ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****OFFICIAL Draft Geno Smith Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269031)

Priest31kc 01-26-2013 09:24 PM

Worst possible thing ever would be for us to pass on Geno, take Luke ****ing Joeckel and then watch the Raiders take Geno at #3...

Enduring a painful 2-14 season and finally getting the #1 pick and then passing on Geno and then seeing him go to our hated rival would be just gut wrenching.

KCrockaholic 01-26-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priest31kc (Post 9354117)
Worst possible thing ever would be for us to pass on Geno, take Luke ****ing Joeckel and then watch the Raiders take Geno at #3...

Enduring a painful 2-14 season and finally getting the #1 pick and then passing on Geno and then seeing him go to our hated rival would be just gut wrenching.

I would hate life.

CaliforniaChief 01-26-2013 09:29 PM

God, can we just fast forward to April? This is going to be the longest 3 months we'll ever endure.

milkman 01-26-2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Know where I can get a deal on an AK-47.

I want to proactively prepare for my reaction should that happen.

keg in kc 01-26-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priest31kc (Post 9354092)
Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout
#Raiders: Rumor mill is working through the league that Oakland scouts love Geno Smith. Front office is ready for a new QB.

I've been making this prediction for months: we pass on Smith, draft Joeckel (despite all logic), the Raiders draft Smith, and they own the division for a decade with their new franchise quarterback while we continue to be what we've been for 40 years.

htismaqe 01-26-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9354058)
http://purplejesus.files.wordpress.c...rs-fan-gif.gif

Why are you guys arguing with a Jags fan?

It's a cover.

He can say the same stupid shit he's been saying all along and then whip out the über-passive aggressive card - "I don't care what the Chiefs do, I'm a Jags fan."

I mean ask yourself this: we have another Jags fan on this board who doesn't go on and on about what the Chiefs should do. If he's really a Jags fan, why is he so passionate about what the CHIEFS do?

keg in kc 01-26-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9354150)
It's a cover.

He can say the same stupid shit he's been saying all along and then whip out the über-passive aggressive card - "I don't care what the Chiefs do, I'm a Jags fan."

I mean ask yourself this: we have another Jags fan on this board who doesn't go on and on about what the Chiefs should do. If he's really a Jags fan, why is he so passionate about what the CHIEFS do?

Obviously a mult. There's at least 4 or 5 of them on this thread that are the same guy.

B14ckmon 01-26-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

It's a cover.

I still have no idea why you are being such a douchenozzle. As I stated below;

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9353682)
Gotta draft Geno now. Pray he works out.

Your shit got tangled somewhere back because I have never at any point argued against Geno.

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9354155)
Obviously a mult. There's at least 4 or 5 of them on this thread that are the same guy.

Right. And Obama wants to take your guns and 9/11 was planned by the CIA. And the other "jags fan" is actually just some crazy delusional Tyler Bray fan who thinks the Jaguars might take him but now hopes the Chiefs will.

Chiefshrink 01-26-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9354130)
Know where I can get a deal on an AK-47.

I want to proactively prepare for my reaction should that happen.

I'll need a tank:thumb:

milkman 01-26-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9354169)
I'll need a tank:thumb:

Too impersonal.

keg in kc 01-26-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9354161)
Right. And Obama wants to take your guns and 9/11 was planned by the CIA. And the other "jags fan" is actually just some crazy delusional Tyler Bray fan who thinks the Jaguars might take him but now hopes the Chiefs will.

You might want to start varying your avatars, your handles and your posting style.

CaliforniaChief 01-26-2013 09:54 PM

Is it supposed to be something else?

When I read it, it looks like shorthand for B14 cock man (in a Jamaican accent).

B14ckmon 01-26-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9354190)
You might want to start varying your avatars, your handles and your posting style.

What other Jags fan do I post like? Or has a similar avatar? You are just making shit up now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9354193)
Is it supposed to be something else?

When I read it, it looks like shorthand for B14 cock man (in a Jamaican accent).

