ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Black Ops 2 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259129)

Valiant 11-13-2012 10:00 PM

****ing shit happen 3 times tonight.. I literally spawned with the enemy team, they are green for about 5 seconds then red..

And I wonder if treyarc is going to put themselves on probation for all the times it kicks me out for errors..

Quesadilla Joe 11-13-2012 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 9117037)
You have the page you got that from other then image shack so I can get a bigger version?

http://i.imgur.com/O4nrg.png

Valiant 11-13-2012 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9117181)

awesome, thankyou

bgguitarman 11-14-2012 09:43 AM

Nuketown Zombies

Have any of you played nuketown zombies? I played some last night and it seems the perk cola machines drop randomly out of the sky. Unfortunately that meant I didn't get Jug when I needed it the most.

TrickyNicky 11-14-2012 12:19 PM

Anyone playing this on PC? (Steam)

http://media.egotvonline.com/wp-cont...24e.jpg?41ed4f

Ceej 11-14-2012 02:06 PM

Anyone else having crazy lag spikes on XBL?

Dayze 11-14-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9116574)

I just can't get into BF. Too slow and while it may have better teamwork overrall, you suffer more without a good team in BF than you do in CoD. I can carry a team if I need to in CoD, doubt that could ever happen in BF.

I can see that/understand etc.

I played the dog piss out of BF3, then after dinner one night with with my in-laws, I hopped onto BO/MW (Can't remember) with my BIL, and JFC it was fast lol

It was insane. I think tonight I'll hop on MW3 to see how badly I get smoked lol

Bump 11-14-2012 09:07 PM

AND here comes the lag......

if it played like yesterday, I would love this game. Today, not so much. Well, this morning I played and was killing it no lag but around 3pm of course the kids get home and millions more jump on. It's ridiculous right now, I guess I will only play this on off peak times.

Quesadilla Joe 11-14-2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9119633)
AND here comes the lag......

if it played like yesterday, I would love this game. Today, not so much. Well, this morning I played and was killing it no lag but around 3pm of course the kids get home and millions more jump on. It's ridiculous right now, I guess I will only play this on off peak times.

At least you can play. I keep getting error messages and haven't been able to get into a game since like 3 PM.

I was lagging pretty hard yesterday and then changed my search preferences to "Best" and installed the textures or whatever. It actually started to feel like COD again after I did that.

dmahurin 11-14-2012 09:37 PM

I can't get the nuketown map to download. It just keeps saying pending and won't start.

Ceej 11-14-2012 10:15 PM

Tranzit is fun. But, I'm not sure if there's a purpose or ever ends.

Valiant 11-15-2012 10:29 AM

The two boat levels are my favorite for mp. Learning all the crevices sucks though where people can hide.

Ting that pisses me off, always getting stuck on bad teams that don't use any group beneficial scorestreaks or suck to where they can't get em.

I do really like the new kill confirmed and dom.

I loved mw2 for all its different playstyles allowed, but this game is easily best yet with guns, maps, flow and gametypes to date.

Dayze 11-15-2012 10:45 AM

can somene explain to me what Kill Confirmed is? I keep hearing that it's one of the more popular modes.

Mr. Plow 11-15-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9120742)
can somene explain to me what Kill Confirmed is? I keep hearing that it's one of the more popular modes.

Kill someone....they drop a tag. Pick up the tag, you get points and a confirmed kill. First to 75 or whatever confirms wins.

Mr. Plow 11-15-2012 12:54 PM

Outside of connection problems, game is decent. At least at this point. One major complaint I have - and I assume they'll fix it fairly quickly - is the spawn points. They flip spawns horribly easy which results in guys spawning behind you.

Mr. Plow 11-15-2012 06:04 PM

Hot holy shit....spawns got worse. 2-3 times a match for 10 or so games, I'd die and respawn. As I'm running from my teams spawn, an opposing guy would spawn in it and kill me. Watched the killcams....sure enough he spawns, sees me running away, kills me.

That's one thing that will kill the game for me really quickly.

WhitiE 11-15-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 9121695)
Hot holy shit....spawns got worse. 2-3 times a match for 10 or so games, I'd die and respawn. As I'm running from my teams spawn, an opposing guy would spawn in it and kill me. Watched the killcams....sure enough he spawns, sees me running away, kills me.

