ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   ****The Official Save Our Chiefs Movement Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264510)

pr_capone 12-01-2012 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9167370)
I was just going to suggest flying a banner in remembrance of Jovan Belcher.

Jovan Belcher 59 You will be missed...

Thoughts?

I say no to this for a few reasons.

1. no time to get a banner up against Carolina
2. no matter how disturbed or messed up the guy was, in the end, he took 2 lives and left a 3rd (their daughter) in limbo.

I cannot get behind flying a banner honoring his memory.

pr_capone 12-01-2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9167377)
Any way SOC could do something for his young child?

All our funds are already promised to the B&G's clubs. That said, his kid is the sole heir of all daddy's NFL money She should want for nothing.

CaliforniaChief 12-01-2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9167167)
In saying that, this could stop SOC in its tracks to after this are road games and the final home game is Indy.

:facepalm:

You're thinking SOC strategy?

O.city 12-01-2012 12:01 PM

We as chiefs nation really need to show up tomorrow. This would be a good way to show that soc is supportive of the chiefs am players, just not the decisions being made etc

CaliforniaChief 12-01-2012 12:01 PM

Yeah, honoring Belcher is bad form. Since you can't change a banner this late in the game, it's a moot point. But I'd think something like:

We are ONE Chiefs Nation

makes more sense.

Cephalic Trauma 12-01-2012 12:04 PM

If the game is postponed, can we vote on a banner? A respectful banner like the ones discussed in this thread, of course.

Tribal Warfare 12-01-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9167388)
:facepalm:

You're thinking SOC strategy?

Yes, I'm disconnected with this situation because of how this tragedy has unfolded, which is murder-suicide.

Bowser 12-01-2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9167423)
Yes, I'm disconnected with this situation because of how this tragedy has unfolded, which is murder-suicide.

SOC is doing the right thing. The backlash could be fatal if they either tried to have a show of sympathy or continued on with business as usual.

The people at Arrowhead have enough to deal with right now.

Tribal Warfare 12-01-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9167492)
SOC is doing the right thing. The backlash could be fatal if they either tried to have a show of sympathy or continued on with business as usual.

not for a sympathy/support message

Cephalic Trauma 12-01-2012 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9167492)

How so? Who in their right might would be mad at SOC for showing sympathy?

Bowser 12-01-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9167498)
not for a sympathy/support message

SOC isn't about sympathy. It's about regime change. They're showing sympathy by going silent for the game. All these weeks with the FIRE PIOLI banners, then a "Our Sincerest Condolences" message. It would just come across as insincere, imho.

I think capone and Marty Mac did the right thing here.

Boise_Chief 12-01-2012 12:33 PM

Classy announcement on Fb, I appreciate all your work.

Cephalic Trauma 12-01-2012 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9167521)
SOC isn't about sympathy. It's about regime change. They're showing sympathy by going silent for the game. All these weeks with the FIRE PIOLI banners, then a "Our Sincerest Condolences" message. It would just come across as insincere, imho.

I think capone and Marty Mac did the right thing here.

How does FIRE PIOLI- Silence- FIRE PIOLI look?

Tribal Warfare 12-01-2012 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9167521)
SOC isn't about sympathy. It's about regime change.

It shows some humanity for the tragedy in a whole it doesn't deviate from the overall plan, plus if we don't say something our silence will seem arrogant and cold.

Fire Me Boy! 12-01-2012 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9167370)
I was just going to suggest flying a banner in remembrance of Jovan Belcher.

Jovan Belcher 59 You will be missed...

Thoughts?

HELL no.

Bowser 12-01-2012 12:37 PM

It looks like they're being respectful of what the Chiefs and Pioli just went through. Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

Hammock Parties 12-01-2012 12:37 PM

We have 50,000 views on one of the FB posts explaining our stance on this situation. Ridiculous.

Tribal Warfare 12-01-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9167547)
It looks like they're being respectful of what the Chiefs and Pioli just went through. Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

If that's the case SOC movement is dead ( no pun intended) now, because there is nothing else to say because of this incident especially with who was involved which was Pioli. Unless shit really subsides till the indy game we are ****ed if we maintain silence.

