ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals It was a hell of a run (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=287929)

Nzoner 10-30-2014 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 11070731)
I posted this in the GDT, so I'll drop it here as well.

My only regret is not calling a bookie a flip flopping my 30/1 Vegas ticket as I could've guaranteed myself $300 :(

Bearcat 10-30-2014 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 505 Chief (Post 11070736)
Nope. Just disengaged.

I commend the Royals for finally crawling out of the gutter, but it's become blatantly obvious that outside of soccer, KC is a no man's land for anyone who wants to take pride in their sports.

I'm done carrying the "badge of shame" for the City of Kansas City Missouri as a resident in a different part of the country.

This has been the most fun, stress free, unbelievably awesome month of pro sports in KC during my lifetime, and it didn't end until the final batter of game 7 of the World ****ing Series.

If you can't enjoy that ride and can't take pride in being a fan of that team after what they did on and off the field, you should definitely quit watching baseball and maybe all sports.

Chiefs Scratch 10-30-2014 04:12 PM

Maybe next year...

Mav 10-30-2014 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrroandrro (Post 11071211)
Respectfully I disagree. We could have had all of the "4 P's" and still would have lost with the way Bumbundle of sticksner pitching. He was lights out and he was the difference, not the "4 P's". I dont believe their roster from top to bottom was way better, they just had a pitcher that we could not touch. Sad ending to a phenomenal run. Amazing to experience it but heartbreaking in the end.

This was the best world series I have seen this millennium. The two teams are phenomenal.

Why Not? 10-30-2014 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 11071956)
This has been the most fun, stress free, unbelievably awesome month of pro sports in KC during my lifetime, and it didn't end until the final batter of game 7 of the World ****ing Series.

If you can't enjoy that ride and can't take pride in being a fan of that team after what they did on and off the field, you should definitely quit watching baseball and maybe all sports.

Perfect. I realized today I am more bummed about this fun month being over than I am the result of the game

WilliamTheIrish 10-30-2014 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 11071956)

This has been the greatest run since 85 and in many respects it's been better. That WC game will live forever. Late inning HR's to beat the Angels. Late inning shutdown pitching to beat the O's. This team left Baltimore fans crying in their wake.

We limped home in for game 6 and ****ing destroyed the Giants. In the end, my WC hero popped up to end game 7. But I'm not disappointed at all today. I got to see WC, LDS, ALCS games.

I was fortunate enough to spend a magical Tuesday night in Royals stadium with my 30 year old son watching Yordano Ventura's first WS start. We shared that joy together. That, for so many years, was just a faint hope for me. But it happened and I smiled and laughed and enjoyed that night like few others in my life.

We consoled each other last night through the bitter disappointment of a game 7 loss. But I'm happy for these guys. They will forever live in my heart. Because even we make the playoffs again, it will never be like this year. It will be fantastic. But it will never have the feeling of this season.

I'll cherish this season forever.

Prison Bitch 10-30-2014 05:28 PM

Imagine if SF had a healthy Cain and the old lincecum rather than the three bums they trotted out for batting practice.

Mama Hip Rockets 10-30-2014 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 11071156)
This team reminded me of a Marty Ball baseball team. Do just enough to win with lesser talent, play over your head and just miss out to a way better roster. If just one of the 4 P's (Panik, Panda, Posey, Pence) was on our team, we would have won easily.

What? Panik and Posey had terrible series. Bumgarner is the one and only reason San Francisco won the series.

Mama Hip Rockets 10-30-2014 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 11072075)
This has been the greatest run since 85 and in many respects it's been better. That WC game will live forever. Late inning HR's to beat the Angels. Late inning shutdown pitching to beat the O's. This team left Baltimore fans crying in their wake.

We limped home in for game 6 and ****ing destroyed the Giants. In the end, my WC hero popped up to end game 7. But I'm not disappointed at all today. I got to see WC, LDS, ALCS games.

I was fortunate enough to spend a magical Tuesday night in Royals stadium with my 30 year old son watching Yordano Ventura's first WS start. We shared that joy together. That, for so many years, was just a faint hope for me. But it happened and I smiled and laughed and enjoyed that night like few others in my life.

We consoled each other last night through the bitter disappointment of a game 7 loss. But I'm happy for these guys. They will forever live in my heart. Because even we make the playoffs again, it will never be like this year. It will be fantastic. But it will never have the feeling of this season.

I'll cherish this season forever.

Well said. It was a sickening ending, but we had a heck of a ride.

Mama Hip Rockets 10-30-2014 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 11072007)
Perfect. I realized today I am more bummed about this fun month being over than I am the result of the game

Haha. When 7:00 rolled around this evening, I was like, "What am I going to do now? Why is baseball not on?"

Why Not? 10-30-2014 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thurman merman (Post 11072473)
Haha. When 7:00 rolled around this evening, I was like, "What am I going to do now? Why is baseball not on?"

I know. Tonight sucks. Thank God I have Halloween with the kids tomorrow and Vegas Saturday and Sunday. By Monday I hope the gnaw in my gut is gone

007 10-30-2014 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 11071894)
My only regret is not calling a bookie a flip flopping my 30/1 Vegas ticket as I could've guaranteed myself $300 :(

The house always wins.