ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football 2018 Hard Knocks Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=316674)

rico 09-05-2018 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 13709961)
Robacks GF looked like she was the first generation of her family to live outside a trailer park, or maybe not, and she was just a little bit manly looking at times.

I’ve seen a lot worse live in mansions.

Marcellus 09-05-2018 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 13709971)
I’ve seen a lot worse live in mansions.

No doubt, she just looked a little trashy. Would probably be good for a romp though and frankly he is about as "Bro tank" as it gets so its probably a good fit.

3rd&Long 09-05-2018 02:09 PM

The fish stinks from the head on down. Sobering comment for Browns and Chiefs fans. Oh I know you'll say the Chiefs aren't the Browns. Forget that. It's about results in one form or the other.

Baby Lee 09-05-2018 02:50 PM

I thought an uncommented bit of the capricious nature of the game.

Mychal Kendricks committed insider trading while an Eagle, and he hid his status from both teams.

But even now, if people think 'Mychal Kendricks of the Eagles' there's a mental image of a SB champ. And if they think 'Mychal Kendricks of the Browns' there's a mental image of a felon.

rico 09-05-2018 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13710069)
I thought an uncommented bit of the capricious nature of the game.

Mychal Kendricks committed insider trading while an Eagle, and he hid his status from both teams.

But even now, if people think 'Mychal Kendricks of the Eagles' there's a mental image of a SB champ. And if they think 'Mychal Kendricks of the Browns' there's a mental image of a felon.

Truth.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 09-05-2018 03:00 PM

Eliot Wolfe comes across like a little twerp. Nepotism is such a joke in the NFL.

chiefzilla1501 09-05-2018 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 13709521)
Haley has been made somewhat likable after this season.. but that feeling runs contrary to his history. I think it's kind of a byproduct of almost everyone featured on this season being portrayed as likable people.

I also liked how the episodes narrowed in scope to only focusing on the fringe guys for the last two. Focusing on the space cadet Cajuste and family man Orchard were good moves.

Roback's girlfriend is kinda gross, though.

I think it's a lot more of a byproduct of the media loving to sensationalized sideline explosions. They sold the story that he and Kurt Warner were going at it. They're actually best friends. We saw him light Landry up last week. Would we have known haley apologized to Landry after if not for hard knocks? Probably not. I've always felt there was plenty of a lighter side we just never see

chiefzilla1501 09-05-2018 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 13709286)
No I meant if he was such a good coach, why was he let go off like that? Youd think a team would want to keep the OC of their top 5 offense on board instead of letting him take the same job with another team. I don't think Steelers front office is incompetent so I think it's very likely Haley was a hothead like he always is and rubbed a lot of other coaches and players the wrong way.
Posted via Mobile Device

I think he was the fall guy. Everybody knows Tomlin needs to go. Easier to blame haley. I never sensed he rubbed off badly at all with the coaches and the Rooneys were pretty reluctant to let him go. He was an easy fall guy because fans didn't love his playcalling and because big Ben is a big baby. It at least looks like the steelers did something. Big Ben wants to freelance. We'll see if his 36 year old body will regret that when he starts getting knocked around again.

rico 09-05-2018 03:54 PM

I mean for real...the guy had a 10-6 season...with Matt Cassel as his ordained QB that he couldn’t do anything about... that’s an accomplishment...

Marcellus 09-05-2018 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 13710219)
I mean for real...the guy had a 10-6 season...with Matt Cassel as his ordained QB that he couldn’t do anything about... that’s an accomplishment...

He is also the guy who turned Derrick Johnson's career around.

rico 09-05-2018 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 13710222)
He is also the guy who turned Derrick Johnson's career around.

And Bowe.

rico 09-05-2018 03:58 PM

I always wonder if we have any DJ types at the moment...guys who will drive us nuts before blossoming after a few years.

ToxSocks 09-05-2018 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 13710229)
I always wonder if we have any DJ types at the moment...guys who will drive us nuts before blossoming after a few years.

Speaks might be a candidate for that.

Marcellus 09-05-2018 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 13710229)

K-Pass, he is going to flash and he is going to look stupid at times learning a new position.

But he is an athletic freak.

rico 09-05-2018 04:30 PM

It’d be nice if Ford became a consistent beast. It’s about freaking time.