ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ***Official 2012-13 Mizzou football repository thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=256647)

Al Bundy 09-08-2012 09:22 PM

Holy shit.. Franklin blows... talk about no awareness, being slow as shit, too.

Pitt Gorilla 09-08-2012 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 8889759)
Hmmmm...

I'm not sure you can blame the bad snaps and lack of blocking on JF.

ghak99 09-08-2012 09:22 PM

Jones is a BEAST!

Mr_Tomahawk 09-08-2012 09:23 PM

Old Man Football.

Pitt Gorilla 09-08-2012 09:23 PM

Jones is a stud.

qabbaan 09-08-2012 09:23 PM

Frustrating to play so well for 3.5 quarters and have it fall apart at the end.

GloryDayz 09-08-2012 09:24 PM

I guess JJ read the bulletin board?? I hope GP talks to the team about watching what they say. Not that they were going to win, but it just makes it sting all the more for these guys...

Al Bundy 09-08-2012 09:24 PM

Well Sheldon... they Old manned your ass right out of the SEC race, keep your ****ing mouth shut dumbshit.

GloryDayz 09-08-2012 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 8889771)
I'm not sure you can blame the bad snaps and lack of blocking on JF.

Indeed low snaps...but the bad throws are clearly many seconds after that...

Al Bundy 09-08-2012 09:26 PM

Richardson ran away from contact.. what a pussy, talking all that shit and just got run.

qabbaan 09-08-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 8889790)
Well Sheldon... they Old manned your ass right out of the SEC race, keep your ****ing mouth shut dumbshit.

Give me a break, if Franklin doesn't melt down these were two evenly matched teams tonight. Even with the scrub offensive line against their front.

BryanBusby 09-08-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

You seem overly angry about something completely irrelevant to you.

Apparently Yost decided to hit the beach instead of watch film on Jarvis Jones.

Pitt Gorilla 09-08-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

We get it. You don't like Mizzou.

OnTheWarpath15 09-08-2012 09:27 PM

Richardson might want to show up next time he runs his mouth.

If he thinks Georgia plays old man football, wait until he sees Alabama rape his face.

Keep your head up though, Mizzou fans. At least you didn't lose to Louisiana Monroe.

Al Bundy 09-08-2012 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 8889803)
You seem overly angry about something completely irrelevant to you.

Apparently Yost decided to hit the beach instead of watch film on Jarvis Jones.

Not "angry", Sheldon Richardson ran his mouth and got his shit pushed in, amusing.. and Jarvis Jones is a stud, that dude will be lighting people on sundays.

Al Bundy 09-08-2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qabbaan (Post 8889801)
Give me a break, if Franklin doesn't melt down these were two evenly matched teams tonight. Even with the scrub offensive line against their front.

Georgia was missing 2 of their key defensive starters, MU scores 10 with Rambo in there.

stonedstooge 09-08-2012 09:29 PM

Stupid fake punt started the ball rolling downhill

petegz28 09-08-2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 8889822)

Pretty much

GloryDayz 09-08-2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 8889817)
Not "angry", Sheldon Richardson ran his mouth and got his shit pushed in, amusing.. and Jarvis Jones is a stud, that dude will be lighting people on sundays.

This...

BryanBusby 09-08-2012 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 8889817)

Yeah right. Please continue with your shit posting ITT

At any rate, MU got a long way to go.

GloryDayz 09-08-2012 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 8889822)

Good point... Still confused about that one. Welp, we all make mistakes I guess..

GloryDayz 09-08-2012 09:32 PM

Wow....

OmahaChief 09-08-2012 09:33 PM

Until we build some quality depth on the lines we are going to struggle.

qabbaan 09-08-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 8889831)
Good point... Still confused about that one. Welp, we all make mistakes I guess..

Pinkel gambles, that is who he is. We lost because we turned the ball over and we had way too many self inflicted wounds in the first half.

They do need to adapt to run the ball more. We are going to have to be able to control possession because Franklin has quarters like he had here in the fourth.

DeezNutz 09-08-2012 09:37 PM

Pinkel with some bad decisions tonight: aggressive when he needed to punt, and punted when he needed to be aggressive (4th and 9 at the 30 something of Georgia).

