ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals *** Official 2017 Royals Offseason Repository (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=303381)

KChiefs1 01-20-2017 11:14 PM

Eibner DFA'd.

http://www.athleticsnation.com/2017/...ntiago-casilla

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure-Oz 01-20-2017 11:34 PM

Bring him back. Why not

tk13 01-20-2017 11:49 PM

Dayton has done pretty well with trades. That's my biggest hope for this Soler deal. Obviously the Eibner trade was so much smaller... but the initial reaction to most of Dayton's trades seems to be "Why would he do this?" Not that Burns is great, but he at least can provide some legit speed off the bench.

Actually, I finally scrolled down and read the comments and there were several A's fans there commenting how they hated the Burns for Eibner trade. Wouldn't have expected that.

cosmo20002 01-21-2017 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 12700000)
Eibner DFA'd.

http://www.athleticsnation.com/2017/...ntiago-casilla

One minute, you're a hot prospect getting a call-up for the WS Champions.
The next, you're getting DFA'd by the lousy A's. Crazy life.

Archie F. Swin 01-22-2017 07:01 PM

What do the Royals do to shore up their rotation with the loss of Yo?

duncan_idaho 01-22-2017 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archie F. Swin (Post 12703590)

It puts them in a tough spot. This late in the offseason, there's very little SP of quality left. I don't think they have the pieces to trade for a decent SP.

It definitely is a major blow to the rotation and the depth. Karns just became much more important. Strahm may have to start the season in the rotation.

It does free up 3.5 million in salary, maybe that gives KC a little more to spend on some relief help, lessening the blow of losing Strahm.

Bowser 01-22-2017 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archie F. Swin (Post 12703590)

Well, the first thought is that they would try and prepare Strahm for rotation duty. I think Zimmer is a lost cause at this point.

ChiefsCountry 01-22-2017 07:12 PM

Hammel or Brett Anderson could be possibilities.

CaliforniaChief 01-22-2017 07:44 PM

Yeah, on top of the human tragedy. It's just a gut punch to the whole organization, the whole movement that brought us a championship and almost another one.

It's going to be very hard to overcome this roster-wise. And more.

Such a sad day.

duncan_idaho 01-23-2017 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 12703628)

That's a good point.

I'm CERTAIN: This will be a rallying point for the team this year. They will dedicate this season to him, and I think it will help them through the grind.

I can kind of see: Glass green lighting a little more 2017 spending than he originally planned, to fill Ventura's innings and rotation slot.

Hammel and Anderson both have some injury concerns, but there's not much else left.

siberian khatru 01-23-2017 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 12704543)
That's a good point.

I'm CERTAIN: This will be a rallying point for the team this year. They will dedicate this season to him, and I think it will help them through the grind.

I can kind of see: Glass green lighting a little more 2017 spending than he originally planned, to fill Ventura's innings and rotation slot.

Hammel and Anderson both have some injury concerns, but there's not much else left.

Or he could say, "Hey, I just saved $3 million this year!"

KChiefs1 01-23-2017 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 12703628)

Which one do you want?

ChiTown 01-23-2017 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 12704715)
Which one do you want?

Give me Hammel on a 1 year deal - there has been absolutely no one interested in this Dude. At this point, what do we have to lose?

DJ's left nut 01-23-2017 11:10 AM

My biggest worry with Hammel wouldn't even be injury; he's been fairly durable over the last few years.

It would be the AL. Some guys just aren't built for the AL, they need that 're-set' at the back of the order. They need a chance to take a breath, get an easy out, and regroup for the top of the order.

Hammel looks to be one of those guys. You're probably looking at a guy that will struggle to keep his ERA in the 4.5 range, though Kaufmann might help him a bit there.

It's a risk reward thing. Anderson's a far FAR riskier proposition (in fact, I'd say you're all but hitting on 20 with him), but a healthy Brett Anderson can be a solid #3 starter on a contender. Hammel, OTOH, is more likely to give you 180 innings but almost certainly going to do so from the 4 or 5 spot in your rotation.

Why not grab Nate Eovaldi and see if Eiland can get some movement on that fastball? Colby Lewis has shown he can pitch well in tough hitting environments and in the AL; he's a happy medium between the high injury risk of Anderson and the proven production of Hammel.

Doug Fister can't throw a ball past anyone but the Royals, even without Dyson, will likely still have a solid defensive team. Then again, his ceiling might be Hammel's floor.

I'd say Lewis - Eovaldi - Hammel - Anderson in that order, with some combination of guys like Fister, CJ Wilson, Henderson Alvarez and Ross Detwieler as emergency options (especially if you can get one on a NRI with the belief that they could re-establish their value).

ChiefsCountry 01-23-2017 11:24 AM

I will say this about Anderson, Moore has a hard on for him in the past. He was in talks with the A's for a Wil Myers swap and before he signed with the Dodgers.