ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop ***Official Knowmo2724 homer-2000 thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=211188)

-King- 10-06-2010 10:26 AM

I will say this.... Orton has shown to be far better than I thought he would....which is why I'm still laughing at the fact that you guys drafted Tebow.

BigMeatballDave 10-06-2010 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcChiefsKing (Post 7065683)
I will say this.... Orton has shown to be far better than I thought he would....which is why I'm still laughing at the fact that you guys drafted Tebow.

Orton is playing well. However, this cannot last. History has proven you cannot continue to win without the run. Hell, Elvis ****ing Grbac put up over 500 yards in a game.

Mile High Mania 10-06-2010 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 7065713)
Orton is playing well. However, this cannot last. History has proven you cannot continue to win without the run. Hell, Elvis ****ing Grbac put up over 500 yards in a game.

And, it goes the other way as well... in recent memory, only the Ravens have won it all with a 1 dimensional attack on offense, but no team out there right now has a defense or special teams like the one they had.

RealSNR 10-06-2010 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 7065794)
And, it goes the other way as well... in recent memory, only the Ravens have won it all with a 1 dimensional attack on offense, but no team out there right now has a defense or special teams like the one they had.

The Steelers are close, but they also have an alright offense. So they don't count.

Mile High Mania 10-06-2010 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 7065812)
The Steelers are close, but they also have an alright offense. So they don't count.

Once Ben gets back, they're pretty balanced.

Ugly Duck 10-06-2010 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcChiefsKing (Post 7065683)

Rumor has it that Tebow will replace the ineffective Moreno @ Ravens.

Los Pollos Hermanos 10-06-2010 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ugly Duck (Post 7066046)
Rumor has it that Tebow will replace the ineffective Moreno @ Ravens.

Why would they have a safety play running back?

Mile High Mania 10-06-2010 01:20 PM

Quote:

Rumor has it that Tebow will replace the injured Moreno @ Ravens.

FYP

Moreno wasn't lighting it up in the first 2 weeks, but at least he was getting some yardage and he found the endzone twice. I think Moreno is more of a 12-15 carry / 4-7 reception per game type of RB... I just don't think he's a work horse type of back.

Moreno has played in 18 games and has never topped 100 yards.

I think they should just accept it, let him be the lead dog, but it's a definite RBBC and he needs to be used more in the passing game.

Hog's Gone Fishin 10-06-2010 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 7065187)
They would likely lose most of them... Quinn sucks and Tebow just isn't ready. They might pull out 1 or 2, but Orton is the key.

So, you're saying the Broncos suck.?! But Orton is a one man team.

Mile High Mania 10-07-2010 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 7066635)
So, you're saying the Broncos suck.?! But Orton is a one man team.

Not exactly... QB is one of (if not the) most important positions on the field. Rarely does a team win consistently without solid QB play. Quinn sucks and Tebow is not ready.

The defense has several good players, but if the offense can't score... and on offense, there are a number of good players, but right now Orton has a command of that offense that cannot be replaced by Quinn or Tebow.

Twist it however you like though.

Hog's Gone Fishin 10-07-2010 06:19 AM

HaHa! You said they suck !

SenselessChiefsFan 10-07-2010 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 7065794)

I think you forget what the Patriots were in 2001. They were very similar to the Chiefs this year. Tom Brady wasn't what he is now. The Pats didn't have a great defense, or a great offense. They just had a solid team.

Now, I don't think the Chiefs are winning the Super Bowl. And, truth be told, the Pats had things fall just right to win that one.

I don't blame you for selling the Chiefs short. Fans of other teams do that. Even in my opinion, the Chiefs aren't among the top clubs in the NFL yet.

But, they are getting better and better.

Bane 10-07-2010 07:05 AM

Quote:

Rumor has it that Tebow will replace the epic draft bust Moreno @ Ravens.

Fyp correctly.

Quesadilla Joe 10-07-2010 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SensibleChiefsfan (Post 7067668)
I think you forget what the Patriots were in 2001. They were very similar to the Chiefs this year. Tom Brady wasn't what he is now. The Pats didn't have a great defense, or a great offense. They just had a solid team.

The 2001 Patriots relied on stolen signals to win games. Bad example.

RealSNR 10-07-2010 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 7067695)
The 2001 Patriots relied on stolen signals to win games. Bad example.

And we rely on our DE punching guys in the dick. There is no difference. Super Bowl it is!