ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The constant negativity is tiresome. Who is ready to join me and move on? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271150)

DaneMcCloud 03-17-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9509048)
Fitzpatrick threw for 3800 yards in 2011.

Wouldn't be hard for Geno to top him.

LMAO

Yeah, because every NFL rookie QB can walk onto a shitty team and throw for 3,800+ yards.

You're funny, Dude.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-17-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 9509002)
At best we have arguably the 3rd best QB in the division, and that will only be the case if the Raiders don't take Geno. KC won't be winning this division anytime soon.

Rivers was awful last year. Purely awful.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-17-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9509038)
So? He also had a lot of up and down years and backed Jake ****ing Delhomme.

Without Manning, Denver would a perpetual .500 team.

Yup.

Baby Lee 03-17-2013 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9506010)
As far as I can tell, "Kanesville" is alone in that. Whoever that is. Many of us just hate the Alex Smith move with a passion and we're drawing overreaction from people who think we should love everything without exception. But even so one move doesn't mean it's a complete failure. It just means there's a bad block in the foundation that will have to be removed and replaced at some point.

You see, I view the negativity as the overreaction, not the benefit of doubt.

We overpaid? OK, valid argument. But then a lot of those bemoaning this aspect are the same ones who demand we identify who we think is the best QB and absolutely pick him #1, even if he's just the least stinky pile of shit of all the piles of shit eligible. If that's not 'overpaying' I don't know what is.

He's just a game manager? Possibly, maybe even probably. But minds can still differ whether that can translate to overall team success. If the coaches can get him to where he converts 3rd downs with regularity, with our running game, we can run an effective ball control eat the clock offense, shortening the game and keeping our D fresh.

He's Cassel 2.0 and this regime has already ruined our team further? That's just CP PTSD. People cite raw numbers, but we know statistics often fail to tell the true story. Not the least of which is Cassel getting the vast bulk of his numbers either against shit opposition or in garbage time while losing badly to halfway decent teams. No one if offering up gifs of Smith doing stupid shit like the metric shit ton of gifs that exist on Cassel doing mind blowingly stupid shit.

Reid has had far too much success with QBs and is far to excited about Smith for me to to automatically pessimistic so far ahead of the team even taking the field.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-17-2013 07:01 PM

Smith's play over the last 2 years is superior to any season Cassel had including his BS 27-7 season. Chiefs had amongst the worst QB play of All Time last year. He's a pretty noticeable upgrade. The problem is will it be enough to go against the elites?

Rasputin 03-17-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9509554)
You see, I view the negativity as the overreaction, not the benefit of doubt.

We overpaid? OK, valid argument. But then a lot of those bemoaning this aspect are the same ones who demand we identify who we think is the best QB and absolutely pick him #1, even if he's just the least stinky pile of shit of all the piles of shit eligible. If that's not 'overpaying' I don't know what is.

He's just a game manager? Possibly, maybe even probably. But minds can still differ whether that can translate to overall team success. If the coaches can get him to where he converts 3rd downs with regularity, with our running game, we can run an effective ball control eat the clock offense, shortening the game and keeping our D fresh.

He's Cassel 2.0 and this regime has already ruined our team further? That's just CP PTSD. People cite raw numbers, but we know statistics often fail to tell the true story. Not the least of which is Cassel getting the vast bulk of his numbers either against shit opposition or in garbage time while losing badly to halfway decent teams. No one if offering up gifs of Smith doing stupid shit like the metric shit ton of gifs that exist on Cassel doing mind blowingly stupid shit.

Reid has had far too much success with QBs and is far to excited about Smith for me to to automatically pessimistic so far ahead of the team even taking the field.

Really the success Andy Reid had was tied with Donovan McNabb who he took with the second over all pick in that years draft. That is the guy who got them in the Super Bowl. It was down hill after that. He hasn't had any great success with retreads. The Eagles never found their next Donovan McNabb. When I say retread I am referring to Mike Vick.

patteeu 03-17-2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9509573)
Really the success Andy Reid had was tied with Donovan McNabb who he took with the second over all pick in that years draft. That is the guy who got them in the Super Bowl. It was down hill after that. He hasn't had any great success with retreads. The Eagles never found their next Donovan McNabb. When I say retread I am referring to Mike Vick.