That's one thing that will kill the game for me really quickly.

Poor Mr.Plow

TrickyNicky 11-15-2012 06:55 PM

So much for the whole "shotguns suck in BO2" thing. The 870 one-shots as good as anything this side of the 1887.

Mr. Plow 11-15-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhitiE (Post 9121755)
Poor Mr.Plow

You shut your whore mouth.:evil:

Bump 11-15-2012 11:59 PM

Spawns are HORRENDOUS
lag, it's a little better after I hardwired it to the modem but it's still jumpy all the time and those I should have killed him deaths.

game would be good if they fix those 2 things. Will they? NOPE, it's activision and their history says everything.

Quesadilla Joe 11-16-2012 12:44 AM

The people who play Kill Confirmed are MUCH better than the people who play TDM right now.

My KDR is full point higher in TDM than in Kill Confirmed.

dmahurin 11-16-2012 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9122472)
The people who play Kill Confirmed are MUCH better than the people who play TDM right now.

My KDR is full point higher in TDM than in Kill Confirmed.

Kill confirmed on nuketown is nuts.

Valiant 11-16-2012 12:03 PM

It will be in my favor once I start running with my friends to benefit them. But the new lag balancing sucks when you are host. It gets up to a couple seconds sometimes.

I still dashboard to piss people off though, probation be damn. If I get stuck on a shit team against a clan I am doing it.

Which goes back to the lag comp, if you make it worse on people with better connections then before, why add probation? If you care so much about people getting an advantage, get some servers. You are going to make a billion plus on a rehashed engine. Hell you could make money by offering sold servers too.

Valiant 11-16-2012 12:08 PM

Besides spawn and lag comp, my only other complaint is the scorestreaks and not being set per class.

Quesadilla Joe 11-16-2012 12:19 PM

Man dashboarding isn't cool. Just leave the game and let the game go to host migration. Your stats don't mean anything if you dashboard every time you have a bad game.

Valiant 11-16-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9123358)
Man dashboarding isn't cool. Just leave the game and let the game go to host migration. Your stats don't mean anything if you dashboard every time you have a bad game.

Lol, I don't dashboard for stats. I do it to piss off the people with shit internet causing me lag. Same if I join a map, where the whole team is in a corner trying to all shoot down uavs.

They can have servers if they cared that much. Bf3 does not have a dashboarding problems.

Dayze 11-16-2012 03:52 PM

ok....so, I played MW3 for 3 days on MP

I know it's not BOps, but man....that game SUUUUUUUCKED.
like.....really bad suck.
Is the consensus that MW3 sucks? Not sure if most people thought it blew or if it was just me.

Mr. Plow 11-16-2012 05:05 PM

MW3 sucked pretty bad. Only redeemable thing out of it was Infected.

Bump 11-16-2012 06:24 PM

it seems to help a little when I stream 10 youtube videos all at once. I can at least stand a chance on a face to face battle.

Valiant 11-16-2012 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9124031)
it seems to help a little when I stream 10 youtube videos all at once. I can at least stand a chance on a face to face battle.

LOL, I stream certain movies also..

And to the guy asking about MW3, it had its heart in the right place.. Just failed..

I loved the different kill/support streaks..

IMO BO2>MW2>BO>MW3 for the games I have played..

Bump 11-16-2012 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 9124082)
LOL, I stream certain movies also..

And to the guy asking about MW3, it had its heart in the right place.. Just failed..

I loved the different kill/support streaks..

IMO BO2>MW2>BO>MW3 for the games I have played..

ya, it's pretty pathetic that I have to do that....

but it does help. It really seems that the more money a gaming company makes, the worse the quality is.

and I've been a fan since COD2

COD4
COD2
MW2
COD3
Black Ops 2 (could be ahead of MW2 if they fix latency issues which they won't...)
W@W
MW3

never did play the very first one, so I can't speak of that

UteChief 11-16-2012 11:02 PM

What is dash boarding?

