ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ****OFFICIAL 2013 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272221)

-King- 06-28-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9781672)
17/12 for a guy coming off back surgery isn't bad. They'll need him if they want to beat the Heat.

LMAO They won't be facing the Heat in a meaningful series anytime soon, so who cares.

And despite those numbers, Howard was a disaster last year. Disrupted the already bad offense and wasn't interested in playing team ball at all.

mcaj22 06-28-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9781561)
Im a Pelicans/Bobcats fan, and to say that I was beyond thrilled with one team, while COMPLETELY floored, and disgusted by the other, would be the understatement of the year.

When the Pelicans took Noel, I was shocked, but then excited. They do after all play in the same division with Dirk, and Tim Duncan, so I understood it, but when I found out they had traded with the 76ers, I first thought they were trading for Evan Turner, and then I was going to smash shit in my house. But, TO GET JRUE HOLIDAY, who is the most underrated pg in basketball, I did the dougie.

You also gave up a first round pick next year, so the 76ers if this pans out could have two top 10 picks if the lottery falls their way in the deepest draft since 2003. All hoping the Pelicans are bad enough for a pick that nets them between 6 and whatever. Which the Pelicans surely will be, just hoping not bad enough for top 5, but they are a long way from a winning record regardless. The 6ers have a chance to load up in next years draft

Mav 06-28-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9781685)
You also gave up a first round pick next year, so the 76ers if this pans out could have two top 10 picks if the lottery falls their way in the deepest draft since 2003. All hoping the Pelicans are bad enough for a pick that nets them between 6 and whatever. Which the Pelicans surely will be, just hoping not bad enough for top 5, but they are a long way from a winning record regardless. The 6ers have a chance to load up in next years draft

Sadly, the difference from making the playoffs, and being terrible, all hinges on the knees of Eric Gordon. I keep hoping they are going to trade him to the pacers for Danny Granger. But, as is. Having Holiday, and Vazquez, means that when eric Gordon does get sandy vagina syndrome, at least we wont be completely naked because Vazquez can play the two as well.

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-28-2013 12:20 PM

The Lakers are not winning anything until Kobe Bryant leaves. His salary is murderous. You have no cap flexibility and almost nothing in the way of tradeable assets.

You're not getting Bynum. You have no cap space. Howard is not a winning player. Bryant has a torn Achilles and will be 35.

The only play for the Lakers is to take their lumps next year and hope that Kobe is ineffective enough that you have a shot for a high lottery pick, because he's not going to sit out the chance to get closer to NBA milestones.

After 2013-14 the only player on the team under contract will be Nash.

-King- 06-28-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9781716)
The Lakers are not winning anything until Kobe Bryant leaves. His salary is murderous. You have no cap flexibility and almost nothing in the way of tradeable assets.

You're not getting Bynum. You have no cap space. Howard is not a winning player. Bryant has a torn Achilles and will be 35.

The only play for the Lakers is to take their lumps next year and hope that Kobe is ineffective enough that you have a shot for a high lottery pick, because he's not going to sit out the chance to get closer to NBA milestones.

After 2013-14 the only player on the team under contract will be Nash.

And hopefully he retires too.

Titty Meat 06-28-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9781682)
LMAO They won't be facing the Heat in a meaningful series anytime soon, so who cares.

And despite those numbers, Howard was a disaster last year. Disrupted the already bad offense and wasn't interested in playing team ball at all.

The West is wide open.

-King- 06-28-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9781857)
The West is wide open.

Not to the Lakers it's not.

The Thunder, Nuggets, Spurs, Grizzlies, Rockets, and Clippers are all MUCH MUCH better than the Lakers.

chiefzilla1501 06-28-2013 04:08 PM

By the way, anybody else happy they don't half-ass the NFL draft the way they did the NFL draft?

Worst scouting reports I"ve ever seen. Everybody in the top 5 started out with "highly skilled." Thanks, genius.

-King- 06-28-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9782119)
By the way, anybody else happy they don't half-ass the NFL draft the way they did the NFL draft?

Worst scouting reports I"ve ever seen. Everybody in the top 5 started out with "highly skilled." Thanks, genius.

Yeah, the NFL is much better than the NFL draft.

chiefzilla1501 06-28-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9782167)
Yeah, the NFL is much better than the NFL draft.

Ouch. Noted.

SAUTO 06-28-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9780838)
LeBron quit on his team in the middle of a playoffs.

And yes, quitting on a team after you've finished the job is a hell of a lot different than quitting on it before it's finished. The only people who will care if LeBron left are Miami fans.

stupid post
Posted via Mobile Device

KC_Connection 06-28-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9782186)
stupid post
Posted via Mobile Device

LeBron seems to have that effect on him.

