ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life New Dating Megathread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270679)

luv 04-10-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9574655)
Why the **** would you do that?

Why not if you don't want [more] kids?

Buck 04-10-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9574731)
Just curious. How many dates did you go on that didn't involve sex? And by dates, I mean going out.

Maybe it was just an attraction thing that just wore out?

The Franchise 04-10-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9574765)

How many times have you gone out overall?

Hammock Parties 04-10-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9574643)
Based on back and forth texts that I initiated this morning, I don't think its going to last much longer.

We'll see.

small weiner, eh?

Buck 04-10-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9574768)
How many times have you gone out overall?

I don't know? Maybe 8 times.

The Franchise 04-10-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9574786)
I don't know? Maybe 8 times.

Maybe it was just a physical thing for you both......no big deal.

Hammock Parties 04-10-2013 12:25 PM

Buy her some shit and satisfy her gold digging lust.

She's been putting out like mad and expects something shiny now.

Buck 04-10-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9574795)
Buy her some shit and satisfy her gold digging lust.

She's been putting out like mad and expects something shiny now.

What are you talking about? I'm the one with the issue...

Hammock Parties 04-10-2013 12:30 PM

Oh. Well congrats. I didn't think she was that pretty anyway. Hit it and quit it, son!

DaKCMan AP 04-10-2013 12:38 PM

Had long phone conversations the past 3 nights with the girl I've been dating. She's in Jax this week for work. On Friday I fly to NO and she gets back. Flowers set for delivery that afternoon. I'll be partying it up this weekend while she has a half marathon scheduled.

We'll get back together Monday or Tuesday night for Date #5 before she goes to Orlando for work on Thurs-Fri and has a friend in town Sat-Sun.

So after April 21 I think we'll both finally be in town for a bit where we can spend some weekends together.

Buck 04-10-2013 12:55 PM

I think that I might have just had a bad morning and made a dumb decision because now I feel shitty as hell.

Canofbier 04-10-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9574832)
Had long phone conversations the past 3 nights with the girl I've been dating. She's in Jax this week for work. On Friday I fly to NO and she gets back. Flowers set for delivery that afternoon. I'll be partying it up this weekend while she has a half marathon scheduled.

We'll get back together Monday or Tuesday night for Date #5 before she goes to Orlando for work on Thurs-Fri and has a friend in town Sat-Sun.

So after April 21 I think we'll both finally be in town for a bit where we can spend some weekends together.

Awesome. Nice touch with the flowers.

Hammock Parties 04-10-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9574908)
I think that I might have just had a bad morning and made a dumb decision because now I feel shitty as hell.

Dumb decision?

KurtCobain 04-10-2013 01:02 PM

I ****ed up with my situation. I confronted her and turns out I'm an idiot.

patteeu 04-10-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by something cooler (Post 9574953)

The signs were all there when you turned to ChiefsPlanet for relationship advice.

Buck 04-10-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Join the club!

SAUTO 04-10-2013 01:19 PM

all you dumbasses need to just chill out and let things go how they will...

SAUTO 04-10-2013 01:19 PM

you all seem to be your own worst enemies

Frosty 04-10-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9575009)
all you dumbasses need to just chill out and let things go how they will...

No kidding. I did the same thing once (panicked and broke up) with an amazing girl and regretted it for a long time. Then I almost did the same thing later on but stuck that one out. A year later, we married and just celebrated our 24th anniversary.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-10-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9574958)
The signs were all there when you turned to ChiefsPlanet for relationship advice.

Heh, he keeps listening to CP he'll be dating a one eyed midget

Titty Meat 04-10-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9574643)
Based on back and forth texts that I initiated this morning, I don't think its going to last much longer.

We'll see.

You're overthinking.

Ecto-I 04-10-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

I'm a little confused. So you had one mediocre hang out with her and you're ready to call it? I mean, you guys haven't been seeing each other that long so it's surprising that this could happen, and better for it to be earlier than later.

I got broken up with this week by the girl I've been seeing for a little over a month. Still feels shitty, but better now than in six months.

So do you feel shitty because she feels bad or because you're reconsidering? If you're reconsidering, then you can easily turn that boat around because she still likes you (right? it sounds like you're the one ending this).

