ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals 2013 Kansas City Royals Repository Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267564)

tk13 07-28-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archie F. Swin (Post 9840493)
Interesting storyline in the AL West. The Rangers, who now have a front office with a winning attitude and money to back it up, are 5 games out of first behind the Athletics who seem to be paying some form of moneyball.

The A's may be walking on thin ice though if Colon gets suspended. Of course they'll probably find a way to work around it. That'd be a huge blow though.

But the real story, as we've seen several times over the previous decade... is the A's and Rays are leading their big budget divisions with payrolls that are 10+ and 20+ million dollars less than the Royals. This kind of thing has happened several times in recent years.

Raiderhater 07-28-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9840503)
But the real story, as we've seen several times over the previous decade... is the A's and Rays are leading their big budget divisions with payrolls that are 10+ and 20+ million dollars less than the Royals. This kind of thing has happened several times in recent years.

And everyone wants to bitch about Glass being cheap. Which, he probably is to some extent. However the real story with this franchise is the incompetence that runs through it. If the Royals are actually spending more than a couple of division leaders, there is NO excuse for not being contenders.

And it pisses me off.

siberian khatru 07-28-2013 11:47 AM

And the Rays play in a crappy ballpark and have an apathetic fanbase.

Coach 07-28-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 9840511)
And everyone wants to bitch about Glass being cheap. Which, he probably is to some extent. However the real story with this franchise is the incompetence that runs through it. If the Royals are actually spending more than a couple of division leaders, there is NO excuse for not being contenders.

And it pisses me off.

It doesn't help the fact that they are spending it on poor quality players like Getz, Francouer, Mendoza, etc to name a few off my head. Beatancourt was another one that was terrible.

Raiderhater 07-28-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9840513)
And the Rays play in a crappy ballpark and have an apathetic fanbase.

Yep. The level of fail coming out of Kauffman is absolutely mind boggling.

Raiderhater 07-28-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 9840516)
It doesn't help the fact that they are spending it on poor quality players like Getz, Francouer, Mendoza, etc to name a few off my head. Beatancourt was another one that was terrible.

Absolutely. Incompetence plain and simple. Shitty talent evaluation. Stubbornness to stick by those players even after they have proven to be failures. It is like an entire franchise of Pioli/Cassel syndrome. Completely unfathomable.

Prison Bitch 07-28-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 9840511)

And it pisses me off.

In all fairness, those big money teams have bad injury luck right now. Nobody thinks the Yankees would only be 55-50 if they had Texeira-Granderson-ARod all year long. Red Sox without Buckholz, Bailey, Hanrahan, which is dead money. And Texas lost 18-game winner Matt Harrison, Colby Lewis (14-game winner two years ago, 3.30 ERA last year), Feliz who saved 35 per. Berkman hurt now etc.

Tampa Oakland and yes, KC have been extremely injury-free this year. That explains what's happening in the standings.

Raiderhater 07-28-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9840542)
In all fairness, those big money teams have bad injury luck right now. Nobody thinks the Yankees would only be 55-50 if they had Texeira-Granderson-ARod all year long. Red Sox without Buckholz, Bailey, Hanrahan, which is dead money. And Texas lost 18-game winner Matt Harrison, Colby Lewis (14-game winner two years ago, 3.30 ERA last year), Feliz who saved 35 per. Berkman hurt now etc.

Tampa Oakland and yes, KC have been extremely injury-free this year. That explains what's happening in the standings.

Tampa is always a potential contender, regardless of the BoSox and Yanks injury problems. Oakland is not in the mix every year but, often enough to provide fans with a reason to support them.

Sorry but, the big money clubs injury problems does not detract from the competence emanating from a couple of the smaller franchises.

KevB 07-28-2013 12:57 PM

Myers with 2 more home runs today and 4 RBIs. It's a struggle trying not to pay attention, but when the guy is blowing up like this I can't help it.

DeezNutz 07-28-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9840671)
Myers with 2 more home runs today and 4 RBIs. It's a struggle trying not to pay attention, but when the guy is blowing up like this I can't help it.