Try harder.

mcaj22 01-26-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

its going to be hilarious to see everyone who has loved him instantly flip on him and hate him/bash him cause he was picked by a team they hate lol

-King- 01-26-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

It's a cover.

Eh... he backed it up with his conversations with Setsuna about how Setsuna got kicked out of the Jags message board. If that's part of his cover then the guy is really going all out.

B14ckmon 01-26-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9354205)
Eh... he backed it up with his conversations with Setsuna about how Setsuna got kicked out of the Jags message board. If that's part of his cover then the guy is really going all out.

Like I said in the Wilson thread. I am splitting my time between this forum and the forums of the other teams ahead of the Jaguars in the draft. I did the same thing with Minnesota and Cleveland boards last year to gauge what their fans thought they would do.

This is by far the biggest psychosis cocktail of a forum I have seen yet though. All I did was tell a guy it is stupid to have wanted every other QB coming out to fail just because he liked Geno. Apparently that triggered the Geno Defense Squad alarm.

keg in kc 01-26-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9354199)
What other Jags fan do I post like? Or has a similar avatar? You are just making shit up now.

I never said anything about other Jags fans.

We have a couple of posters who have a history of entertaining themselves and/or sidestepping bans by creating multiple accounts, and you're doing an amazing job of emulating them.

B14ckmon 01-26-2013 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9354211)
I never said anything about other Jags fans.

We have a couple of posters who have a history of entertaining themselves and/or sidestepping bans by creating multiple accounts, and you're doing an amazing job of emulating them.

Then use the report function and let a mod figure it out. The whining cries of "mult" make this seem like some forum 4chan took over like that bodybuilding one.

DaWolf 01-26-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9354140)
I've been making this prediction for months: we pass on Smith, draft Joeckel (despite all logic), the Raiders draft Smith, and they own the division for a decade with their new franchise quarterback while we continue to be what we've been for 40 years.

Which would be interesting because both Dorsey and McKenzie come from the same Packer tree. For us to not draft Geno if he's good enough to go at three would mean that there would have to be a HUGE gap between the 1 and 2 players and Geno (because frankly, if Geno is good enough to go at 3, how can JVille pass on him at 2?)

keg in kc 01-26-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9354215)
Then use the report function and let a mod figure it out. The whining cries of "mult" make this seem like some forum shhhh took over like that bodybuilding one.

I would have to care much, much more than I do for that.

keg in kc 01-26-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaWolf (Post 9354221)
Which would be interesting because both Dorsey and McKenzie come from the same Packer tree. For us to not draft Geno if he's good enough to go at three would mean that there would have to be a HUGE gap between the 1 and 2 players and Geno (because frankly, if Geno is good enough to go at 3, how can JVille pass on him at 2?)

Oh, I agree completely with your logic.

I think 14 years here has conditioned me to expect the worst possible outcome....

I don't think any of the mocks picking Joeckel at one have anything to do with him being that much better than Smith, I think it's just prognoticators who are still in the "a qb bust kills a franchise for a decade, take a tackle it's less risky" mindset of a few years ago. I think Smith should be at the top of our board, I don't think there's any reason he shouldn't be looking at the rest of the class (as a whole, not just at QB), but I just have a hard time convincing myself we won't do the same crap that we always do.

RealSNR 01-26-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9354000)
Yes. It's when Geno kidnapped you, and forced you to watch videos of only the good plays he made, so now he just has to blow a whistle and you return to him on your knees.

Stockholm Syndrome is inadvertent. Victims aren't brainwashed into loving their captors.

****ing moron.

-King- 01-26-2013 10:16 PM

At the end of the day, he's a Jags fan. So who the **** cares about him? People on this forum have a bad habit of having arguments with trolls and people whose opinions shouldn't matter.

DaWolf 01-26-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9354225)
Oh, I agree completely with your logic.

I think 14 years here has conditioned me to expect the worst possible outcome....

