ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Philip Gaines (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=311174)

doomy3 11-20-2017 03:58 PM

I've never seen a defensive back in the NFL with worse ball skills than Gaines. He has absolutely no idea how to track a ball that is in the air.

Edit: I'm not sure I've seen a player at his position with worse ball skills at any level of football above high school. It really is astonishing how poorly he adjusts to the ball.

bowener 11-20-2017 04:20 PM

How useful would Revis be and what would it cost to rent him for three months?

Easy 6 11-20-2017 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 13229504)
How useful would Revis be and what would it cost to rent him for three months?

Revis is completely shot, no one even tried him out at safety... he is done

BlackHelicopters 11-20-2017 04:56 PM

The real problem is: with Berry missing, our defense is absolutely devoid of talent. Peters included.

lcarus 11-20-2017 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 13229432)
Gaines is a bad last name to have as a defensive back.

I'd stay away from guys with the last name "Conversion" and "Holding" as well.

but, I'm not a scout.

Sadly, DeSean Leading With The Crown Of Your Helmet didn't pan out in this league.

TEX 11-20-2017 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomy3 (Post 13229458)
I've never seen a defensive back in the NFL with worse ball skills than Gaines. He has absolutely no idea how to track a ball that is in the air.

Edit: I'm not sure I've seen a player at his position with worse ball skills at any level of football above high school. It really is astonishing how poorly he adjusts to the ball.

I laughed my ass off when Dan Fouts said, "What the heck is Gains doing?" ROFL

Flying High D 11-20-2017 09:12 PM

He would be good at football camps to demonstrate what not to do.

bowener 11-21-2017 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13229601)
Revis is completely shot, no one even tried him out at safety... he is done

I thought he refused to switch to safety.

edit: Looked it up, and he wanted to give it a go. I am genuinely curious how big a difference there is between old Revis and current Gaines.

Black Bob 11-21-2017 07:59 AM

Gaines played a good game until he slipped on OT. He is definitely better on the outside than the inside. I remember arguing that when he was the nickel. I feel sorry for him. He just had bad luck on that play.

TEX 11-21-2017 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Bob (Post 13230720)
Gaines played a good game until he slipped on OT. He is definitely better on the outside than the inside. I remember arguing that when he was the nickel. I feel sorry for him. He just had bad luck on that play.

He seems to have a lot of bad luck at the worst possible times. He's at the point where it's not luck, it's just bad.

Hog's Gone Fishin 11-21-2017 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 13229324)
Dude, his mom is gonna read this.

You're presuming his mom can read.

Rausch 11-21-2017 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Bob (Post 13230720)

I was a big Gaines backer.

At this point I'm convinced he's got the "Bartee Syndrome."

Above average talent but no ability to make a play on the ball. In important situations you can just lob it up and expect the WR to make the catch...