Bump 11-17-2012 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UteChief (Post 9124461)
What is dash boarding?

when the host dashboards, which is pressing the middle button on your xbox controller and then pressing Y to go to your dashboard. When the host does that, it ends the game for everyone and no stats or experience is recorded, screwing them all over.

it happens a lot. Today, 1 in 6 or 7 games it happened.

ThaVirus 11-17-2012 01:11 AM

How does one even know they're the host?

Sofa King 11-17-2012 06:46 PM

The lag compensation bullshit is a major problem. It shows that i pump 100 rounds into a guy, then his view shows that i didn't even fire. ****ing bullshit. And the shottys are not impressive. I get mowed down by guys using the damn skorpian. Which makes me wonder why the **** they added end game guns to the premade classes... So ****ing n00bs have end game weapons now... no need to play for higher levels. ****ing bs.

Quesadilla Joe 11-17-2012 06:54 PM

The Remington is a bad ass shotgun. I know you love semi auto shotguns but the Remington fires pretty fast for a pump action. Slap on a laser sight and the long barrel and you are good to go.

EDIT: Dexterity is a great perk to use withe shotguns.

Quesadilla Joe 11-17-2012 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9124562)
How does one even know they're the host?

In previous games you could tell because you were the first one who connected and in the loading screen it would say "Awaiting Challenge...0" when you were host.

I don't think I have ever had host in Black Ops 2 though.

Sofa King 11-17-2012 07:00 PM

I just haven't played it enough yet is all. Server has been terrible. Some things i really like. I really like sniping again. Maps are pretty small though. Scorestreaks are hard for me to get due to the lag comp...

Bump 11-17-2012 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 9126070)
. Scorestreaks are hard for me to get due to the lag comp...

same here, why I use uav + RC car + hunter killer

can't get a bigger score streak than that. Unless I'm camping hardcore. But this lag is pissing me off. I already know, based on their history, that nothing will be done. Once enough players quit, that should sort itself out, that's how they've always done things.

dmahurin 11-17-2012 10:12 PM

What level has everyone hit in multiplayer? I made 47 last night and haven't been able to play all day.

Valiant 11-17-2012 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 9125993)
The lag compensation bullshit is a major problem. It shows that i pump 100 rounds into a guy, then his view shows that i didn't even fire. ****ing bullshit. And the shottys are not impressive. I get mowed down by guys using the damn skorpian. Which makes me wonder why the **** they added end game guns to the premade classes... So ****ing n00bs have end game weapons now... no need to play for higher levels. ****ing bs.

Wut?? Shotguns are boss.. You just have to level them up and figure out how they work..

Use them as a building runner, you will smoke most smg users 1 v 1..

Valiant 11-17-2012 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmahurin (Post 9126971)
What level has everyone hit in multiplayer? I made 47 last night and haven't been able to play all day.

I would be higher buy 2xp is not working for me, only 35.. I was averaging a lvl every 2-3 games..

Quesadilla Joe 11-18-2012 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 9126070)
I just haven't played it enough yet is all. Server has been terrible. Some things i really like. I really like sniping again. Maps are pretty small though. Scorestreaks are hard for me to get due to the lag comp...

Scorestreaks are harder to get, unless you are playing Kill Confirmed. If you use Hardline you can get a UAV with two kills plus two confirms.

I really love using UAV, Lightning Strike, and Stealth Chopper in Kill Confirmed. If you can get a two or three kills with the Lighting Strike and then pick up two or three more tags you will have your Stealth Chopper.

Quesadilla Joe 11-18-2012 12:24 AM

Quote:

I'm about to be at 3rd prestige. I went through an entire prestige in about 4 or 5 hours yesterday playing Kill Confirmed.

dmahurin 11-18-2012 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9127549)
I'm about to be at 3rd prestige. I went through an entire prestige in about 4 or 5 hours yesterday playing Kill Confirmed.

Holy shit. I was leveling up fast on kill confirmed but that's crazy.

Quesadilla Joe 11-18-2012 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmahurin (Post 9127613)
Holy shit. I was leveling up fast on kill confirmed but that's crazy.

I have double xp and was getting 30-40 kills+ 20-30 confirms every game. I think I was gaining one level for every two games I played last night.

I wasn't doing nearly as well tonight for some reason.

