ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

BigMeatballDave 01-03-2009 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan (Post 5352994)
By the by, 'Eagle Eye' is a COMPLETE Monster Dump; avoid at all costs.

Why do people tell others to 'avoid' a movie? To each his own. I NEVER listen to movie critics. If the trailer looks good, I'll watch it.

Sure-Oz 01-03-2009 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefDave (Post 5353167)
I just watched Eagle Eye the other day. I really liked it. Action-packed.

Plenty of action, its worth a rent but not the money i paid in theaters:doh!:

Sure-Oz 01-03-2009 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefDave (Post 5353175)
Why do people tell others to 'avoid' a movie? To each his own. I NEVER listen to movie critics. If the trailer looks good, I'll watch it.

You should definetly see "the happening" trailer was awesome!:D

BigMeatballDave 01-03-2009 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 5353176)

Thats the way I felt about 'The Day the Earth stood still.' Good flick, but I could've waited for DVD. My GF wanted to see it.

BigMeatballDave 01-03-2009 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 5353177)

That was a piece of garbage. I didn't spend a dime on that. I got a bootleg from a co-worker. :D

Sure-Oz 01-03-2009 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefDave (Post 5353183)
Thats the way I felt about 'The Day the Earth stood still.' Good flick, but I could've waited for DVD. My GF wanted to see it.

I wanted to see it but heard it sucked so i'll probably see Benjamin Button instead and Gran Tarino. Ill netflix it though

Sure-Oz 01-03-2009 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefDave (Post 5353186)
That was a piece of garbage. I didn't spend a dime on that. I got a bootleg from a co-worker. :D

I really wished i bitched at the theater and demanded my money back cause the movie suckedROFL

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-03-2009 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 5353176)

I thought it was actually going to be a person or persons pulling the strings. I got so bored with the "action", I went to Wiki to read the plot. Then I fast-forwarded to watch the end.

Thank God for teenagers who work at Blockbuster, and Limewire Pro.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 5353177)

ROFL

Sure-Oz 01-03-2009 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan (Post 5353269)
I thought it was actually going to be a person or persons pulling the strings. I got so bored with the "action", I went to Wiki to read the plot. Then I fast-forwarded to watch the end.

Thank God for teenagers who work at Blockbuster, and Limewire Pro.

ROFL

No kidding, i saw that movie in IMAX, which made it slightly better but yeah teh ending was dogshit

Sure-Oz 01-04-2009 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 5353024)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0988047/

Samir Horn (Don Cheadle), a devout American Muslim, and a former U.S. Army Special Forces expert in explosives, has been mysteriously showing up on the FBI's radar for being in the area of terrorist bombings. FBI agent Roy Clayton (Guy Pearce) heads up a task force investigation to link Horn to these bombings. Clayton is able to question Horn after he was arrested in Yemen for attempting to sell explosives to an Islamic terrorist group. The terrorists break out of prison and take Horn with them. With the help of Max Archer (Neal McDonough), Clayton is able to link Horn to a bombing of an American Consulate in Nice, and a failed police raid to capture his top terrorist contact in London. Clayton has been pursuing Horn around the world and has tracked him to the United States. Clayton must capture Horn before he strikes his next target.

Looks pretty decent, i like Don Cheadle, i'll let you all know how it was later when i watch.

Watched it last night. Pretty average, the pace was pretty much the same throughout and not much action or high drama. It was pretty disappointing considering it looked good during the trailers. I wouldn't say it was bad, but it wasn't great either. It was very slow to start and didn't speed up much past that to a climax. I was pretty much waiting for it to be over and hoped for a decent ending or something, the word "meh" comes to mind.

Rotten Tomatoes gave it a 57%.

QuikSsurfer 01-04-2009 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 5352601)
Saw this today. It's twisted, but I loved it.

I recommended this movie over a year ago in this thread.
I really, really enjoyed it.

Check out "Ichi the Killer"

Fire Me Boy! 01-04-2009 12:11 PM

I watched Schindler's List again last night.

Doesn't matter how many times I watch that film, it's such a moving experience. Really a great, great piece of art.

Jerm 01-04-2009 12:15 PM

Watched The Wrestler the other day...holy shit what a movie.

One of the best movies I've seen in a LONG time.

Rourke absolutely friggin' owned this role and movie, it's true when everyone says that there was no other actor out there that could've pulled this off like Rourke did. Nic Cage? Are you kidding me lol?

Rourke had every element of the character nailed to a T.

All the matches and wrestling content were startling spot on and very true to life...watching what goes on before and after the matches and show as really interesting to watch.

Just a great movie all the way around, def. already on my all time top 10 list.

Sure-Oz 01-04-2009 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 5355282)
Watched The Wrestler the other day...holy shit what a movie.

One of the best movies I've seen in a LONG time.

Rourke absolutely friggin' owned this role and movie, it's true when everyone says that there was no other actor out there that could've pulled this off like Rourke did. Nic Cage? Are you kidding me lol?

Rourke had every element of the character nailed to a T.

All the matches and wrestling content were startling spot on and very true to life...watching what goes on before and after the matches and show as really interesting to watch.

Just a great movie all the way around, def. already on my all time top 10 list.

I am going to probably see that as well....rourke def. looks great at the part on the trailers.

QuikSsurfer 01-04-2009 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 5355266)
I watched Schindler's List again last night.

Doesn't matter how many times I watch that film, it's such a moving experience. Really a great, great piece of art.

Love this movie.

It's interesting because I just watched The Pianist last night and wow.. what a great movie and awesome performance by Adrien Brody.