ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games XBox 360 General Discussion thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=150892)

007 07-09-2008 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 4838827)
Went to circuit city to pickup UT3 and I'll be damned if I didn't walk out of the store with BioShock.

One of the few games I've purchased TWICE :)

Why? I assume you sold your first copy.

QuikSsurfer 07-09-2008 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 4838884)
Why? I assume you sold your first copy.

I sold it on amazon after I finished it.
7 months later and I'm wanting to play it again.

$39 brand new.

Lzen 07-10-2008 08:09 AM

I think I might have to pick up Bioshock sometime. Just got Assassin's Creed a couple of days ago. That game is really, really cool.

QuikSsurfer 07-10-2008 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 4839153)
I think I might have to pick up Bioshock sometime. Just got Assassin's Creed a couple of days ago. That game is really, really cool.

It was really cool for the first couple of hours.. but it is SOOOO repetitive. Climb the tower, take out the assassins, talk to the old man.. repeat.

Skyy God 07-10-2008 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 4838864)
Anybody up for some COD4?

gamertag is Dyer35. Hit me up

I'll be playing from about 5:30 to 8 and will shoot you a friend request.

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 4839642)
It was really cool for the first couple of hours.. but it is SOOOO repetitive. Climb the tower, take out the assassins, talk to the old man.. repeat.

That's a serious understatement. It's like the developers felt no need to make the side missions varied or interesting.

Dunit35 07-10-2008 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pittsie (Post 4840000)
I'll be playing from about 5:30 to 8 and will shoot you a friend request.

That's a serious understatement. It's like the developers felt no need to make the side missions varied or interesting.

Damn, I was at work. I'll be home after 5 p.m. tomorrow if you're interested.

KcMizzou 07-10-2008 10:38 PM

Quote:

Bioshock, however, kicks serious ass.

chiefs1111 07-10-2008 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 4840610)

Yeah Bioshock is freaking awesome

kcxiv 07-10-2008 10:50 PM

Quote:

Yeah, i look for AC2 to have more stuff in it. Imo, this is what a next gen game should have been. They just need to expand on what they did. The visuals in that game are simply amazing. They had to have put SOOO much work into it. Its repetitive no doubt, but i still enjoyed the hell out of it. AC2 will be a first day purchase for me. I also enjoyed the storyline.

KcMizzou 07-10-2008 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 4840619)
Yeah, i look for AC2 to have more stuff in it. Imo, this is what a next gen game should have been. They just need to expand on what they did. The visuals in that game are simply amazing. They had to have put SOOO much work into it. Its repetitive no doubt, but i still enjoyed the hell out of it. AC2 will be a first day purchase for me. I also enjoyed the storyline.

That was Mass Effect for me. Yeah, it had some flaws, but damn... did I ever have fun with that game. I'm an RPG nut, so that clicked.. not a big shooter guy, but the RPG skills made that part of the game easier. Graphics were great.... story, top notch. It's supposed to be a trilogy. I can't wait for part 2.

As far as 360 games go, to me it's...

Mass Effect: #1
Bioshock: #1a

QuikSsurfer 07-10-2008 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 4840610)

Started a new game on Hard.

wrench + electro plasmid

This game may have the best intro of any game I've played

QuikSsurfer 07-10-2008 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 4840630)
That was Mass Effect for me. Yeah, it had some flaws, but damn... did I ever have fun with that game. I'm an RPG nut, so that clicked.. not a big shooter guy, but the RPG skills made that part of the game easier. Graphics were great.... story, top notch. It's supposed to be a trilogy. I can't wait for part 2.

As far as 360 games go, to me it's...

Mass Effect: #1
Bioshock: #1a

Another one of my favorites. This and Oblivion have been my two most memorable RPGs.

Did you ever play through Oblivion and Shivering Isle?

KcMizzou 07-10-2008 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 4840631)
Started a new game on Hard.

wrench + electro plasmid

This game may have the best intro of any game I've played

It's got that creepy surreal vibe.

The masks remind me of The Shining.

The ambiance is incredible. (weird to say that about a game... seems like something you'd say about a resteraunt)

KcMizzou 07-10-2008 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 4840635)
Another one of my favorites. This and Oblivion have been my two most memorable RPGs.

Did you ever play through Oblivion and Shivering Isle?

Ya know.. I got Oblivion for the comp, but it chugged a bit, and I got frustrated. Never really got very far. I'll eventually play it through. (on the 360)

I really like the old school RPG's. Lately I've been playing Dragon Quest VIII. That style isn't very popular anymore, but I kinda miss those games.

QuikSsurfer 07-10-2008 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 4840643)
Ya know.. I got Oblivion for the comp, but it chugged a bit, and I got frustrated. Never really got very far. I'll eventually play it through. (on the 360)

I really like the old school RPG's. Lately I've been playing Dragon Quest VIII. That style isn't very popular anymore, but I kinda miss those games.

Not big on JRPGs at all. Hate the turn base style.
The only one I've played through is Skies of Arcadia on the dreamcast.