Valiant 11-18-2012 06:31 PM

Cheating has already been figured out.. 3 games today, Reported the players, basically game starts and after they unlocked their first killstreaks, they would spam them.

And they also need to fix the spawns, they have already been figured out by most people to where they just camp them.. It is sad, this game could be good if they actually wanted to fix shit..

Make it where you can not flip spawns for so many seconds after the enemy spawned there..

Quesadilla Joe 11-18-2012 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 9130975)
Cheating has already been figured out.. 3 games today, Reported the players, basically game starts and after they unlocked their first killstreaks, they would spam them.

And they also need to fix the spawns, they have already been figured out by most people to where they just camp them.. It is sad, this game could be good if they actually wanted to fix shit..

Make it where you can not flip spawns for so many seconds after the enemy spawned there..

The first month of a new COD game is basically a beta test. There are always problems with the game when it first comes out, normally they have all of the major stuff sorted out by Christmas time.

Bump 11-19-2012 01:24 AM

downloading torrents while you play helps. It didnt give me an advantage, but it felt like I could at least have a chance with face to face battles. Just a fair fight. I set uTorret to download 6 torrents at a time at like 100 speed. That def helped, before I couldn't do a face to face battle. It's pathetic I have to do that.

Mr. Plow 11-19-2012 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9132110)
The first month of a new COD game is basically a beta test. There are always problems with the game when it first comes out, normally they have all of the major stuff sorted out by Christmas time.

Yup. When you start multiplayer, look in the top right hand corner for the current MP version - that's where it is on 360, I'm assuming it's in the same place for PS3. Seems like everytime I log in, they have updated the version fixing this, or that. They can test and test all they want, but nothing will prepare them for the thousands of players "testing" the game and finding all the mistakes.

kepp 11-19-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

I picked it up Friday and am at lvl 32, I think...been playing a pretty even mix of TDM and kill confirmed. I like the sniping, for the most part. I haven't unlocked the Ballista yet, but I picked one up during a game and that thing rocked...can't wait to unlock it. So far, the SWAT-556 is my favorite AR. I've been using it with the reflex sight and adjustable stock. And the MSMC is a beast. MSMC with silencer and laser sight is VERY strong on smaller maps (Hijacked). I haven't tried out shotguns or LMGs at all. I definitely like it better than BLOPS and MW3.

QuikSsurfer 11-19-2012 02:33 PM

lol, wow... so if you want to play the new nuketown -- just head on over to custom games... glad I didn't purchase this shit.

http://i.imgur.com/wVPpg.png

Mr. Plow 11-19-2012 03:18 PM

That's stupid.

Quesadilla Joe 11-19-2012 05:18 PM

He is getting ripped on twitter over this. I suspect they will put Nuketown in the regular map rotation fairly soon. Von has said that they have been discussing putting Nuketown in the regular rotation internally already.

Rugby Thompson 11-19-2012 05:53 PM

Went to EB games today ( Canadian version of Gamestop ) and was considering getting this but MW3 was utter trash, I still play the original ops from time to time and I heard the zombie maps were small in this so I didn't purchase it. What are the positives and negatives of this game? I was originally going to get Hitman Absolution but they didn't have it till tomorrow so I just said to hell with it and picked up Dishonored and Doom 3 BFG edition.

Bump 11-19-2012 06:17 PM

gay they got rid of nuketown, what a joke

Quesadilla Joe 11-20-2012 12:08 AM

Quote:

Just launched a new fast-action playlist in the Bonus category called Chaos Moshpit. Back by popular demand: Nuketown 2025!
https://mobile.twitter.com/Treyarch/...2665748480?p=v

Quesadilla Joe 11-20-2012 12:13 AM

I swear they have skill based matchmaking in this game. I have yet to find a bad player in any of my games. There are tons of bad COD players out there, why aren't there any in my games?

Valiant 11-20-2012 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9135583)
I swear they have skill based matchmaking in this game. I have yet to find a bad player in any of my games. There are tons of bad COD players out there, why aren't there any in my games?

I agree.. When the game first came out for a few days, I was going 35+ and 10 for dozens of games.. Now, I get that maybe every 10 to 15.. I am always getting stuck in against clans..

kepp 11-20-2012 08:41 AM

Quote:

It must think I'm bad then :shake:

I've had numerous games the past couple days where some of the people are just running around aimlessly.

