ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ****N.O. Saints @ K.C. Chiefs**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=303046)

DJ's left nut 10-24-2016 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 12502455)
Dude, that was brutal.

That was one of those plays that could've turned a season. It easily could've led to a collapse and an eventual L (and without Fairly's penalty, who knows?). Lose that game and the entire tenor of the season changes. It really was a potential disaster in the making and one of the worst plays I've seen in a long time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 12502481)
Shit happens. They were in it at the end thanks to Tamba not knowing where to place his hand, twice.

Yeah...WTF was that? How the hell does a 10+ year veteran line up in the neutral zone twice. Can you imagine the gnashing and wailing had Ford done that?

It took some huge plays by some unsung heroes to hold onto this one because we had a few reliable guys make some uncharacteristically bad plays. But then, that's the nature of a sound football team; you pick each other up.

Titty Meat 10-24-2016 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12503491)
That was one of those plays that could've turned a season. It easily could've led to a collapse and an eventual L (and without Fairly's penalty, who knows?). Lose that game and the entire tenor of the season changes. It really was a potential disaster in the making and one of the worst plays I've seen in a long time.

Yeah...WTF was that? How the hell does a 10+ year veteran line up in the neutral zone twice. Can you imagine the gnashing and wailing had Ford done that?

It took some huge plays by some unsung heroes to hold onto this one because we had a few reliable guys make some uncharacteristically bad plays. But then, that's the nature of a sound football team; you pick each other up.

That was a terrible contract extension on Dorsey's part. Hali is not worth that contract at all.

RunKC 10-24-2016 10:19 AM

DL really came to play yesterday. Howard had that pressure which forced the Sorenson INT, Jones clogged a lot of running holes and got in the backfield a bit and Poe had some some good pressure pretty often.

Brees is so ****ing good and gets rid of it so quick. I was surprised that he was getting passes off with Howard and Poe roaring at him.

We got him eventually though.

Marcellus 10-24-2016 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 12503472)
Yes. He had the bet with me. He said that he would bet that Hill wouldn't have a 20 yard catch all season. I took the bet and we wagered Sig and avatar privileges for one year. He moved the goalposts after the bet and said that the 20 yards had to be through the air, but he still lost. I am taking suggestions for his new sig and avatar.

Hill definitely needs to be in his Avatar then.

jjchieffan 10-24-2016 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 12503625)
Hill definitely needs to be in his Avatar then.

That's what I'm thinking. A Hill avatar and an Alex Smith sig. LMAO

The Franchise 10-24-2016 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 12503345)
Top 5 catches from yesterday around the NFL video.

Hill at #2.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nflv...x?ocid=UE07DHP

That pass by Smith was uncharacteristic as ****. I've never seen him throw a ball when the WR is covered like that.....to an open spot where Hill will be.

Marcellus 10-24-2016 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12503638)
That pass by Smith was uncharacteristic as ****. I've never seen him throw a ball when the WR is covered like that.....to an open spot where Hill will be.

He did the same thing to Maclin in the SD game for a TD but threw it to the outside shoulder rather than inside.

Almost the exact same place in the endzone.

O.city 10-24-2016 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12503624)
DL really came to play yesterday. Howard had that pressure which forced the Sorenson INT, Jones clogged a lot of running holes and got in the backfield a bit and Poe had some some good pressure pretty often.

Brees is so ****ing good and gets rid of it so quick. I was surprised that he was getting passes off with Howard and Poe roaring at him.

We got him eventually though.

We kinda got gashed vs the run. Although I'm not sure but what they weren't ok giving up some rushing yards

Anyong Bluth 10-24-2016 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12503647)
We kinda got gashed vs the run. Although I'm not sure but what they weren't ok giving up some rushing yards

Not a big deal. They schemed to focus on containing Brees and the pass. It left the run more exposed. There would have been cause for alarm if they were breaking off 20+ yard runs or breakaway tds.

They weren't.

O.city 10-24-2016 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 12503657)
Not a big deal. They schemed to focus on containing Brees and the pass. It left the run more exposed. There would have been cause for alarm if they were breaking off 20+ yard runs or breakaway tds.

They weren't.

For sure, but Brees was still Brees for the most part. He's just really good. We forced them to punt a few times and had a pick 6, which is about what you hope for against those guys. Especially when your pass rushers are hurt and or aren't getting there.

The Saints have built a really good wr core, plus with Brees, they're phenomenal. If they could get a dynamic TE they'd be really tough to stop.

KChiefs1 10-24-2016 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 12502450)
I blame Demetrius Harris. We opened the second half watching the saints eat up like eight minutes on their drive, then Harris stalls us out with that drop.

Totally sucked out our momentum.

Edit: ****ing phone

Harris & Hali turned a rout into a close game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr. Laz 10-24-2016 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 12502721)
Sorensen was awesome. Guys around here have been wanting to replace him for two years now. :clap:

It's true.

But then again Sorenson has looked like a completely different player this year.

When he was running back that interception he actually looked FAST :eek:

Earlier this year he closed on a ball while play single high and actually MADE the play. I can't remember the last time a safety for us did that. They are never on time.

I starting to that the Berry should be SS and Sorenson starting FS.

Move Parker to Slot CB where he is probably better anyway. That gives us options for glassman Gaines.

SAUTO 10-24-2016 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay (Post 12503615)
That was a terrible contract extension on Dorsey's part. Hali is not worth that contract at all.

He's gonna, retire and give most back.

Mr. Laz 10-24-2016 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12504482)
He's gonna, retire and give most back.

We should have added a another pass rusher this for season. Or add a true LOLB good enough to start for few games so Ford could be over at ROLB taking half the snaps away from Hali.

Better yet we should have add BOTH.

Doesn't Freeney have like 5 sacks this year in 4 games or something? He was available.

Big mistake by Dorsey/Sutton/Reid (Have no idea who made the call)