KurtCobain 04-10-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9574988)
Join the club!

Hey asshole, this is your fault. Seriously. You gave me shitty advice. And when dakcman talks about being awesome from now on I am going to be less inclined to believe he is.

Hammock Parties 04-10-2013 01:44 PM

My guess is she was flaky/boring/mind elsewhere on the phone and Buck is butthurt about it.

ARE YOU A LIL HIGH MAINTENANCE BUCK?

JUST TAKE THIS BITCH OUT TO DINNER AND MOVIES AND LET HER SLOB YOUR KNOB, WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?

DaKCMan AP 04-10-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by something cooler (Post 9575071)
Hey asshole, this is your fault. Seriously. You gave me shitty advice. And when dakcman talks about being awesome from now on I am going to be less inclined to believe he is.

My Awesome advice is worth every cent you paid for it. It's up to you to employ Awesome execution of said advice.

tooge 04-10-2013 01:45 PM

you sowed your seed enough to spread your gene pool around, so naturally, you are ready to conquer another chick. Its biological, don't feel so bad.

Buck 04-10-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by something cooler (Post 9575071)

Really? **** dude, I don't know what I said that was bad, but I'm sorry.

If you want pm me.

KurtCobain 04-10-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9575088)
Really? **** dude, I don't know what I said that was bad, but I'm sorry.

If you want pm me.

I'm just ****ing around with you.

I took the advice to ask her what was going on and be up front with my feelings. Bad idea.

luv 04-10-2013 01:51 PM

I think one thing I've learned, and that others probably need to realize, is that dating does not mean you're in a relationship. May just be me, but if you go from one date out to sleeping over or going to the other person's place every time, then you're trying too hard to jump to relationship status. Unless you're just in it for the hook up, dating should be a fun time getting to know each other with sex thrown in. Not vice versa.

#JMO #StillSingle :)

DaKCMan AP 04-10-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9575109)
I think one thing I've learned, and that others probably need to realize, is that dating does not mean you're in a relationship. May just be me, but if you go from one date out to sleeping over or going to the other person's place every time, then you're trying too hard to jump to relationship status. Unless you're just in it for the hook up, dating should be a fun time getting to know each other with sex thrown in. Not vice versa.

This was in the WSJ today:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...?mod=djemITP_h

Quote:

Give Monogamy a Chance
Students, who in class recognize the ethical imperative not to use other people as means to an end, do so every night in their dorms..

By EMILY ESFAHANI SMITH

The hit HBO series "Girls," which is wildly popular with 20-something audiences, is also notorious for its frank portrayals of the dark side of the casual-sex culture reigning among America's young adults. In the first season of the show, the main character, Hannah (played by Lena Dunham), finds herself in a dysfunctional relationship with an actor, Adam, whom she regularly sleeps with but isn't dating in the traditional sense. She really likes him, though, so she asks him one day, during intercourse, "You want me to call you?" His response is to push her head down into a pillow.

For decades now, young women have been taught by popular culture that casual sex is supposed to be liberating. Shows like "Sex and the City" sent the message that promiscuity was at worst no big deal and at best empowering. But stories like those on "Girls," and those in Donna Freitas's illuminating new book, "The End of Sex," suggest that for many young women it proves instead to be dehumanizing. Using extensive survey research and dozens of interviews with young men and women on college campuses across the country, Ms. Freitas explodes the myth of the "harmless hookup."

The hookup, as Ms. Freitas defines it, is meant to be "an efficient form of sexual interaction." To qualify, a sexual encounter must be brief—lasting "as short as a few minutes to as long as several hours over a single night"—and it must be "purely physical in nature." One freshman at a Catholic college sums it up this way for the author: "There are no strings. You just do it, you're done, and you can forget about it." Among its practitioners, first base is tonsil-hockey and home plate is learning each other's names, as Tom Wolfe put it over a decade ago. The point is simply to have sex (often very bad sex) with no emotional bond formed with one's partner. The basic human desire to love and be loved is a sign of weakness here, and traditional courtship—exchanging high-fives over a game of beer-pong doesn't count—has no role.