SAUTO 06-28-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9782242)
LeBron seems to have that effect on him.

It would be a huge ****ing deal if he retired today.

yeah its totally ****ing idiotic to say only heat fans would care
Posted via Mobile Device

okcchief 06-28-2013 11:14 PM

Olodipo is who I wanted to trade up and get ideally. I really feel like he's one of the few people in this draft with star potential. Id be happy.

okcchief 06-28-2013 11:20 PM

They are talking about Adams being a project. If he isnt good enough to take minutes from Perkins and Thabeet then **** me. They really need to start letting these young guys go or start making some moves for people who are ready. JFC

Presti needs to stop drafting like a team rebuilding. Its ****ing go time!

chiefzilla1501 06-28-2013 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9782245)
It would be a huge ****ing deal if he retired today.

yeah its totally ****ing idiotic to say only heat fans would care
Posted via Mobile Device

Oh, give me a break.

He's the idiot who's trying to treat Jordan like some kind of quitter because he retired in mid-stream AFTER he won several championships. Of course people were surprised and disappointed. But nobody looked down on him. Nobody would look down on LeBron if he did either.

KC_Connection 06-29-2013 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9783046)
He's the idiot who's trying to treat Jordan like some kind of quitter because he retired in mid-stream AFTER he won several championships.

I have no problem with what Jordan did. If he felt he had done everything he wanted to do in basketball, who am I to judge him? It's his life. But he did leave his team and the sport in his prime...that's obvious.

Quote:

Of course people were surprised and disappointed. But nobody looked down on him. Nobody would look down on LeBron if he did either.
Bullshit and you know it.

tk13 06-29-2013 12:40 AM

Jordan left because his father was murdered. I think this entire argument is a waste of time. You can't possibly compare his situation to anything else.

SAUTO 06-29-2013 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9783082)
Jordan left because his father was murdered. I think this entire argument is a waste of time. You can't possibly compare his situation to anything else.

That's true.

Only issue I took was when zilla said no one outside of Miami would care
Posted via Mobile Device

Tribal Warfare 06-29-2013 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9781129)
Howard is coming back to LA

I see him going to Clippers if he stays in LA though, because of all the drama with Kobe.

KC_Connection 06-29-2013 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9782987)
They are talking about Adams being a project. If he isnt good enough to take minutes from Perkins and Thabeet then **** me. They really need to start letting these young guys go or start making some moves for people who are ready. JFC

Presti needs to stop drafting like a team rebuilding. Its ****ing go time!

Don't see him being good enough to even take minutes from those guys right now, not that Brooks would even give him minutes over Perkins even if he was.

KC_Connection 06-29-2013 01:42 AM

Quote:

Most LeBron/MJ discussions are.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 06-29-2013 06:48 AM

Quote:

Nah. He was gambling on NBA games. It was handled in a way to protect the league

BlackHelicopters 06-29-2013 07:00 AM

Jordan was, and still is, a degenerate gambler.

chiefzilla1501 06-29-2013 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9783071)
I have no problem with what Jordan did. If he felt he had done everything he wanted to do in basketball, who am I to judge him? It's his life. But he did leave his team and the sport in his prime...that's obvious.

Bullshit and you know it.

If LeBron would have retired after Cleveland, yes, people would throw a shit fit. If he retired after the first championship, same deal. If he won another championship next year, people would "care" in that they'd be surprised. Of course. But nobody would call him a quitter. Few people called MJ a quitter either. A quitter is someone who couldn't get the job done and gives up.

I don't like LeBron. You know that. But I would NOT look down on him if he retired today because he at least finished what he started in Miami. Though... if there is a reason why people would look at it differently, it's because some would want to see if he can turn a bad team around vs. building his own empire.

chiefzilla1501 06-29-2013 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9783090)
That's true.

Only issue I took was when zilla said no one outside of Miami would care
Posted via Mobile Device

You're taking my comment way too literally.

-King- 06-29-2013 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was Offsides (Post 9783190)
Nah. He was gambling on NBA games. It was handled in a way to protect the league

What? Where'd you hear that BS from?
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501 06-29-2013 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9783211)
What? Where'd you hear that BS from?
Posted via Mobile Device

It's a conspiracy theory. But it's not a bad one.

In "Jordan Rides the Bus" on 30-for-30, he claims he retired to try out baseball in honor of his Dad. But it's a pretty big coincidence that accusations of his gambling habit happened right before he left the game.

