ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Does this Chiefs team have a good chance to win the SuperBowl? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=304148)

JohnnyHammersticks 12-02-2016 03:13 PM

No. Not with Alice Cassel.

Mile High Mania 12-02-2016 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12591535)
It's basically NE and the AFC West in the AFC. Nobody else can challenge but maybe Pitt

Maybe I'm misreading them and just buying into highlights, but the Titans have looked dangerous and could make a run here. Texans are 6-5 with @ Packers, @ Colts, v Jags, v Bengals, @ Titans. They can easily lose their grip at the top of that division.

Titans 6-6 ... bye, v Broncos, @ Chiefs, @ Jaguars, v Texans

They can get to 8-8 fairly reasonably... they've played well enough to win 1 of those AFCW games, esp Denver in TN. The game @ KC should be fun.

Eleazar 12-02-2016 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smasher (Post 12591312)
In total offense (yards), we are #28
In passing yards per game, we are #23
In rushing yards per game, we are #23

In total defense (yards allowed), we are #26
In pass yards allowed per game, we are #20
In rushing yards allowed per game, we are #29

Does that sound like a Super Bowl team?

Being +14 in turnovers covers a multitude of sins, but that is not a trend that is likely to continue all the way through the super bowl.

After a likely playoff one and done, maybe people will look at the hard numbers and see that basically all the data points are mediocre, and people should ask why Reid has such middling offense and defense in year four?

Why should we be concerned about this weekend?

For starters, Atlanta is #3 in passing. And they will be playing a Chiefs defense that was just lit up for 368 yards by Trevor Siemian, a 7th round pick who had only thrown for 300 yards once before and has now been benched in favor of Lynch.

Siemian nearly doubled his yards per attempt against the Chiefs over what he did the previous week against New Orleans, one of the league's worst defenses.

The Chiefs defense is many things. Exciting, opportunistic, ball-hawking, whatever. But it is not technically good against the run or the pass. And Atlanta's high powered offense should scare us - especially since we are near the bottom of the league in offense and Atlanta is averaging a full 10 points more per game than we are.

Can the defense turn it around? Maybe everyone will get healthy. Maybe Gaines will suddenly learn to play. Maybe we can figure out how to stop the run. Hope so. Don't think so.

This is probably going to be a tough road game, and we don't match up well with them. If we can create turnovers then maybe the streak continues. If our offense was ever going to get going it would be this week, ATL is terrible against the pass too. If we get another bad performance from Smith this week we've really got problems.

I am on the Chiefs train with all of you but I think this is an 8-8 team that's riding a turnover wave that will eventually break.

rico 12-02-2016 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks (Post 12591538)
No. Not with Alice Cassel.

This.

DaneMcCloud 12-02-2016 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smasher (Post 12591540)
I am on the Chiefs train with all of you but I think this is an 8-8 team that's riding a turnover wave that will eventually break.

Then you clearly don't watch any other NFL games.

Good ****ing god.

carcosa 12-02-2016 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonM (Post 12591410)
According to the Wall Street Journal...no.

Kansas City Chiefs: The NFL Team That Defies All Logic

**** u buddy

TripleThreat 12-02-2016 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12591549)
Then you clearly don't watch any other NFL games.

Good ****ing god.

my thoughts exactly..

If we were playing vs Dallas last night, and got all the breaks MINN got, we wouldve slammed dallas to the ground and walked away with a W, and Minnesota is an 8-8 team...

Your very right DaneMccloud, that some posters here are so ignorant when it comes to the reality of football.

Eleazar 12-02-2016 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripleThreat (Post 12591554)
my thoughts exactly..

If we were playing vs Dallas last night, and got all the breaks MINN got, we wouldve slammed dallas to the ground and walked away with a W, and Minnesota is an 8-8 team...

Your very right DaneMccloud, that some posters here are so ignorant when it comes to the reality of football.

Minnesota has a top-5 defense. They might be the best team in the league against the pass, they are very good against the run too. Minnesota's defense against Dallas's offensive line is a heavyweight bout. Our defense, bottom third against both run and pass, would be dominated by Dallas's o-line.

Maybe we could produce big plays at the right times, but Dallas's ability to handle a pass rush makes them a bad matchup for us, because our defense is nothing without it.

DaneMcCloud 12-02-2016 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smasher (Post 12591583)
Minnesota has a top-5 defense. They might be the best team in the league against the pass, they are very good against the run too. Minnesota's defense against Dallas's offensive line is a heavyweight bout. Our defense, bottom third against both run and pass, would be dominated by Dallas's o-line.

Maybe we could produce big plays at the right times, but Dallas's ability to handle a pass rush makes them a bad matchup for us, because our defense is nothing without it.

You're ****ing nuts.

Is this another Claynus mult?

rico 12-02-2016 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks (Post 12590884)
I look at the rest of the AFC, and do not see why anyone would honestly say KC doesn't have a good chance. :shrug:

Well...there are a ton of fans from other teams as well as our own who believe (with good reason) that our chances of making the Super Bowl are hindered substantially due to our QB situation.

Eleazar 12-02-2016 03:53 PM

What did I say that was false? Our defense produces some big plays but gives up yards like it's going out of style.

I don't believe this model is sustainable when you have a bottom-10 offense because we can only win a game one way - the defense has to be great for all four quarters and the offense needs to basically be mistake-free. They are fun to watch but it's not a fundamentally dominant unit in any quantifiable way.

jspchief 12-02-2016 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 12591539)
Maybe I'm misreading them and just buying into highlights, but the Titans have looked dangerous and could make a run here. Texans are 6-5 with @ Packers, @ Colts, v Jags, v Bengals, @ Titans. They can easily lose their grip at the top of that division.

Titans 6-6 ... bye, v Broncos, @ Chiefs, @ Jaguars, v Texans

They can get to 8-8 fairly reasonably... they've played well enough to win 1 of those AFCW games, esp Denver in TN. The game @ KC should be fun.

The Titans have been playing well. KC finishes with 5 very difficult games. Way too early to be talking about home field advantage.

Sandy Vagina 12-02-2016 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 12591590)
Well...there are a ton of fans from other teams as well as our own who believe (with good reason) that our chances of making the Super Bowl are hindered substantially due to our QB situation.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/06/you-dont-say.gif

shocking revelation... just shocking!

Hydrae 12-02-2016 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smasher (Post 12591593)
What did I say that was false? Our defense produces some big plays but gives up yards like it's going out of style.

I don't believe this model is sustainable when you have a bottom-10 offense because we can only win a game one way - the defense has to be great for all four quarters and the offense needs to basically be mistake-free. They are fun to watch but it's not a fundamentally dominant unit in any quantifiable way.

First you need to stop leaning so heavily on yards as the important stat for judging offense and defense. This is especially true with our defense this year. Yards do not win games, pay attention to scoring defense as that is a better indicator of winning and losing.

The other thing I would point out from an earlier post of yours, Seimien was NOT benched, he is hurt (remember reading earlier this week that he was in a walking boot?). That is why Lynch is starting.

You are trying to push a negative slant on things but really need to look at the whole picture rather than just a few stats or incorrect information.

Just MO of course!

jspchief 12-02-2016 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smasher (Post 12591583)

Agree. KC wishes they were playing like the Vikings defense this year.