ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Mizzou Basketball (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255770)

Stanley Nickels 02-11-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 8365894)
"We are a football school." /MU

Really? That's what you brought to the table? There are millions of words in the English language, you have no character limit, and the board has incredibly lax language restrictions, and THAT'S what you came up with?

Boooooooooooooooooo...

mnchiefsguy 02-11-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8365901)
As I stated last night, Keitzmann is a moron.

I am sure on Monday he will not say much on the Mizzou game. He will just focus on ku and ksu.

DJ's left nut 02-11-2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 8365894)
"We are a football school." /MU

Nope - we're just not a basketball school.

You fellas keep screwing that up. "Basketball School" = school that doesn't have a football program to speak of. "Football School" = a handful of power schools that have been winning championships for 70 years.

Mizzou's just a very very strong athletics school. We're good at basketball, we're good at football. We're not routinely great at either of them, but we have our moments. And even when you start to get to stuff like baseball, wrestling, softball, etc...; we're quite good in all of those as well.

Nah, we don't claim to be a football a school - just a school that gets to look forward to football season.

But hey - "wait 'till basketball", right?

Mr_Tomahawk 02-11-2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 8365902)
Really? That's what you brought to the table? There are millions of words in the English language, you have no character limit, and the board has incredibly lax language restrictions, and THAT'S what you came up with?

Boooooooooooooooooo...

Why so defensive? I wanted to play the quote game too...

Mr_Tomahawk 02-11-2012 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8365910)
Nope - we're just not a basketball school.

You fellas keep screwing that up. "Basketball School" = school that doesn't have a football program to speak of. "Football School" = a handful of power schools that have been winning championships for 70 years.

Mizzou's just a very very strong athletics school. We're good at basketball, we're good at football. We're not routinely great at either of them, but we have our moments. And even when you start to get to stuff like baseball, wrestling, softball, etc...; we're quite good in all of those as well.

Nah, we don't claim to be a football a school - just a school that gets to look forward to football season.

But hey - "wait 'till basketball", right?

Relax...I just mumbled 5 words. No need to throw a fit.

DJ's left nut 02-11-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 8365915)
Relax...I just mumbled 5 words. No need to throw a fit.

You have a strange definition of 'fit'.

I type fast, chief. Don't worry - it really didn't take that much effort.

Spott 02-11-2012 03:02 PM

Nice win. Glad to see Mizzou finish them off unlike last time when we had them down by 10 with 2 minutes to play and ended up winning by 1.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-11-2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8365921)
You have a strange definition of 'fit'.

I type fast, chief. Don't worry - it really didn't take that much effort.

:good:...

KcMizzou 02-11-2012 03:05 PM

Wow... KSU once led by 14. Down 9 now with 1:41 to go

O.city 02-11-2012 03:06 PM

When does ISU come to Mizzou?

DJ's left nut 02-11-2012 03:06 PM

Okay, so I'm watching this KU game and I have a thought:

Would it be worth playing some 4-corners basketball early against Kansas? Think about that game we played at home against Tech. Mizzou was never really at risk of losing that game, but the pace was so slow and so methodical that it just took the crowd right out of it.

MU's biggest hurdle in that game will obviously be the crowd. Well if we go out there and take quick shots and we're off, we could be down 12-4 early and suddenly AFH will be insane. However, if we can take some air out of the ball and after 3 or 4 minutes the score is something like 8-4; does that take enough energy out of the crowd to start trying to pick up the pace?

The early energy that KU gets from that crowd is second to none, if slowing it up a bit allows us to weather the storm, I actually think Mizzou can pull it off.

Then again, we could go out there and play like we did against KSU and lose by 20. Hard to say...

eazyb81 02-11-2012 03:07 PM

17 page phag.net thread on the Mizzou/Baylor game.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=172&f=2481&t=8692627&p=1

ku fans clearly don't give a damn about Mizzou.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-11-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 8365935)

I wonder how many MU fans are surfing phag.net?

Spott 02-11-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 8365935)

Well that's ok because I sure as hell don't give a damn about Kansas.

Saul Good 02-11-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8365931)
Okay, so I'm watching this KU game and I have a thought:

Would it be worth playing some 4-corners basketball early against Kansas? Think about that game we played at home against Tech. Mizzou was never really at risk of losing that game, but the pace was so slow and so methodical that it just took the crowd right out of it.

MU's biggest hurdle in that game will obviously be the crowd. Well if we go out there and take quick shots and we're off, we could be down 12-4 early and suddenly AFH will be insane. However, if we can take some air out of the ball and after 3 or 4 minutes the score is something like 8-4; does that take enough energy out of the crowd to start trying to pick up the pace?

The early energy that KU gets from that crowd is second to none, if slowing it up a bit allows us to weather the storm, I actually think Mizzou can pull it off.

Then again, we could go out there and play like we did against KSU and lose by 20. Hard to say...

I actually really like that idea except we play horribly when stalling.