DaKCMan AP 06-29-2013 08:15 AM

Ira Winderman ‏@IraHeatBeat 16h
Continuing Heat's pattern of sacrifice, Ray Allen bypasses opt out, will stay with Heat for less than he could have. http://bit.ly/19IDVd4

Ray Allen agent Jim Tanner confirms to Sun Sentinel that Allen has opted in for next season, the last year on his deal, calls for $3.2M.

:rockon:

Hammock Parties 06-29-2013 01:57 PM

Mavs trying to get Rondo!

The Bad Guy 06-29-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9783091)
I see him going to Clippers if he stays in LA though, because of all the drama with Kobe.

What drama with Kobe? Because Kobe won't kiss his ass?

****ing please.

Dwight Howard isn't going to the Clippers unless the Clippers can brainwash the Lakers into taking contracts and punting their idea of a wide open 2014.

Titty Meat 06-30-2013 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9783748)
What drama with Kobe? Because Kobe won't kiss his ass?

****ing please.

Dwight Howard isn't going to the Clippers unless the Clippers can brainwash the Lakers into taking contracts and punting their idea of a wide open 2014.

I'd take Griffin for him.

Titty Meat 06-30-2013 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9783243)
Continuing Heat's pattern of sacrifice, Ray Allen bypasses opt out, will stay with Heat for less than he could have. http://bit.ly/19IDVd4

Ray Allen agent Jim Tanner confirms to Sun Sentinel that Allen has opted in for next season, the last year on his deal, calls for $3.2M.

:rockon:

Dakc you like this move? I see Allen hitting the wall.

DaKCMan AP 06-30-2013 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9784438)
Dakc you like this move? I see Allen hitting the wall.

Love this move. Without Allen there's no game 7. He's the most prepared player on the team and one of the best conditioned guys in the league. The guy's work ethic is insane. Yeah, he's old. Yeah, he constantly gets beat off the dribble. But he can shoot. He's still got game.

The Bad Guy 06-30-2013 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9784437)

I would too but the Clippers aren't offering that.

kcxiv 06-30-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9784437)

It would need to be more then Griffen for Howard. Numbers wont add up if you do a sign and trade. Which is the only way that Howard to the Clippers work.

okcchief 06-30-2013 09:40 AM

I dont know. Ive watched a lot of video of the guy and some interviews with him the last few days. My impressions are he's very athletic, smart, and raw. I really think if you give him minutes he can be the best center on the roster. Not that it's saying much. As you said even if he is Brooks wont give him a chance. Im pretty sure Daniel Orton would have been better than Perkins and Thabeet if given a chance last year as well. That tells you hoe bad the center situaion is right now. I would have rather brought in more PFs and moved Ibaka to center personally.

kcxiv 06-30-2013 10:55 AM

Phil Jackson ‏@PhilJackson11 17m
@dwighthoward “i’m going up to the country going to paint my mailbox blue.” While i’m there I expect to see you get on board
tis ur place

Setsuna 06-30-2013 02:41 PM

That tweet makes no sense.

kcxiv 06-30-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clayton Bibsby (Post 9785012)
That tweet makes no sense.

Its Phil Jackson. Its a quote from a book. In other words, sigh with the ****ing Lakers he's telling him.

My bad, its a song reference.

ShowtimeSBMVP 06-30-2013 03:58 PM

Howard Beck ‏@HowardBeckNYT 2m

Knicks appear close to acquiring Andrea Bargnani from Toronto, per source. NY offering Camby, Novak, 2 picks (1st rd/2nd rd).

Al Bundy 06-30-2013 06:57 PM

Thomas Robinson has been traded to the Blazers now.

Hammock Parties 06-30-2013 07:18 PM

The Rockets are going to trade Asik and Lin if they get Howard supposedly.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 06-30-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9785480)
The Rockets are going to trade Asik and Lin if they get Howard supposedly.

Works for me! That way they can get Chris Paul too! or I can hope.

I'd love to have Asik off the bench, but he's easily good enough to start somewhere else.

-King- 06-30-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was Offsides (Post 9785497)
Works for me! That way they can get Chris Paul too! or I can hope.

I'd love to have Asik off the bench, but he's easily good enough to start somewhere else.

Chris Paul isn't leaving LA now that Docs there.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 06-30-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9785498)
Chris Paul isn't leaving LA now that Docs there.

Yeah I know.

ChiefsCountry 06-30-2013 08:01 PM

Howard to the Rockets. Might as well let the Heat play another Texas team in the Finals.
Posted via Mobile Device

KC_Connection 06-30-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9785164)
Howard Beck ‏@HowardBeckNYT 2m

Knicks appear close to acquiring Andrea Bargnani from Toronto, per source. NY offering Camby, Novak, 2 picks (1st rd/2nd rd).