Agent V 12-01-2012 12:42 PM

There's literally no good reason to fly a banner tomorrow or whenever the game happens to be.

Cephalic Trauma 12-01-2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9167547)

Eh, doesn't matter. It's not gaining steam. I just think if you're willing to spend 600 on a banner to support a cause, you should be equally as willing to support an even bigger cause, which is the mourning of an organization and fan base. I am probably wrong, and I don't doubt it, based on the reaction (or lack thereof).

Hammock Parties 12-01-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9167566)
If that's the case SOC movement is dead now, because there nothing else to say because of this incident especially with who was involved which was Pioli.

We've already won anyway, not sure it matters.

O.city 12-01-2012 12:49 PM

Now is a great time for SOC to show that its not just into bashing and pointing fingers but that we are into supporting the chiefs when they need support.

Hate to say it but times like this call for "true" fans. The players and coaches going they this need support

bevischief 12-01-2012 12:50 PM

Can we at least send some flowers? Don't have to use the SOC as sending them. Something like Chiefs nation.

Tribal Warfare 12-01-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9167586)
We've already won anyway, not sure it matters.

Honestly, it could go either way now. It could lead to Clark not having the balls to fire his ass now, or Pioli resigning because of stress and his imminent termination.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 12-01-2012 12:55 PM

SaveOurChiefs.com would like to inform our followers that out of respect to the Chiefs organization, coaches and most importantly the players, we have cancelled the Can Pioli Food Drive and airplane banner for tomorrow. Furthermore, we encourage fans to wear what they feel is appropriate to the game be it black, red, grey or whatever color you want to wear.

We ask that you do not carry any Fi
re Pioli signs into the stadium and just go to the game and be fan. Cheer for the players. Be respectful of them and what they go through on a day-to-day basis.

We feel that tomorrow's game is neither the proper place nor the proper time to continue these activities but rather tomorrow’s game should be a time for all fans to come together and help this team recover from a great tragedy.

While we are mired in a bad season with bad play and bad management, there are 52 guys on the field that just lost a friend. There are things WAY more important than football. Hug your loved ones and appreciate every breath you take. Life is too precious and way too short.

God Bless Chiefs Nation.

Jenson71 12-01-2012 12:57 PM

Good message.

bevischief 12-01-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Mac Ver 2.0 (Post 9167643)
SaveOurChiefs.com would like to inform our followers that out of respect to the Chiefs organization, coaches and most importantly the players, we have cancelled the Can Pioli Food Drive and airplane banner for tomorrow. Furthermore, we encourage fans to wear what they feel is appropriate to the game be it black, red, grey or whatever color you want to wear.

We ask that you do not carry any Fi
re Pioli signs into the stadium and just go to the game and be fan. Cheer for the players. Be respectful of them and what they go through on a day-to-day basis.

We feel that tomorrow's game is neither the proper place nor the proper time to continue these activities but rather tomorrow’s game should be a time for all fans to come together and help this team recover from a great tragedy.

While we are mired in a bad season with bad play and bad management, there are 52 guys on the field that just lost a friend. There are things WAY more important than football. Hug your loved ones and appreciate every breath you take. Life is too precious and way too short.

God Bless Chiefs Nation.

Classy act guys.:thumb:

Coach 12-01-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9167377)
Any way SOC could do something for his young child?

Not sure how others feel about this, but I think this is important, not right now, but maybe at the end of the season?

I know we all talked about the remaining money goes to a charity, and I applaud for that, but how about something to do for the child, like a college fund or something that would deem appropriate?

Coach 12-01-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9167387)
All our funds are already promised to the B&G's clubs. That said, his kid is the sole heir of all daddy's NFL money She should want for nothing.

In regards to my earlier post above, I missed the response, and that makes sense when you put it that way. Still, there'd something that SOC can do for the child, someway, regardless.