The most relevant factor relative to Donovan McNabb is that Andy Reid identified him and coached him, not that he was the 2nd pick overall. Do you think if the same McNabb had somehow fallen to the Eagles in the 2nd round, he would have been a vastly different QB just by virtue of how long he waited to hear his name on draft day?

This year, Andy Reid identified Alex Smith as the best possible choice among all the available QB options for his system, apparently. Just like he did with McNabb. That makes Alex Smith more like Donovan McNabb in the most important respect than Geno Smith will be if Jacksonville takes him with 1.2.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-17-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9509028)
I'm willing to bet Geno Smith will easily throw for more yards next season.

Make sure you include postseason yards before you bet anything.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-17-2013 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9509559)
Smith's play over the last 2 years is superior to any season Cassel had including his BS 27-7 season. Chiefs had amongst the worst QB play of All Time last year. He's a pretty noticeable upgrade. The problem is will it be enough to go against the elites?

Achieving Cassel's level of suck is indeed a very hard thing to do. That said, if the Chiefs were jumbo-jet. I have SUPREME confindence in Smith's pedigree and abilities to crash that ****er right in to the Potomac.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties 03-17-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9509273)
LMAO

Yeah, because every NFL rookie QB can walk onto a shitty team and throw for 3,800+ yards.

You're funny, Dude.

Well, Cam Newton did it, and I think Geno is a better passer.

It just depends what you think of Geno.

Hootie 03-17-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9510019)
Well, Cam Newton did it, and I think Geno is a better passer.

It just depends what you think of Geno.

Cam Newton did it because defenses had to worry about him running...

is Geno going to run? I highly doubt it. He could, but that's not his nature.

I'd love to get Geno and sit him at QB3 for a year.

Hammock Parties 03-17-2013 10:12 PM

Anyway we're not talking about 4k.

Alex Smith will have less than 3200 yards passing here...easy...Geno will surpass that if he's a day 1 starter.

HolyHat 03-17-2013 10:13 PM

What is Cam's 40 time?

O.city 03-17-2013 10:14 PM

Mr pink any news in the Albert front?

HolyHat 03-17-2013 10:15 PM

nevermind, found it. 4.58 compared to Geno's 4.78

SAUTO 03-17-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink (Post 9510041)

Geno 4.78?
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties 03-17-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink (Post 9510041)

Geno ran a 4.59 at the combine this year.

Thanks for playing...

SAUTO 03-17-2013 10:17 PM

I see a 4.56.
A 4.59
A 4.68 highest
Posted via Mobile Device

HolyHat 03-17-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9510044)

Thanks for playing...

Yeah I know, iphone got me.

I was trying to make a point that they are a lot alike speed wise.

BossChief 03-17-2013 10:58 PM

What I feel will end up being the costly missed opportunities this offseason:

1) drafting Geno at 1
2) Signing Matt Moore to be qb2
3) retaining Glenn Dorsey and playing him how the 49ers intend to...as a one gap nose
4) Adding another pass rusher in FA. Barwin, Osi, Elvis, Seymour
5) keeping our two premium draft picks that got us Alex Smith.

I hope I'm wrong, but I see these as game changers.

Bookmark this ****er

BossChief 03-17-2013 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9510044)

Thanks for playing...

He ran a 4.56 before they made it an official 4.59.

Simply Red 03-17-2013 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9509446)
Rivers was awful last year. Purely awful.

I use purely awful too - love the two words together - positive feedback.

Mav 03-17-2013 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9510031)

Alex Smith will have less than 3200 yards passing here...easy...Geno will surpass that if he's a day 1 starter.

lol, do you realize what you are saying? If alex smith throws for less that 3200 yards, you guys are winning games. Hence, you are ahead, and dont have to rely on alex smith to come back again and again. Or do you think that Andy Reid if you get down by 14 is just going to say, "oh, shucks, well we gave it a great try. we will try to go get them next week! Just keep handing that ball off Alex!"

Hammock Parties 03-17-2013 11:58 PM

I know that you are a stupid bastard with your head way up your ass....

But even YOU should realize 10 of the 12 playoff teams exceeded 3200 yards passing last year.

EVEN THE 49ERS (thanks Colin)

Dumbass.