A professor of religious studies at Boston University, Ms. Freitas draws a portrait of life on campus in which sex is almost completely decoupled from eroticism. One college woman describes juggling three men at once; a male student admits that a hookup is just a "trial run" for a date; a third student explains that oral sex is "almost expected" in a hookup: "People have these urges and they are trying to satisfy them." Sex on campus, writes the author, has been reduced to a solitary and selfish act—basically, onanism "with another person present."

In other words, many college students, who in philosophy class would surely recognize the ethical imperative not to use other people as means to an end, do so every night in their dorms. This selfishness is why, as Ms. Freitas argues, the hookup culture is intimately related to sexual assault. In both, one person uses another to satisfy a sexual or social desire without any regard for what that other person wants, needs or feels. Once alcohol is added to the mix, and there is plenty of it in the hookup culture, consent becomes a murky issue.

According to various academic studies, 65% to 75% of undergraduates report having participated in the hookup culture. But many are troubled by it. In a survey that Ms. Freitas gave to 1,010 students from Catholic and secular institutions, around 50% had reservations about whether casual sex is acceptable. Three quarters of the respondents objected to the notion, central to the hookup culture, that "sex is primarily the taking of pleasure from another person." And contrary to depictions in popular culture, men are just as troubled by casual sex as women are.

So why do they do it? Social pressure plays a large role. But there is something else. College students may not be lusting after sex so much as they are chasing after relationships. In our wider culture, where more and more interactions are occurring via text messages, Facebook, FB +3.97%Twitter and email rather than face-to-face or at the very least on the phone, students are yearning for meaningful connections. Hooking up offers an immediate substitute for the relationships and romance that young people admit they want, but without the constraints and sacrifices that authentic relationships require.

Ms. Freitas's book is a timely and alarming wake-up call to students, college administrators and parents, and she presents a compelling argument against the hookup culture. Less convincing are her ideas for fixing it. The author, whose own thinking is firmly rooted in the feminist left, thinks administrators on campus could do more, for instance, to educate students about healthy sexuality—even though, given the politically correct bureaucrats that administer most campuses, there are already plenty of consciousness-raising events pushing messages that overlap with and complement hookup norms, such as replacing Valentine's Day with "Vagina Week."

In the book's conclusion, Ms. Freitas says that she wants young adults to have "good sex," a category that can include, she suggests, hooking up—as long as students recognize that casual sex is "just one option among many." Yet this jars with the nearly 200 preceding pages on the corrosive effects of casual sex. She also wants students to "feel empowered" by their sexual decisions and to recognize that "it is their right to define what they want out of sex"—even though feminists who champion the hookup culture rely on the same rhetoric. Their ideas about liberation and empowerment, like the hookup culture itself, treat human sexuality as a social and political battlefield. In the end, though, sex isn't a political act, nor is it about empowerment. It is one part of a complete relationship between two people. Meaningful sex is grounded in love and commitment, not power—an insight students seem to intuitively grasp, even if they don't act on it.

Ms. Esfahani Smith is an associate editor of the New Criterion and editor of the pop-culture blog Acculturated.

A version of this article appeared April 10, 2013, on page A11 in the U.S. edition of The Wall Street Journal, with the headline: Give Monogamy A Chance.

KurtCobain 04-10-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

I think this is a great statement. I hate when people use hash tags outside of Twitter, though.

Hammock Parties 04-10-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

If you put it in her ass are you in a relationship then?

ghak99 04-10-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9575124)
If you put it in her ass are you in a relationship then?

For as long as it's in there you are. LMAO

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 04-10-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

yeah. what did you say?

ThaVirus 04-10-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9574832)
We'll get back together Monday or Tuesday night for Date #5 before she goes to Orlando for work on Thurs-Fri.

Abooouuttt that...

Fish 04-10-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

I don't think you can put methods or constraints on it at all. Everybody's different, and each relationship is different. You're never going to apply any set method to a range of different people. One date out to sleeping over may be exactly what works for some people. Neither way is right or wrong. Either way could bring the relationship to a higher level.