I don't think any of the mocks picking Joeckel at one have anything to do with him being that much better than Smith, I think it's just prognoticators who are still in the "a qb bust kills a franchise for a decade, take a tackle it's less risky" mindset of a few years ago. I think Smith should be at the top of our board, I don't think there's any reason he shouldn't be looking at the rest of the class (as a whole, not just at QB), but I just have a hard time convincing myself we won't do the same crap that we always do.

Oh, agree totally. In fact, I expect us to lose Albert, pass on Joekel, and watch us draft a DT.

I won't believe otherwise until I see the ineptitude end.

If Clark Hunt wants to make real change, he needs to pull an Arthur Blank and tell them to draft a QB...

htismaqe 01-26-2013 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9354161)
Your shit got tangled somewhere back because I have never at any point argued against Geno.

Of course you didn't.

You never actually came right out and said it.

Same passive-aggressive BS that people like BlackBob use.

htismaqe 01-26-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9354199)
What other Jags fan do I post like?

NONE.

That's the point.

htismaqe 01-26-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9354215)
Then use the report function and let a mod figure it out. The whining cries of "mult" make this seem like some forum shhhh took over like that bodybuilding one.

ROFL

How about you just **** off?

silver5liter 01-26-2013 10:42 PM

#Raiders: Rumor mill is working through the league that Oakland scouts love Geno Smith. Front office is ready for a new QB.
Retweeted 87 times

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Canofbier 01-26-2013 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9354293)

Retweeted 87 times

What a steal he would be at 3! I wish we were drafting there so we could take him. :(

keg in kc 01-26-2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9354301)
What a steal he would be at 3! I wish we were drafting there so we could take him. :(

If only it wasn't such a reach at 1.

Titty Meat 01-26-2013 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9354232)
Stockholm Syndrome is inadvertent. Victims aren't brainwashed into loving their captors.

****ing moron.

http://imageshack.us/a/img440/9764/11858274t7kef9.png

BossChief 01-26-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9354293)

Retweeted 87 times

One has to think about why they would leak something like that...

Chiefs Pantalones 01-26-2013 10:53 PM

QB is much too high at #1. Trade with Oakland then pick a QB at #3.

htismaqe 01-26-2013 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9354305)
One has to think about why they would leak something like that...

They wouldn't.

The Jags would, though.

BossChief 01-26-2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9354316)
QB is much too high at #1. Trade with Oakland then pick a QB at #3.

Aids, get it.

htismaqe 01-26-2013 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9354321)
Aids, get it.

Pretty sure he was being sarcastic.

HolyHat 01-26-2013 11:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is how pathetic I've become with this...I just spent $30 to make this shirt.

Chiefs Pantalones 01-26-2013 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9354321)
Aids, get it.

Lol ;)

KCrockaholic 01-26-2013 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @KCsporting (Post 9354328)
This is how pathetic I've become with this...I just spent $30 to make this shirt.

Well that'll be a cool shirt for 3 months.

aturnis 01-26-2013 11:47 PM

ROFL
Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9353837)
Wanting your front office to try and get a good QB, and being happy everyone but one guy appear to suck in the draft, seem completely counter-productive to me.

Without have anyone decent to compare him to in the draft, it makes it even riskier. I'd hold out hope that Barkley puts on a show and makes Geno step up. Taking the best QB in a QB pool of duds isn't something I would hope for.

Worked out fine for the 1998 Colts.

HolyHat 01-27-2013 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9354398)
Well that'll be a cool shirt for 3 months.

I got the G. Smith 12 put on the back, I'll be sure to burn it once he goes to the raiders at 3....:mad:

-King- 01-27-2013 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @KCsporting (Post 9354328)

Wow you got ripped off.

Sorter 01-27-2013 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9354188)
Too impersonal.

:clap:

HolyHat 01-27-2013 12:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9354450)
Wow you got ripped off.

I wanted a nicer shirt than the one I made myself for the Blackout

B14ckmon 01-27-2013 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9354232)

****ing moron.

No shit sherlock. I never said you were born with his nuts in your mouth. He probably had his boys snatch you up from Cassel's Hacienda.

