ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ***Official 2012-13 Mizzou football repository thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=256647)

duncan_idaho 12-09-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9191992)
Oh great - back to 2005.

3-star recruits can't be 'key recruits' anymore. We've lost literally every single bit of momentum from the SEC move. We're right back to classes full of leftovers in Texas and 3-star recruits.

Nicely done, fellas. Really nicely !@#$ing done. And hey, lets see if you can wait 3 or 4 months before hiring an OC, because that's going to also help matters a great deal.

I don't even like opening this thread anymore.

DJ -

I wasn't saying those guys are key recruits (just DL depth, really, though Mixon has some good offers).

I was saying that I added/updated the key recruits section of the OP. And, actually, the guys added are all pretty big-time: Johnson and Bradley (4-star DTs with SEC offers from all over), a 4-star WR from Louisville, and OT Dan Skipper (who is a three-star but had offers from Tennessee and some other notable programs).

|Zach| 12-09-2012 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9191992)
Oh great - back to 2005.

3-star recruits can't be 'key recruits' anymore. We've lost literally every single bit of momentum from the SEC move. We're right back to classes full of leftovers in Texas and 3-star recruits.

Nicely done, fellas. Really nicely !@#$ing done. And hey, lets see if you can wait 3 or 4 months before hiring an OC, because that's going to also help matters a great deal.

I don't even like opening this thread anymore.

You're being dramatic.

ArrowheadMagic 12-09-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9191164)
Updated with two commits from weekend (DEs Marcus Loud and Dimarya Mixon), key recruits.

OU was recruiting Mixon until they pulled his offer 10 days ago. Solid player, still trying to figure the pulling,.

duncan_idaho 12-09-2012 01:36 PM

I'll also point out that Mixon is ranked No. 15 at his position nationally by Rivals, was being heavily pursued by Oklahoma as little as two weeks ago, and likely ends up in the Texas top 50. He's also the highest-ranked non-4 star at his position.

Not a slouch or hope recruit at all.

duncan_idaho 12-09-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadMagic (Post 9192302)
OU was recruiting Mixon until they pulled his offer 10 days ago. Solid player, still trying to figure the pulling,.

I was wondering about that. I remember reading an update from the last week of November about him having Oklahoma No. 1, and it sounded like an offer was there (even though it doesn't list one now).

Prison Bitch 12-09-2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9192270)
You're being dramatic.

He's right tho, MU will regret their move to the SEC. Not sure when since it will be hard to ever admit it, given all their love and loyalty they've already dropped at their new masters' doorsteps. But it likely shows up at the box office first with low attendance

ArrowheadMagic 12-09-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9192339)
I was wondering about that. I remember reading an update from the last week of November about him having Oklahoma No. 1, and it sounded like an offer was there (even though it doesn't list one now).

If its something he did, its quiet. Think OU got in on some players they didnt previously have a shot at. OU is up against the cap in scholly's, wont oversign, but will lose guys to attrition in the offseason.

With the lack of depth on roster, and in recruiting ,that OU has on both lines, its a surprise. The lines are becoming a problem at OU, area SEC keeps dominating and will win championships until its corrected.

ghak99 12-09-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9192370)
He's right tho, MU will regret their move to the SEC. Not sure when since it will be hard to ever admit it, given all their love and loyalty they've already dropped at their new masters' doorsteps. But it likely shows up at the box office first with low attendance

You're a ****ing idiot.

ArrowheadMagic 12-09-2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

They can always chant.... but SEC has better coaching and line play.... give the top SEC coaches a month to prepare, they will win. Playoffs will change that some, but those 2 things, make the SEC what they are.

duncan_idaho 12-09-2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Regret being secure when it's clear the realignment wheels are going to keep spinning? No. Not going to happen. Regret the fanbase's level of commitment, which has led to the highest attendance levels in recent history, huge financial commitments, planned football expansion, expanded potential recruiting territory? Regret the increase in dollars to come with the SEC Network? Regret the increased profile and the improved ability to hire a top-notch coach when Pinkel is gone?

Somehow I doubt it.

As for attendance, here's fun object for you: Missouri's attendance for the last two games of the season - mighty Syracuse and mighty Kentucky - averaged more than 65k fans. For late season games, after the season had gone to shit.

DJ's left nut 12-09-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Shut the **** up, Dickedson. We all know you're just parked behind an IP scrambler or something.

If you keep pushing your luck, we'll just have you banned on general principal.

No, Mizzou will never regret moving to the best conference in the country. It's not even a close call. They'll make more money and earn more prestige.

But they have to actually perform. Their recent history has shown that they're capable of it, but they've now made it more difficult for themselves.

When the MU fans are interested in the brainless ramblings of a Beaker homer, they'll be sure to let you know.

ArrowheadMagic 12-09-2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9192883)
Shut the **** up, Dickedson. We all know you're just parked behind an IP scrambler or something.

If you keep pushing your luck, we'll just have you banned on general principal.

No, Mizzou will never regret moving to the best conference in the country. It's not even a close call. They'll make more money and earn more prestige.

But they have to actually perform. Their recent history has shown that they're capable of it, but they've now made it more difficult for themselves.

When the MU fans are interested in the brainless ramblings of a Beaker homer, they'll be sure to let you know.

LOL... exactly what have you shown you're capable of? not winning a conference championship in the last 43 years in a conference you talk shit about how bad they are?

Prison Bitch 12-09-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadMagic (Post 9193110)
LOL... exactly what have you shown you're capable of? not winning a conference championship in the last 43 years in a conference you talk shit about how bad they are?

I'd back off. He'll start cyring to the mods about banning you for being a meanie to his school, and then claim you're somebody else under an "IP scrambler" (whatever that is)

Saul Good 12-09-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9193310)
I'd back off. He'll start cyring to the mods about banning you for being a meanie to his school, and then claim you're somebody else under an "IP scrambler" (whatever that is)

Oh gosh. This clearly isn't Wickedson. He doesn't know how to mask his IP.

DeezNutz 12-09-2012 03:27 PM

Being a part of the definitively best conference in the country has me super bummed out. And I'm going to be especially sad because of the increased revenue and major improvements to facilities.