ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs BUT they said Alex Smith can't make reads!?? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=307779)

TigeRRUppeRRcut 05-17-2017 03:40 PM

So only 4 franchise quarterbacks that have done better than Smith in 12 years of drafts
Luck and Dalton haven't won anything

I would say Dorsey made the right move acquiring Smitty

Kman34 05-17-2017 03:44 PM

Just looked at CP today... Holy Shit...Just give it up dude.. When Mahomes is ready he will be the man...Hopefully sooner than later..

Sandy Vagina 05-17-2017 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerUppercut (Post 12877942)
So only 4 franchise quarterbacks that have done better than Smith in 12 years of drafts
Luck and Dalton haven't won anything

Many grudgingly can agree with that.

It's just that they feel the team can't get further with Smith. I actually think it's not a wildly unreasonable opinion.. though I think the failures around Smith are conveniently or ignorantly overlooked.

Just as it's always been. The back and forth here is entertaining, but obviously has no bearing on what really matters.

What matters to ME is two-fold here. (1) Lumped together on the whole... Smith and the Chiefs must have had top 5 consistent success of any Franchises over the course of this Andy era. (2) The Chiefs moved up to acquire an exciting rookie QB to develop.. and they did it at the right time.

All in all.. should be smiles all around. :)

Hammock Parties 05-17-2017 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerUppercut (Post 12877942)

Yeah really worked out for him with that one token playoff win over a garbage QB.

RunKC 05-17-2017 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 12877954)
Yeah really worked out for him with that one token playoff win over a garbage QB.

He was a bridge QB. He served his purpose

milkman 05-17-2017 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 12877249)
Hill is raw, Kelce is great no disagreement there but he does need to work on his drops. Conley is a disappointment so far. Maclin had a great year with Alex his first year here so you really can't blame his dropoff last year on Alex IMO. Maclin himself said he had a rough year due to personal problems, not because of Alex.

Our WRs/TEs as a group are decent but nothing special IMO. I will say that if Hill can develop into a great WR we should be fine.

Are you Alex haters going to blame the Chiefs bad run D on Alex too?

Not blaming the run D on Smith.

But if Smith was actually good, the poor run D wouldn't been so problematic.

milkman 05-17-2017 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 12877256)
Terrible, at least when I trolled with Cassell I was half way funny...

No.
No, you weren't funny.

TigeRRUppeRRcut 05-17-2017 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12877960)
He was a bridge QB. He served his purpose

Define bridge QB. Cause half a decade or more tells me Dorsey considers him a franchise QB

RunKC 05-17-2017 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerUppercut (Post 12877983)
Define bridge QB. Cause half a decade or more tells me Dorsey considers him a franchise QB

Yeah I'm sure that's why Dorsey drafted Mahomes ROFL

pugsnotdrugs19 05-17-2017 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerUppercut (Post 12877897)
Just curious... How many QBs drafted since 2005 have a better win percentage than Smith and have as many starts as him?

All he does is win. Fact.

Literally half of the current NFL starting QBs (if not more) could win 10+ games with the coaching staff and roster of the past 4 years. Undoubtedly.

Ming the Merciless 05-17-2017 04:10 PM

Quote:

half a decade or more tells me Dorsey considers him a franchise QB

Yes but something also 'told you' to choose alex smith out of all of the possible NFL players to stalk and worship...something TOLD YOU to follow him around to the message boards of teams of which youre not even a fan....

something told you to keep making stuipid posts....

somethign told you to choose alex smith over all else, including nipple/vagina of actual females

Perhaps you should figure out what this something is, find it...and kill it before it turns you into even more of a flaming douche bag moron?

The Franchise 05-17-2017 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 12877991)
Literally half of the current NFL starting QBs (if not more) could win 10+ games with the coaching staff and roster of the past 4 years. Undoubtedly.

Tom Brady
Big Ben
Andrew Luck
Marcus Mariota
Philip Rivers
Derek Carr
Dak Prescott
Eli Manning
Carson Wentz
Kirk Cousins
Matt Stafford
Aaron Rodgers
Matt Ryan
Drew Brees
Jameis Winston
Russell Wilson

milkman 05-17-2017 04:18 PM

Quote:

Half a decade (4 years, actually) is what it took Reid to finally realize he couldn't turn this turd into steak.

Ming the Merciless 05-17-2017 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 12878007)
Half a decade (4 years, actually) is what it took Reid to finally realize he couldn't turn this turd into steak.

but..but...FRANCHISE QB!1111!!!!

Thats why we dropped next years 1st and a 3rd this year to move up 17 spots to get a QB...because we needed a great backup for our FRANCHISE QB!!!!

DUMBASS

pugsnotdrugs19 05-17-2017 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12878002)
Tom Brady
Big Ben
Andrew Luck
Marcus Mariota
Philip Rivers
Derek Carr
Dak Prescott
Eli Manning
Carson Wentz
Kirk Cousins
Matt Stafford
Aaron Rodgers
Matt Ryan
Drew Brees
Jameis Winston
Russell Wilson

I think you could probably add Newton, Dalton, Flacco, Palmer, and Tyrod to that list. Hell, Kaepernick made that SF team better. You could probably add him if you wanted to.