Offensive play-calling in the first half was abysmal. Needed to use the middle of the field more. Seemed surprised that #29 is really ****ing good, which is ridiculous.

Finally, Franklin wasn't sharp, and he needed to be.

HonestChieffan 09-08-2012 09:38 PM

Gonna be a long season

GloryDayz 09-08-2012 09:39 PM

I'll bet Robinson is much more quiet tonight.

It's all good. It's the SEC, and we'll get better...

BryanBusby 09-08-2012 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 8889877)
I'll bet Robinson is much more quiet tonight.

It's all good. It's the SEC, and we'll get better...

uh

MU had opportunities to make Georgia start gasping for air and they shit the bed.

Defense at least looked like it could hang in the SEC until they started getting banged up. Yost should probably pay attention to the best opponent, or Clowney is gonna ****ing destroy Franklin in 2 weeks.

qabbaan 09-08-2012 09:43 PM

When you lose, the play calling always looks bad. If you were getting the things you're supposed to do done, you wouldn't be losing in the first place.

Georgia has a front that should have devoured our offensive line all night long, but they weren't able to turn the game until the end.

Franklin is a nice player, but I don't think he is ever going to be one of those QBs that can put a team on his back in a close game and win it with his arm. His decision making just isn't good enough.

Reaper16 09-08-2012 09:45 PM

I'm somewhat encouraged, actually. The wheels fell off after Pinkel's atrocious fake punt call. Jones adjusted to what Mizzou's shambles of an o-line was doing to him and took over the game. That's what great defensive players will do to you: take you over.

A healthy Mizzou can absolutely hang with the SEC East's top teams, even snatch a victory every now and then. Mizzou can still be a 7 win team this year, and 8 wins aren't impossible if this young o-line gels together.

stonedstooge 09-08-2012 09:46 PM

Guess Georgia was ranked #7 for a reason. They had a bunch of damn good players

DeezNutz 09-08-2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qabbaan (Post 8889906)
When you lose, the play calling always looks bad. If you were getting the things you're supposed to do done, you wouldn't be losing in the first place.

Georgia has a front that should have devoured our offensive line all night long, but they weren't able to turn the game until the end.

Franklin is a nice player, but I don't think he is ever going to be one of those QBs that can put a team on his back in a close game and win it with his arm. His decision making just isn't good enough.

Everything in the first half was underneath, which only allowed Jones to own more. When we went to the middle of the field, even at intermediate depth, things opened up substantially, and the pass rush eased notably.

The entire offense and staff seemed timid to me, which is to be expected to a certain degree.

The juxtaposition of the fake punt/punt decisions is inexcusable. Absolutely ****ing stupid and decisions that defy common sense.

The game was much, much better and closer than the score, though. As others have said, depth and beef are needed on the lines.

Overall, Mizzou will be fine.

ghak99 09-08-2012 09:51 PM

A loss sucks, but I'm not really that disappointed in the performance. Everyone knows Georgia is a pretty damn good team.

I'm a little surprised our OL held up to that DL as well as they did. The play calling in the 1st half was lacking and for whatever reason it appeared they took their foot off the gas a couple times.

Looking forward to more SEC games!

DeezNutz 09-08-2012 09:53 PM

Finally, Murray was a lot better than his stat line. Showed poise, courage, and accuracy.

He's a younger Stanzi with actual talent.

Frazod 09-08-2012 09:57 PM

Could have been worse, I guess. We needed to get a big lead and then hold on for dear life when the superior line size and depth inevitably turned the tide. Didn't happen.

We're three-quarters of a tough SEC team right now.

Oh well.

bowener 09-08-2012 09:58 PM

I am probably wrong, but Franklin's arm strength looked like shit. I don't think Mizzou can compete in the SEC with a weak armed QB struggling to get the ball to the numbers or sideline. His passes just seemed to take forever to get out there, and telegraphing a ton of them didn't help as well.

I really hope he gets his strength back, otherwise we are ****ed.

