ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ****OFFICIAL 2013 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272221)

chiefzilla1501 06-27-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9780869)
Yes, I remember that anti-LeBron media narrative. And if he quit on his entire sport in his prime, it would be even worse for him.

You are the biggest apologist for any player I've ever seen.

LeBron quit against the Celtics. There was no narrative. And that is a million times worse than quitting after the season is over for a team you won multiple championships with. Give me a break.

chiefzilla1501 06-27-2013 09:42 PM

Mark Titus ‏@clubtrillion 3h
If you're a fan of the Cavs and a fan of Greg Oden, good news: Cleveland not drafting a big guy is a great sign for Oden-to-Cavs potential.

Woot.

Setsuna 06-27-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9780880)
Interesting night for the Cavs. Bennett was a surprise choice, but since then they've had a really, really solid draft.

Yeah too bad they couldn't do that when they had LeBron for several years.

Bambi 06-27-2013 09:45 PM

Phil Pressy declared for the NBA draft?

why?

Bambi 06-27-2013 09:46 PM

Dwight Howard talk makes me "zzzzzzzzzzzz......."

Ceej 06-27-2013 09:47 PM

LMAO @Entourage joke.

-King- 06-27-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9780887)
Mark Titus ‏@clubtrillion 3h
If you're a fan of the Cavs and a fan of Greg Oden, good news: Cleveland not drafting a big guy is a great sign for Oden-to-Cavs potential.

Woot.

LMAO

Pitt Gorilla 06-27-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9780847)
The moves as of late have been pretty ****ing bad. I was really hoping they would deal Ibaka and retool. If Lamb doesnt come up huge we are ****ed as far as winning a title, and KD wiil be gone in 2 years. Good thing I have years of my professional sports teams ****ing me to prepare for this.

Per you, it's always been about the coming years. Otherwise, they would have kept Harden. I'm just not sure I understand it at all.

-King- 06-27-2013 09:50 PM

Nets should be good, but it's going to take a long time for me to get over the fact that they hired Jason Kidd as their head coach.

tk13 06-27-2013 09:53 PM

LMAO Doc Rivers/Bill Simmons feud is on.

Bambi 06-27-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9780912)
LMAO Doc Rivers/Bill Simmons feud is on.

lol, that was awesome

Celtics just blew that shit up. Crazy

Bambi 06-27-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9780906)
Nets should be good, but it's going to take a long time for me to get over the fact that they hired Jason Kidd as their head coach.

I agree. I want so bad to be a Nets fan living in NY and them having Tyshawn.

Hiring Kidd made that really tough.

tk13 06-27-2013 10:03 PM

There needs to be a "backing out of the room" GIF for Bilas/Jalen's body language while Simmons was firing back. That was great... the entire desk literally wanted to be anywhere else on Earth at that moment.

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-27-2013 10:04 PM

Oklahoma City did a masterful job of building a near dynasty with very little room for error then made a catastrophic mistake. I don't know if that team will be able to win the title.

The Nets will not win with that roster. You can't count on Deron Williams, Brook Lopez is soft and overrated, and Garnett and Pierce are another year older.

Boston wasn't going to do anything w/ Pierce and Garnett, but getting Wallace back does nothing for them, and I don't believe Wallace is an amnesty candidate. They'll need to hold Rondo out all year and hope for the lottery balls to fall their way. It's a better plan than the mediocrity treadmill.

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-27-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9780931)
There needs to be a "backing out of the room" GIF for Bilas/Jalen's body language while Simmons was firing back. That was great... the entire desk literally wanted to be anywhere else on Earth at that moment.

[Was reviewing the earlier signs of Simmons' meltdown.]

[Reads this post]

[Immediately slams his DVR forward]

KC_Connection 06-27-2013 10:08 PM

Simmons is too emotional to be on TV right now. Can't accept what has happened to this Celtics team.

Pitt Gorilla 06-27-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9780934)
Oklahoma City did a masterful job of building a near dynasty with very little room for error then made a catastrophic mistake. I don't know if that team will be able to win the title.