RealSNR 01-27-2013 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9354626)
No shit sherlock. I never said you were born with his nuts in your mouth. He probably had his boys snatch you up from Cassel's Hacienda.

Are you reeruned? I asked if you knew what Stockholm Syndrome was. You said:

Quote:

Yes. It's when Geno kidnapped you, and forced you to watch videos of only the good plays he made, so now he just has to blow a whistle and you return to him on your knees.
I pointed out how that's a terrible example, and then you started eating your own diarrhea and throwing it up on the computer screen.

HolyHat 01-27-2013 01:44 AM

Quote:

Negged

Sorter 01-27-2013 01:48 AM

Quote:

B14ckmon, I've really liked some of your posts. Please don't go crazy here.

RealSNR 01-27-2013 02:07 AM

Do not ****ing mess with me B14ckmon. I'm a member of all the ****ing MOBs on this forum.

Hammock Parties 01-27-2013 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9354660)
Do not ****ing mess with me B14ckmon. I'm a member of all the ****ing MOBs on this forum.

Listen to this man when he speaks, lest he **** ye shite up righteously.

Saccopoo 01-27-2013 11:45 AM

Maybe Q, but I've been busy the last couple of days:

Quote:

Today on The Danny Parkins show, Chris Weinke,head of football operations at IMG academy, called in to the show today and had some very intersting tidbits on the QB'S hes working with. The main topic was Geno Smith because he is currently the only QB draft prospect at the facility,mainly because the other qb's are at the SR.Bowl and Matt Barkley is injured,but he also will be training at IMG as well.

Danny asks the question we all have been hearing since the season ended,and probably before that really, Is there a legit no.1 qb in this draft class,and what he says in the answer made me light up with joy! I felt warm and tingley inside when he compared him (Geno Smith) to RG3 in that he can extend plays with his feet and can read defenses and throw as good or better than any QB he's worked with in the last few years,including Cam newton,Russel Wilson and Kirk Cousins.

I could try and paraphrase the whole interview,but i will save you the agony of reading my interpretation and direct you to the source.

http://610sports.com/podcasts/dannyp...ow/chrisweinke

B14ckmon 01-27-2013 12:01 PM

The Geno and RG3 comparison's are horrible and really need to stop. It's not helping the Geno case because of how crazy they are.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9354660)

Lol. Just stop.

RealSNR 01-27-2013 12:05 PM

Try this link instead.

http://www.610sports.com/pages/10086021.php?

RealSNR 01-27-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9355071)
The Geno and RG3 comparison's are horrible and really need to stop. It's not helping the Geno case because of how crazy they are.

Nobody's making those comparisons. Geno isn't a ****ing moron who's going to get himself killed.

HolyHat 01-27-2013 12:06 PM

I'm ready to start taking all bets on the draft. Geno WILL go number 1 to the Chiefs. All bets welcome

Saccopoo 01-27-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Well, since it was Weinke who made the comparison and he's the guy who worked with Griffin last year and who is working with Geno now...

milkman 01-27-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Lol. Just stop.

Too much is being made of this comparison.

Is Geno capable of extending plays with his legs?

Has he shown an ability to make reads?

Does he have the arm to make all the throws?

B14ckmon 01-27-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9355083)
Well, since it was Weinke who made the comparison and he's the guy who worked with Griffin last year and who is working with Geno now...

Yea, he's doing his job. He is supposed to pump up the players he is working with.

Wilson is good at extending plays in the NFL because if the pocket collapses he is off to the races. Geno will not be doing that in the NFL because NFL ends are much better. I see Geno being more like Aaron Rodgers than Griffin in that regard.

NJChiefsFan 01-27-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9355088)
Yea, he's doing his job. He is supposed to pump up the players he is working with.

Wilson is good at extending plays in the NFL because if the pocket collapses he is off to the races. Geno will not be doing that in the NFL because NFL ends are much better. I see Geno being more like Aaron Rodgers than Griffin in that regard.

I think the Rodgers comparison athletically is a good one, and ftr, one a lot of people on this site have made.

