ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Bungie Destiny (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270050)

CanadianChief 03-05-2015 10:01 PM

Why do some of the Inferno matches end almost 3 minutes early when there is only a 1000 point difference in scores? That's BS.

007 03-05-2015 10:52 PM

Just saw that they pushed the second expansion to May. That sucks.

007 03-06-2015 12:28 AM

Had a exotic bounty drop before I shut down for the night. How do I get more of these? I don't even know what prompted it.

keg in kc 03-06-2015 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianChief (Post 11363490)
Why do some of the Inferno matches end almost 3 minutes early when there is only a 1000 point difference in scores? That's BS.

I think every one I was in ended at 15k.

007 03-06-2015 04:01 AM

Crap, just found out everything that is involved in this exotic bounty. Part of it is 500 points in crucible and death slows your progress. Oh well.

Too bad you can't gift these things.

keg in kc 03-06-2015 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 11363613)
Had a exotic bounty drop before I shut down for the night. How do I get more of these? I don't even know what prompted it.

There's a random chance for one every time you turn in a bounty. So do lots of bounties.

Some of them are very involved. You can see a list here: http://destiny.wikia.com/wiki/Catego...eapon_Bounties

I would say the easiest is A Voice in the Wilderness, which rewards Super Good Advice. Not much of a weapon but it's the quickest way to get your feet wet with exotic bounties.

keg in kc 03-06-2015 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 11363647)
Crap, just found out everything that is involved in this exotic bounty. Part of it is 500 points in crucible and death slows your progress. Oh well.

Too bad you can't gift these things.

There's another that involves doing 25 strikes and then doing crucible. And another that involves doing 5 strikes without you dying and then doing crucible.

I ended up doing those two plus yours at the same time. Only reason I ever started doing crucible

007 03-06-2015 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11363649)
There's another that involves doing 25 strikes and then doing crucible. And another that involves doing 5 strikes without you dying and then doing crucible.

I ended up doing those two plus yours at the same time. Only reason I ever started doing crucible

I'll just have to let my 13 yo run my crucible matches. He should be able to rack that up quickly. :thumb:

Gave me a choice of 3 but I had no idea what the payout was and needed to make a selection. I don't use hand cannons so this bounty may be pointless for me anyway.

CanadianChief 03-06-2015 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 11363650)
I'll just have to let my 13 yo run my crucible matches. He should be able to rack that up quickly. :thumb:

Gave me a choice of 3 but I had no idea what the payout was and needed to make a selection. I don't use hand cannons so this bounty may be pointless for me anyway.

You chose wisely!!!! Thorn is a great weapon. Awesome in PvP too!!!

007 03-06-2015 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianChief (Post 11363676)
You chose wisely!!!! Thorn is a great weapon. Awesome in PvP too!!!

well, like I said, I'll have my son take care of the crucible part so I can see if I'll like it.

jiveturkey 03-06-2015 08:02 AM

Guru - if you don't use hand cannons what's your usual primary weapon?

For both PvP and PvE I prefer hand cannons but will also run scout riffles. I'm still not a fan of pulse riffles and the autos are the bottom of the barrel now IMO.

007 03-07-2015 01:31 AM

Just curious, what characters are you occupying your three slots with?

I have Hunter, Hunter, Titan. Haven't tried Warlock because my Titan isn't leveled up to 30 yet. I did two hunters just so I only had to get to level 20 to have two 31s.

Not a fan of the Titan really but seems like I should have all three. I don't know. Whats your take?

007 03-07-2015 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 11363713)
Guru - if you don't use hand cannons what's your usual primary weapon?

For both PvP and PvE I prefer hand cannons but will also run scout riffles. I'm still not a fan of pulse riffles and the autos are the bottom of the barrel now IMO.

I'm an autorifle and sniper guy. I'm warming up to the pulse rifles though.

jiveturkey 03-07-2015 08:34 AM

I run 3 Titans.

Gonzo 03-07-2015 11:26 AM

Ok... So I told myself I would wait one year before ever considering purchasing this game.
There was so much bad press, horrid reviews and negative attention given to the game that I figured Bungie would make drastic improvements.
Questions:
1. Still nothing but constant grinding?
2. Any improvement to the storyline?
3. Can players trade goods yet?
4. Are rewards worthwhile now or is it just random crap?
5. DLC - Does any of it actually help gameplay or is it basically 'pay to win' type shit? In over words, is there an actual campaign with good storytelling?
6. If they released the game in its current state as opposed to the way it was a year ago, how much better would it have been ranked? Most game sites, (not paid by Bungie *cough IGN cough*) gave it an average score of 5.5 out of 10.

Thanks guys.