ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs to Work Out Geno Smith in KC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271509)

RealSNR 04-02-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9549655)
It's not "wasting" picks to get a viable starter to help shepherd the team out of the dregs of the NFL.

It's not "wasting" a pick to develop your dynamic starter of the future.

What the **** is your deal? Why do you have such a hard on for a 9 year vet who is 2-27 when teams score more than three touchdowns in a game? The AVERAGE score in the NFL was nearly 23 points a game.

THAT MEANS THAT ALEX SMITH IS 2-27 AGAINST TEAMS THAT ARE LITERALLY 1 POINT PER GAME ABOVE AVERAGE.

Woo ****ing hoo. Lemme buy them Super Bowl tickets now!

**** this is ****ing reeruned. Alex Smith sucks donkey balls.

He doesn't necessarily have a hard on for Alex Smith. He has a hard on for Barkley and got his vagina bruised once when some people on here said they didn't like him.

I defend Geno all the time on here, but that doesn't mean I hate Barkley. I don't. I think Matt Barkley can be a pretty good starting QB in the NFL.

But O's Fan has been spurned, and now has a vendetta against Geno and his supporters.

Buckweath 04-02-2013 12:47 PM

As has been said before, drafting Geno would be brilliant and he's probably the best QB we'll have the chance to draft in the new few years.

Having Geno would put pressure on Alex Smith to perform really well or else he'd be replaced by Geno who has great potential.

If Alex Smith becomes a clear top 10 QB, you can trade Geno Smith for a mid-late 1st round pick and not worry about the loss because you have finally found that great QB.

Drafting Joeckel or whomever else than Geno reminds me of drafting Glenn Dorsey back in 2008, who was arguably the best prospect in the draft and was supposed to be a sure thing. The guy just never had any impact and even if he had become an All-Pro, we would still have been a shitty team with that dreadful QB play.

BigChiefFan 04-02-2013 12:47 PM

Do the right thing and draft Geno.

penbrook 04-02-2013 12:48 PM

So TBG and new news on Geno??

RealSNR 04-02-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9549661)
You're going to find out in year 1 if he can. Reid doesn't leash QBs. He opens up the offense for just about anyone that's not a rookie.

Personally, I think he can account for around 3500 and about 25-30 TDs.

Even better. Once he proves he's got it, the Chiefs will be free to trade Geno to a team as early as next year. The demand for great QBs isn't going to dry up ever, and 2014 doesn't exactly look very promising at the position. Some team will want him.

We won't get our 1.1 value back in the deal, but that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make if it ENSURES that the Chiefs have finally clawed their way out of this QB mire they've been stuck in for decades.

saphojunkie 04-02-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9549662)
He doesn't necessarily have a hard on for Alex Smith. He has a hard on for Barkley and got his vagina bruised once when some people on here said they didn't like him.

I defend Geno all the time on here, but that doesn't mean I hate Barkley. I don't. I think Matt Barkley can be a pretty good starting QB in the NFL.

But O's Fan has been spurned, and now has a vendetta against Geno and his supporters.

Gotcha.

The argument to trade Albert for a second, draft Joeckel, then get Barkley in the 2nd is vastly superior to "don't draft Geno Alex Smith is going to be fine!"

I know that trading Albert for Joeckel and Barkley is seemingly either comparable or a step down from keeping Albert and taking Barkley, but frankly it seems more prudent, so I wouldn't be upset.

I don't hate Barkley, either. In fact, I would be 100% placated if they ended up with Barkley somehow. I think Geno has a much higher ceiling (what a revelation!) but either one of those guys tells me that this front office is aggressively trying to improve the QB position.

That's all I ask.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9549675)
Even better. Once he proves he's got it, the Chiefs will be free to trade Geno to a team as early as next year. The demand for great QBs isn't going to dry up ever, and 2014 doesn't exactly look very promising at the position. Some team will want him.

We won't get our 1.1 value back in the deal, but that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make if it ENSURES that the Chiefs have finally clawed their way out of this QB mire they've been stuck in for decades.

Yes yes yes.

saphojunkie 04-02-2013 12:55 PM

Would you guys be happy if Alex Smith threw for 4,000 + yards, 61% CMP, 22 TD, and 14 INT with a QB rating of 85.3?

Would that be good enough?

Because that's what Carson Palmer did last year.

The Bad Guy 04-02-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9549685)
Would you guys be happy if Alex Smith threw for 4,000 + yards, 61% CMP, 22 TD, and 14 INT with a QB rating of 85.3?

What's the team's record?

Because I care little about a QB padding his stats after games are out of reach.

B14ckmon 04-02-2013 01:04 PM

Joeckel is salivating. Both because he's fat and because he's going #1 overall.

Buckweath 04-02-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

NO. Not that bad not clearly not good enough. But again, that's probably what should be expected of Alex Smith.

penbrook 04-02-2013 01:11 PM

Any news on Geno today?

-King- 04-02-2013 01:12 PM

Geez guys, it was a private workout. People are acting like it was the combine or a proday and big news will be coming out.

philfree 04-02-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9549716)
Geez guys, it was a private workout. People are acting like it was the combine or a proday and big news will be coming out.

No shit. Some folks are so worked up though they just want to read about his choco peepee. Bunch of damn fairies.

B14ckmon 04-02-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9549727)
No shit. Some folks are so worked up though they just want to read about his choco peepee. Bunch of damn fairies.

Sweet Willie loves black dudes.

Sorter 04-02-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Looking at just stats is usually horrible, IMO.