RealSNR 01-27-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @KCsporting (Post 9355082)
I'm ready to start taking all bets on the draft. Geno WILL go number 1 to the Chiefs. All bets welcome

If the Chiefs take Geno, I will wear Terrance Copper stuff in my avatar until he's no longer on the team

RealSNR 01-27-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9355079)

Everybody should listen to this Chris Weinke interview :thumb:

Thanks, Sac!

Saccopoo 01-27-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9355088)

And nearly everyone around here, including me, has said as much.

I think he compares very favorably to Rogers at the same stage, with Geno having better accuracy and pocket presence. Rogers was a bit more of a gun slinger, but their games, size, athletic ability, arm, etc. are all very similar.

I believe what Weinke was stating was that Geno has that ability to extend a play with his athleticism while still being able to read the defense and take the ball downfield as Griffin did.

However, like Rogers, Geno is a pocket passer that is looking to get the ball downfield with his arm and using his legs only as a last resort when the pocket collapses. If you've watched Rogers at Green Bay at all over the past couple of years and have also watched Geno at WVU, the similarities in their games are amazingly close.

HolyHat 01-27-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9355136)
If the Chiefs take Geno, I will wear Terrance Copper stuff in my avatar until he's no longer on the team

Bold LMAO

HolyHat 01-27-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9355158)
However, like Rogers, Geno is a pocket passer that is looking to get the ball downfield with his arm and using his legs only as a last resort when the pocket collapses. If you've watched Rogers at Green Bay at all over the past couple of years and have also watched Geno at WVU, the similarities in their games are amazingly close.

My pants are messy now, thanks Sac

ARROW2 01-27-2013 12:48 PM

If we don't pick Geno.......F the new regime.....period.

B14ckmon 01-27-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9355158)
And nearly everyone around here, including me, has said as much.

I think he compares very favorably to Rogers at the same stage, with Geno having better accuracy and pocket presence. Rogers was a bit more of a gun slinger, but their games, size, athletic ability, arm, etc. are all very similar.

I believe what Weinke was stating was that Geno has that ability to extend a play with his athleticism while still being able to read the defense and take the ball downfield as Griffin did.

Agree on all points. And I think if you are looking for a franchise QB, you are better off with a Aaron Rodgers type player over a high risk player like Wilson. Running QBs are great at confusing the defense, but if you can read defenses well, you don't need to confuse them.

I hate to see what will happen to Johnny Manziel. That kid if going to get Suh'd into oblivion.

NJChiefsFan 01-27-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9355186)
Agree on all points. And I think if you are looking for a franchise QB, you are better off with a Aaron Rodgers type player over a high risk player like Wilson. Running QBs are great at confusing the defense, but if you can read defenses well, you don't need to confuse them.

I hate to see what will happen to Johnny Manziel. That kid if going to get Suh'd into oblivion.

I think one of the cool things about RG3/Wilson/Kapernick is that they have shown an ability to throw the ball. Especially with RG3, he just needs to wake up and also have his coach not build in so many runs for him. These types of QBs are changing in the respect that they are QB's that are athletic instead of past QB's that were more athletes playing QB. I do agree however, that having a QB with Rodgers style is probably the ideal blend, especially from an anxiety perspective.

SAUTO 01-27-2013 12:58 PM

I wish manziel would never be talked about again. **** that douche
Posted via Mobile Device

Saccopoo 01-27-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9355186)

The last guy to do it effectively was Fran Tarkenton. Manziel looks just like Frantic Fran on the field. It's a hoot to watch, but defenses are just so fast at the next level. Go ask Griffin and Vick for confirmation on that. Though, Fran Jr. has some crazy instincts.

