ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Walking Dead ***With Comic Spoilers*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=230850)

CHENZ A! 02-14-2012 09:33 PM

Whenever anyone else was alive and got bitten, they were still coherent for awhile. They didn't just go into shock like that broad did.

chasedude 02-14-2012 10:46 PM

I'm really sick of Hershel. That old man needs to adapt or he'll be soon be walker sushi.

Rick seems to be adapting in an anarchist society well, especially taking on the two drifters in the bar.

Buck 02-14-2012 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHENZ A! (Post 8374112)
Whenever anyone else was alive and got bitten, they were still coherent for awhile. They didn't just go into shock like that broad did.

Yeah, the virus straight killed them.

She fainted, she's clearly alive.

I really doubt she's infected. I think the writers are just ****ing with us.

aturnis 02-15-2012 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8374318)
Yeah, the virus straight killed them.

She fainted, she's clearly alive.

I really doubt she's infected. I think the writers are just ****ing with us.

Disagree. First of all, she is nobody. As nobody as it gets, she will die, it's only a matter of time.

Second, the first guy Rick met after waking(black guy with the boy), he said his wife got bit or something, but mainly, she got the fever, felt like she was on fire, died, and came back.

Third, on Talking Dead at the beginning of the season, they talked about how they would shed light on what happens when you come into contact with the virus by means other than a bite...

Huffmeister 02-15-2012 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8374383)
Second, the first guy Rick met after waking(black guy with the boy), he said his wife got bit or something, but mainly, she got the fever, felt like she was on fire, died, and came back.

Did they say that the girl at the farm had a fever? I thought they just said that she was in shock.

Rausch 02-15-2012 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffmeister (Post 8374702)
Did they say that the girl at the farm had a fever? I thought they just said that she was in shock.

And "really, really warm" or something like that. Implied a fever.

I wonder if she might have come down with the ZB (zombie bug) after being so face to face with her dead mom. Nasty walker hissing and biting so close to her face while she's screaming her head off...

Huffmeister 02-15-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 8374710)
And "really, really warm" or something like that. Implied a fever.

I wonder if she might have come down with the ZB (zombie bug) after being so face to face with her dead mom. Nasty walker hissing and biting so close to her face while she's screaming her head off...

Maybe we'll see some kind of varying grades of zombification. Get bit, and a large dose of the ZB turns you into a full-blown zombie. Get hissed at (or pick up a severed zombie arm) and you still turn into a zombie, but since you were exposed to a smaller dose of ZB, you are able to retain some higher brain functions making you an 'intelligent' zombie.

There was a scene form the first season that's been stuck in the back of my mind ever since it aired. When Rick (and Glen, I think) are in the lobby of the building in downtown Atlanta, the zombies were outside banging against the metal gate. At one point, one of the zombies picked up a cinder block and threw it at the gate. Kind of implies that some zombies are capable of thought at some level.

ThaVirus 02-15-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffmeister (Post 8374742)
Maybe we'll see some kind of varying grades of zombification. Get bit, and a large dose of the ZB turns you into a full-blown zombie. Get hissed at (or pick up a severed zombie arm) and you still turn into a zombie, but since you were exposed to a smaller dose of ZB, you are able to retain some higher brain functions making you an 'intelligent' zombie.

That would be a terrible, terrible idea.

Fansy the Famous Bard 02-15-2012 02:11 PM

The first drifter that Rick shot ain't dead. They made way too much of a deal regarding Rick making sure the big guy was dead. The other guys is gonna "survive" and come back after them in some capacity...

blaise 02-15-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 8375458)
The first drifter that Rick shot ain't dead. They made way too much of a deal regarding Rick making sure the big guy was dead. The other guys is gonna "survive" and come back after them in some capacity...

The bullet went right through his forehead. I think he's done.

Fansy the Famous Bard 02-15-2012 02:31 PM

Did it? damnit I didn't catch that part of it.

blaise 02-15-2012 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 8375537)

Yeah. Well, I have to admit I didn't see it at regular speed. I went back and did a frame-by-frame thing.

Buck 02-15-2012 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 8375458)

LOL.

Time to get an HDTV dude. Get out of the 90s.

frankotank 02-15-2012 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 8375537)

funny I missed it too. when I watched it again...you've got maybe one second to see that it hit his forehead. as has already been mentioned...waste of a good actor. he still shows up in True Blood and he was killed a few seasons ago.

Aries Walker 02-16-2012 10:01 PM

Rick's bonus shot in the fat guy was in the head, I'm guessing to make sure that there was no chance of him coming back as a walker. So he was thinking ahead - no pun intended.