J Diddy 03-18-2013 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9510273)

But even YOU should realize 10 of the 12 playoff teams exceeded 3200 yards passing last year.

Dumbass.

You're out of your mind if you don't think Reid's pass happy offense isn't exceeding 3200 yards passing.

Mav 03-18-2013 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9510273)

Dumbass.

So, you dont believe you are a playoff team with alex smith? Listen. THis is the bottom line. If you ARENT a playoff team, alex smith will go well past 3200 yards. YOu can call me whatever you want. YOu dont think that alex smith will go over 3200 yards. And i say that if he doesnt, you will make the playoffs. By the way.

IN 2011 did alex smith throw for 3200 yards? Nope, and yet, they made the playoffs.

That hurts dont it.....

Ming the Merciless 03-18-2013 12:24 AM

you realize he has never gone well past 3200 in a season before, in 7 year , right?

Mav 03-18-2013 12:26 AM

ahhh, one more fun one for you Go to hell.

alex smith during the regular season.

218 passes attempted 153 completions, 13 tds. more than colins 10, and only

77 less yards. Tell me again how this is thanks soley to colin?

lol. You dont know shit about alex smith. You constantly use stats from pre harbaugh to explain that why with shitty coaching, alex smith was shitty. Well what about with Good coaching? He was decent.

Do you have good coaching now? Yes, so history says, that alex smith will be fine.

I really dont care what you think, but when you go off attacking me, lol, for stating the obvious, i cant help but embarrass you with facts.

BossChief 03-18-2013 12:27 AM

This will be Alex Smiths 9th year.

Ming the Merciless 03-18-2013 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9510299)
This will be Alex Smiths 9th year.

he missed one season, so hes played 7

Mav 03-18-2013 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9510297)
you realize he has never gone well past 3200 in a season before, in 7 year , right?

well, thats kind of easy to explain actually.

One, Mike Nolan likes to run the ball, fact.

Mike singletary loves to run the ball, fact.

jim harbaugh loves to run the ball, fact.

Andy reid will be the first pass first coach alex has ever had.

HEAD COACH!!!!! so before you guys give me mike mccarthy, and mike martz, remember, alex smith didnt play for martz, and mike mccarthy was under the thumb of mike nolan.

I have NO idea how alex smith is going to do when he is asked to pass more than he is comfortable. My first thought, is a natural disaster. But to assume that a guy cant throw for over 3200 yards, when he was on pace to easily pass that this year, and barely missed it in 2011, is a bit much.

Ming the Merciless 03-18-2013 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9510301)

HEAD COACH!!!!! so before you guys give me mike mccarthy, and mike martz, remember, alex smith didnt play for martz, and mike mccarthy was under the thumb of mike nolan.

I have NO idea how alex smith is going to do when he is asked to pass more than he is comfortable. My first thought, is a natural disaster. But to assume that a guy cant throw for over 3200 yards, when he was on pace to easily pass that this year, and barely missed it in 2011, is a bit much.

he is consistently under 199 ypg

do the math

Simply Red 03-18-2013 12:33 AM

Quote:

we are screwed and we will only win six games this year.

Ming the Merciless 03-18-2013 12:33 AM

Quote:

guess why every coach loved to run with a junk qb?

guess reid will love to run in 2013?

Mav 03-18-2013 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9510304)

is that the 2 draft pick question......

Alex Smith is honestly the last person on the earth that I would think a guy like Andy Reid would want.......

Apparently, he sees, and knows something that you and I have completely missed.

Easy 6 03-18-2013 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9510298)
ahhh, one more fun one for you Go to hell.

alex smith during the regular season.

218 passes attempted 153 completions, 13 tds. more than colins 10, and only

77 less yards. Tell me again how this is thanks soley to colin?

lol. You dont know shit about alex smith. You constantly use stats from pre harbaugh to explain that why with shitty coaching, alex smith was shitty. Well what about with Good coaching? He was decent.

Do you have good coaching now? Yes, so history says, that alex smith will be fine.

I really dont care what you think, but when you go off attacking me, lol, for stating the obvious, i cant help but embarrass you with facts.