The Nets will not win with that roster. You can't count on Deron Williams, Brook Lopez is soft and overrated, and Garnett and Pierce are another year older.

Boston wasn't going to do anything w/ Pierce and Garnett, but getting Wallace back does nothing for them, and I don't believe Wallace is an amnesty candidate. They'll need to hold Rondo out all year and hope for the lottery balls to fall their way. It's a better plan than the mediocrity treadmill.

The Harden trade NEVER made sense. It was a pretty clear signal that the organization cares more about $ than they do about winning a title.

Bambi 06-27-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9780940)
Simmons is too emotional to be on TV right now. Can't accept what has happened to this Celtics team.

He's a weirdo.

Al Bundy 06-27-2013 10:11 PM

Archie Goodwin has been traded to the Warriors.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 06-27-2013 10:11 PM

Celtics got absolute shit. Wow. But KG/Pierce are really old, so whatever.

Bambi 06-27-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

I think the coach is a major problem for Brooklyn as well. That team just doesn't work. Love KG and PP but them be very...very old.

KC_Connection 06-27-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9780882)
LeBron quit against the Celtics. There was no narrative. And that is a million times worse than quitting after the season is over for a team you won multiple championships with. Give me a break.

I remember a superior Celtics team beating him and the Cavs and crushing his spirit, yes. The media, of course, ridiculously played that into a narrative about him quitting on his team. And yes, it would be even worse if he left the sport in his prime. I can just imagine the way they would frame him as some kind of cowardly quitter afraid to live in the shadow of the all-time greats and afraid to complete his legacy.

Bambi 06-27-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9780944)
The Harden trade NEVER made sense. It was a pretty clear signal that the organization cares more about $ than they do about winning a title.

I don;t think they could have afforded to pay all 3 from what I remember. They weren't willing to sacrifice salary like the Heat were.

KC_Connection 06-27-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Agreed. The Nets will be good, but not close to good enough to win a championship. Honestly, they'll probably take that, though. And there's enough big names there to make their fans believe they've got a shot.

KC_Connection 06-27-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 9780946)
He's a weirdo.

A super Celtics fanatic is what he is. So yes, I guess that makes him kind of a weirdo.

KC_Connection 06-27-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9780944)

Doesn't get much worse in pro sports than that deal. Damaging a potential dynasty to save some money. Ugh.

Bambi 06-27-2013 10:19 PM

wow, shane larkin traded

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-27-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9780940)

I actually enjoyed it. He was emotional, but he was also logical. He was right about Rivers' story morphing. Rivers calling him an idiot is really a sign of Rivers' handling the situation poorly, not Simmons.

tk13 06-27-2013 10:21 PM

I thought Simmons handled himself fairly well. Obviously he's a homer... but he stood his ground. If the Chiefs had a super fan that shot one across Pioli's bow like that on national TV he'd be a hero here.

Bambi 06-27-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9780975)
I actually enjoyed it. He was emotional, but he was also logical. He was right about Rivers' story morphing. Rivers calling him an idiot is really a sign of Rivers' handling the situation poorly, not Simmons.

Doc Rivers and the Clips. Eh, I don't see that working.

Fact is it's the Heat and then everyone else until Lebron decides the ride is over.

Well, and then you get next year's draft. Which is going to be insane.

Bambi 06-27-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9780982)
I thought Simmons handled himself fairly well. Obviously he's a homer... but he stood his ground. If the Chiefs had a super fan that shot one across Pioli's bow like that on national TV he'd be a hero here.

Are there any Chiefs fans in media? I don't even think Kevin Harlan thinks of himself as a Chiefs fan anymore. We really need to start winning games. It's freaking embarrassing.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 06-27-2013 10:23 PM

Im kind of surprised T-rob didnt get traded. Either the Rockets still like him or nobody wants him. Not looking good to land Howard.