Jenson71 12-01-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 9167664)
Not sure how others feel about this, but I think this is important, not right now, but maybe at the end of the season?

I know we all talked about the remaining money goes to a charity, and I applaud for that, but how about something to do for the child, like a college fund or something that would deem appropriate?

I'm not a donator, so it's probably irrelevant for me to say, but a 529 set up for her by a group of Chiefs fans would be amazing.

bevischief 12-01-2012 01:15 PM

There should be something from the family for donations and such in the next few days.

65TossPowerTrap 12-01-2012 01:25 PM

@JasonLaCanfora: @Jovan_Belcher @twitter confirmed this isnt account overseen by Belcher's agent. it's a fraud, and a sick one at that. needs to be shutdown

O.city 12-01-2012 01:42 PM

Chiefs fans, we need to show up tomorrow. Shows these guys that being chiefs means teu are family and we will support them when they need supporting

Nightfyre 12-01-2012 01:50 PM

I applaud the decision to support the players in this instance. We should take it a step further and make a donation towards the care of the orphaned child. That will send a message that we, as chiefs fans, do care about the players' and their families' well-being.

Cephalic Trauma 12-01-2012 01:50 PM

I just don't understand how SOC can come back after silence with the "Fire Pioli" thing. It will not be well received, I'm afraid...

007 12-01-2012 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9167873)
I applaud the decision to support the players in this instance. We should take it a step further and make a donation towards the care of the orphaned child. That will send a message that we, as chiefs fans, do care about the players' and their families' well-being.

WE never stopped supporting the players.'

As far as this tragedy, I feel for the families involved but I don't feel a thing for Belcher.

Hammock Parties 12-01-2012 02:52 PM

We just hit 17,000 likes.

Strange day. Over 1,000 new likes.

bevischief 12-01-2012 03:08 PM

This is weird on so many levels so is timing of this. Just saving but still support the family and friends impacted by this.

htismaqe 12-01-2012 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9168120)
WE never stopped supporting the players.'

As far as this tragedy, I feel for the families involved but I don't feel a thing for Belcher.

Nope.

He's a murderer.

htismaqe 12-01-2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9167873)

This is a great idea.

htismaqe 12-01-2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9167566)
If that's the case SOC movement is dead ( no pun intended) now, because there is nothing else to say because of this incident especially with who was involved which was Pioli. Unless shit really subsides till the indy game we are ****ed if we maintain silence.

I listened to Petro, Leabo, TJ, and caller after caller say things like "we have no idea what it feels like to be Pioli" and "all the football stuff has to be left behind now".

Pioli is now a victim.

Right or wrong, it's pretty much over. Whatever happens, there's nothing SOC can do now that won't look horrible.

DeezNutz 12-01-2012 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9168438)
I listened to Petro, Leabo, TJ, and caller after caller say things like "we have no idea what it feels like to be Pioli" and "all the football stuff has to be left behind now".

Pioli is now a victim.

Right or wrong, it's pretty much over. Whatever happens, there's nothing SOC can do now that won't look horrible.

There's just no way that this tragedy is going to be parlayed into an opportunity for Pioli to keep his job, right? At this point, the evaluations of the players will likely end, as bouncing back from this ordeal will be difficult at best.

What a strange year.

Hammock Parties 12-01-2012 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9168484)
There's just no way that this tragedy is going to be parlayed into an opportunity for Pioli to keep his job, right?

Well, when I read this...

Quote:

"James said that he spoke to Pioli after the incident, and while he refused to discuss the GM's emotional state, the mayor said Pioli was "extremely concerned that fans of this team are not disappointed and not left in the cold."
I wonder.

htismaqe 12-01-2012 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9168484)
There's just no way that this tragedy is going to be parlayed into an opportunity for Pioli to keep his job, right?

Sorry but I actually heard one person (not sure who it was with so many people talking and just the chaotic nature of the story) suggest that firing Pioli now was "inhumane".

DeezNutz 12-01-2012 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9168494)
Well, when I read this...