DeezNutz 09-08-2012 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 8889969)
I am probably wrong, but Franklin's arm strength looked like shit. I don't think Mizzou can compete in the SEC with a weak armed QB struggling to get the ball to the numbers or sideline. His passes just seemed to take forever to get out there, and telegraphing a ton of them didn't help as well.

I really hope he gets his strength back, otherwise we are ****ed.

His arm is average at best, and thus he relies on timing. He was off tonight. No way around it.

Great Expectations 09-08-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 8889880)
uh

Defense at least looked like it could hang in the SEC until they started getting banged up. Yost should probably pay attention to the best opponent, or Clowney is gonna ****ing destroy Franklin in 2 weeks.

That is the basis of old man football. Wear you down throughout the game and break it open late.

stonedstooge 09-08-2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8889974)
His arm is average at best, and thus he relies on timing. He was off tonight. No way around it.

I didn't see the first half, only heard it on the radio. Did Franklin get hit hard in the first half? He looked a little gun shy when I saw the second half on the tube.

qabbaan 09-08-2012 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8889931)
Everything in the first half was underneath, which only allowed Jones to own more. When we went to the middle of the field, even at intermediate depth, things opened up substantially, and the pass rush eased notably.

The entire offense and staff seemed timid to me, which is to be expected to a certain degree.

The juxtaposition of the fake punt/punt decisions is inexcusable. Absolutely ****ing stupid and decisions that defy common sense.

The game was much, much better and closer than the score, though. As others have said, depth and beef are needed on the lines.

Overall, Mizzou will be fine.

They should have run at him, I thought. But what do I know. At the college level you can't stop guys like that, you have to just work around them. He is going to get his.

The fake punt failing had a deflating effect for sure, but they pointed out on the post game that Missouri does convert most of the time on fakes. It's always going to look bad when it doesn't work, but you could also see that the wheels were getting loose at that point in the game and Pinkel had to swing back.

I'm not saying I would have done it, but I can see what he was doing there. Sometimes the bull gets you.

DeezNutz 09-08-2012 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 8889989)
I didn't see the first half, only heard it on the radio. Did Franklin get hit hard in the first half? He looked a little gun shy when I saw the second half on the tube.

No, not really. Jones ran free, though. Constant pressure but few notable "hits." It's almost like the staff discovered that Jones was good through the course of the game, which is disconcerting.

Demonpenz 09-08-2012 10:11 PM

Disconcerting should be that your QB can't put his helmet on very well and that they can't seem to snap the ball. Those need to be fixed.

BryanBusby 09-08-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Expectations (Post 8889986)
That is the basis of old man football. Wear you down throughout the game and break it open late.

My monocle is popping off right now.

I suppose this could of been worse though. ULM beating Arkansas on the road still blows my mind.

CoMoChief 09-08-2012 10:12 PM

MU's playcalling was notorious the first half. Credit to GA's defense, but Yost's playcalling was not good.

Pinkel's 4th n 11 fake punt was a giant head scratcher as well, and MU seemed to just fall apart after that.

MU may have the worst center in NCAA football. You can find high school guys that snap better than that.

BryanBusby 09-08-2012 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 8890032)
MU may have the worst center in NCAA football.

Dudes gonna be starting Center for the Dallas Cowboys in a couple years.

DeezNutz 09-08-2012 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qabbaan (Post 8889994)
Sometimes the bull gets you.

Indeed. The score isn't reflective of the overall game, and Georgia is pretty damn good.

"It's a process." (Usually a joke, but this time it's true.)

Reaper16 09-08-2012 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 8890032)
MU's playcalling was notorious the first half

Eh. Hindsight is 50/50.

Frazod 09-08-2012 10:15 PM

I think Pinkel deserves credit for getting us to the next level. Now we need somebody who can actually coach there.

He should be fitted for a pair of clown shoes after tonight. And that prick Yost needs to be dumped off back at whatever hippy commune they found him in. At least the defense was ready to play.

BryanBusby 09-08-2012 10:16 PM

Lets not have an over-reaction meltdown now.

Trevo_410 09-08-2012 10:16 PM

arizona state next weekend... time to pound some non-conf shit in during our off week... and rest up for USCe

Pitt Gorilla 09-08-2012 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 8889922)
I'm somewhat encouraged, actually. The wheels fell off after Pinkel's atrocious fake punt call. Jones adjusted to what Mizzou's shambles of an o-line was doing to him and took over the game. That's what great defensive players will do to you: take you over.

