ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2012 Kansas Football Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=253033)

Reerun_KC 12-22-2011 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 8227949)
Troof.

I think even in a playoff system, those lesser bowls can still exist. Make an 8 team playoff or something and everyone else bowl eligible can still go to the crappy bowls.

This...

100%...

Hell keep the big bowls for the teams not the playoff and put the playoffs in NFL stadiums.
Dallas, Houston, etc...

DJ's left nut 12-22-2011 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 8227861)
Bowl season sucks, but these lower bowls make up for the atrocity that is the BCS Championship game...

In fairness, Bowl season is actually pretty awesome.

If you didn't have the Poinsetta Bowl, you'd be watching poker or golf on ESPN.

Bowl season isn't as good as it could be, but it's still pretty damn cool.

Buehler445 12-22-2011 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8227989)

It's just a football game with teams that I don't care much about. Accordingly, it is pretty cool. But it is fun to dream about what it could be.

Reerun_KC 12-22-2011 09:38 AM

Quote:

dont mind me, I am just a bitter KU fan... I would love the bowls if KU was in...

I do watch 80% of all bowl games and when out in the shop I have it on. So its better than poker...

Messier 12-22-2011 09:59 AM

Quote:

They just leave kind of an empty feeling. After KU won the orange bowl, I felt good, but that was it, there was no advancing, no chance of anything more. Sometimes I even have a so what feeling about the NC. It doesn't help that it's held almost a month and a half after the season ends.

Saul Good 12-22-2011 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 8227982)
This...

100%...

Hell keep the big bowls for the teams not the playoff and put the playoffs in NFL stadiums.
Dallas, Houston, etc...

That would be a disaster. You think college kids can afford to travel to 3 different cities in 3 weeks? You would have 80,000 empty seats in Dallas.

Reerun_KC 12-22-2011 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8228036)
That would be a disaster. You think college kids can afford to travel to 3 different cities in 3 weeks? You would have 80,000 empty seats in Dallas.

HOLY Shit...

:eek:

Shut up.. Please just shut up...

Saul Good 12-22-2011 10:31 AM

If you're going to have an 8 team playoff, the first round (probably the first 2 rounds) would have to be played as a home game for the higher seed.

BCS games that aren't the NC are not that well attended to begin with. I went to the Sugar Bowl for Tebow's last game, and there were 20,000 empty seats. If the Gators would have been able to advance, half of their fans or more wouldn't have come to that game. They would have waited for the second round.

Look at basketball. The Final 4 is the only event with people in the stands, and most venues bring in fans from up to 8 teams for multiple rounds. What do you think would happen if there was only one game played at each site? You would literally have 3,000 people per game.

Reerun_KC 12-22-2011 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8228075)
If you're going to have an 8 team playoff, the first round (probably the first 2 rounds) would have to be played as a home game for the higher seed.

BCS games that aren't the NC are not that well attended to begin with. I went to the Sugar Bowl for Tebow's last game, and there were 20,000 empty seats. If the Gators would have been able to advance, half of their fans or more wouldn't have come to that game. They would have waited for the second round.

Look at basketball. The Final 4 is the only event with people in the stands, and most venues bring in fans from up to 8 teams for multiple rounds. What do you think would happen if there was only one game played at each site? You would literally have 3,000 people per game.

And you are getting your numbers from where?

You are telling me that a first round game between KSU and LSU in Baton Rouge wouldnt sell out?

Saul Good 12-22-2011 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 8228084)
And you are getting your numbers from where?

You are telling me that a first round game between KSU and LSU in Baton Rouge wouldnt sell out?

No. I'm telling you the opposite. If you play that game in Baton Rouge, it sells out. If Alabama plays Okie State in Pasadena with the winner playing in Miami, and then the winner of that game plays in Tempe, you're going to have a disasterous amount of empties.

RockChalk 12-22-2011 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8227732)
Sounds like "Chryst" is headed to Pitt.

This should clear the way for "Crist" to move to Kansas.

Merry "Cristmas"?

Just announced on 810

Crist to KU

Fansy the Famous Bard 12-22-2011 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 8228172)
Just announced on 810

Crist to KU

Dayne Crist @ dcrist10 1m
After a long & difficult decision making process, I'm incredibly excited to join the Kansas football team. Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

Reerun_KC 12-22-2011 11:18 AM

This is good right?

RockChalk 12-22-2011 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 8228187)
This is good right?

Well, I mean he's no Jordan Webb. But at least he'll have some competition

/sarcasm (extreme)

Fansy the Famous Bard 12-22-2011 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 8228187)
This is good right?

This means next year we're possibly looking at a matured and competent QB leading the team.

Let's hope we can get some help for the kid in the coming months.