ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games XBox 360 General Discussion thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=150892)

kcxiv 07-18-2008 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 4855050)
Maybe they can bring it out with PS4??

What they are going to do is release as an open beta to everyone and its NEVER going to be final. Its going to stay in permanent beta.

007 07-18-2008 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 4854995)
Its easy to see why home was pushed back and more back. They aim'ed to high with it. When it actually came down to laying the ground work which is basically like a MMO, they knew they got themselves in to deep. What they are doing is ALOT Of work.

Key phrase there is "MMO" What Xbox is doing does not require that kind of framework.

chiefs1111 07-18-2008 10:08 PM

Im looking forward to playing Soul Calibur 4....

KCChiefsMan 07-18-2008 10:12 PM

I don't know how I haven't heard about this until now, but the E3 update thing will add NETFLIX to the dashboard. I guess you pay the same monthly fee and can stream movies from netflix. That's awesome! Also up to 8 of your friends can watch with you

RustShack 07-18-2008 10:13 PM

I'm RustShack!

007 07-18-2008 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsMan (Post 4855403)
I don't know how I haven't heard about this until now, but the E3 update thing will add NETFLIX to the dashboard. I guess you pay the same monthly fee and can stream movies from netflix. That's awesome! Also up to 8 of your friends can watch with you

You are also required to keep an active Gold membership and all of your friends must be Gold AND have a Netflix membership as well.

Bump 07-18-2008 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 4855425)
You are also required to keep an active Gold membership and all of your friends must be Gold AND have a Netflix membership as well.

well ya

007 07-18-2008 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 4855437)
well ya

I don't think he knew that though.

KCChiefsMan 07-18-2008 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 4855440)
I don't think he knew that though.

no, I'm aware of that. Gold membership, I always have that and netflix would be about $15 bucks a month. But it's worth it to me.

007 07-18-2008 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsMan (Post 4855455)
no, I'm aware of that. Gold membership, I always have that and netflix would be about $15 bucks a month. But it's worth it to me.

I was planning on dropping my Gold membership too. Kind of sucks since I never game online anymore. I prefer the single player games anymore as I can never be online at the same time as anyone on here. Seems dumb to completely exclude the Silver members access to the Netflix IW when they already subscribe to Netflix. Maybe they will change that when it finally comes out.

Valiant 07-19-2008 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 4855471)
I was planning on dropping my Gold membership too. Kind of sucks since I never game online anymore. I prefer the single player games anymore as I can never be online at the same time as anyone on here. Seems dumb to completely exclude the Silver members access to the Netflix IW when they already subscribe to Netflix. Maybe they will change that when it finally comes out.

Not really, it makes since to keep it gold.. I do not have a gold membership right now either..

Gold lets you play games over their network, Silver lets you go to the marketplace. correct??

Netflix streams the movie to you, not download it like it was a market place item..

Now if you had to download the movie for a small nominal fee I would agree it should be included in the silver..

You can also buy a netflix box for a 100 dollars that does not require you to go through the xbox or their gold membership.. I think it might have better resolution also.. Have to double check on that though..

007 07-19-2008 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 4855593)
Not really, it makes since to keep it gold.. I do not have a gold membership right now either..

Gold lets you play games over their network, Silver lets you go to the marketplace. correct??

Netflix streams the movie to you, not download it like it was a market place item..

Now if you had to download the movie for a small nominal fee I would agree it should be included in the silver..

You can also buy a netflix box for a 100 dollars that does not require you to go through the xbox or their gold membership.. I think it might have better resolution also.. Have to double check on that though..

nah, the resolution still stinks if you don't have at least 3mb connection.

Dunit35 07-20-2008 03:40 PM

COD ladies? I'll be playing NCAA for a while, hit me up if your game

dyer35 gamertag

noa 07-23-2008 12:36 PM

Has anybody encountered the problem where your XBOX starts telling you that every disc is unplayable?

HC_Chief 07-23-2008 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noa (Post 4863324)
Has anybody encountered the problem where your XBOX starts telling you that every disc is unplayable?

Sounds like a bad DVD drive to me. Still have a warranty?