ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2012 Kansas Football Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=253033)

Fansy the Famous Bard 12-19-2011 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 8219986)
I'm not the one putting words in people's mouths....

I said "It's worked out well for Old Ballz at K-State."

You replied with "Prince was the one who signed 23 JuCo and transfers....that worked well."

Any person with a shred of sanity would take that as you implying that my statement is incorrect, as if Old Ballz does not sign transfers and JUCO players.

I asked the question, "You're gonna say that Bill Snyder doesn't actively recruit JUCO's and transfers?" I did not put any words in anyones mouth. I asked you if that's what you are implying.

Doesn't seem to me I'm putting words into anyone's mouth, or have reading comprehension. Don't get mad cause you're a bumbling idiot and can't hold a conversation.

Saul Good 12-19-2011 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 8220017)

You replied with "Prince was the one who signed 23 JuCo and transfers....that worked well."

Any person with a shred of sanity would take that as you implying that my statement is incorrect, as if Old Ballz does not sign transfers and JUCO players.

I asked the question, "You're gonna say that Bill Snyder doesn't actively recruit JUCO's and transfers?" I did not put any words in anyones mouth. I asked you if that's what you are implying.

Doesn't seem to me I'm putting words into anyone's mouth, or have reading comprehension. Don't get mad cause you're a bumbling idiot and can't hold a conversation.

You're morphing this from a discussion about transfers to one about JUCO players.

Fansy the Famous Bard 12-19-2011 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8220039)
You're morphing this from a discussion about transfers to one about JUCO players.

Who is? Not me. Snyder has multiple transfers at K-State that have come in and done well for him recently.

Bambi 12-19-2011 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 8220017)

You are correct. When a person posts "was the one" he is implying that the person he's making a statement about was in fact the person committing the act in question. The aforementioned entity, in this case Snyder, is the absolved from the acts being specified by the poster.

Saul Good 12-19-2011 04:22 PM

Besides the Brown brothers, who has transferred? Snyder made his bones going JUCO back in the day. Transfers can be a good thing. I just don't see the point of a QB transfer with only 1 year of eligibility unless the team is a QB away from being special.

Fansy the Famous Bard 12-19-2011 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8220081)
Besides the Brown brothers, who has transferred? Snyder made his bones going JUCO back in the day. Transfers can be a good thing. I just don't see the point of a QB transfer with only 1 year of eligibility unless the team is a QB away from being special.

Brown, Brown, Harper, Doerr, Krause, Miles, Puetz, and Smith. Those are the transfers, not Juco players... Transfers that are on the team, currently. I have no problem with people acquiring transfers for whatever reason. Snyder has done a fabulous job of it (to go with the JUCO players). If Weis is half as successful as Snyder in these areas, then we'll be a better program from it.

Bambi 12-19-2011 04:33 PM

Speaking of transfers, sounds like the Akron guys are looking to bring the nation's 12th leading tackler along with them.

Brian Wagner visited last weekend.

Another graduated player who can play immediately.

Fansy the Famous Bard 12-19-2011 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8220120)
Speaking of transfers, sounds like the Akron guys are looking to bring the nation's 12th leading tackler along with them.

Brian Wagner visited last weekend.

Another graduated player who can play immediately.

12th overall by cumulative stats.. he was actually the #2 as far as tackles per game with 13.36 tackles per game (played less than many others). That being said, I wouldn't get too excited considering Akron was such a bad football team, he may have been forced to tackle a LOT... and the majority of his tackles were assisted, not solo. He can obviously play some, but I would temper expectations were he to come to Lawrence. :D

Bambi 12-19-2011 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 8220130)
12th overall by cumulative stats.. he was actually the #2 as far as tackles per game with 13.36 tackles per game (played less than many others). That being said, I wouldn't get too excited considering Akron was such a bad football team, he may have been forced to tackle a LOT... and the majority of his tackles were assisted, not solo. He can obviously play some, but I would temper expectations were he to come to Lawrence. :D

Cool

Mr. Plow 12-21-2011 10:23 PM

Anyone watching the "San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl"?

chiefqueen 12-21-2011 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8227443)

NO

Bambi 12-22-2011 02:28 AM

Sounds like "Chryst" is headed to Pitt.

This should clear the way for "Crist" to move to Kansas.

Merry "Cristmas"?

teedubya 12-22-2011 04:03 AM

Quote:

No one can convince me that the bowl system is better than playoffs. But it$ all about ca$h.

Reerun_KC 12-22-2011 08:03 AM

Quote:

Bowl season sucks, but these lower bowls make up for the atrocity that is the BCS Championship game...

Buehler445 12-22-2011 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 8227861)
Bowl season sucks, but these lower bowls make up for the atrocity that is the BCS Championship game...

Troof.

I think even in a playoff system, those lesser bowls can still exist. Make an 8 team playoff or something and everyone else bowl eligible can still go to the crappy bowls.