Imagine if Moore had decided to trade Moose instead of Myers for Shields...

KevB 07-28-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9840678)
Imagine if Moore had decided to trade Moose instead of Myers for Shields...

Or if we wouldn't have made the trade and signed Anibal Sanchez instead. Sanchez roughly equivalent to Shields, you don't have Davis setting fire to the mound every fifth day, and you have the best rookie in baseball playing right field. I know, no reason to dwell on what if's........

DeezNutz 07-28-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9840687)
Or if we wouldn't have made the trade and signed Anibal Sanchez instead. Sanchez roughly equivalent to Shields, you don't have Davis setting fire to the mound every fifth day, and you have the best rookie in baseball playing right field. I know, no reason to dwell on what if's........

If only some had thought of this before the trade happened...:( drinks heavily

Coach 07-28-2013 01:10 PM

Dayton really need to address the 2nd base and 3rd base.... Moose is just terrible, and he's just overmatched.

Saul Good 07-28-2013 01:12 PM

That pitch looked really high.

gblowfish 07-28-2013 01:14 PM

Alex turning back into Alice in front of our eyes. He swung at ball two and ball three. No place discipline.

DeezNutz 07-28-2013 01:16 PM

Rany just posted a long update, listing basically all of the potential targets for 2B, while first arguing that we shouldn't be buyers in the traditional sense.

SAUTO 07-28-2013 01:22 PM

The team has the money to re sign Santana. Let's not use that as an excuse
Posted via Mobile Device

TambaBerry 07-28-2013 01:23 PM

What's the list?

lewdog 07-28-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9840751)
Rany just posted a long update, listing basically all of the potential targets for 2B, while first arguing that we shouldn't be buyers in the traditional sense.

It's been a fun season for sure especially considering the shit we are used to watching but IMO we still aren't at the level to be buying at this point in the season, as fun as that may be. However, I simply think we might be buyers because DM needs to make some moves to try and save his ass. I think it would be poor franchise management to allow him to do that, however.

SAUTO 07-28-2013 01:28 PM

We are paying Santana 13 million this year.
Posted via Mobile Device

58kcfan89 07-28-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9840781)
It's been a fun season for sure especially considering the shit we are used to watching but IMO we still aren't at the level to be buying at this point in the season, as fun as that may be. However, I simply think we might be buyers because DM needs to make some moves to try and save his ass. I think it would be poor franchise management to allow him to do that, however.

This was precisely why I (and all the rest of you, I'm sure) wasn't a fan of the Shields trade. We're just not ready yet, and probably never will be as long as Dayton's in charge.

As for Dayton saving his ass, I just have doubts that Glass actually would fire him if this team finishes anywhere near .500. I'm thinking it's going to take an epic collapse for him to not be employed in 2014, unfortunately. Now, if we're not in legitimate contention at this point next season.....

mr. tegu 07-28-2013 02:01 PM

Both the Tigers and Indians win again. This is just ridiculous that we win five in a row and don't even make up a game.

tk13 07-28-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9840687)

The only issue with this is it assumes we would've signed Sanchez and Detroit wouldn't have tried to outbid us to ensure this doesn't happen. I don't think this was guaranteed, in which case Chen and Hoch are in our rotation again all year, plus someone like Will Smith or Mendoza.

Prison Bitch 07-28-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

True, but Shields threw 7 shutout innings the other night and Lough saved the game last night. Have to look at everything in it's entirety.

Prison Bitch 07-28-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58kcfan89 (Post 9840880)
This was precisely why I (and all the rest of you, I'm sure) wasn't a fan of the Shields trade. We're just not ready yet,..

How would anyone know? The preseason Vegas odds had Tampa at 86, Oakland at 83, Arizona 81,Boston 79, Cleveland 78, PIttsburgh 79, Baltimore 77. All are having good seasons. You can't possibly know for certain which teams are "ready" and which are not.

http://www.baseballnation.com/2013/2...s-2013-GAMBLOR

BWillie 07-28-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archie F. Swin (Post 9840417)
Rany also made it clear last night that Lough is a 27 old fluke and evoked the name Bob Hamlin.

