ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The Official NEW new new conference realignment & shit talk thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278522)

Mosbonian 12-18-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 10291642)
This isn't accurate.

The Cotton and Outback are literally parallel bowls but they have regional preferences. The two bowl committees worked together this year to swap regional preferences. The Cotton wanted Mizzou and the Outback wanted LSU. The Cotton would not have been allowed to take Mizzou as the Outback had the winner of the East. Had they refused to swap affiliations with the Outback, they'd have had LSU or Georgia (as Missouri and SC are not options under that scenario). Had the Outback refused to swap, they'd have taken Missouri or Texas A&M (with Auburn, Bama and LSU being off the board). These aren't even 4a and 4b, they're just co-4s.

I think Mizzou did get hosed a bit by not getting the Cap One bowl, truth be told. But that doesn't make your statement any less inaccurate.

Missouri ended up slotted behind 3 teams - 2 teams that beat them head to head and a third team with a better record and higher ranking than Missouri's.

I'm not sure what you think you've proven here.

Just wondering here....what is going to be the total dollar payouts for all the SEC Bowl participants this year that will be spread around the league?

Eleazar 12-18-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10289800)
The Big 12 has by far the most inventory when talking percentage of the conference that is nationally televised.

It's great to be a Big 12 fan.

LMAO Only you could look at that graphic and see something other than the Big 12 being the least-watched major conference.

tredadda 12-18-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10290998)
yea you're right. Kinda like NBC saddled with Notre Dame Football. ugh

Zing!

Prison Bitch 12-18-2013 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 10291642)
This isn't accurate.

The Cotton and Outback are literally parallel bowls but they have regional preferences. The two bowl committees worked together this year to swap regional preferences. The Cotton wanted Mizzou and the Outback wanted LSU. The Cotton would not have been allowed to take Mizzou as the Outback had the winner of the East. Had they refused to swap affiliations with the Outback, they'd have had LSU or Georgia (as Missouri and SC are not options under that scenario). Had the Outback refused to swap, they'd have taken Missouri or Texas A&M (with Auburn, Bama and LSU being off the board). These aren't even 4a and 4b, they're just co-4s.

I think Mizzou did get hosed a bit by not getting the Cap One bowl, truth be told. But that doesn't make your statement any less inaccurate.

Missouri ended up slotted behind 3 teams - 2 teams that beat them head to head and a third team with a better record and higher ranking than Missouri's.

I'm not sure what you think you've proven here.

Obviously the Cotton would strongly prefer ATM and Juan Futbol in the worst way. They couldn't because they had to take Mizzou. As to the rest of your post, could be true could be false. I just see you won your division and got the 5th slot in the bowl pecking order. If you're right that it's no big deal that's fine - but that wasn't the attitude you had back in the "Big Bevo" when everyone and their mother was out to get you.

mnchiefsguy 12-18-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10291869)
Obviously the Cotton would strongly prefer ATM and Juan Futbol in the worst way. They couldn't because they had to take Mizzou. As to the rest of your post, could be true could be false. I just see you won your division and got the 5th slot in the bowl pecking order. If you're right that it's no big deal that's fine - but that wasn't the attitude you had back in the "Big Bevo" when everyone and their mother was out to get you.

Quit lying.....You have been owned by the facts in this thread and your speculation has been exposed as total bullshit.

No wonder KU fans cannot stand you.

Prison Bitch 12-18-2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10290668)
When you're on top you get countless articles being written about teams wanting to get their shot.

Comes with the territory.

As I've always said, take a number and get in line bitch.

So true. These flea bag vagrants begging for games think they are "shaming" Kansas when in fact all they're doing is looking pathetic. The King will see you in his court if - and only if - he's ready for you.

Bambi 12-19-2013 09:17 AM

Chatter about Gruden wanting the Texas job.

tredadda 12-19-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10293043)
Chatter about Gruden wanting the Texas job.

Here we go again. You gonna post a picture of Gruden in a UT shirt standing next to Bevo?

Saul Good 12-19-2013 09:35 AM

I'm going to tell my boss that I'm interested in the Texas job. It seems everyone else in the country is getting raises by playing the Longhorns for saps in front to the entire country, and I want in on that action.

Eleazar 12-19-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 10293057)
Here we go again. You gonna post a picture of Gruden in a UT shirt standing next to Bevo?

"chatter" = some rando tweeted about it

Prison Bitch 12-19-2013 09:55 AM

Why don't Mizzou & Wichita just schedule each other at Sprint Center? They could call it the "Crybaby Classic" and hold each other tight as they console one another.

Bambi 12-19-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10293156)
Why don't Mizzou & Wichita just schedule each other at Sprint Center? They could call it the "Crybaby Classic" and hold each other tight as they console one another.

Maybe they can get Wiggins to come over and watch his big brother?

Bambi 12-19-2013 10:08 AM

UT still CFB's most valuable.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/chrissmi..._medium=social

DJ's left nut 12-19-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10291869)

Uh...no.

This is unquestionably true. I could say any number of really stupid things and say "I just see....{factually inaccurate statement}" and declare it as some sort of victory, but that's not the case.

Missouri was slotted in the bowl process behind 3 SEC teams, 2 that beat them straight up and 1 that both had a better record and a higher rank then them. That is what happened. You can make shit up and start arguing the made up position, but it doesn't mean a hell of a lot.

Eleazar 12-19-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10293156)

Remember when you guys were harping about never playing at the Sprint Center because it was in Missouri?

It's really ok. You guys can use our arena anytime.