ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Ravens cry foul over noncall on final play of loss to Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=319453)

O.city 12-10-2018 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 13949323)
If you want to see a real push off, go watch Michael Irvin's touchdown catch over Dale Carter in the '95 Thanksgiving game. If you want to see "push offs" that weren't, but were flagged as such, go look up what happened to Gonzalez in '03 against the Colts or look at that penalty on Crabtree yesterday.

Dude, why? I had moved past that.

bobbything 12-10-2018 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 13949306)
Romo, who is about as objective as it gets, called it a bad call. I suppose you both think that Fisher should have been flagged for holding in the playoff game against the Steelers then, right?

He said it was a bad call because they rarely call it, not because he didn't actually push off. He said, "Eh...I don't know about that blah blah blah."

I did say it was pretty ticky tack but we've seen that shit go against us plenty of times (03 playoff game was far less egregious than yesterday). If they hadn't called it, I wouldn't be complaining either. But to argue that he didn't actually push off is silly. You need to argue that they never call it, so they shouldn't have called it.

WhawhaWhat 12-10-2018 10:13 AM

Same old loser fans in Baltimore. They cried when the Royals kicked the Orioles ass in 2014 and they're crying now. That fan base deserves the losses. **** them.

staylor26 12-10-2018 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 13949323)
If you want to see a real push off, go watch Michael Irvin's touchdown catch over Dale Carter in the '95 Thanksgiving game. If you want to see "push offs" that weren't, but were flagged as such, go look up what happened to Gonzalez in '03 against the Colts or look at that penalty on Crabtree yesterday.

So you think it was ticky tack. Fine. I’m cool with that. That doesn’t change that there was a little bit of a push with the extension of his arms whether you want to admit it or not.

The “block in the back” and that play cancelled eachother out anyways.

'Hamas' Jenkins 12-10-2018 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbything (Post 13949330)
He said it was a bad call because they rarely call it, not because he didn't actually push off. He said, "Eh...I don't know about that blah blah blah."

I did say it was pretty ticky tack but we've seen that shit go against us plenty of times (03 playoff game was far less egregious than yesterday). If they hadn't called it, I wouldn't be complaining either. But to argue that he didn't actually push off is silly. You need to argue that they never call it, so they shouldn't have called it.

Because there's a difference between actually pushing off and what you're claiming is a push off.

Go to :39 of this video. That's a push off because, as the NFL's own network states, it, "significantly hinders an eligible receiver's attempt to catch the ball." What Crabtree did is not precisely because it didn't.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qVuIMhZbZzo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Titty Meat 12-10-2018 10:21 AM

The stupid push off on Crabtree yesterday is karma from his obvious push off never called in the TNF game last year

bobbything 12-10-2018 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 13949339)
Because there's a difference between actually pushing off and what you're claiming is a push off.

Go to :39 of this video. That's a push off because, as the NFL's own network states, it, "significantly hinders an eligible receiver's attempt to catch the ball." What Crabtree did is not precisely because it didn't.

Ugh...fine. I tap out.

https://media.giphy.com/media/54PaD9dWT0go/giphy.gif

'Hamas' Jenkins 12-10-2018 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 13949353)
The stupid push off on Crabtree yesterday is karma from his obvious push off never called in the TNF game last year

That's fair.

kccrow 12-10-2018 10:37 AM

Crabtree pushes off all the time to create separation for himself. He pushed off when he was called for it again yesterday. How hard he pushed off is irrelevant, he still did it. It gained him enough separation to catch the ball and ensure the defender couldn't stop it. It's OPI all day long. The unfortunate truth is the NFL doesn't call OPI but 1% of the time it's actually committed, which is what causes bullshit to begin with. I wouldn't care as much if they didn't call DPI 99% of the time.

Fuller got away with DPI by the way and I was just waiting for the flag. Chiefs caught a rare break. The Ravens' dipshit fans should really watch some KC games before having the balls to think that KC gets calls in their favor regularly.

Mecca 12-10-2018 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 13949210)
Remember that sketchy 'block in the back' that ended a drive for KC?

One hand in front, the other touched the back and he didn't actually redirect the player in any way.

The call on Crabtree was far closer to an actual penalty than that was. IF anything that needs to be called more often. I've seen multiple times this year where a WR pushes off and they flag the DB for... being pushed off on. That's normal in today's NFL, and given how DB's are policed it's complete bullshit how often WR's get away with it.

That's a lot of why DeAndre Hopkins is so good, he physically mauls DB's who aren't allowed to do anything back.

htismaqe 12-10-2018 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 13949397)
Crabtree pushes off all the time to create separation for himself. He pushed off when he was called for it again yesterday. How hard he pushed off is irrelevant, he still did it. It gained him enough separation to catch the ball and ensure the defender couldn't stop it. It's OPI all day long. The unfortunate truth is the NFL doesn't call OPI but 1% of the time it's actually committed, which is what causes bullshit to begin with. I wouldn't care as much if they didn't call DPI 99% of the time.

Fuller got away with DPI by the way and I was just waiting for the flag. Chiefs caught a rare break. The Ravens' dipshit fans should really watch some KC games before having the balls to think that KC gets calls in their favor regularly.

This.

The reason Crabtree got called for OPI, even though he didn't really do anything other than extend his arm, is because Crabtree pushes off ALL THE TIME. He's made a career of pushing off to get separation. He does it nearly every game.

He basically got Dennis Rodman'd yesterday. You live by it, eventually you die by it.

'Hamas' Jenkins 12-10-2018 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 13949438)
This.

The reason Crabtree got called for OPI, even though he didn't really do anything other than extend his arm, is because Crabtree pushes off ALL THE TIME. He's made a career of pushing off to get separation. He does it nearly every game.

He basically got Dennis Rodman'd yesterday. You live by it, eventually you die by it.

I have no problem with this POV.

staylor26 12-10-2018 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 13949438)
This.

It really is a good point.

O.city 12-10-2018 10:59 AM

You wanna come at a Chiefs fan and talk about getting ****ed by officiating? Yeah, that's gonna fall on deaf ears.

The Franchise 12-10-2018 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13949276)
The grabby and physical Ravens are whining about not getting a pass interference call?

Yeah, I'm here for that.

I'm also here to tell them to go **** themselves. They hit our QB late a few times, didn't get flagged. They held Tyreek on a double move, didn't get called.

This.