Axl, the crying sig totally gives you away, all of that bitterness needed an outlet, didn't it Bob... but this new, much more understated style suits you so much better, its a lot easier to make a point when you're not screaming to yourself.

Keep getting your ideas heard without the bombast or noise, that's the real trick.

Ming the Merciless 03-18-2013 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9510305)
is that the 2 draft pick question......

Alex Smith is honestly the last person on the earth that I would think a guy like Andy Reid would want.......

Apparently, he sees, and knows something that you and I have completely missed.

Or he just signed a mediocre Qb stop gap game manager because there weren't any other good options for2013

J Diddy 03-18-2013 01:43 AM

Quote:

Silly. He just said hey on that trade to change his stripes.

J Diddy 03-18-2013 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9510323)
Or he just signed a mediocre Qb stop gap game manager because there weren't any other good options for2013

Garrard was available, other options at qb were available including Matt Cassel (despite the hate, Reid would make Cassel look good), Garrard and cheaper trade options.

Face it. He legitimately likes Alex despite how that makes you feel.

splatbass 03-18-2013 01:58 AM

Quote:

Every one of those coaches loves to run regardless of who the QB is. Hell, Singletary had Jimmy Raye as OC. You remember him, the king of run/run/pass/punt football?

OrtonsPiercedTaint 03-18-2013 06:03 AM

Smith is Matt Cassel and Brodie Croyle rolled into one. Alex never stays healthy long enough for bad Croyssel to get fully exposed. The best we can hope for is that Chase Daniel is a mix of Gannon and Thigpen. Ten games a season is A Smith's high end average.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-18-2013 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9510031)

Under Reid? I seriously doubt he changes his entire philosophy. Alex will certainly be throwing it more than he did in Frisco.

ayleswbj 03-18-2013 07:27 AM

They traded for Alex because every scout for every franchise knows that the QB's in this class are weak weak weak. Yes Geno can go #1 or in the top 10, put him in anyother class Im not sure he would have gotten drafted ahead of Ponder, Locker or Gabbert. He is about the same. The Chiefs are smart, they will win games also next years QB class is gonna be off the charts. Teddy Bridgewater and Taj Boyd make Geno look like Akili Smith. You have David Fales from SJS, Aaaron Murry georgia, Logan Thomas, Geno Smith wouldnt get drafted before any of these guys. Why reach, when you can wait, build a team and then get your QB of the future.

ayleswbj 03-18-2013 07:40 AM

I keep reading 3200 yrds, 3200 yrds, STATS ARE FOR LOSERS!! Who cares if smith does or doesnt throw for 3200. If your record is 10-6 or 11-5 or better and make the playoffs are ya'll gonna moan because he didnt do it with more passing yards. I feel to many fans have been bottom dwelling for to long and cant quite find their way out of the gutter. Chiefs have been losing so long its like you say " well at least our guy threw for 300 yrds today or at least he got to 4000 yrds passing," on a 2-14 team or 6-10. So Smith throws for 199, the Chiefs win, he manages the game or whatever you want to say. WINS WINS WINS, there is and never will be anything else.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-18-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayleswbj (Post 9510423)
They traded for Alex because every scout for every franchise knows that the QB's in this class are weak weak weak. Yes Geno can go #1 or in the top 10, put him in anyother class Im not sure he would have gotten drafted ahead of Ponder, Locker or Gabbert. He is about the same. The Chiefs are smart, they will win games also next years QB class is gonna be off the charts. Teddy Bridgewater and Taj Boyd make Geno look like Akili Smith. You have David Fales from SJS, Aaaron Murry georgia, Logan Thomas, Geno Smith wouldnt get drafted before any of these guys. Why reach, when you can wait, build a team and then get your QB of the future.

Must be a Alice fan; you dont know QB's worth a ****.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties 03-18-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayleswbj (Post 9510443)
I keep reading 3200 yrds, 3200 yrds, STATS ARE FOR LOSERS!! Who cares if smith does or doesnt throw for 3200. If your record is 10-6 or 11-5 or better and make the playoffs are ya'll gonna moan because he didnt do it with more passing yards. I feel to many fans have been bottom dwelling for to long and cant quite find their way out of the gutter. Chiefs have been losing so long its like you say " well at least our guy threw for 300 yrds today or at least he got to 4000 yrds passing," on a 2-14 team or 6-10. So Smith throws for 199, the Chiefs win, he manages the game or whatever you want to say. WINS WINS WINS, there is and never will be anything else.

