ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The Official NEW (new)^4 conference realignment & shit talk thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=289397)

|Zach| 01-21-2015 12:58 AM

It is pretty eye opening how sports fans across schools, conferences, and everything else have all come to the same place that college basketball is really shitty right now. Even its biggest fans are just throwing up their hands these days. Incredible.

Meanwhile the popularity of a lot of other sports surges.

RustShack 01-21-2015 01:12 AM

Pretty much every Big12 game this year is a good game worth watching.

|Zach| 01-21-2015 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 11283567)
Pretty much every Big12 game this year is a good game worth watching.

Pretty incredible take.

Shpildnt surprise me too much I pretty much disagree with everything I have ever read of yours on this board. Most my friends who are really into college basketball are pretty disappointed in now things are shaking out. A few Missouri fans...mostly Kansas fans...some random Big 12 fans and another set of fans from all over. They are right. The officiating is garbage and the monotamous is making the country change the channel. Iowa St. certainly has a good thing going which is cool I find the, to be like able. Doesn't reallt change the widespread view of the shell of a sport that is CBB

Prison Bitch 01-21-2015 07:50 AM

This is absolutely hilarious - the ass pain Mizzouchebags exhibit is epic to watch. "Wahhhh, the sport sucks, wahhhhh!" True Son has brought a boring style and lotsa losses to CoMo. It must bore you.

Bambi 01-21-2015 07:59 AM

I couldn't remember getting more excited for something in a long time than I was for the college football playoffs.

And then the games happened. lol, whoops... What was I thinking?

Bambi 01-21-2015 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 11283657)
This is absolutely hilarious - the ass pain Mizzouchebags exhibit is epic to watch. "Wahhhh, the sport sucks, wahhhhh!" True Son has brought a boring style and lotsa losses to CoMo. It must bore you.

Ironic isn't it that I get a majority of my college basketball updates from not only this board but this thread in particular.

Odd for a group that hates the sport so much.

Saul Good 01-21-2015 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 11283672)
Ironic isn't it that I get a majority of my college basketball updates from not only this board but this thread in particular.

Odd for a group that hates the sport so much.

You sure as hell aren't getting them from the college basketball thread. That thing is deader than disco.

Bambi 01-21-2015 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 11283753)
You sure as hell aren't getting them from the college basketball thread. That thing is deader than disco.

Which one? There are so many it's easy to lose count.

265 posts in one thread about a regular season game on a Monday? Shit...

Saul Good 01-21-2015 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 11283763)
Which one? There are so many it's easy to lose count.

265 posts in one thread about a regular season game on a Monday? Shit...

Kansas fans will watch Kansas basketball. That much is a given. Nobody else cares.

Two teams at the top of the Big 12 just played, and the basketball thread didn't even get bumped. There is one post in the KSU thread about it today. Every post about it during the game amounted to "this is a bad product".

Yesterday morning on 810, they spent my entire commute discussing what could be done to make college basketball watchable. Jay freaking Bilas...Mr. College Basketball himself...has been extremely vocal about how poor the product has become.

Bambi 01-21-2015 09:14 AM

93% of the SEC is currently unranked in CBB. That is historically bad. What is going on down there?

Saul Good 01-21-2015 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 11283787)
93% of the SEC is currently unranked in CBB. That is historically bad. What is going on down there?

...and yet Vegas seems to think the trophy will end up being hoisted by an SEC team.

The Big 12 has won exactly one championship in its 20 year existence. You want to talk historically bad? Now THAT is historically bad.

Prison Bitch 01-21-2015 09:38 AM

It's so pathetic. "We suck, so the sport must suck too!" I expect that kind of thinkin from my 5 year old, not grown men. Gmafb

Bambi 01-21-2015 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 11283788)
...and yet Vegas seems to think the trophy will end up being hoisted by an SEC team.

The Big 12 has won exactly one championship in its 20 year existence. You want to talk historically bad? Now THAT is historically bad.

That's true. Sucks for Big 12 fans.

Well, I mean... sucks for Big 12 fans of all but one of the teams.

Saul Good 01-21-2015 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 11283810)
It's so pathetic. "We suck, so the sport must suck too!" I expect that kind of thinkin from my 5 year old, not grown men. Gmafb

Yeah. Jay Bilas thinks the sport sucks right now because Duke sucks. Good call.

Saul Good 01-21-2015 10:25 AM

Just checked the numbers... Prior to this season, average attendance at D-1 college basketball games had decreased for 7 straight seasons. Average attendance has dropped every decade that the NCAA has kept records. It's down over 11% in the past 30 years. This season, it appears that average attendance will dip below 5,000 fans per game for the first time ever.

College football attendance has been increasing. The NCAA doesn't list the numbers as far back for football, but the 2013 season (latest season listed on their site) averaged 45,671 per game...up 231 per game from the previous season and up 224 from a decade prior.