ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Disney buys Lucasfilm for $4 billion (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265934)

Bowser 07-23-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9829008)
LMAO

I'll be sure to pass on any info. I've been out of the loop for a few weeks because I'm dealing my own PITA project but if I hear anything, I'll be sure to let you know.

Many thanks. I'll be sure to pass along the info to Clay by flooding him with as many PM's as humanly possible. :D

Hammock Parties 07-23-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9829025)
Many thanks. I'll be sure to pass along the info to Clay by flooding him with as many PM's as humanly possible. :D

Please don't. I wish to remain spoiler free.

Bowser 07-23-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9829031)
Please don't. I wish to remain spoiler free.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...Burns_evil.gif

Deberg_1990 07-23-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9827268)
It'll be someone from the Disney family - Andrew Stanton, Brad Bird, maybe even a Matthew Vaughn, etc. and so on.

Ridley Scott doesn't make kid's movies. And Prometheus was unwatchable.

Give it to Gore Verbinski. Heh, I know he's taken a pounding on Ranger but I still think he's pretty talented.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bowser 07-23-2013 10:51 AM

(No worries. I did the same thing with the latest Star Trek, so I get it.)

keg in kc 07-23-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9829004)
Yeah, I saw that, too. Either it's the classic case of covering their asses before announcing his departure or the rumor scared the hell out of both sides, causing them to reconcile.

All I know is that I heard this nearly a month ago and posted it here. Both sides had better get it together because everyone is slated to move to England before the end of the year.

A director switch just before the shoot isn't exactly ideal for a property in such a critical stage as Star Wars. If they do it now, no one will care. In December? It'll look like they're clueless.

I'm guessing it was (or is) related to money.

DaneMcCloud 07-23-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9829426)
I'm guessing it was (or is) related to money.

No, it wasn't a money issue. From what I understand, Abrams didn't expect the amount pressure on him to be faithful to the vibe of the original trilogy.

He's stated publicly that he's upset about the decision to shoot in London, as he wanted to shoot in L.A. Moving to London for a year will require his kids to go to a new school, etc. and so on. He's also stated that he'd "honor" the OT but not "revere" it.

All of these comments (and much more, behind the scenes) have led to an impasse. I'm somewhat surprised that it got out at Comic Con but then again, what better place to drop hints that things aren't going so well?

keg in kc 07-23-2013 01:05 PM

What I meant was that if everything is magically better all of a sudden, it might have something to do with a few more digits on his contract. Not that he was holding out.

It could be a kiss of death statement, though.

DaneMcCloud 07-23-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9829447)
What I meant was that if everything is magically better all of a sudden, it might have something to do with a few more digits on his contract. Not that he was holding out.

It could be a kiss of death statement, though.

Truthfully, I'll be somewhat surprised if he remains on the project. I believe they were testing the waters at Comic Con.

We'll know soon enough.

Hammock Parties 07-23-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9829443)
From what I understand, Abrams didn't expect the amount pressure on him to be faithful to the vibe of the original trilogy.

He is such an arrogant little POS. Thinks his vision > *.

His vision for Star Trek was laughable.

DaneMcCloud 07-23-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9829052)
Give it to Gore Verbinski. Heh, I know he's taken a pounding on Ranger but I still think he's pretty talented.
Posted via Mobile Device

I can't see him, at this point, as a Kathleen Kennedy selection.

POTC is Johnny Depp. Rango was great (again with Johnny Depp) but I just don't see Verbinski as Star Wars material.

Like so many others, I wish they'd go full-on adult and hire a David Fincher, Sam Mendes, Christopher Nolan type director but sadly, that probably won't happen, ever.

keg in kc 07-23-2013 01:18 PM

I think the only thing we can hope is that they go older with some of the tweener films and we get something like a dark Boba Fett movie.

kaplin42 07-23-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJJasonp (Post 9827258)
Good....then bring in Christopher Nolan. :hmmm:

FYP.

I really think Nolan would be able to make an awesome "Old Republic" movie. Where it can be a little darker and a little more serious.

Yeah, the more I think about that idea, the more I like it.

007 07-23-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaplin42 (Post 9829701)
FYP.

I really think Nolan would be able to make an awesome "Old Republic" movie. Where it can be a little darker and a little more serious.

Yeah, the more I think about that idea, the more I like it.

The Old Republic would have to be a trilogy. I can't see them covering that in one movie.

Deberg_1990 07-23-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9829468)
Like so many others, I wish they'd go full-on adult and hire a David Fincher, Sam Mendes, Christopher Nolan type director but sadly, that probably won't happen, ever.

That would be sweet.