ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink What's for dinner? Here's mine... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269869)

R8RFAN 06-28-2014 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 10721026)
Well after reading the hype, I wondered how they would taste with the best rated meat in town. I was going for a grand slam steak. It's all good man, I'll just stick with 3 hours of salting. I still love you and your light tent.

My buddy does not like the 24 hour salt method either... I personally love it

Fire Me Boy! 06-28-2014 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 10721026)
Well after reading the hype, I wondered how they would taste with the best rated meat in town. I was going for a grand slam steak. It's all good man, I'll just stick with 3 hours of salting. I still love you and your light tent.

Maybe this is more your speed for "grand slam."

http://blogs.westword.com/cafesociet...and%20slam.jpg

I'm kidding. Don't get pissy.

Fire Me Boy! 06-28-2014 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3rd&48ers (Post 10721029)
My buddy does not like the 24 hour salt method either... I personally love it

Me, too.

What doesn't he like about it? Does he complain about it being overly salty or dry? Just curious.

In58men 06-28-2014 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fried Meat Ball! (Post 10721031)
Maybe this is more your speed for "grand slam."

http://blogs.westword.com/cafesociet...and%20slam.jpg

I'm kidding. Don't get pissy.

Bacon looks dry

R8RFAN 06-28-2014 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fried Meat Ball! (Post 10721033)
Me, too.

What doesn't he like about it? Does he complain about it being overly salty or dry? Just curious.

Too salty, but this dude is about as big as Pee Wee Herman and doesn't eat anything green... Real picky eater

Fire Me Boy! 06-28-2014 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3rd&48ers (Post 10721036)
Too salty, but this dude is about as big as Pee Wee Herman and doesn't eat anything green... Real picky eater

I've had to ease back on salt, myself. I've had to cut a lot of it out of my food, and as I've been doing that for about the past three months, I find I'm much more sensitive to salt now.

I've also discovered you can replace a LOT of the reason for salt with acid (lemon juice, vinegar, etc.).

Ever put fresh squeezed lemon juice on a steak? It's outstanding.

R8RFAN 06-28-2014 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fried Meat Ball! (Post 10721045)
I've had to ease back on salt, myself. I've had to cut a lot of it out of my food, and as I've been doing that for about the past three months, I find I'm much more sensitive to salt now.

I've also discovered you can replace a LOT of the reason for salt with acid (lemon juice, vinegar, etc.).

May try it, I need to trim back on the salt too

In58men 06-28-2014 04:19 PM

Quote:

Now you're just ****ing with me. I'll text the wife to pick up some ****ing lemons now.

Fire Me Boy! 06-28-2014 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 10721047)
Now you're just ****ing with me. I'll text the wife to pick up some ****ing lemons now.

It's a traditional Italian prep. I tried it for the first time on that grilled cardboard.

http://bbq.about.com/od/regionalande...a/aa072499.htm

Quote:

What the Italians do different is they season the steak with lemon. The acid of the lemon juice tenderizes the surface and helps the steak grill a little quicker. The main flavor of this steak is the steak.

So you see the secret of the Italian steak is that you treat each cut differently. This is how you really should be treating all your steaks. If you have a great cut, leave it alone. A little salt and pepper, maybe a hint of lemon and you're set. If the steak isn't a flavorful cut, serve it with a great sauce. If the steak isn't tender use the marinade, that's what it's there for.

Fire Me Boy! 06-28-2014 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3rd&48ers (Post 10721046)
May try it, I need to trim back on the salt too

Cutting back the salt isn't very easy, but in time your palate does get used to it and you learn to modify your cooking to emphasize other flavors. At first, I really felt like everything was bland, but now I've been doing it awhile I don't miss it.

BucEyedPea 06-28-2014 04:26 PM

Quote:

Greeks do that on broiled Kasseri cheese. It's awesome. Great appetizer. I serve it when I do my Easter dinner Greek-style with other appetizers.

I swear they'd put lemon on everything.

Fire Me Boy! 06-28-2014 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 10721059)
Greeks do that on broiled Kasseri cheese. It's awesome. Great appetizer. I serve it when I do my Easter dinner Greek-style with other appetizers.

I'm starting to get that way. I love it on a lot of foods.

R8RFAN 06-28-2014 04:27 PM

Quote:

Greek style on Easter? Tsk Tsk

Baby Lee 06-28-2014 04:34 PM

Quote:

Easter Easter or Greek Easter?

BucEyedPea 06-28-2014 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3rd&48ers (Post 10721062)
Greek style on Easter? Tsk Tsk

What's wrong with that?