ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ***Official 2012-13 Mizzou football repository thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=256647)

Prison Bitch 12-09-2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9193378)
Being a part of the definitively best conference in the country has me super bummed out. And I'm going to be especially sad because of the increased revenue and major improvements to facilities.

Honestly I don't know how Mizzou is going to do long term. But I don't get this: who cares about "facilities"? Serious question. The Chiefs and Royals have nicer facilities now than they ever did and it sucks going to games. Isn't the point to win games, not have nice "facilities"?

DeezNutz 12-09-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9193388)
Honestly I don't know how Mizzou is going to do long term. But I don't get this: who cares about "facilities"? Serious question. The Chiefs and Royals have nicer facilities now than they ever did and it sucks going to games. Isn't the point to win games, not have nice "facilities"?

There's simply no question that high-quality facilities are an overall asset to the university experience afforded to students. Ultimately, you're right; teams must win, but great facilities (athletics and otherwise) are signs of a healthy, strong university.

Thus, analogies to professional sports don't work.

Saul Good 12-09-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9193378)
Being a part of the definitively best conference in the country has me super bummed out. And I'm going to be especially sad because of the increased revenue and major improvements to facilities.

You judge a conference by how many teams with 4-6 losses they have. That's how you know it's a meat grinder.

Saul Good 12-09-2012 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9193388)

The Chiefs and Royals really need to step up their recruiting.

Prison Bitch 12-09-2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9193397)
There's simply no question that high-quality facilities is an overall asset to the university experience afforded to students.

Yeah, all those luxury suites being built at football stadiums across the country (as well as the indoor practice fields, and massive weight-training spaces) really benefit the students.

Saul Good 12-09-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9193465)
Yeah, all those luxury suites being built at football stadiums across the country (as well as the indoor practice fields, and massive weight-training spaces) really benefit the students.

Thanks for being so worried about the Mizzou student experience. Your zero wins against FBS schools were inspiring. Four different conferences have teams who have won a conference game as a member of the Big 12 more recently than Kansas. You might want to focus your energy towards your own school.

Saul Good 12-09-2012 03:55 PM

Aldon Smith is making a serious run at the NFL sack record. He's got 18.5 and counting.

ArrowheadMagic 12-09-2012 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9193397)
There's simply no question that high-quality facilities are an overall asset to the university experience afforded to students. Ultimately, you're right; teams must win, but great facilities (athletics and otherwise) are signs of a healthy, strong university.

Thus, analogies to professional sports don't work.

So does chanting for others to win. There is a reason, the same teams keep their fans chanting SEC... its because Bama, LSU and Florida get rich off the schools that chant.

At some point, there has to be some sort of pride that makes you say, **** my rivals... I want to rout for my team.

Earn your keep.... Its not like you won enough in the Big XII to talk shit on it.

Saul Good 12-09-2012 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9193519)
Aldon Smith is making a serious run at the NFL sack record. He's got 18.5 and counting.

Another sack for Aldon. 19.5 with 3 games to go. He needs 3.5 in the last 3 games to break the record.

Saul Good 12-09-2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadMagic (Post 9194067)
So does chanting for others to win. There is a reason, the same teams keep their fans chanting SEC... its because Bama, LSU and Florida get rich off the schools that chant.

At some point, there has to be some sort of pride that makes you say, **** my rivals... I want to rout for my team.

Earn your keep.... Its not like you won enough in the Big XII to talk shit on it.

Remember when Oklahoma was good enough that they didn't have to worry about what Mizzou was doing. They're a good program now. That's about it, though...nothing special. They'd be a middle of the road program in the SEC, and you know it. That's why you're so ****ing obsessed with all things SEC.

ArrowheadMagic 12-09-2012 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9194072)
Another sack for Aldon. 19.5 with 3 games to go. He needs 3.5 in the last 3 games to break the record.

When a player is all you have to cheer for...... do it... Its better than cheering for another team to handle the business your school doesnt seem interested in handlng..... the last 43 years.

Bowser 12-09-2012 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadMagic (Post 9194067)

Why don't you and Wickedson go spoon and whisper sweet Big XII nothings in each others' ears.

No way does Missouri regret going to the SEC. Now or ever. You just worry about smacking the other Big XII pissants around, then getting outcoached in your bowl game.

Saul Good 12-09-2012 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadMagic (Post 9194097)
When a player is all you have to cheer for...... do it... Its better than cheering for another team to handle the business your school doesnt seem interested in handlng..... the last 43 years.

Congratulations on only being 5 point underdogs to the #5 school in the SEC.

Bowser 12-09-2012 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadMagic (Post 9194097)

And yet, lowly Missouri gets picked for the SEC over the mighty Sooners.

ArrowheadMagic 12-09-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9194082)
Remember when Oklahoma was good enough that they didn't have to worry about what Mizzou was doing. They're a good program now. That's about it, though...nothing special. They'd be a middle of the road program in the SEC, and you know it. That's why you're so ****ing obsessed with all things SEC.

OU is more of a basketball school than MU is a football school. OU has been to final fours.

Wrong tree, brother, wrong tree.

43 years since you last won a conference championship....let that sink in. and you shared it with KU.