If Alex Smith never exceeds 3,200 yards passing here, the Chiefs will never win a playoff game.

Mav 03-18-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9511441)
Posted via Mobile Device

says the idiot with geno smith in his avatar. You are the expert on qbs apparently.......

Mav 03-18-2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9511464)
If Alex Smith never exceeds 3,200 yards passing here, the Chiefs will never win a playoff game.

Shrugs, there is a chance if he throws for 4000, you will never win a playoff game. So what the hells the difference. the last two years the 49ers as a team threw for right around that, in 2011, and 2012, and played in the nfccg, and the super bowl. But, go ahead nostradumbass, tell us again how only throwing for 4000k + wins the super bowl. pssstttt. joe flacco threw for 3800 yards and won the super bowl.......

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-18-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9511472)
says the idiot with geno smith in his avatar. You are the expert on qbs apparently.......

I'm not sorry if you are too ****ing reeruned and lip-locked to Alice's bruised vagina to understand that Geno is the better man, but you soon will.
Posted via Mobile Device

KCDC 03-18-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayleswbj (Post 9510423)

Answer: scouts and GMs are coming to realize after his pro day that Geno is better than they credited.

The signing of Alex Smith means we go 8-8 this season. That could easily translate into a pick somewhere between 15-20 in next year's draft.

Teddy and Taj will be picked #1 and #2 by the teams holding those picks (who finished that low because they had suckage at QB). Even if one were silly enough to trade, they would not trade down with a team holding the #16 pick. They would trade down with someone have a top 5 pick. So, we have no chance.

You, obviously, have been a Chiefs fan for less than 40 years. This is why we never get a QB. When a good one comes, we can't (or are unwilling to) pay the price to move up. When we do get the #1 pick and can select a QB who is a top 10 talent by anyone in the know now, we decide to pass, kling to a below average QB that will ensure nothing but that we will pick between #15-20 every year so that we cannot get a premier QB. Instead, we will be forced to take chances on Brodie Croyles and Tyler Thigpens in later rounds, in hopes that one turns out to be Russell Wilson.

No thanks.

Hammock Parties 03-18-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9511478)
pssstttt. joe flacco threw for 3800 yards and won the super bowl.......

If Alex Smith hits 3,800 yards passing I'll be pleasantly surprised.

The fact of the matter is he has never shown the ability to do that.

ayleswbj 03-18-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9511441)
Posted via Mobile Device

Geno Smith who i like, could not carry Teddy Bridgewater or Taj Boyd's jock strap on the field. Or 3 of the other QBs coming out next year. They are far superior QB's. Chiefs organization making all the right moves, there is a reason Geno Smith had to play at West Virginia and didnt get offers from the likes of all the other big schools besides florida state and alabama. He knew he wouldnt beat out Aj Mcarons or even EJ manuel. Be happy you are not starting a rookie QB. Or are you just so used to this by now that its all you know. You must be a Jamarcus Russell fan, come on you can say it. Russell, Akili Smith, Blaine Gabbert, Jake Locker, GENO SMITH. No difference. Hell Pat White was better than Geno.

BigRedChief 03-18-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCDC (Post 9511562)
Answer: scouts and GMs are coming to realize after his pro day that Geno is better than they credited.

The signing of Alex Smith means we go 8-8 this season. That could easily translate into a pick somewhere between 15-20 in next year's draft.

Teddy and Taj will be picked #1 and #2 by the teams holding those picks (who finished that low because they had suckage at QB). Even if one were silly enough to trade, they would not trade down with a team holding the #16 pick. They would trade down with someone have a top 5 pick. So, we have no chance.

You, obviously, have been a Chiefs fan for less than 40 years. This is why we never get a QB. When a good one comes, we can't (or are unwilling to) pay the price to move up. When we do get the #1 pick and can select a QB who is a top 10 talent by anyone in the know now, we decide to pass, kling to a below average QB that will ensure nothing but that we will pick between #15-20 every year so that we cannot get a premier QB. Instead, we will be forced to take chances on Brodie Croyles and Tyler Thigpens in later rounds, in hopes that one turns out to be Russell Wilson.