The Iron Chief 11-20-2012 10:23 AM

http://i.minus.com/ibqo3Janu3epyF.gif

I came across this found it funny.
Sad thing is my kids went straight to nuketown if they werent playing zombies.
It does seem like bait and switch to me.
I never gave it a thought to ween the boys off of the map a little before hand.

Bump 11-20-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

ya, I even try playing FFA to catch some noobs. I think the game just lacks skill and everyone is on the same level pretty much and the lag comp....

TinyEvel 11-20-2012 01:39 PM

Shit there are some large maps in this one. The manyar one (with the robot factory in the middle) sucks big time. I love that yacht one though.

Valiant 11-20-2012 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 9136792)
Shit there are some large maps in this one. The manyar one (with the robot factory in the middle) sucks big time. I love that yacht one though.

I disagree, there are lots of tiny maps, small ones and one average to semi large map.
Hell you can get across any map in 10secs.

Setsuna 11-20-2012 05:13 PM

Has too much of a MW feel for my taste. And the servers are going ballistic right now and won't even start a countdown for matches even when full of players. This is disgusting.

kepp 11-21-2012 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9137369)
Has too much of a MW feel for my taste. And the servers are going ballistic right now and won't even start a countdown for matches even when full of players. This is disgusting.

I'm seeing a lot of the, "Need more players to balance teams", message, even when the lobby is full.

Rugby Thompson 11-21-2012 08:12 AM

Haven't purchased this yet, I think I'm cool with just playing the original Black Ops once and awhile then buying this...I was at the store the other day and bought Doom 3 BFG edition instead, after reading some of these comments, I feel like I've made the right choice.

Valiant 11-21-2012 09:08 AM

Haha, so if the game also errors out you also get probation.

Kidd Lex 11-21-2012 09:38 AM

The games servers have had a rough start due to the enormmous amount of traffic, but I honestly feel like this is one of the better online shooters since BO1. Im loving it.

Nixhex 11-21-2012 10:01 AM

It seems I often will beat an opposing player to the punch and shoot him a second or so before he starts firing back at me. However, I end up dying. Then the replay comes on and it shows me getting shot first. WTF? It is maddening at times.

Kidd Lex 11-21-2012 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nixhex (Post 9139070)
It seems I often will beat an opposing player to the punch and shoot him a second or so before he starts firing back at me. However, I end up dying. Then the replay comes on and it shows me getting shot first. WTF? It is maddening at times.

Qft. When I'm in those servers it's back out time and try again. When I'm hosting I feel like neo. My kd ratio is like 1.71. Thank u servers??

Bump 11-23-2012 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The God Hypothesis (Post 9139090)
Qft. When I'm in those servers it's back out time and try again. When I'm hosting I feel like neo. My kd ratio is like 1.71. Thank u servers??

I just got farking put on probation today for the first time. I only back out if it's lagging so bad I can't take it. It's ridiculous.

Bump 11-23-2012 11:48 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cV1HaN-N8fg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

this music video speaks to me, I usually don't like rap but I can relate to this.

Ceej 11-24-2012 05:08 PM

I should be on tonight playing mp and zombies.

Hit me up on 360

dmahurin 11-24-2012 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9146684)
I should be on tonight playing mp and zombies.

Hit me up on 360

What's your gamertag? Mines ODM84 if anyone wants to add me.

Bump 11-25-2012 01:30 AM

this game sucks. Not sure if MW3 is worse actually, that bad.

Valiant 11-25-2012 01:54 AM

My ****ing problem is all the stupid ****ing boosters..

And end the ****ing lag compensation..

Backwards Masking 11-25-2012 08:47 AM

http://media-cache-ec6.pinterest.com...6_B1K7hNQ3.jpg

Rugby Thompson 11-25-2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9147900)
this game sucks. Not sure if MW3 is worse actually, that bad.

Please elaborate, I was thinking of buying it just for the hell of it. Now, I'm having second thoughts again.

Setsuna 11-25-2012 10:37 AM

How much can I sell this back for?