Dating should simply be whatever brings enjoyment to the both of you while you're together. No rules or methods. It's not a 12 step program.

DaKCMan AP 04-10-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9575326)
Abooouuttt that...

LMAO

patteeu 04-10-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9575374)
I don't think you can put methods or constraints on it at all. Everybody's different, and each relationship is different. You're never going to apply any set method to a range of different people. One date out to sleeping over may be exactly what works for some people. Neither way is right or wrong. Either way could bring the relationship to a higher level.

Dating should simply be whatever brings enjoyment to the both of you while you're together. No rules or methods. It's not a 12 step program.

Don't listen to Fish, people. There's definitely a method that you have to figure out. Good luck. It's tricky.

SAUTO 04-10-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

spot on. Great post
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties 04-10-2013 05:39 PM

Buck do you even like art? This artsy-fartsy girl probably isn't a good match if not.

There's this girl I've always been attracted to, and she chased me for awhile, but I just shut her down. Why? Because she was so into going into music shows and music scenes and all that garbage I knew it would never work. Especially since she isn't into sports, at all.

Buck 04-10-2013 05:56 PM

I like art, I like her, we don't have a lot in common though. I guess that is what's bugging me.

I sent her a message saying I can't hang out at night anymore, and she took it as I was breaking up with her. That's not really what I was saying when I sent it because I didn't want to straight break it off.

Then I felt like shit for a few hours, then she sent me a message saying she was going to fight for me. Then she sent me another message saying that she went back and read my first message and that she totally misinterpreted it.

So pretty much I've ran the full gamut of shitty feelings today, but at least now I know she knows what I was trying to say to her.

Hammock Parties 04-10-2013 06:03 PM

You need to clarify your statement. You can hang out at night on the weekends so let her know.

lewdog 04-10-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9575619)
I like art, I like her, we don't have a lot in common though. I guess that is what's bugging me.

I sent her a message saying I can't hang out at night anymore, and she took it as I was breaking up with her. That's not really what I was saying when I sent it because I didn't want to straight break it off.

Then I felt like shit for a few hours, then she sent me a message saying she was going to fight for me. Then she sent me another message saying that she went back and read my first message and that she totally misinterpreted it.

So pretty much I've ran the full gamut of shitty feelings today, but at least now I know she knows what I was trying to say to her.

Your first mistake, texting her something like that which you know should would misinterpret through text. Biggest thing I learned through my 20's was when you get serious with someone, just talk about it. Text ****s up so many things besides lining up plans or just saying hello.

Guess you aren't perfect, Buck.

Buck 04-10-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9575645)
Your first mistake, texting her something like that which you know should would misinterpret through text. Biggest thing I learned through my 20's was when you get serious with someone, just talk about it. Text ****s up so many things besides lining up plans or just saying hello.

Guess you aren't perfect, Buck.

If there's anything I took away from this, that is it.

Discuss Thrower 04-10-2013 06:10 PM

Good news: got a hunnie's phone number.
Neutral news: it was related to class
Ungood news: she has a boyfriend

Hammock Parties 04-10-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 9575665)

Beta male

KurtCobain 04-10-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 9575665)

So not really good news at all?

Dayze 04-10-2013 06:26 PM

There's only one thing left to do. Kill the boyfriend and turn his hide into seat covers for your new girlfriend

Discuss Thrower 04-10-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by something cooler (Post 9575694)
So not really good news at all?

Technically, it's a good thing because it's the first digits I've got in a while.

Hammock Parties 04-10-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 9575730)
Technically, it's a good thing because it's the first digits I've got in a while.

Pic of you? Pic of boyfriend?

luv 04-10-2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Here I thought I was removing constraints. I guess I just suck at saying what it is I'm trying to say. If you took it as me saying that's the only method, and not just trying to suggest a different way of approaching it to people who seem to be trying things I've been trying for forever that obviously haven't worked, then I'm definitely misspeaking. Also, there was a point to my "hash tags".

KurtCobain 04-10-2013 06:32 PM

They were nice hash tags, don't get me wrong.

Discuss Thrower 04-10-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9575751)
Pic of you? Pic of boyfriend?