He probably is. Hes a solid major league player, dont get me wrong. But go to a royals game and listen tonwhat the casual fan thinks. I overheard some of them touting Lough as a perennial all star and better than Alex Gordon. Just cuz a guy is hitting .300 at the time doesnt mean hes going to do it after 1500 at bats. Ive been saying for a while now that ppl are going to be disappointed with guys like Perez and Escobar regress back to their mean. Its gonna be the same w Lough. Hes a good player, but there is absolutely no way he will be a perennial .300 hitter.

BWillie 07-28-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Everybody keep on telling yourself that was a good trade. Got rid of your best offensive and major league ready prospect and a guy in Odorizzi that would have been in the rotation this yr. 6 years of control for Will Myers. Just renting Shields.

Raiderhater 07-28-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 9841032)
Everybody keep on telling yourself that was a good trade. Got rid of your best offensive and major league ready prospect and a guy in Odorizzi that would have been in the rotation this yr. 6 years of control for Will Myers. Just renting Shields.

And none of us would be talking about the Royals right now because we would be so far out of it as usual due to no pitching.

MeatRock 07-28-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 9841032)

Odorizzi in the rotation this year? ROFL

DeezNutz 07-28-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 9841044)
And none of us would be talking about the Royals right now because we would be so far out of it as usual due to no pitching.

This is simply not true. Before last night's game, Shields and Davies had combined for .3 WAR. Myers was 1 WAR.

So Myers + 2 RLP = better than where we're at now.

BWillie 07-28-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatRock (Post 9841059)
Odorizzi in the rotation this year? ROFL

Hes worse than Davis? ......OK

MeatRock 07-28-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 9841107)
Hes worse than Davis? ......OK

Yes, i think he is.

SAUTO 07-28-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatRock (Post 9841112)
Yes, i think he is.

No.
****ing.
Way.
Posted via Mobile Device

MeatRock 07-28-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9841170)
No.
****ing.
Way.
Posted via Mobile Device

Are you kidding me? Odorizzi's been slapped around routinely in the majors. At least Davis has had some success at this level.

DeezNutz 07-28-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatRock (Post 9841191)
Are you kidding me? Odorizzi's been slapped around routinely in the majors. At least Davis has had some success at this level.

Routinely? He's pitched 18 innings this year.

MeatRock 07-28-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9841200)
Routinely? He's pitched 18 innings this year.

Last year? He got lit up for the Royals damn near every time he pitched.

SAUTO 07-28-2013 03:12 PM

How many innings has he pitched in the majors?

25?

Yeah he's routinely been slapped around
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 07-28-2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatRock (Post 9841203)
Last year? He got lit up for the Royals damn near every time he pitched.

In seven innings?

Seven.
Posted via Mobile Device

MeatRock 07-28-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9841210)
In seven innings?

Seven.
Posted via Mobile Device

I don't give a **** how many innings he has pitched. When he has, he has not been better than Davis. Period.

SAUTO 07-28-2013 03:14 PM

Point one
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 07-28-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatRock (Post 9841213)
I don't give a **** how many innings he has pitched. When he has, he has not been better than Davis. Period.

He had a 4.98 era for us.

You are talking out of your ass
Posted via Mobile Device

Raiderhater 07-28-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9841080)
This is simply not true. Before last night's game, Shields and Davies had combined for .3 WAR. Myers was 1 WAR.

So Myers + 2 RLP = better than where we're at now.

Pfft, if you seriously believe that we would be where we are record wise right now with out the the pitching staff we have you are smoking dope.

DeezNutz 07-28-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 9841231)
Pfft, if you seriously believe that we would be where we are record wise right now with out the the pitching staff we have you are smoking dope.

Davies and Shields are almost a wash. The numbers don't lie, so I don't need to resort to smoke when I have facts.

MeatRock 07-28-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9841223)
He had a 4.98 era for us.

