ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2012 Kansas Football Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=253033)

Fansy the Famous Bard 12-19-2011 08:17 AM

Had another early graduate that has 1 year of eligibility left on campus this past weekend. USC Wide Receiver Brice Butler

Saulbadguy 12-19-2011 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8212340)
in our other sport we worry about beating out the top schools for talent.

This is football. It's like a hobby for us. Who really cares?

Master troll is perfecting his craft.

Saul Good 12-19-2011 08:34 AM

Is Weis trying to build a team entirely from transfers, or what? His idea of building a team reminds me of Vermeil's with the Chiefs. Basically, he's building a team like a guy who knows he won't be there in 5 years would.

Fansy the Famous Bard 12-19-2011 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8218693)
Is Weis trying to build a team entirely from transfers, or what? His idea of building a team reminds me of Vermeil's with the Chiefs. Basically, he's building a team like a guy who knows he won't be there in 5 years would.

It's worked out well for Old Ballz at K-State. :D

Mr. Plow 12-19-2011 08:38 AM

Quote:

Jesus.

He knows he won't be there after 5 years. KU fans know he won't be there after 5 years. He has SAID that he won't be there after 5 years.

As to the actual question in your post - my assumption is that because of the lack of talent on the KU squad, he is bringing in kids that are better than what we have for a quick fix this year or so that we can maybe be competitive.

Fansy the Famous Bard 12-19-2011 08:45 AM

There is an unsubstantiated rumor that upwards or 20 players will not be returning to the team next year for a number of reasons. (Missed practices, Poor grades, team meeting attendance, Poor attitude)... If that's the case, then I'm certain Weis is probably going to be taking just about anyone that is in good academic standing and can walk + chew gum.

He's already well behind the curve in the recruiting year due to the coaching change, currenly only 8 commits where several of them are not likely to remain commited. He needs kids in the worst way. Kind of nice seeing some of these kids have talent that are considering transfering here, though.

Lzen 12-19-2011 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8218700)
Jesus.

He knows he won't be there after 5 years. KU fans know he won't be there after 5 years. He has SAID that he won't be there after 5 years.

As to the actual question in your post - my assumption is that because of the lack of talent on the KU squad, he is bringing in kids that are better than what we have for a quick fix this year or so that we can maybe be competitive.

Exactly! Why is that so hard for SG to understand? And why does he even care?

Saul Good 12-19-2011 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8218700)
Jesus.

If the goal foe Weis is to position the program well for 5 years from now, he should be looking for long term solutions. He seems to be slapping bandaids all over the place like a guy who needs to win now in order to keep his job.

If they really are losing 20 players, it makes sense, though.

Bambi 12-19-2011 10:00 AM

Quote:

Vermeil built some good teams.

Whatever gets KU back to the BCS is fine by me. Even if it's over in 5 years.

That's the goal.

Bambi 12-19-2011 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 8218710)
There is an unsubstantiated rumor that upwards or 20 players will not be returning to the team next year for a number of reasons. (Missed practices, Poor grades, team meeting attendance, Poor attitude)... If that's the case, then I'm certain Weis is probably going to be taking just about anyone that is in good academic standing and can walk + chew gum.

He's already well behind the curve in the recruiting year due to the coaching change, currenly only 8 commits where several of them are not likely to remain commited. He needs kids in the worst way. Kind of nice seeing some of these kids have talent that are considering transfering here, though.

Fine with me. There are plenty of players on that team that I would be thrilled to see go. Losing by 3 touchdowns and celebrating a halfway decent play like you just won the Super Bowl is annoying. Get them out of there.

mikeyis4dcats. 12-19-2011 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 8218694)
It's worked out well for Old Ballz at K-State. :D

Prince was the one who signed 23 JuCo and transfers....that worked well.

Fansy the Famous Bard 12-19-2011 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 8219646)
Prince was the one who signed 23 JuCo and transfers....that worked well.

You're gonna say that Bill Snyder doesn't actively recruit JUCO's and transfers?

mikeyis4dcats. 12-19-2011 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 8219668)
You're gonna say that Bill Snyder doesn't actively recruit JUCO's and transfers?

only if you have extremely poor reading comprehension, which apparently you do if you think I said that.

Fansy the Famous Bard 12-19-2011 03:44 PM

I was originally giving KSU a compliment, cause Old Ballz is good at making it work. But whatever way you want to twist it, feel free.

mikeyis4dcats. 12-19-2011 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 8219972)
I was originally giving KSU a compliment, cause Old Ballz is good at making it work. But whatever way you want to twist it, feel free.

I'm not the one putting words in people's mouths....