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-27-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9780982)

I agree, but I'd tweak your wording somewhat. He's a fanatic, but he's not a homer (who I believe are delusional).

When I saw that I thought about a CP poster in that spot and what we'd want them to say. That's what we'd want them to say.

KC_Connection 06-27-2013 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9780975)

Wasn't just referring to the Rivers conflict at the end (and yeah, Rivers came off the worse of the two). Simmons was just a bit out of sorts since they announced the Pierce trade on the air and he realized that era was over.

I can sympathize with that, by the way, I don't think I could have managed to be on live TV when Halladay was dealt from the Jays in '09 (and that era didn't even have team success).

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-27-2013 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 9780985)
Doc Rivers and the Clips. Eh, I don't see that working.

Fact is it's the Heat and then everyone else until Lebron decides the ride is over.

Well, and then you get next year's draft. Which is going to be insane.

The Heat won that title by a razor's edge with LeBron at the peak of the peak of his powers. It will be very hard for them to win next year given that Wade can't stay healthy and Bosh is a largely ineffective head case who has apparently forgotten how to hit a jump shot.

Bambi 06-27-2013 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9780993)
The Heat won that title by a razor's edge with LeBron at the peak of the peak of his powers. It will be very hard for them to win next year given that Wade can't stay healthy and Bosh is a largely ineffective head case who has apparently forgotten how to hit a jump shot.

That may be true but who is going to challenge them?

Are the Spurs going to be able to come back yet again? Is Danny Green going to hit 1,000 3 pointers in games 1-4 again?

The Heat weren't the only team with a little luck...

O.city 06-27-2013 10:27 PM

It won't happen but I think Golden State would be a great landing spot for Dwight.

Discuss

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 06-27-2013 10:27 PM

I just can't understand taking on the Wallace contract.

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-27-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9780991)
Wasn't just referring to the Rivers conflict at the end (and yeah, Rivers came off the worse of the two). Simmons was just a bit out of sorts since they announced the Pierce trade on the air and he realized that era was over.

I rewound and watched the times when you all mentioned him on here. The only one that was out of left field was when he started talking about it sinking in at about 10:25 (11:25 Eastern) unprompted.

Bambi 06-27-2013 10:28 PM

Bennet dropping Wiggins' name in his speech. lol

KC_Connection 06-27-2013 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 9781002)
Bennet dropping Wiggins' name in his speech. lol

Bennett being Canada's first #1 draft pick in history is pretty big news in that country. Everyone was expecting it would be Wiggins.

KC_Connection 06-27-2013 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9780999)
I rewound and watched the times when you all mentioned him on here. The only one that was out of left field was when he started talking about it sinking in at about 10:25 (11:25 Eastern) unprompted.

I can't recall all the times. I seem to remember them all analyzing some pick, though, and him interrupting out of the blue with a Celtics comment on the trade.

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-27-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was Offsides (Post 9780998)
I just can't understand taking on the Wallace contract.

You have to do it to get the salaries to match so you can move Garnett and Pierce. Moving them makes your team bad enough that they have a shot at Wiggins, and at the very least, a top five pick in the best draft since 2003.

KC_Connection 06-27-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Still think they're the favorites as long as LeBron is playing at this level. The other major threats are a OKC team they beat rather easily two years ago (now without Harden) and the Spurs team they beat this year (with a Duncan that's another year older). And maybe the Bulls depending on how Rose plays?

They might want to consider shutting Wade down for some of the regular season and just letting LeBron do his thing to rack up the wins. Would pay dividends come playoff time so Wade wouldn't look like such a shell of his former self.

mcaj22 06-27-2013 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9781019)
Still think they're the favorites as long as LeBron is playing at this level. The other major threats are a OKC team they beat rather easily two years ago (now without Harden) and the Spurs team they beat this year (with a Duncan that's another year older). And maybe the Bulls depending on how Rose plays?