No thanks.

As a fan for over 40 years, I still am not swayed. I have a different opinion than you on your interpretation of the facts.

ayleswbj 03-18-2013 04:57 PM

[QUOTE=KCDC;9511562]Answer: scouts and GMs are coming to realize after his pro day that Geno is better than they credited.

No thanks.[/QUO

You cant be serious, after Alex Smith pro day scouts and GM's compared it to the most perfect pro day anyone has ever seen. Troy Aikman 89'. Which is exactly why he went #1. Pro days dont have shit to do with it. Scouts and Gm's watch tape, tape, tape. Its about what you do in game situations, and Geno was great at the beginning, then he was just an avg qb on a 7-6 team. Nothing special which is what you guys are used to, so draft him i guess

KurtCobain 03-18-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9511567)
If Alex Smith hits 3,800 yards passing I'll be pleasantly surprised.

The fact of the matter is he has never shown the ability to do that.

He's going to blow up this year. MVP numbers. The talent, the potential, the skills, the intelligence. It's all there.

ayleswbj 03-18-2013 05:01 PM

Most Chiefs fans here are from Missouri I take it? Are ya'll really gonna tell me that Geno Smith is better than Blaine Gabbert? This guy had every tool. 6'5 240lbs an can run! You all saw him play at Missouri. Geno is not Blaine

RealSNR 03-18-2013 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9511572)
As a fan for over 40 years, I still am not swayed. I have a different opinion than you on your interpretation of the facts.

Interpretation doesn't mean anything.

For whatever reason, this franchise has convinced itself that drafting a QB must only be done when the time, place, situation, players, coaching staff, existing personnel, alignment of the Earth with Saturn, and mood is EXACTLY right.

Carl was a ****head who probably would have traded away the #1 overall pick in 2012. He hated drafting and starting rookie QBs that goddamned much. Pioli was an ego-maniacal jackass who wanted all the great QBs to come to him... HE didn't want to have to risk more than he had to in order to unseat his precious Matty.

So far the draft reports coming out are that there ARE, in fact, many coaches interested in Geno Smith as a potential franchise QB. He appears to be "good enough" for our QB situation (or lack thereof). We even hired a self-proclaimed QB guru as head coach.

Is the next coach/GM we hire going to do the exact same ****ing thing?

RealSNR 03-18-2013 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayleswbj (Post 9511589)
Most Chiefs fans here are from Missouri I take it? Are ya'll really gonna tell me that Geno Smith is better than Blaine Gabbert? This guy had every tool. 6'5 240lbs an can run! You all saw him play at Missouri. Geno is not Blaine

Geno Smith actually has a live and accurate arm capable of completing any NFL throw. Gabbert was a skittish and raw QB who needed lots of coaching and time on the bench, which he never got in Jacksonville.

DaneMcCloud 03-18-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapist (Post 9511590)
Is the next coach/GM we hire going to do the exact same ****ing thing?

If it's mandated by Clark Hunt, the answer is yes.

Hammock Parties 03-18-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by something cooler (Post 9511585)
He's going to blow up this year. MVP numbers. The talent, the potential, the skills, the intelligence. It's all there.

http://i.imgur.com/bBwVMIS.gif

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-18-2013 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by something cooler (Post 9511585)

bwahahahahahahaha no.
Posted via Mobile Device

ayleswbj 03-18-2013 05:08 PM

You must be crazy to say Gabbert doesnt have a live arm, why in the world do you think he shot up draft boards and went so high? Dont forget he played in the same gimmikie offense Gabbert did. Accuracy is questionable. Again, i go back to pedigree. There is a reason he wasnt highly recruited and why he didnt take the scholarships to Flordia State or Alabama. You may be a Chiefs fan, but people who follow high school football all knew about Geno Smith and many were shocked he took a scholarship to West Virginia. Not many schools thought much of him. He didnt think much of himself to beat out Aj or Ej

Sorter 03-18-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayleswbj (Post 9511617)
You must be crazy to say Gabbert doesnt have a live arm, why in the world do you think he shot up draft boards and went so high? Dont forget he played in the same gimmikie offense Gabbert did. Accuracy is questionable. Again, i go back to pedigree. There is a reason he wasnt highly recruited and why he didnt take the scholarships to Flordia State or Alabama. You may be a Chiefs fan, but people who follow high school football all knew about Geno Smith and many were shocked he took a scholarship to West Virginia. Not many schools thought much of him. He didnt think much of himself to beat out Aj or Ej

Except this tiny little school called Alabama.