You are talking out of your ass
Posted via Mobile Device

No you are talking out of your ass. 4.98 era in 7 innings is not good. He has a 6.00 era in 18 innings this year for TB. That's not real good either.

SAUTO 07-28-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatRock (Post 9841241)
No you are talking out of your ass. 4.98 era in 7 innings is not good. He has a 6.00 era in 18 innings this year for TB. That's not real good either.

And Davis is better?

Nope worse even after the good game the other night.
Posted via Mobile Device

Raiderhater 07-28-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9841236)
Davies and Shields are almost a wash. The numbers don't lie, so I don't need to resort to smoke when I have facts.

And if not for the trade we run Hoch and Chen out all season. What would those numbers look like?

The numbers do not tell how things WOULD have played out had the trade not been made. Different circumstances often lead to different results. Who is to say that Myers would hit anything playing for the Royals? No one else on the team seems to be able to.

MeatRock 07-28-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9841249)
And Davis is better?

Nope worse even after the good game the other night.
Posted via Mobile Device

Davis was a 1.5 war player last year. Odorizzi is a -0.2 war player so far. This has been a bad year so far for Davis, i will agree, but Davis has had success at this level. Davis also has a better arsenal of pitches.

I would trot Davis out there over Odorizzi any day.

DeezNutz 07-28-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 9841283)
And if not for the trade we run Hoch and Chen out all season. What would those numbers look like?

The numbers do not tell how things WOULD have played out had the trade not been made. Different circumstances often lead to different results. Who is to say that Myers would hit anything playing for the Royals? No one else on the team seems to be able to.

We would still have been allowed to participate in FA, and the Shields money could have gone elsewhere. Again, we would need two pitchers to amount to 0 WAR to have been better with Myers from the start of the year and Dayton's son cut, who was a negative WAR player himself.

Myers didn't "develop" in TB. He was ready to go.

SAUTO 07-28-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatRock (Post 9841289)
Davis was a 1.5 war player last year. Odorizzi is a -0.2 war player so far. This has been a bad year so far for Davis, i will agree, but Davis has had success at this level. Davis also has a better arsenal of pitches.

I would trot Davis out there over Odorizzi any day.

he was a ****ing reliever last year.

you are talking about using him to start which he hasn't shown he's any better than Odorizzi at this point.
Posted via Mobile Device

MeatRock 07-28-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9841316)
he was a ****ing reliever last year.

you are talking about using him to start which he hasn't shown he's any better than Odorizzi at this point.
Posted via Mobile Device

Odorizzi is a career reliever as well. What's your point?

lewdog 07-28-2013 03:31 PM

Hindsight is 50/50 when reviewing trades brahs!

Raiderhater 07-28-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9841307)
We would still have been allowed to participate in FA, and the Shields money could have gone elsewhere. Again, we would need two pitchers to amount to 0 WAR to have been better with Myers from the start of the year and Dayton's son cut, who was a negative WAR player himself.

Myers didn't "develop" in TB. He was ready to go.

Still no garauntee that Myers does not become affected by the offensive woes that plague this team. And even if not, I still do not believe that he alone on offense would be enough to compliment Santana to keep us hovering around .500 at this point.

SAUTO 07-28-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatRock (Post 9841321)
Odorizzi is a career reliever as well. What's your point?

Where? He started for the royals last year. He started three out of four games for the rays this year.

might as well just leave it be now.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chris Meck 07-28-2013 03:35 PM

We're still talking about the Royals at the end of July. You can thank the starting pitching for that.

Maybe Myers is a stud, maybe not. If he's in right and Hoch is our staff ace again, we're on pace to lose 90-100 again.

Raiderhater 07-28-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 9841333)
Still no garauntee that Myers does not become affected by the offensive woes that plague this team. And even if not, I still do not believe that he alone on offense would be enough to compliment Santana to keep us hovering around .500 at this point.

I would also add that even with Santana, we had no idea that he was going to pitch any where near the level he has. If you're focus is upgrading the pitching staff, he alone at the time was not going to be enough. More needed to be added, and so it was.

