ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop Andy Reid's football team (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=308406)

notorious 06-25-2017 08:38 AM

Andy has made some stupid play calls. No doubt about it.

The Tenn and TB games were abortions of the highest order. He has his flaws, and his offenses have sucked in KC for a while now.

Eleazar 06-25-2017 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 12930737)
Andy has made some stupid play calls. No doubt about it.

The Tenn and TB games were abortions of the highest order. He has his flaws, and his offenses have sucked in KC for a while now.

Reid is certainly an improvement over the standard of coaching we have seen in recent years. Nobody is disputing that. But eventually his litany of mistakes in critical situations hold him back.

This is part of why he's lost 5 of his last 6 postseason games, and I think we can all acknowledge that beating that 9-7 Texans team did not require what it usually takes to win a playoff game.

Barring some sort of miracle in 2017, with aging key players on defense and a declining quarterback, Reid will probably finish year 5 in KC without having made any sort of a run in the playoffs. The Chiefs have not been Super Bowl contenders during his tenure - you need to win multiple playoff games to call yourself that.

Questions should be asked of Reid that ownership is not going to ask.

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-25-2017 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 12930759)
The Chiefs have not been Super Bowl contenders during his tenure - you need to win multiple playoff games to call yourself that.

Questions should be asked of Reid that ownership is not going to ask.

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/83/83206...39d5192b2e.jpg

LMAO

splatbass 06-25-2017 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 12930759)
The Chiefs have not been Super Bowl contenders during his tenure - you need to win multiple playoff games to call yourself that.

That is a rather arbitrary statement.

DaneMcCloud 06-25-2017 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 12931013)

Exactly.

I'd like him to explain why the Tennessee Titans are considered a contender this year.

Eleazar 06-25-2017 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 12931013)

Of course, what teams are "contenders" is subjective, but how can a team that has only beaten one playoff team during Reid's tenure, in particular the rather sad one that we beat, claim that they were a credible threat to win the Super Bowl?

thegame214 09-28-2017 10:04 PM

Let's not forget have quickly Andy and Dorsey changed the entire outlook of this team. Reid's play calling can be suspect, but we are more than fortunate to have a guy with his experience. He was a no brainer hire and has to eat Philly up to see him leading "the best team in the NFL". Andys underrated on this board and makes bone head mistakes sure, but he's our guy and am damn proud to have him on our side.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-28-2017 10:18 PM

Mahomes Cures All.

Halfcan 09-29-2017 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 13111194)
Mahomes Cures All.

I hope they beef up the O line in the offseason- they have been less than impressive so far this year. I don't want Mahomes to get killed out there.

Eleazar 09-29-2017 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thegame214 (Post 13111169)
Let's not forget have quickly Andy and Dorsey changed the entire outlook of this team. Reid's play calling can be suspect, but we are more than fortunate to have a guy with his experience. He was a no brainer hire and has to eat Philly up to see him leading "the best team in the NFL". Andys underrated on this board and makes bone head mistakes sure, but he's our guy and am damn proud to have him on our side.

I'm not sure how he can be "underrated" when every criticism of him is met with "HOF!"

The first two weeks were encouraging. Last week looked an awful lot like 2016.

Hopefully the team that walloped the Pats is the real Chiefs, that everyone stays healthy, that they have decided to open up the offense, and that Alex Smith will play at the Pats game level all year. Then we'll be in good shape.

More likely Reid is doing what he does in the regular season, which is beat mediocre teams and win an occasional big game. But without some game-changer like a QB change, we have the same stew as last year and can probably expect about the same result.

We're all patiently waiting for Mahomes to pan out, this season is more or less in-flight entertainment.

BlackOp 09-29-2017 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 13111656)
More likely Reid is doing what he does in the regular season, which is beat mediocre teams and win an occasional big game. But without some game-changer like a QB change, we have the same stew as last year and can probably expect about the same result.

We're all patiently waiting for Mahomes to pan out, this season is more or less in-flight entertainment.

Having a physical back like Hunt...I'd say he's a game changer...especially when it gets cold.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-29-2017 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 13111631)
I hope they beef up the O line in the offseason- they have been less than impressive so far this year. I don't want Mahomes to get killed out there.

Mahomes will take whatever line he is given and make it work. That's what he does.
Many Smith backers will be stymied by this.

Reerun_KC 09-29-2017 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 13111881)
Having a physical back like Hunt...I'd say he's a game changer...especially when it gets cold.

Chiefs fan. Relying on a running back in a forward pass league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk