ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones *Spoiler* Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257986)

mdchiefsfan 09-25-2013 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 10014206)
I was rewatching the series.
Am I the only one that can't stand the Theon torture scenes? Obnoxious.

Yea there was a point where I was like, I got it! It was different for me though. I had only finish ASOS when I saw that season. I didn't know anything about Theon up to that point, so each time it was something new (at least I hoped). Looking back at it now and realizing where the story goes, I see how some could have wished for it to go farther and grew impatient with it not progressing.

I like the tittays in the one torture scene though. If all scenes had tittays we'd be having a different discussion.

vailpass 09-25-2013 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 10017439)
Yea there was a point where I was like, I got it! It was different for me though. I had only finish ASOS when I saw that season. I didn't know anything about Theon up to that point, so each time it was something new (at least I hoped). Looking back at it now and realizing where the story goes, I see how some could have wished for it to go farther and grew impatient with it not progressing.

I like the tittays in the one torture scene though. If all scenes had tittays we'd be having a different discussion.

I had read the books, maybe that makes a difference. But it just seemed those scenes were too loud and long...and yes on the tittays.

WoodDraw 09-25-2013 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 10017449)
I had read the books, maybe that makes a difference. But it just seemed those scenes were too loud and long...and yes on the tittays.

I kind of agree. I think it was a matter of wanting to keep him in the story, but not wanting to advance the story too much.

The Franchise 09-25-2013 09:49 AM

Did I miss them or were they not in the books at all? I don't remember reading about them.

vailpass 09-25-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10017971)
Did I miss them or were they not in the books at all? I don't remember reading about them.

Miss what?

keg in kc 09-25-2013 10:05 AM

If you mean the Theon torture scenes, if I remember right, it's only offscreen until you get details in Dance With Dragons. Been a while since my last read-through though.

The Franchise 09-25-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 10017980)
Miss what?

The Theon torture scenes.

MagicHef 09-25-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10018041)

Not in the books. You get introduced to Reek, and have no idea who he is until later in the book when the torture story gets revealed through Reek's memories.

Hawk 09-25-2013 11:44 AM

The Theon torture scenes were tough. I didn't like them (other than naked girls), but the show has the problem of trying to make the audience understand and believe how Theon becomes so completely broken and under Ramsey's thumb. One thing to explain it in print, another to show it and make it believable. So you needed some gruesome scenes or the next part of Theon's story won't make sense.

vailpass 09-25-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10018041)

It was there just not so obvious or stretched out.

Pants 09-25-2013 09:25 PM

I think the real picture of the extent to which the torture went was shown in the description of how Theon changed physically. I don't think they're going to make him look anything like that on the show so, instead, they just had to show the brutality on screen.

BigRedChief 10-17-2013 12:16 AM

Okay guys I've read all the books. Is everything fair game to talk about in here?

BigRedChief 10-17-2013 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9993217)
Meh. Wasn't enough. He deserved the Theon treatment.

I was pissed. He definitely deserved the Theon treatment. I was okay with Dad taking a crossbow to the groin. Seemed fitting.

AndChiefs 10-17-2013 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10093044)
Okay guys I've read all the books. Is everything fair game to talk about in here?

It is the spoiler thread.

vailpass 10-17-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10093044)

You know nothing BRC.