed so weird and irrational. But now I'm approaching it decades later, without really knowing a single thing about it other than it confused the hell out of me when I tried to get into it back in the day.

So what the **** am I watching? But please, don't even tell me, cause I'm not going to check this thread again till I'm completely caught up. Just wanted to share my goofy discovery of total confusion and intrigue of what's to come at this point in the series. The random dream sequences are really messing with my brain right now. Nothing makes sense, but I'm so invested I might watch the rest of season 1 before going to sleep........

The WTF is this I'm watching increases greatly with the new series. No idea but it's so ****ing good.

Nickhead 08-09-2017 01:41 AM

Quote:

by rights you should have watched fire walk with me first. the casual fan doesn't even know it exists and is a closer representation of lynch's non network tv version of his vision. :D

listopencil 08-09-2017 01:54 AM

Quote:

I just went through almost the exact same thing but I could only make it about 30 minutes into the pilot. So much melodrama. So much overacting. Such poor dialogue. I just want to slap the mom. Does it get better? If not I'm out.

Nickhead 08-09-2017 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 12999876)
I just went through almost the exact same thing but I could only make it about 30 minutes into the pilot. So much melodrama. So much overacting. Such poor dialogue. I just want to slap the mom. Does it get better? If not I'm out.

it's dramatic slapstick, the tv series that is. if you want to know who killed laura then watch till episode 8ish?????? of season 2. after that it is 'shit'ish :D

Miles 09-01-2017 11:50 PM

This is some of the best stuff I've ever seen at its high points. The past few episodes have been parrticularly great. Didn't skip for the holiday weekend and getting a 2 part ending Sunday.

Nickhead 09-02-2017 02:15 AM

sorry, but technically this is not a spoiler if you are aware of the show...

love to see agent cooper return. :thumb:

kysirsoze 09-04-2017 02:49 AM

What a total mind****. David Lynch is a genius. I hope they figure out how to make more. I'm hooked. All other TV is going to feel empty by comparison.

Red Brooklyn 09-05-2017 02:09 PM

Yep.

That was singular. And incredible.