They might want to consider shutting Wade down for some of the regular season and just letting LeBron do his thing to rack up the wins. Would pay dividends come playoff time so Wade wouldn't look like such a shell of his former self.

didnt the Pacers take them in a hard fought physical series all the way to 7 games?

I'd say they are the closest in terms of matchup, size, players in their youth/prime, etc.

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-27-2013 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9781019)

That's the only thing they can do. Basically give him the Shaq treatment.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 06-27-2013 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9781015)
You have to do it to get the salaries to match so you can move Garnett and Pierce. Moving them makes your team bad enough that they have a shot at Wiggins, and at the very least, a top five pick in the best draft since 2003.

Yeah they definitely become a tanking candidate. Wallace is just so terrible and his contract is worse. I guess I thought they'd get more than a Humphries expiring contract. But they didnt have a lot of options, I assume. Oh well. **** Boston. **** the Nets.

mcaj22 06-27-2013 10:41 PM

Crash shot 28 percent from 3 point last year

lol yikes

Titty Meat 06-27-2013 11:34 PM

Quote:

Ill bet you a case of Mr.Pinb that the Heat win it again next year.

okcchief 06-27-2013 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9780901)
Per you, it's always been about the coming years. Otherwise, they would have kept Harden. I'm just not sure I understand it at all.

Yes it was about the coming years, and I dont like the way it looks at all. I have enough information now to have a good idea we ****ed ourselves. Ibaka should have been the one to go.

Here's hoping Lamb and Adams are a lot ****ing better than I expect. Would feel a lot better if we had a ****ing coach. We'll still be a top 3 team in the West with a chance, but Durant and Westbrook better be ready to pull a bunch of young ****ers. Was hoping they would dump off some picks with Perk or Ibaka. They had the pieces to make it better and looked to have ****ed it beyond recognition.

KevB 06-27-2013 11:39 PM

Hell of a fun draft, maybe most fun I've ever had watching the NBA draft. Surprise picks throughout, crazy trades (including vets), guys on the desk were good, Simmons/Rivers feud, Bebe's hair and standing next to Stern, Hakeem coming back, etc. Just great fun.

I really like what my Grizzlies did. Traded Darrell Arthur and 55th pick for Kosta Koufos. They needed a good backup for Gasol, and now they have one of the best backup centers in the game. They jumped on Jamaal Franklin when he fell to 41. Most had him going somewhere between 20-28 or so. He fits their culture of defense and energy. They really needed shooting though, and didn't get it. That will be their only focus from here on out. They'll be looking at Korver/Delfino/Dunleavy types to fill that shooting role.

KevB 06-27-2013 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9781119)
Yes it was about the coming years, and I dont like the way it looks at all. I have enough information now to have a good idea we ****ed ourselves. Ibaka should have been the one to go.

Here's hoping Lamb and Adams are a lot ****ing better than I expect. Would feel a lot better if we had a ****ing coach. We'll still be a top 3 team in the West with a chance, but Durant and Westbrook better be ready to pull a bunch of young ****ers. Was hoping they would dump off some picks with Perk or Ibaka. They had the pieces to make it better and looked to have ****ed it beyond recognition.

Don't understand what OKC did. Adams and Roberson are essentially role players. I really thought this draft (and the Harden trade) hinged on OKC getting up into the top 6 to get one of the top tier guys. Still no guarantee, but enough upside to think one of those guys could eventually be a front line starter in the league. Didn't happen, despite rumors that they tried to get there.

ChiefsCountry 06-27-2013 11:45 PM

So whats the over/under on Wiggins and Parker to the Lakers and Celtics?

Titty Meat 06-27-2013 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9781126)

Howard is coming back to LA

-King- 06-28-2013 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9781129)
Howard is coming back to LA

Probably not.

Bambi 06-28-2013 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9781126)

I have a feeling you're going to see many of the same teams in next years lottery. If the Celtics can move Rondo then they definitely get in there too. Like the panel was saying last night I think Boston is still a little "too good" with Rondo to be bad enough to have a great shot at Wiggins.

But yes next year's draft is going to be crazy.