If you want to see a guy who I think is even better than Manziel in the same type of role, go look at Utah State's Chuckie Keeton. He put up numbers that were almost identical to Manziel (with Manziel getting more on the ground) and his Aggie team went 11-2 - and that's after losing two legit studs in Robert Turbin and Bobby Wagner (both of whom had very good rookie seasons for Seattle in 2012). Keeton is the real deal.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QWZAWC90K5E?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

However, I still am firmly believing that Geno's game/style/fee/size/everything is perfectly suited for the NFL game.

keg in kc 01-27-2013 01:02 PM

I think people making the RG3 comparison are only doing so in terms of what he (Geno) does in the pocket and how he throws the football. Nobody is saying he can run like Griffin. And, frankly, RG3 won't be running like that, either, as he grows at the NFL level.

Griffin's polish as a passer coming out was woefully underappreciated by the general public, and his ability to pass has been similarly overshadowed by his running at the pro level. He is *not* a 'running quarterback'. He's not just a great athlete behind center. He's a very good passer and he's a very good decision maker. And that's how Geno is similar.

The comparison of Geno to Rodgers is an apt one, but I would also compare Griffin to Rodgers as well. That's the kind of quarterback he'll be down the road. He's not going to be Michael Vick, he's a pocket passer who happens to have the ability to run.

B14ckmon 01-27-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9355209)
I think one of the cool things about RG3/Wilson/Kapernick is that they have shown an ability to throw the ball. Especially with RG3, he just needs to wake up and also have his coach not build in so many runs for him. These types of QBs are changing in the respect that they are QB's that are athletic instead of past QB's that were more athletes playing QB. I do agree however, that having a QB with Rodgers style is probably the ideal blend, especially from an anxiety perspective.

This is why I really like Tajh Boyd. The kid put up 500 yard and 10 rushing TDs, but also threw 36/13 at 67%. He was just insane against LSU.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9355213)
If you want to see a guy who I think is even better than Manziel in the same type of role, go look at Utah State's Chuckie Keeton. He put up numbers that were almost identical to Manziel (with Manziel getting more on the ground) and his Aggie team went 11-2 - and that's after losing two legit studs in Robert Turbin and Bobby Wagner (both of whom had very good rookie seasons for Seattle in 2012). Keeton is the real deal.

Yea I have been watching him since he came out of highschool. He is still a bit raw and I haven't seen him do much against a good defense yet.

hometeam 01-27-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9355213)
The last guy to do it effectively was Fran Tarkenton. Manziel looks just like Frantic Fran on the field.

This. And the only reason he could was because the guys chasing him all smoked and ate gravy all day. Todays hyperbaric chamber sleeping, 100% nutrition planning, perfect weight regimen, groomed from birth players aint playin that shit no more~

silver5liter 01-28-2013 06:08 PM

Bump

O.city 01-28-2013 06:10 PM

Seems Mort said he thinks we are taking a QB. Hopefully the tides starts to turn. This is usually the time it starts to happen.

Jerm 01-28-2013 06:13 PM

Its obvious to me that its either Joeckel or Geno at this point...only options...

No other QB is even worth discussing at #1...

the Talking Can 01-28-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9359327)
Seems Mort said he thinks we are taking a QB. Hopefully the tides starts to turn. This is usually the time it starts to happen.

i love this shit

we've never been in a position to even have rumors like this..

if we lock into Smith a couple weeks before the draft, it will be like one long mardi gras until the draft...article after article about the Chiefs and a QB

keg in kc 01-28-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9359341)
i love this shit

we've never been in a position to even have rumors like this..

if we lock into Smith a couple weeks before the draft, it will be like one long mardi gras until the draft...article after article about the Chiefs and a QB

And boy oh boy will the true fan tears flow.

"If he's a bust it's the worst pick ever!"

O.city 01-28-2013 06:20 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BBuonxKCcAECMKT.jpg:large

Looks like he's been working pretty hard.

the Talking Can 01-28-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9359343)
And boy oh boy will the true fan tears flow.

"If he's a bust it's the worst pick ever!"

I will swing the largest vorpal blade in ****ing history...

no one is going to harsh that buzz...I double dog dare you...i will hunt them down

SAUTO 01-28-2013 06:20 PM

It's got to be this guy. It just does
Posted via Mobile Device