I wonder.

I don't even really know what he means by that. Disappointed? In what? As if fans wouldn't understand if changes were made in light of today's events?

That quotation does little for me than confirm how out of touch Pioli really is with the fan base.

DeezNutz 12-01-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9168498)
Sorry but I actually heard one person (not sure who it was with so many people talking and just the chaotic nature of the story) suggest that firing Pioli now was "inhumane".

Well, Karen Kornacki can go **** herself.

htismaqe 12-01-2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9168504)
Well, Karen Kornacki can go **** herself.

This was a studio full of guys that have been saying Pioli should be fired for weeks.

This is not the time to be thinking about ourselves so I'll leave it at this:

I think the whole Fire Pioli movement is dead. Over.

Mr_Tomahawk 12-01-2012 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9168515)

This.

DeezNutz 12-01-2012 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9168515)

At least right now, I'm having a hard time seeing how it could regain any traction.

Hootie 12-01-2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9168521)
At least right now, I'm having a hard time seeing how it could regain any traction.

yeah, I agree

he still needs to be fired, but we can address that once the season is over

Mr_Tomahawk 12-01-2012 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9168532)
we can address that once the season is over

How?

ghak99 12-01-2012 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9168494)

Quote:

"James said that he spoke to Pioli after the incident, and while he refused to discuss the GM's emotional state, the mayor said Pioli was "extremely concerned that fans of this team are not disappointed and not left in the cold."

I've read this quote several times now and its intent escapes me.

Do you have a link to the original text it came from?

The Franchise 12-01-2012 04:20 PM

I honestly could see people stepping down after this season. I at least think Crennel retires......especially after today.

Mr_Tomahawk 12-01-2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghak99 (Post 9168539)

Yeah.

I no get.

hometeam 12-01-2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

it means they feel obligated to play

NJChiefsFan 12-01-2012 04:21 PM

He needs to be fired. This doesn't change that. It does change how much I was going to enjoy it. He created the bullshit football issues around him. He brought on this hate. The guy has gone through a lot today and tried doing the right thing. The issue is how public I want the hate on him to be. I think in the end I want him fired enough to keep letting Clark know. I just would be down for a less personal attack, if that makes sense.

NJChiefsFan 12-01-2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9168536)
How?

Kidnap Clark? Idk I agree with you if you are implying that by the offseason our platform is gone.

The Franchise 12-01-2012 04:23 PM

Quote:

This was directly after that quote.

Quote:

I think they think there's an obligation to the people of this city, the fans of the team and the fans of the other team to play the game," James said.

Hog's Gone Fishin 12-01-2012 04:23 PM

Just think if Pioli was the one that committed suicide and took Cassel with him.

How would SOC ,CP feel then !

htismaqe 12-01-2012 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9168540)
I honestly could see people stepping down after this season. I at least think Crennel retires......especially after today.

This is absolutely possible, maybe even probable.

But starting up the "fire Pioli" movement at any point now, even after the season, is going to be met with all kinds of vitriol.

It's not worth it. The fans involved will become perma-villains.

NJChiefsFan 12-01-2012 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9168552)
Just think if Pioli was the one that committed suicide and took Cassel with him.

They accept their paychecks knowing the environment they are getting into. Pioli went out of his way to be a douche and its why the anger was not just for his moves but him.

007 12-01-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9168552)

Dude, don't be stupid.

007 12-01-2012 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9168553)
This is absolutely possible, maybe even probable.

But starting up the "fire Pioli" movement at any point now, even after the season, is going to be met with all kinds of vitriol.

It's not worth it. The fans involved will become perma-villains.

Doesn't change a thing for me. He needs to be fired and he deserves to be fired.

ghak99 12-01-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9168551)
This was directly after that quote.
Quote:

I think they think there's an obligation to the people of this city, the fans of the team and the fans of the other team to play the game," James said.

Thanks, for clearing that up.