A healthy Mizzou can absolutely hang with the SEC East's top teams, even snatch a victory every now and then. Mizzou can still be a 7 win team this year, and 8 wins aren't impossible if this young o-line gels together.

Mizzou's line HAS to get healthier. It's not that the backups are bad, it's that we have NO depth (with all of the injuries). Our backup center was playing RT, leaving us with our third string center trying to block two 350 lb guys. He might hold up for a while, but that's asking a whole lot. If we can get Big Jack and Ruth back, we'll be better. Elvis may be a lost cause.

I'm still not sure how many wins we get, though. Look at Mizzou's schedule; there literally aren't any easy wins left. Our OOC is brutal.

Bewbies 09-08-2012 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8890043)
Indeed. The score isn't reflective of the overall game, and Georgia is pretty damn good.

"It's a process." (Usually a joke, but this time it's true.)

That game was way closer than the score. There isn't a UGA fan out there that wasn't shitting their pants for 3 quarters.

You'll get there, but the SEC is such a different style than the Big 12 it will take time to get your roster/style adjusted.

Pitt Gorilla 09-08-2012 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 8890028)
My monocle is popping off right now.

I suppose this could of been worse though. ULM beating Arkansas on the road still blows my mind.

Kansas, evidently, lost to Rice.

Trevo_410 09-08-2012 10:19 PM

feel sad for elvis... probably could've entered the draft last year and was expected 4rd-6th round draft pick.... now his career is most likely over...

DeezNutz 09-08-2012 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 8890059)
That game was way closer than the score. There isn't a UGA fan out there that wasn't shitting their pants for 3 quarters.

You'll get there, but the SEC is such a different style than the Big 12 it will take time to get your roster/style adjusted.

Agreed. Good game and congrats on the win (I believe that you're a GA fan, no?).

Demonpenz 09-08-2012 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 8890059)

I would agree with Georgia thinking about shitting their pants through three. There was glimpses of what Franklin and that offense can do. It can tear up anyone.

Bewbies 09-08-2012 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8890066)
Agreed. Good game and congrats on the win (I believe that you're a GA fan, no?).

Yeah, thanks!

BryanBusby 09-08-2012 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 8890061)
Kansas, evidently, lost to Rice.

Charlie Weis should give up on his Head Coaching dreams and just come back, so he can mask the shittyness of Matt Cassel.

Demonpenz 09-08-2012 10:24 PM

it would be hard to enforce, but the NCAA should look at players cramping or faking injuries doing the run of a drive. Because it looks like the insentive is too great not to try to do that when a team is on a drive.

Reaper16 09-08-2012 10:25 PM

I also hatehatehate the new helmet rule. The NCAA is incentivizing players to rip helmets off.

Titty Meat 09-08-2012 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 8890084)
I also hatehatehate the new helmet rule. The NCAA is incentivizing players to rip helmets off.

So is the rule that you can fair catch an onside kick if it bounces off the ground

BryanBusby 09-08-2012 10:28 PM

Quote:

I'm okay with the rule, but it needs to be amended to where players don't get pulled when opponents are ripping it off.

On another note, who the **** green lighted that OneMizzou commercial?

DeezNutz 09-08-2012 10:29 PM

Quote:

Pivotal third down early in the game, and Franklin is forced off the field.

Absolute ****ing joke in a weak attempt to gloss over the hypocrisy present in big-time football. "We care!"

"Next on 'Jacked-up...'"

Sassy Squatch 09-08-2012 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 8890088)
So is the rule that you can fair catch an onside kick if it bounces off the ground

The ****? Doesnt that defeat the purpose of the onside kick.

Titty Meat 09-08-2012 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 8890096)
The ****? Doesnt that defeat the purpose of the onside kick.

Pretty much

ghak99 09-08-2012 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 8890092)
I'm okay with the rule, but it needs to be amended to where players don't get pulled when opponents are ripping it off.