100% objective, he's better looking than I and probably isn't the cynical asshole that I am. Also, she seems incredibly nice and never cusses. That ****ing shit won't work with a horrible **** such as myself.

luv 04-10-2013 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 9575791)
100% objective, he's better looking than I and probably isn't the cynical asshole that I am. Also, she seems incredibly nice and never cusses. That ****ing shit won't work with a horrible **** such as myself.

Hmmm. I thought **** was one of those words that was filtered no matter what setting you're using.

Just an observation. Carry on.

Discuss Thrower 04-10-2013 06:41 PM

I'm a little confused by the filter myself.

patteeu 04-10-2013 06:44 PM

This is for those of you who have given up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuYNcbpqQkg&sns=em

Hammock Parties 04-10-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 9575791)

Ignore this bitch.

Discuss Thrower 04-10-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9575829)
Ignore this bitch.

No worries. I just dropped off a job application this afternoon that will hopefully allow me to quit my attempt at getting a second degree and then I'll never see her again.

Her or another girl who's pretty cute and is pretty flirty with me it seems like, but she too is dating someone else. First good looking Trekkie I've run across but them's the breaks, ya know?

ThaVirus 04-10-2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9575619)
then she sent me a message saying she was going to fight for me.

Sounds like the plot of The Notebook or some shit.

You gonna put her to the test, bro? Make her fight for ya?

Spott 04-10-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9574655)
Why the **** would you do that?

Because I didn't want any more kids and my insurance paid for it. One was enough for me. Haven't regretted it one bit since I did it.

DaKCMan AP 04-10-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9575645)

Yep. I'm really into the girl I've started dating and probably the best reason things are going so well is our communication is great. We talk a lot in person & on the phone. Texting is probably a distant 3rd form of communication for us at this point.

Lumpy 04-10-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

WTF happened?

Also, I don't want to hear you giving me shit about my advice. It was solid, but you could have hit her with the "serious stuff" at the wrong time. It's all about timing.

For instance, I just watched "Sleepless In Seattle" on Netflix and that movie is all about timing. Yep, I watched a chick flick and now I'm all hormonal... and shit. :)

KurtCobain 04-10-2013 08:52 PM

Ftr I was joking when I was blaming buck and awesomeboy.

I did heed the planets advice and brought up my feelings, unfortunately I did not make the decision to do that until I was pretty ****ing drunk.

Lumpy 04-10-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by something cooler (Post 9576442)
Ftr I was joking when I was blaming buck and awesomeboy.

I did heed the planets advice and brought up my feelings, unfortunately I did not make the decision to do that until I was pretty ****ing drunk.

:facepalm: Damn it, Joey. Yeah, you were just a bit off on your timing.

Serious Talks - Sober

Yelling her name in the heat of the moment and not giving a shit about serious stuff - Drunk

KurtCobain 04-10-2013 09:03 PM

Well, buck made a good point earlier, atleast I went into it with honesty. Drunk Joey is horrifically blatantly honest. Tipsy Joey wonders if you and Gonzo have every tried oral sex with ice cubes.

Anyways, with the girl, I ended up getting way too emotional.

Lumpy 04-10-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by something cooler (Post 9576551)
Well, buck made a good point earlier, atleast I went into it with honesty. Drunk Joey is horrifically blatantly honest. Tipsy Joey wonders if you and Gonzo have every tried oral sex with ice cubes.

Anyways, with the girl, I ended up getting way too emotional.

WTF? ROFL

As for the other stuff... you were "too emotional"? I'm not sure what that means. Care to elaborate?

Discuss Thrower 04-10-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumpy (Post 9576587)
WTF? ROFL

As for the other stuff... you were "too emotional"? I'm not sure what that means. Care to elaborate?

He cared too much?

Lumpy 04-10-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 9576615)
He cared too much?

Obviously. But why would that screw up things with her? Unless, maybe she can't be with a man that shows his sensitive side?

SAUTO 04-10-2013 09:25 PM

Sounds like he was drunk, started telling her how he felt, then went into how every other girl has ****ed him over, all the while crying...

She ran away I'm betting.