I had a feeling it had been chopped.

htismaqe 12-01-2012 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9168640)
Doesn't change a thing for me. He needs to be fired and he deserves to be fired.

Doesn't change a thing for me, either. But it changes it for A LOT of people that can't separate themselves from emotion.

The simple fact is that people feel sorry for him now. What happened to him was horrible and modern society will let that cloud any rational thought.

He needs to be fire. He deserves to be fired.

But he probably won't be fired.

Just the way it is.

O.city 12-01-2012 05:10 PM

After digesting this all day, I tend to think this makes it more probable they are all let go, but allowed to do on their own time by resigning due to this. If Clark is gonna fire them, he tells them they have a chance to save face and re sign.

Hammock Parties 12-01-2012 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9168741)
After digesting this all day, I tend to think this makes it more probable they are all let go, but allowed to do on their own time by resigning due to this. If Clark is gonna fire them, he tells them they have a chance to save face and re sign.

Not a chance in hell. Pioli has a fat payday coming and he's not gonna **** it up.

htismaqe 12-01-2012 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9168745)
Not a chance in hell. Pioli has a fat payday coming and he's not gonna **** it up.

By resigning, he doesn't forfeit any money. Especially if he resigns under these circumstances. Clark will let him walk away if he wants to and he'll pay him anyway, because he feels sorry for him. I know I would.

Hammock Parties 12-01-2012 05:16 PM

Pay a guy 5 million because you feel sorry for him? Really?

htismaqe 12-01-2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9168766)
Pay a guy 5 million because you feel sorry for him? Really?

In big business, stuff like that happens ALL the time.

htismaqe 12-01-2012 05:20 PM

By the way, Carl Peterson wasn't fired, he "resigned".

Mr_Tomahawk 12-01-2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9168745)

You think Pioli is coming back now?

Hammock Parties 12-01-2012 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9168781)
By the way, Carl Peterson wasn't fired, he "resigned".

And he had earned that right.

Pioli hasn't earned shit.

Hammock Parties 12-01-2012 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9168782)
You think Pioli is coming back now?

No. But he still has a year left on his contract.

If he's fired he gets paid.

If he resigns he gets nothing.

Hammock Parties 12-01-2012 06:21 PM

190,000 people saw our top post on SOC. This is unreal.

NJChiefsFan 12-01-2012 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9168783)
And he had earned that right.

Pioli hasn't earned shit.

Because he put good regular season products on the field? He failed to do in 20 years what he said would take 5. Just because he was better success-wise than Pioli doesn't mean he earned a graceful exit. He wasn't exactly graceful with the fans over the years either.

Hammock Parties 12-01-2012 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9169104)
Because he put good regular season products on the field? He failed to do in 20 years what he said would take 5. Just because he was better success-wise than Pioli doesn't mean he earned a graceful exit. He wasn't exactly graceful with the fans over the years either.

Peterson absolutely earned a graceful exit.

If Arrowhead is full tomorrow, it's because of Carl.

NJChiefsFan 12-01-2012 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9169116)
Peterson absolutely earned a graceful exit.

If Arrowhead is full tomorrow, it's because of Carl.

I don't deny some of the things he changed, and I am not old enough to have seen what existed before him, but he still was a prick and failed to get anywhere near the ultimate goal.

BourbonMan 12-01-2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9166968)
I've been on the phone and on chat with Marty since early this morning. Yes, banner, blackout, food drive... everything is cancelled for this game. We are just fans going to a game to support our players.

Good call.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9167380)
I say no to this for a few reasons.

1. no time to get a banner up against Carolina
2. no matter how disturbed or messed up the guy was, in the end, he took 2 lives and left a 3rd (their daughter) in limbo.

I cannot get behind flying a banner honoring his memory.

I totally agree.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9167387)

Again, Totally agree.

The Bad Guy 12-01-2012 08:31 PM

I don't think there's a chance Clark would not pay Pioli if he quit.

I think today's events changed the landscape for things moving forward. I don't think it's saving jobs, but I do think that ownership is going to take care of those affected by this.