Please happen. Ujiri trying to fix Colangelo's mess one step at a time.

ChiefsCountry 07-01-2013 10:35 PM

New Orleans has offered Tyreke Evans a huge offer for a restricted free agent. Will the Kings be dumb enough to match?

LoneWolf 07-03-2013 03:53 PM

Celtics just named former Butler head coach Brad Stevens to same position.

Mr. Laz 07-03-2013 03:54 PM

Blair Kerkhoff ‏@BlairKerkhoff 9m
Butler Basketball twitter account @ButlerMBB reporting Brad Stevens is next coach of the Boston Celtics
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

chiefzilla1501 07-03-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9790960)
Celtics just named former Butler head coach Brad Stevens to same position.

Holy crap. Great move for both sides.

Worst case scenario for Stevens, he tanks as head coach in the NBA then sunsets into college bball where he'll undoubtedly be a hot candidate for a major D1 program.

LoneWolf 07-03-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9790966)
Holy crap. Great move for both sides.

Worst case scenario for Stevens, he tanks as head coach in the NBA then sunsets into college bball where he'll undoubtedly be a hot candidate for a major D1 program.

I thought he made a mistake by not going to a bigger program after his back-to-back finals, but I guess it has worked out well for him.

chiefzilla1501 07-03-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9790970)
I thought he made a mistake by not going to a bigger program after his back-to-back finals, but I guess it has worked out well for him.

I also love the evolution of the NBA. You have teams like Brooklyn and the Clippers stocking up on superstars. Boston looks like they're going to build a Grizzlies / Pacers type of model. That's the kind of team I see Stevens building -- team that is going to be crazy good on defense.

dirk digler 07-03-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9790962)
Blair Kerkhoff ‏@BlairKerkhoff 9m
Butler Basketball twitter account @ButlerMBB reporting Brad Stevens is next coach of the Boston Celtics
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Better than I expected. Now just don't trade Rondo

mcaj22 07-03-2013 04:45 PM

I think Rondo definitely gets traded

his ego is the size of Boston and there's no way he listens to Brad Stevens. This makes it easier to send him off and paint him as difficult for the young coach to work with

KG and Pierce kept him in line and even then it was tough with his clashes with Ray Allen and Doc Rivers. Those guys gone he wont listen to Stevens and will just look him off and call his own plays on the court.

Setsuna 07-03-2013 08:44 PM

The Heat get Leonard yet? Where did Noel go again?

KevB 07-03-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9791013)
I think Rondo definitely gets traded

his ego is the size of Boston and there's no way he listens to Brad Stevens. This makes it easier to send him off and paint him as difficult for the young coach to work with

KG and Pierce kept him in line and even then it was tough with his clashes with Ray Allen and Doc Rivers. Those guys gone he wont listen to Stevens and will just look him off and call his own plays on the court.

The problem the Celtics run into is that PG is the deepest position in the league. Not to mention, teams know Rondo is a PITA.

Pitt Gorilla 07-04-2013 07:33 PM

Kevin Martin headed to Minnesota. Hate it for both teams.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 07-04-2013 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9793134)
Kevin Martin headed to Minnesota. Hate it for both teams.

He sucks, but it's funny that OKC is so afraid of luxury tax.

Pitt Gorilla 07-04-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was Offsides (Post 9793140)
He sucks, but it's funny that OKC is so afraid of luxury tax.

I like the Wolves and the Thunder. Best case scenario involved the Thunder resigning him for a year or two to a reasonable contract. This feels like another Barrea deal for Minnesota.

RealSNR 07-04-2013 11:01 PM

Meh on Kevin Martin.

It's cool because at least he's a legit 2 that we haven't had since for ****ing ever. But if this prevents us from re-signing Pek, I'll be kind of pissed.

okcchief 07-05-2013 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9793147)
I like the Wolves and the Thunder. Best case scenario involved the Thunder resigning him for a year or two to a reasonable contract. This feels like another Barrea deal for Minnesota.

Thats too much money for a player that no showed in big games. Id rather Reggie and Lamb get those minutes. Though I would to have like to have seen money on a better 3rd scoring option I'm sure as hell not sad over letting K Mart go for that money. If thry wanted to spend that money, which they obviously dont, they could spend it more wisely.

That will be an ok deal for the Wolves for a year or two but they will regret it after that.

Hammock Parties 07-06-2013 06:07 PM

mmm mmm mmm what a little asshole

https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images...16e26bc89.jpeg

Setsuna 07-06-2013 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9795577)

Don't fap too hard