ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Must Watch Series (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=258883)

Chiefnj2 01-07-2022 11:10 AM

I'm 3/4s of the way thru season two of Gomorra. Watching with subtitles. I don't think an episode goes by without multiple deaths of characters you know. The only thing that surprises me is that the characters don't walk around with body armor since someone apparently gets shot every 27 minutes. Much, much darker than the Sopranos and Breaking Bad, and without the comedic breaks. No Pauly Walnuts trying to get Christopher to pick up the tab.

KCUnited 01-07-2022 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 16057086)
I'm 3/4s of the way thru season two of Gomorra. Watching with subtitles. I don't think an episode goes by without multiple deaths of characters you know. The only thing that surprises me is that the characters don't walk around with body armor since someone apparently gets shot every 27 minutes. Much, much darker than the Sopranos and Breaking Bad, and without the comedic breaks. No Pauly Walnuts trying to get Christopher to pick up the tab.

I actually just finished season 1 of Gomorrah while finishing season 5 and 6 of the Sopranos (my first time through the show) and it strikes a nice balance for me. I watch one episode of Gomorrah and 2 episodes of the Sopranos.

The contrast between ultra violence on mopeds and Cadillacs and titty bars is doubly entertaining.

Buehler445 01-07-2022 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 16057103)
I actually just finished season 1 of Gomorrah while finishing season 5 and 6 of the Sopranos (my first time through the show) and it strikes a nice balance for me. I watch one episode of Gomorrah and 2 episodes of the Sopranos.

The contrast between ultra violence on mopeds and Cadillacs and titty bars is doubly entertaining.

First time through Sopranos huh?

It was a couple years ago when I went through it. It was really good IMO. Obviously some of the stuff is dated but there were some really good performances IMO. Much like the wire - dated but excellent

rocknrolla 01-07-2022 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 16057051)
throughout though; I didn't know if that was Juliette Lewis or the Crypt Keeper.

Every time I see her, thats what I have said to myself.

KCUnited 01-07-2022 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 16057187)
First time through Sopranos huh?

It was a couple years ago when I went through it. It was really good IMO. Obviously some of the stuff is dated but there were some really good performances IMO. Much like the wire - dated but excellent

When it was on, I was seeing a chick who's family was really into the show and she preferred medigans if you know what I'm saying. So I wasn't really welcome over to watch and she hated it.

I only have a few episodes left and its easily one of my all time favorite shows. I could see myself going through it again at some point.

Buehler445 01-07-2022 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 16057202)
When it was on, I was seeing a chick who's family was really into the show and she preferred medigans if you know what I'm saying. So I wasn't really welcome over to watch and she hated it.

I only have a few episodes left and its easily one of my all time favorite shows. I could see myself going through it again at some point.

Yeah. I was a poor high school/college student when it was on.

I’m contemplating doing it again before I dump HBO again

Simply Red 01-07-2022 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknrolla (Post 16057201)
Every time I see her, thats what I have said to myself.

Beautiful minds.

BigBeauford 01-08-2022 12:26 PM

For fans of Top Gear, stop what you are doing and watch Clarkson's Farm on Amazon prime. Hilarious.

Baby Lee 01-08-2022 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 16058331)
For fans of Top Gear, stop what you are doing and watch Clarkson's Farm on Amazon prime. Hilarious.

Earlier convo

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 15709011)
If you want something that is bucolic and amiable, while also being interesting;

<iframe width="1110" height="624" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pW-iVG0_D34" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Obviously, it has the Clarkson 'stamp.' He mucks about and fuddy-duddies. Some of it is played up for camera and some of it is hand-waved for time and editing, but it's a great little primer look into the complexities of operating a modern farm.

And much of it a GORGEOUS. He has some beautiful pastures and the cinematographers are good at catching little slices of beauty and wildlife and weather to intersperse the narrative.

On Amazon Prime.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 15737104)
I watched an episode. I may throw it on in the winter when I have office work to do. I’m definitely not the target market for this.

****ing pretentious brits and their ****ing tram lines. ROFL

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 15737124)
It's turned out really popular. Thought I saw it was the most-watched property in Amazon Prime 'history,' though I haven't confirmed.

I think whether it's 'target market' depends on what you're looking for. It's certainly not a serious treatise on farming, but it's a pitch-perfect use of Clarkson's talent. And for such a cantankerous guy, it's quite wholesome and comforting.

Also, coincidentally, I recall 3 separate Farm news bits coming across my feed this week

1 - season 2 is moving along swimmingly
2 - Clarkson has taken a sabbatical from operations until March
3 - Township turned down zoning for a restaurant.

Related - Hammond has opened a car restoration operation in the vein of Leno, and there's a series on the activities there, but I haven't checked it out yet, just the youtube/drivetribe clips on the opening of the facility.

<iframe width="820" height="461" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UdmZJx9Gd5Q" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TwistedChief 01-08-2022 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 16057231)
Yeah. I was a poor high school/college student when it was on.

I’m contemplating doing it again before I dump HBO again

I watched The Soporanos in its entirety for the first time in 2010 and really enjoyed it.

But if I'm gonna watch an HBO gangster show again, I think it's Boardwalk Empire I'd be focused on.

Coochie liquor 01-09-2022 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 16061299)
I watched The Soporanos in its entirety for the first time in 2010 and really enjoyed it.

But if I'm gonna watch an HBO gangster show again, I think it's Boardwalk Empire I'd be focused on.

I’m about to start ZeroZeroZero on Prime. Looks to be a good one.

Baby Lee 01-09-2022 09:05 PM

S2 Trailer

<iframe width="800" height="448" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0RF0l9J77pw" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pepe Silvia 01-09-2022 09:19 PM

Steve the Pirate has come a long way.

Buehler445 01-09-2022 10:51 PM

I watched Flight Attendant. I wasn't expecting anything, but I like to look at Kaley Cuoco.

It's pretty silly, but it is a really nice lightweight interesting watch. They really do a nice job.

And Kaley Cuoco is hot.

KCUnited 01-10-2022 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 16061779)
I’m about to start ZeroZeroZero on Prime. Looks to be a good one.

Watched the first 2 episodes last night. Definitely has that Gomorrah ultra violence vibe. Catchy storyline right off the bat as well.