ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop ***Official Knowmo2724 homer-2000 thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=211188)

RealSNR 10-05-2010 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 7064037)
Cake walk? Wow, beat up a dead 49ers team after barely beating the Browns and chargers and Homer is alive and well. KC fans are setting themselves up for a horribly rude awakening.

What do you think our final record's going to be, MHM? Five more games puts us at 500. You don't think we can win 5 games out of Seattle, Arizona, St. Louis, Buffalo, Tennessee, Jacksonville, Oakland x2, Denver x2, and one more at SD? And that's assuming we don't pull an upset out of our asses in either of the next two weeks.

I think 6 wins on that list is more than reasonable. That's not homerish at all. We're clearly a VASTLY improved team over last year with still a lot of work to do. We can beat a buttload of those bad teams (yes, THEY'RE bad, while WE are mediocre).

Do I think Denver can win 7 games out of the remaining matchups you have? That's what you would need to match KC's predicted 9-7 record. And you know what? I don't see it.

Bane 10-05-2010 04:05 PM

Quote:

Cake walk? Wow, beat up a dead 49ers team after barely beating the Browns and chargers and Homer is alive and well. KC fans are setting themselves up for a horribly rude awakening.

Spin it however makes you feel best about it.Most of us won't fall too hard,as we have watched football over the years and knows it can turn to shit as fast as it turned good.However I do feel better about our chances of winning more games than the Donks.If I remember right I said 5-6 games and with a little luck I could see 8 wins.That's my take.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pasta Little Brioni 10-05-2010 04:31 PM

Quote:

The Browns have been pesky so far this season. They played Baltimore very well on the road and just beat Cincy. They aren't an easy win this season.

KC's schedule is very favorable and people have said it from the start.

Mile High Mania 10-05-2010 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 7064068)
What do you think our final record's going to be, MHM? Five more games puts us at 500. You don't think we can win 5 games out of Seattle, Arizona, St. Louis, Buffalo, Tennessee, Jacksonville, Oakland x2, Denver x2, and one more at SD? And that's assuming we don't pull an upset out of our asses in either of the next two weeks.

I think 6 wins on that list is more than reasonable. That's not homerish at all. We're clearly a VASTLY improved team over last year with still a lot of work to do. We can beat a buttload of those bad teams (yes, THEY'RE bad, while WE are mediocre).

Do I think Denver can win 7 games out of the remaining matchups you have? That's what you would need to match KC's predicted 9-7 record. And you know what? I don't see it.

I never said KC couldn't win 8 or 9 games, it's the use of the phrase "cake walk"... I don't think KC has proven at this point that any 1 game could be a cake walk, much less a season as you put it.

I could see Denver winning their 3 home divisional games (that's 5 wins). I could see Denver beating the 49ers, Rams and Cardinals (there's 8 wins).

I think they could surprise the Jets in a few weeks, but we'll see. I'm not projecting anything more than 8 wins... hell, prior to week one I thought 5-6 was realistic, but I like some of what I have seen so far and I don't know why 8 would be unrealistic.

Los Pollos Hermanos 10-06-2010 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 7064340)
I never said KC couldn't win 8 or 9 games, it's the use of the phrase "cake walk"... I don't think KC has proven at this point that any 1 game could be a cake walk, much less a season as you put it.

I could see Denver winning their 3 home divisional games (that's 5 wins). I could see Denver beating the 49ers, Rams and Cardinals (there's 8 wins).

I think they could surprise the Jets in a few weeks, but we'll see. I'm not projecting anything more than 8 wins... hell, prior to week one I thought 5-6 was realistic, but I like some of what I have seen so far and I don't know why 8 would be unrealistic.

The biggest surprise for me is how well the Broncos are playing defense. Before the season, I thought the Broncos and the Chiefs were both 6 win teams. Now, I think both are problably 8-9 win teams. The division will probably be won with 9, maybe 10 wins.

Mile High Mania 10-06-2010 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsfansofDallas (Post 7065077)
The biggest surprise for me is how well the Broncos are playing defense. Before the season, I thought the Broncos and the Chiefs were both 6 win teams. Now, I think both are problably 8-9 win teams. The division will probably be won with 9, maybe 10 wins.

True - I still think SD is the team to beat... should be interesting.

Hog's Gone Fishin 10-06-2010 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 7063832)
Not if the Chiefs somehow finish with a better record than Denver.

Please don't leave . I won't have anyone to neg.

Hog's Gone Fishin 10-06-2010 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 7064340)

Serious question. If say Orton,God forbid , were to get hurt how many games would you expect to win ?

Mile High Mania 10-06-2010 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 7065163)
Serious question. If say Orton,God forbid , were to get hurt how many games would you expect to win ?

They would likely lose most of them... Quinn sucks and Tebow just isn't ready. They might pull out 1 or 2, but Orton is the key.

Quesadilla Joe 10-06-2010 08:33 AM

Quote:

Broncos' Robert Ayers is tied for 2nd among AFC LBs with 6 QB knockdowns and ties for fifth with 8 total QB hurries (Stats Inc)
http://twitter.com/psmyth12/status/26555175753

:)

The Bad Guy 10-06-2010 08:48 AM

It must be a great life to live on Twtitter and post updates on a Chiefs board.

Quesadilla Joe 10-06-2010 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 7065362)
It must be a great life to live on Twtitter and post updates on a Chiefs board.

This place is awesome, best forum on the internet IMO.

boogblaster 10-06-2010 08:55 AM

he's ashamed ..

BigMeatballDave 10-06-2010 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 7065187)
They would likely lose most of them... Quinn sucks and Tebow just isn't ready to walk on water. They might pull out 1 or 2, but Orton is the key.

:D

BigMeatballDave 10-06-2010 10:24 AM

Quote:

KC fans are setting themselves up for a horribly rude awakening.

LMAO Not at all. 10 wins in the previous 3 seasons. Most around here are waiting for the other shoe to drop. Most of us predicted 6-7 win this season. Anything more is gravy at this point.