Dude take lump's advice. Don't talk serious shit drunk.
Posted via Mobile Device

Discuss Thrower 04-10-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumpy (Post 9576696)
Obviously. But why would that screw up things with her? Unless, maybe she can't be with a man that shows his sensitive side?

Because I'm going to guess that being easily available isn't a turn on to a lot of people?

Lumpy 04-10-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9576756)
Sounds like he was drunk, started telling her how he felt, then went into how every other girl has ****ed him over, all the while crying...

She ran away I'm betting.

Dude take lump's advice. Don't talk serious shit drunk.
Posted via Mobile Device

That was my guess. Either that or he was crying with an ice tray in his hand and it freaked her the hell out. :shrug:

KurtCobain 04-10-2013 11:20 PM

No, I never bring up my old relationships.

Lumpy, honestly looking back at it I don't see why I ended up acting like I did. I was pretty far drunk when she texted me and I told her I had something to tell you and then finally I asked her my question.

http://i.imgur.com/hZ5K8BN.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/9TdJSb2.jpg

The thing is, when I first posted about this on chiefs planet I was pretty sure that she wanted a relationship and I didn't want one. I had the same attitude when I started drinking.

Around the 1151 text is when sloppy confused smiling drunk Joey became whiny little depressed Pity me Bitch Joey. My mind suddenly switched from not wanting a relationship to wanting one and I was offended she didn't. I started being a Dick to everyone around me and I got in my feelings on Facebook saying how said I was and that she didn't like me. Pretty sure she saw those before I deleted them in the morning.

So I dunno what to do.

that one embarrassing text conversation followed by a short embarrassing phone conversation where I called then wouldn't talk and just sounded moody current change the fact we still like hanging out, right?

For some reason I feel like it does. today the only thing she said about it was yes she thought she got too deep... confuses me more because I thought I was the one that got to 'deep'.

Today was the second day in a row where we didn't see other, and before this we hadn't missed a single day since she messaged me on fb four weeks ago (we hadn't talked since October because she was trying to make things work with her kids dad.) Then she called me late and there was lots of awkward silence then we said weed see each other tomorrow.

Then this text

http://i.imgur.com/34AEPaH.jpg

So there's the run down so can i get opinions as to wtf is going on? I'm lost. Is this going to be awkward now? Back to normal? Do you think she is confused with how I responded by being sad/bitchy on Facebook? Is that why she thought she got too 'deep'? I wonder where this is going to go from here... Relationship still possible in the future? I don't know what she qualifies as a relationship... I don't even know if I want to be in one..

I think I'm Way over thinking this, I KNOW, because now I feel stupid about the way I acted and the feelings I had, but could still use some advice.

ThaVirus 04-10-2013 11:42 PM

Dude, she just texted you saying she missed you 3 hours ago.

She still wants the D. You're in the clear.

KurtCobain 04-10-2013 11:45 PM

don't know if she really meant it though

BryanBusby 04-10-2013 11:56 PM

You're really over thinking this.

DaKCMan AP 04-11-2013 05:12 AM

Two things:

1. Common denominator between Buck & Joey miscommunication = text messages. When dealing with feelings, emotion, or serious subjects - talk in person or on the phone. Don't text.

2. Joey is way over-thinking. She still likes you. Keep going.

SAUTO 04-11-2013 06:31 AM

JFC guys you are making things WAY too difficult. just roll with it and have fun.

KurtCobain 04-11-2013 07:08 AM

I'm backing out of this thread, now.

Lumpy 04-11-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9577226)
Two things:

1. Common denominator between Buck & Joey miscommunication = text messages. When dealing with feelings, emotion, or serious subjects - talk in person or on the phone. Don't text.

2. Joey is way over-thinking. She still likes you. Keep going.

THIS.

Texting is no good, Joey. Lots of shit can get misconstrued via text, (or email, for that matter). The only exception is if this is your only form of communication with this girl, (which isn't the case), or if you're going to have a casual discussion.

Try not to overanalyze the situation either. She initiated a conversation and told you that she misses you. It sounds like you're golden.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-11-2013 10:20 AM

Jeez guys, those are things you need to talk about in person lol. Oh how I hate the text, facebook culture.