I believe, during tonight's game, they briefly mentioned a clause stating players can not intentionally try to remove an opponents helmet.

DeezNutz 09-08-2012 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghak99 (Post 8890099)
I believe, during tonight's game, they briefly mentioned a clause stating players can not intentionally try to remove an opponents helmet.

Yep. But good luck trying to enforce that with any type of accuracy and consistency.

Anyong Bluth 09-08-2012 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 8889821)
Georgia was missing 2 of their key defensive starters, MU scores 10 with Rambo in there.

I believe it was 4 starters on Defense, not to mention kicking their star Rb off the team.

SEC is brutal and they're gonna need to really load up and get lucky with the big guys in the trenches otherwise their gonna be gassed at the ends of games frequently, not to mention spelling for injuries.

The Tigers were showing nicely against a top 10 team, and reminiscent of teams going to play in mile high's altitude back in the day, everything would be fine for 3 - 3.5 quarters, and then the visiting team started to look like they were playing in mud. Not the same reason but same effect I think hit mu.

ghak99 09-08-2012 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8890102)
Yep. But good luck trying to enforce that with any type of accuracy and consistency.

I agree. It's a shit rule, but I see why they want to protect the players.

Sooner or later it's going to have an influence on a big game.

Bewbies 09-08-2012 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 8890105)
I believe it was 4 starters on Defense, not to mention kicking their star Rb off the team.

SEC is brutal and they're gonna need to really load up and get lucky with the big guys in the trenches otherwise their gonna be gassed at the ends of games frequently, not to mention spelling for injuries.

The Tigers were showing nicely against a top 10 team, and reminiscent of teams going to play in mile high's altitude back in the day, everything would be fine for 3 - 3.5 quarters, and then the visiting team started to look like they were playing in mud. Not the same reason but same effect I think hit mu.

Yeah, 2 LB's and 2 DB's (one is a first team all-american).

Sassy Squatch 09-08-2012 10:52 PM

Glad to know we didn't take advantage of that for most of the game. ****ing have Franklin run at their stalwart d line all night.

notorious 09-08-2012 11:45 PM

Damnit, I had to fly back from Manhattan when the game was at 27-20. What happened?

Sassy Squatch 09-08-2012 11:52 PM

Franklin had a terrible 4th quarter. Whether it was his fault or not doesnt matter, turning the ball over twice and having tbe oponent start at inside your 5 both times will doom anyone.

notorious 09-08-2012 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 8890280)
Franklin had a terrible 4th quarter. Whether it was his fault or not doesnt matter, turning the ball over twice and having tbe oponent start at inside your 5 both times will doom anyone.

Turnovers will always do that.

Thanks.

WilliamTheIrish 09-09-2012 10:16 AM

UGA FANS ARE THE WORST! (tigerboard)

Quote:

Ok I want the "SEC fans are so welcoming and nice" bs to stop now. I hope all the other SEC schools act better than the GA fans. I saw several get kicked out for fighting and throwing things. And I am sorry but for a whole section of fans to flip off every member of the opposing team as they get introduced is classless. I would put them right on par with d-bag ku fans. I never had as much problem with any fan base in the big 12 other than the ku fans.
I love Tigerboard.

|Zach| 09-09-2012 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamInnerCircle (Post 8891183)

I love Tigerboard.

Yea the place is the worst.

Reaper16 09-09-2012 10:26 AM

Tigerboard needs to disappear from the internet and all of those awful, St. Louis-based posters there need to disappear from the Earth.

siberian khatru 09-09-2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 8891227)
Tigerboard needs to disappear from the internet and all of those awful, St. Louis-based posters there need to disappear from the Earth.

Bad format, awful posters.

I still check in there sometimes to see what's going on, but I do most of my hanging-out at Rock M. Genuine analysis, much better brand of poster.

notorious 09-09-2012 10:46 AM

The game I watched showed that Missouri absolutely belongs in the SEC. They played physical on the interior of the line, and showed speed.

They will be just fine.

Bewbies 09-09-2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamInnerCircle (Post 8891183)
UGA FANS ARE THE WORST! (tigerboard)

I love Tigerboard.

Wait till Bama comes to town. LMAO