ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Cardinals ****Official 2014 STL Cardinals thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278302)

Jewish Rabbi 05-28-2014 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10656704)
Too bad the Cards are playing AL rules, as it will hurt your chances somewhat since dumb **** Matheny can't double switch a significantly inferior player into the lineup.

I bet he still does.

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-28-2014 08:31 PM

God, that looked good off the bat.

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-28-2014 09:33 PM

They've gotta PH Adams this inning.

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-28-2014 09:35 PM

I'm afraid that if Yadi gets on Matheny will leave Jay up, and ****head will promptly first pitch swing into a 4-6-3 DP.

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-28-2014 09:35 PM

There is no shame in striking out here, Jon.

Walks Yadi on four straight and Jay is promptly first-pitch hacking. ****, I hate him.

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-28-2014 09:39 PM

Matheny is such a ****ing dumbass. Leaves Jay, who is a DP threat, in to hit in that situation when Adams was clearly the right call. If Adams homers, you can leave him in, shift Craig to right, and move Bourjos to CF, giving you better defense in center and right. Instead, rat **** Jay gets to go up and make the first out.

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-28-2014 09:39 PM

If you're PH'ing Adams, who has leg problems, you don't do it with one out, you do it with no one out or two outs.

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-28-2014 09:44 PM

Got to see both Jon Jay and Daniel Descalso hit in a do or die 9th as the tying runs at the plate. Matheny could **** up managing a Wal-Mart.

KC_Connection 05-28-2014 09:49 PM

Yikes. I just watched that in hopes the NYY would blow it. There's got to be a better hitter than Daniel Descalso left on their bench, right?

kcpasco 05-28-2014 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10656942)
Yikes. I just watched that in hopes the NYY would blow it. There's got to be a better hitter than Daniel Descalso left on their bench, right?

Not really. Seems like Taveras is destined to play AAA his whole career.

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-28-2014 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10656942)

Here's what happened:

Craig leads off with a single
Molina walks on four pitches
Jon Jay, who bats in every ****ing 9th inning we trail in and who always first pitch swings after the previous batter walks on four straight, first pitch swings, eventually striking out. It was the best-case scenario as Jay is a double play machine.
Matheny then PH's for Bourjos with one out, despite the fact that Bourjos is an infinitely superior defender to Jay, our fastest player, and isn't a DP threat at all, to have Adams PH. If Adams puts the ball on the ground in that position the game is over because he's got a bad leg. Adams eventually K's, which puts the game in the hands of Descalso, who should now be a negative WAR player after 1200 ABs yet still can not be pried loose from this roster.

Mike Matheny is firmly in Barry Switzer, Larry Coker territory. I can't ****ing believe he's the manager of this team.

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-28-2014 09:56 PM

At this point I would be fine with us trading Taveras if we just got rid of Jay and Descalso in the process. And bring Garcia up and get Mark Ellis the **** off this team.

kcpasco 05-28-2014 09:57 PM

If Adams is truly hurt DL his ass and bring up Taveras. It's ****ing time to bring him up and I wish I knew what Mo has against him.

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-28-2014 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 10656963)
If Adams is truly hurt DL his ass and bring up Taveras. It's ****ing time to bring him up and I wish I knew what Mo has against him.

It's just the Super Two at this point. Honestly, it would be ****ing moronic to bring him up before the deadline at this point, as you would be paying millions of dollars for a fraction of a fraction of a win.

kcpasco 05-28-2014 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10656969)
It's just the Super Two at this point. Honestly, it would be ****ing moronic to bring him up before the deadline at this point, as you would be paying millions of dollars for a fraction of a fraction of a win.

Ya I guess that makes sense and it is a long season. But it so damn frustrating watching guys like Robinson DD and Ellis come off the bench when you have the top hitting prospect in baseball sitting in AAA.