DaKCMan AP 06-28-2013 06:38 AM

LOL @ the thought of Pierce/KG listening to JKidd.

Bambi 06-28-2013 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9781263)
LOL @ the thought of Pierce/KG listening to JKidd.

I have no idea what the Nets are thinking. Not even a year ago Kidd and the Knicks were at war with the Celtics and now you think you're going to get two of the most veteran players in the league to play under Jason Kidd?? How long is it going to take before honey nut cheerios comes up? What a disaster.

But should be entertaining I'll give them that.

lcarus 06-28-2013 07:49 AM

How do you all feel about Oladipo being selected by Orlando? I mean, I was hoping for McLemore because I'm a KU homer and all but I hope Oladipo pans out.

Bambi 06-28-2013 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9781316)
How do you all feel about Oladipo being selected by Orlando? I mean, I was hoping for McLemore because I'm a KU homer and all but I hope Oladipo pans out.

All of these teams want Wiggins. Might as well draft a role player who is a sure thing as opposed to a superstar potential in McLemore.

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-28-2013 10:03 AM

McLemore does not have superstar potential. That's rank homerism. He's not a good enough ball handler or defender, and although he is a good shooter, because of the first deficiency it will be difficult for him to create his own shot.

He'll probably settle in as a 14-18 PPG scorer. A very nice player who might make an all-star team in his best years, but never a superstar.

chiefzilla1501 06-28-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9781440)
McLemore does not have superstar potential. That's rank homerism. He's not a good enough ball handler or defender, and although he is a good shooter, because of the first deficiency it will be difficult for him to create his own shot.

He'll probably settle in as a 14-18 PPG scorer. A very nice player who might make an all-star team in his best years, but never a superstar.

Agreed. And I like Kansas. I was more concerned at how he shied away from big shots. In close games, he often completely disappeared and it was sometimes good shots he was passing up.

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-28-2013 10:30 AM

McLemore is likely the third-fourth best player on a title team. A guy who can get hot and carry a team for a quarter at a time, but never a primary option.

The Bad Guy 06-28-2013 10:34 AM

I have no idea why the Kings wanted him. The Kings need a wing player in the worst way.

Thorton, Evans, Isiah Thomas, McLemore, Jimmer. That's 4 out of the 5 backcourt players who have a shoot first mentality.

The Bad Guy 06-28-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9781206)
Probably not.

As a Laker fan, thank god.

I hope he goes to Houston or Dallas.

The stupid ****ing billboards, and the wooing of a guy who's on the Amanda Byrnes scale of bi-polar makes me sick.

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-28-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9781478)
I have no idea why the Kings wanted him. The Kings need a wing player in the worst way.

Thorton, Evans, Isiah Thomas, McLemore, Jimmer. That's 4 out of the 5 backcourt players who have a shoot first mentality.

Because they're the Kings. Stupid teams make stupid decisions.

Gilbert's desire to get bounced as a 7 seed and lose a chance for a high lottery pick in a great draft had them take Bennett over Noel.

A lot of NBA teams are just dumb.

dirk digler 06-28-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 9781262)
I have a feeling you're going to see many of the same teams in next years lottery. If the Celtics can move Rondo then they definitely get in there too. Like the panel was saying last night I think Boston is still a little "too good" with Rondo to be bad enough to have a great shot at Wiggins.

But yes next year's draft is going to be crazy.

The Celtics aren't moving Rondo, Ainge stated that very clearly last night. They are building the team around him and in the next 5 drafts they will have 9 First Round picks.

I think they will be competitive but I don't expect them to win 35 games either.

ChiefsCountry 06-28-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9781478)

The Kings are the Chiefs of the NBA. Stupid franchise for the most part.

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-28-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9781519)
The Celtics aren't moving Rondo, Ainge stated that very clearly last night. They are building the team around him and in the next 5 drafts they will have 9 First Round picks.

I think they will be competitive but I don't expect them to win 35 games either.