Raiderhater 07-28-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 9841343)
We're still talking about the Royals at the end of July. You can thank the starting pitching for that.

Maybe Myers is a stud, maybe not. If he's in right and Hoch is our staff ace again, we're on pace to lose 90-100 again.

Hoch, Chen and Myers > Shields and Davis. /DeezNutz

MeatRock 07-28-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9841336)
Where? He started for the royals last year. He started three out of four games for the rays this year.

might as well just leave it be now.
Posted via Mobile Device

Regardless, Odorizzi hasn't shown shit at the MLB level. Davis has at least shown he can pitch here. Davis has shown to be a more capable pitcher than Odorizzi.

MeatRock 07-28-2013 03:41 PM

Odorizzi is hot garbage.

DeezNutz 07-28-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 9841353)

Wow. Let's completely disregard reality.

If we didn't trade Myers for Shields, I have it on good authority that Moore was looking to bring back Kyle Davies and Scott Elarton, with the latter being the opening day starter.

Hoch was starting. Chen was starting. Wait! He still is! And we could not acquire another starter, per league rules. Forget that there were a host of options.

The math is wrong. I swear.

Prison Bitch 07-28-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9841236)

They've combined for 4.0 war. Your numbers apparently are lying.

DeezNutz 07-28-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9841386)
They've combined for 4.0 war. Your numbers apparently are lying.

Baseball Reference. I'm not paying attention to what FanGraphs says about a starter with Davies' numbers.

alnorth 07-28-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 9841353)

Our 2nd and 3rd choice in the FA market + Myers > Shields and Davis so far.

Prison Bitch 07-28-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9841398)
Baseball Reference. I'm not paying attention to what FanGraphs says about a starter with Davies' numbers.

So you admit your numbers are selective. Cool.

Chris Meck 07-28-2013 04:19 PM

The Royals are on the edges of contention at the end of July because their pitching has been outstanding.

Shields has been outstanding. Santana has been outstanding. Guthrie's been good, hell, even Chen has been good. The bullpen's been nails mostly.

No Shields and we're not having this discussion. He brings more than just numbers.

At some point here, players like Gordon, Butler, Hosmer, and Moustakas are all going to get hot at the same time and this team can and will go on a run. Statistically speaking, Billy and Alex aren't .275 or .280 hitters. It's gonna happen. The only question is, will they be too far gone to make up the ground?

Sure-Oz 07-28-2013 04:22 PM

No way Moustakas gets hot the rest of this season.

He is a pile of shit at the plate with no power when he does get hits.

DeezNutz 07-28-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9841477)
So you admit your numbers are selective. Cool.

What does common sense suggest that the value of a pitcher with a 5.50 ERA and a WHIP of 1.75 might be?

Oh, so you admit that you're not going to factor in common sense? Cool.

Archie F. Swin 07-28-2013 05:47 PM

The Royals record matches their pythagoraen record. That would suggest they are not getting lucky. So, would they need to get lucky to contend for a wild card?

Prison Bitch 07-28-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9841504)
What does common sense suggest that the value of a pitcher with a 5.50 ERA and a WHIP of 1.75 might be?

Oh, so you admit that you're not going to factor in common sense? Cool.

He's got a 4.29 FIP. I don't know what you want from a 4 starter in the AL. He's got a .375 babip vs. the league average of .300 and his career total of .296. He's been unlucky if anything.

MeatRock 07-28-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9841703)
He's got a 4.29 FIP. I don't know what you want from a 4 starter in the AL. He's got a .375 babip vs. the league average of .300 and his career total of .296. He's been unlucky if anything.

Odorizzi is better. ROFL

CoMoChief 07-28-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 9840056)
I was with you until you went full reerun and said Hosmer has ruined this teams season. Maybe you missed the last month and a half. I dunno

Maybe you missed the point about how his power sucks and it's taken him damn near 3 months to get going.