They're not very well known.

ayleswbj 03-18-2013 05:24 PM

And he chose not to go there, Why? Aj Mcarons!! Which is why he settled for WV , which is why he is part of the weakest QB draft in years.

ayleswbj 03-18-2013 05:26 PM

QB's choose to go where they get playing time. WV isnt exactly a QB factory

ayleswbj 03-18-2013 05:33 PM

Hey this is just my opinion on Geno, I am not playing Devil advocate. I just dont see what all the Chiefs fans see. I see a guy who doesnt scramble very well, played in a gimmick offense. Didnt do anything special to make his team really very good. ex 7-6. Yes he ran the spread pretty well, but he doesnt take a snap from center, he is barely 6'2, his accuracy is questionable until he starts playing in a pro=style offense. no way would i risk the top pick for him. I think you can get 10 guys like geno in the 2-5 round

AlexSmithDynasty 03-18-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCDC (Post 9511562)

No thanks.

If any scout or GM is swayed just because of a pro day where a qb is throwing uncovered scripted routes that he prepared for with his receivers, with no pass rush they should not be GM's or scouts. A pro day for a qb is pretty much them just playing catch, the truth is all on film, the only reason you're hearing more about him now is because the draft is coming up and he's probably the most high profile player just because he's a qb, and surely some desperate franchise like a Jacksonville, Buffalo, or Oakland will reach for him. That doesn't change the fact that he's a Ponder, Gabbert, Locker, etc.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-18-2013 05:43 PM

Would anyone pick Alice number one overall? Answer: no.
Posted via Mobile Device

AlexSmithDynasty 03-18-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9511716)
Posted via Mobile Device

Except they did...

Beeker 03-18-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9499611)
Not just last year.

In the last 6 years, we've had the 1st overall pick, the 3rd overall pick, the 5th overall pick TWICE, and the 11th overall pick.

One of those guys isn't even on the team anymore, another probably shouldn't be, one is likely about to be the first RT ever taken 1st overall in NFL history, one was unimpressive against insurance salesmen in college, and one might eventually become an impact player.

5 picks that should have been franchise-altering, and MAYBE one difference maker in the bunch.

And one of those #5 picks is now with the 49ers :D

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-18-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexSmithDynasty (Post 9511732)
Except they did...

Would they today, even if he were fresh out of college? Answer: No.
Posted via Mobile Device

AlexSmithDynasty 03-18-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9511752)
Posted via Mobile Device

Smith was never a Manning/Luck/RG3 type prospect but he would definitely be the top qb in this year's draft class if he were fresh out of college.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-18-2013 05:57 PM

The Alex Smith fanboys would pick him, strip him down, and commence the sword fight.

SAUTO 03-18-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9511716)
Posted via Mobile Device

To be absolutely fair someone already did
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 03-18-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexSmithDynasty (Post 9511762)
Smith was never a Manning/Luck/RG3 type prospect but he would definitely be the top qb in this year's draft class if he were fresh out of college.

I would say him and Geno would be neck and neck right out of college
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 03-18-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9511766)
The Alex Smith fanboys would pick him, strip him down, and commence the sword fight.

Be honest...

You want in on it don't you?
Posted via Mobile Device

Pasta Little Brioni 03-18-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9511798)
Be honest...

You want in on it don't you?
Posted via Mobile Device

:drool:

Mav 03-18-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9511752)
Posted via Mobile Device

Why not? In this draft this year? Playing it that way, you wouldnt know that without a perfect scenario he couldnt succeed. He did nothing in college to show he couldnt play. Thats hateristic non sense.

Mav 03-18-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9511795)
I would say him and Geno would be neck and neck right out of college
Posted via Mobile Device

yeah, hey would........Guess who andy would want?

Mav 03-18-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9511766)

Great, now you are gonna get sour pickled willy in here slobbering all over Geno and the thought that he could sword fight with his man crush.....