ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games *** Official Diablo III Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=212603)

Imon Yourside 05-31-2012 02:09 AM

Can anyone give me inferno act 3 quest 6 waypoint? Rakkis Crossing.

Sofa King 05-31-2012 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8648410)
Anyone have the staff to hell ponies? If so message me in game please.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drunkie (Post 8649081)
you know i has it. you should also state which staff you want. there is a staff for norm.nm.hell.and inferno. i know your soft ass doesn't want the inferno ponies. you can't handle that

Oh yeah, i guess i forgot to state which staff i wanted....................Oh wait, no i didn't. You just read it too ****ing fast.

But serious question, are the hell ponies worth the time? Do they drop as good as say act 1 in inferno?

suds79 05-31-2012 08:26 AM

Hit lvl 19 last night with my HC Witch Doctor. Really enjoying him. Being on HC I'm all about staying alive and trying not to get near any trouble.

Jumping spiders for a while was fantastic for me. You can chuck that jar to the edge of your screen, then the spiders would jump & attack enemies even further. I could attack enemies I didn't even see. Problem with that though is you have to spam it over & over. It's essentially your primary attack.

So currently my build is.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...#aZYbTU!Z!aaaZ

Having the spider queen roam about doing work allows me to be freed up to use my poison dart. I don't think the spider queen is quite as good as jumping spiders but she makes up for it in being self sufficient.

I don't use it that much but feel like I have to have spirit walk locked in loaded. It's my "oh shit" button. Can't risk dying.

Just got Gargantuan. His damage isn't great but significantly better than zombie dogs. Oh well. Just another meat shield which I'm all about. That and he looks sweet. :thumb:

Valiant 05-31-2012 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun (Post 8648665)
I know man, i dread them. cant skip em

I was able to escape out of them.

Valiant 05-31-2012 08:43 AM

Also, my game got bugged or they did some stealth nerfs.

Doing the tower for the heart of sin. Went from one shotting most weaker enemies to taking 3 shots at a higher lvl after the patch. Also gold and xp is less now. Got 9000xp for killing azmodan.

Up to lvl 51.

Dropped some coin to upgrade a lot, to hopefully make it easier on me. Went from 4000health 1900damage to 15000health and 4000damage for 60kgold from lvl 50 to 51.

Also, is belial the hardest boss in the game for wizards? Even with him showing where he is hitting I cannot get out of the way. All the others are cake for me so far.

Sofa King 05-31-2012 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 8649299)
Also, my game got bugged or they did some stealth nerfs.

Doing the tower for the heart of sin. Went from one shotting most weaker enemies to taking 3 shots at a higher lvl after the patch. Also gold and xp is less now. Got 9000xp for killing azmodan.

Up to lvl 51.

Dropped some coin to upgrade a lot, to hopefully make it easier on me. Went from 4000health 1900damage to 15000health and 4000damage for 60kgold from lvl 50 to 51.

Also, is belial the hardest boss in the game for wizards? Even with him showing where he is hitting I cannot get out of the way. All the others are cake for me so far.

What spells are you using?

Belial is a cake walk. just stay in the right corner for the big attack and then dodge the smaller ones. Hammer the hell outta him when he's wasting that big attack on the middle of the screen. Save your potions and use the globes if he somehow does manage to hit you.

Actually, they all are pretty easy since they're 1 on 1. I didn't really have a problem beating any of them.

Valiant 05-31-2012 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8649304)
What spells are you using?

Belial is a cake walk. just stay in the right corner for the big attack and then dodge the smaller ones. Hammer the hell outta him when he's wasting that big attack on the middle of the screen. Save your potions and use the globes if he somehow does manage to hit you.

Actually, they all are pretty easy since they're 1 on 1. I didn't really have a problem beating any of them.

Electro with the pass through, disentegrate, hydra and archeon. I have not stayed in the corner though. I will try that.

Sofa King 05-31-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 8649363)
Electro with the pass through, disentegrate, hydra and archeon. I have not stayed in the corner though. I will try that.

Don't forget to use magic weapon and familiar w/ sparkflint to get more damage.

And I'd go with Magic Missile and the damage rune. no need for electro w/ passthrough and the damage is shit.

What about your passives?

I go glass cannon, prodigy and one other i can't think of.

Nightfyre 05-31-2012 10:32 AM

My wizard build seems to be okay thusfar (Level 51 just beat Nightmare Mode)
Left Click - Spectral Blades (Deep Cuts)
Right Click - Hydra (Venom Hydra)
1 - Frost Nova (Deep Freeze)
2 - Diamond Skin (Prism)
3 - Energy Twister (Wicked Wind)
4 - Energy Armor (Pinpoint Barrier)
P1: Critical Mass
P2: Blur
P3: Galvanizing Ward

Melee tank wizard ftw. Use a shield. Get a good mix of defensive stats (Armor, Resist, Vitality, Life %) and offensive stats (Crit chance, increased attack speed, int)

Imon Yourside 05-31-2012 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 8649538)
My wizard build seems to be okay thusfar (Level 51 just beat Nightmare Mode)
Left Click - Spectral Blades (Deep Cuts)
Right Click - Hydra (Venom Hydra)
1 - Frost Nova (Deep Freeze)
2 - Diamond Skin (Prism)
3 - Energy Twister (Wicked Wind)
4 - Energy Armor (Pinpoint Barrier)
P1: Critical Mass
P2: Blur
P3: Galvanizing Ward

Melee tank wizard ftw. Use a shield. Get a good mix of defensive stats (Armor, Resist, Vitality, Life %) and offensive stats (Crit chance, increased attack speed, int)

It's always fun until hell lvl, and inferno will kick you squarely in the nuts. It's really all about the gear.

Buck 05-31-2012 11:16 AM

I need to buy a new keyboard. Would one of those gaming keyboards with extra buttons on the left help me out? Its hard for me with the layout to hold down shift and hit 1-4 at the same time.

jd1020 05-31-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8649643)
I need to buy a new keyboard. Would one of those gaming keyboards with extra buttons on the left help me out? Its hard for me with the layout to hold down shift and hit 1-4 at the same time.

You know you can change that button to say... the space bar?

drunkie 05-31-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8649165)
Oh yeah, i guess i forgot to state which staff i wanted....................Oh wait, no i didn't. You just read it too ****ing fast.

But serious question, are the hell ponies worth the time? Do they drop as good as say act 1 in inferno?

well as you know i'm a crackhead. so i get to be stupid. but i has

drunkie 05-31-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8649663)
You know you can change that button to say... the space bar?

this is the same thing i did. space bar with the thumb is the perfect match

suds79 05-31-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8649643)

okay obvious question here. Just want to make sure I'm not missing out on some game mechanic.

Why do you have to hold shift & 1-4? You can just press 1-4 by themselves and cast. What am I missing?