Prison Bitch 07-28-2013 06:09 PM

TV deals by team:

eam RSN Avg. Annual Rights Fee Equity Stake Expiration Year
Arizona Diamonbacks FS Arizona $31 million 2015
Atlanta Braves FS Sports South/Sports South $20-$30 million 2031
Baltimore Orioles MASN $29 million 87% N/A
Boston Red Sox NESN $60 million 80% N/A
Chicago Cubs CSN Chicago/WGN $50 million (combined) 20% CSN Chicago WGN: 2014/CSN: 2019
Chicago White Sox CSN Chicago $45.5 million 40% N/A
Cincinnati Reds FS Ohio $30 million 2016
Cleveland Indians FS Ohio $40 million 2022
Colorado Rockies Root Rocky Mountain $20 million 2014
Detroit Tigers FS Detroit $40 million 2017
Houston Astros CSN Houston $80 million 45% 2032
Kansas City Royals FS Kansas City $20 million 2019
Los Angeles Angels FS West $150 million 25% 2032
Los Angeles Dodgers SportsNet LA $340 million 2038
Miami Marlins FS Florida $18 million N/A
Milwaukee Brewers FS Wisconsin $20 million 2019
Minnesota Twins FS North $29 million N/A
New York Mets SNY $65 million (inc. over time) 65% 2030
New York Yankees YES $90 million (inc. over time) 34% 2042
Oakland A’s CSN California $43-$48 million 2029 (opt-out after 2023)
Philadelphia Phillies CSN Philadelphia $35 million 2015
Pittsburgh Pirates Root Pittsburgh $18 million 2019
San Diego Padres FS San Diego $60 million 20% 2031
San Francisco Giants CSN Bay Area $30 million 35% 2032
Seattle Mariners Root Northwest $115 million more than 50% 2030
St. Louis Cardinals FS Midwest $25-28 million 2019
Tampa Bay Rays SunSports $20 million 2016
Texas Rangers FS Southwest $150 million 10% 2034
Toronto Blue Jays Rogers Sportsnet $36 million N/A
Washington Nationals MASN $29 million 13% N/A

CoMoChief 07-28-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9839469)
If Moose and Hos becme perennial 25+ to 30+ HR, 100+ RBI guys, then the sting of Myers hurts a lot less.

There wouldn't be any sting because we'd be division leaders at this point of the season...and would probably get the division crown for the first time since the 80's.

It would be more of an accomplishment than anything the Chiefs have ever done in the last 15 years.

TambaBerry 07-28-2013 08:04 PM

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 27m
Source confirms #Angels willing to listen on Kendrick, Aybar, others, as first reported by @jeffpassan. Goal is to upgrade starting pitching

Could we get Kendrick?

TambaBerry 07-28-2013 08:04 PM

Source confirms #Angels willing to listen on Kendrick, Aybar, others, as first reported by @jeffpassan. Goal is to upgrade starting pitching

Could we get Kendrick?

seaofred 07-28-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tambaberry (Post 9841998)

Could we get Kendrick?

Santana for Kendrick....:D

TambaBerry 07-28-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seaofred (Post 9842000)
Santana for Kendrick....:D

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 28m
For Kendrick or Aybar, #Angels would seek a starter under multi-year control. Some teams want major leaguers for such pitchers, source says.

Needs to be multi year control

GloryDayz 07-28-2013 08:08 PM

I'm glad we're at .500. I'll be honest, I didn't think it would happen... I hope they keep digging...

gblowfish 07-28-2013 08:22 PM

Rather have Gaybar than Kendrick. We're set in the outfield for the rest of the year. Think they'd take Hoch? They've been showcasing him over the past week. Hey, why not trade for both of them? Make them the SS-2B combo and move Escobar to third, send Moose to AA NW Arkansas!

KevB 07-28-2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9842036)
Rather have Gaybar than Kendrick. We're set in the outfield for the rest of the year. Think they'd take Hoch? They've been showcasing him over the past week.

Kendrick is a 2nd baseman with a little pop....give me him w/o question over Aybar.

TambaBerry 07-28-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9842044)
Kendrick is a 2nd baseman with a little pop....give me him w/o question over Aybar.

This