There's a good chance that seven or eight of those first rounders are in the latter half of the round where you're looking for a guy who can fit a specific role, maybe as an energy guy or a 7th or 8th man.

If Ainge is serious about rebuilding the Celtics he needs to sit Rondo next year.

ChiefsCountry 06-28-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9781479)

The stupid ****ing billboards, and the wooing of a guy who's on the Amanda Byrnes scale of bi-polar makes me sick.

Kobe is going to sit out the year. Lakers some how win the lottery and get Wiggins. That's my prediction for the year.

Mav 06-28-2013 11:28 AM

Im a Pelicans/Bobcats fan, and to say that I was beyond thrilled with one team, while COMPLETELY floored, and disgusted by the other, would be the understatement of the year.

When the Pelicans took Noel, I was shocked, but then excited. They do after all play in the same division with Dirk, and Tim Duncan, so I understood it, but when I found out they had traded with the 76ers, I first thought they were trading for Evan Turner, and then I was going to smash shit in my house. But, TO GET JRUE HOLIDAY, who is the most underrated pg in basketball, I did the dougie.

But the suckcats. Wtf, are they thinking. They have Byron mullens. Who is nothing more than a shooter. he doesn't defend, he doesn't have a post game, and they have Biyombo, who can do NOTHING offensively. There was the place for them to grab Alex Len, orrrrr to grab Ben McClemore. And they end up with Cody, ****ing Zeller. I hate this franchise so much. The only thing keeping me attached to them, is the fact they are becoming the hornets once again. But, year after year they eff it up.

ALTHOUGH, I DID LOVE THE MKG draft, and the Kemba Walker pick. The rest of this stuff. I HATE.

Mav 06-28-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9781556)
Kobe is going to sit out the year. Lakers some how win the lottery and get Wiggins. That's my prediction for the year.

Kobe is not going to sit out. He is way too competitive for that. Don't be shocked if Dwight leaves, if they bring back Bynum.......

-King- 06-28-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9781479)

I really want them to blow the team up and just start a rebuild immediately.

The Bad Guy 06-28-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9781566)
I really want them to blow the team up and just start a rebuild immediately.

With the cap space, you won't really have to rebuild in 14.

I just can't root for Howard. The thought of a franchise like the Lakers making billboards and begging this guy to stay is sickening.

Secondary only to Mike D'Antoni coaching this team, of course.

The Bad Guy 06-28-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9781564)
Kobe is not going to sit out. He is way too competitive for that. Don't be shocked if Dwight leaves, if they bring back Bynum.......

They shouldn't bring back Bynum unless he's playing for 3 cents on the dollar.

Don't sign anyone. Keep all the space for 14 and start fresh.

Howard is no cornerstone of a franchise. He's not a leader, he's not someone you want as the face of the team. He's a puke.

The Bad Guy 06-28-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9781556)

Kobe won't sit an entire season.

-King- 06-28-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9781587)

I just can't root for Howard. The thought of a franchise like the Lakers making billboards and begging this guy to stay is sickening.

Yeah me too. But if I had to choose, I'd rather have Dwight stay on the team rather than D'Antoni.

The Bad Guy 06-28-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9781606)
Yeah me too. But if I had to choose, I'd rather have Dwight stay on the team rather than D'Antoni.

I'm probably there as well.

The only way I want Dwight is if Phil Jackson is coaching him, which seems like a complete pipedream.

Mav 06-28-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9781589)
They shouldn't bring back Bynum unless he's playing for 3 cents on the dollar.

Don't sign anyone. Keep all the space for 14 and start fresh.

Howard is no cornerstone of a franchise. He's not a leader, he's not someone you want as the face of the team. He's a puke.

Shit, I liked Bynum with the lakers, that's why I suggested it. YOu are a laker fan so you know more than me. Any truth to the rumor they may amnesty Pau?

Titty Meat 06-28-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9781587)

17/12 for a guy coming off back surgery isn't bad. They'll need him if they want to beat the Heat.