ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals What happens to Billy Butler? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=287935)

Prison Bitch 10-30-2014 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 11071974)
It's gotta be tough to compete with teams like SF that sell out all the time. I was looking at season tickets for next year. OK seats are like 8k for two, nothing special. I gotta do something though the stadium is a rocks throw away. Maybe I will split it two or three ways.

You can contribute to the Matt Cain retirement fund

Prison Bitch 10-30-2014 05:12 PM

People found it so funny Fat-Ass was pictured gorging himself on Joes BBQ yesterday. But I didn't. It showed a sloth who couldn't even bother to eat decent during a freakin WS. And sure as shit the lardo barely made it home on Alex' double.

Obv he'd have been faster If he cared about his weight and trained even moderately. DM is a no-nonsense guy so when Fattys bat left him, all that was left was a slovenly bucket of goo.

BigMeatballDave 10-30-2014 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 11072065)
People found it so funny Fat-Ass was pictured gorging himself on Joes BBQ yesterday. But I didn't. It showed a sloth who couldn't even bother to eat decent during a freakin WS. And sure as shit the lardo barely made it home on Alex' double.

Obv he'd have been faster If he cared about his weight and trained even moderately. DM is a no-nonsense guy so when Fattys bat left him, all that was left was a slovenly bucket of goo.

Tons of stupid in this post.

Prison Bitch 10-30-2014 05:19 PM

Like I said, we have a rube fanbase (cough cough) who thinks its cool the guy eats garbage. Of course had he been thrown out and the inning ruined, you'd have just blamed Yost somehow

Coach 10-30-2014 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 11071924)
The part that stinks is there will probably be people who think "same 'ol cheap Royals" when Shields and Butler walk. Hopefully that doesn't become the story.

Not me. To me, that's the right business decision. Butler has declined, and his value isn't high as it once was.

Shields, I love the guy, and he was a great addition, but he's going to get paid, and it's not fiscally smart for the Royals to try to sign him for what I suspect a large contract.

That money will eventually will go to arbitration eligible players anyways, so....

Coach 10-30-2014 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 11071886)
Had lunch with my best source...

It sounds like this thread is a waste of time. Butler will not be a Royal next year, even though it seems like he wants to be.

Don't let the "we" and "us" from Shields fool you. He's also gone, no doubt.

They're going to be looking for the things we want them to look for (RH bat for the OF, proven SP to slot into the rotation).

That's the good move. I enjoyed Butler's time here, but it is time for a change of scenery for everyone involved. I wish Billy nothing but the best.

I also figured Shields would be gone. Duncan, would your source know if KC will offer the qualifying offer to Shields? I mean, common sense would say yes, because you want a draft pick out of it, but thought I would ask.

Are they still interested in resigning Aoki? If so, why. Just curious on that one.

DaveNull 10-30-2014 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 11072065)

I never thought I'd see the day when i agreed with PB. Too slow and neither athletic or smart enough to play defense. His weak ass display in Game 5 as a pinch hitter was embarrassing and his little outburst after getting struck out by MadBum last night shows he doesn't have the mental toughness we need either.

As far as shields goes, he's such an outlier on the payroll that I think he's got to walk. If he was a lights out ace like Bumgarder it might be a different story but I think he's an above average starter.

penbrook 10-30-2014 06:25 PM

Saturday is the deadline for Royals to pick up Billy Butler's $12.5 million option. Sources say they are expected to decline. As you know.

penbrook 10-30-2014 08:15 PM

Per Jon Heyman

Royals expected to decline billy butlers $12M option. With aoki a free agent, may pursue torii hunter (they tried 7 yrs ago)