ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Ouch: PFW Evaluates Geno, Barkley (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271664)

Just Passin' By 04-03-2013 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9552756)
Like I said the same guy who did a hit piece last yr on RGIII:rolleyes:

Please feel free to quote this hit piece.

patteeu 04-03-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9552756)
Like I said the same guy who did a hit piece last yr on RGIII:rolleyes:

Link? Did you read my response the first time you posted this?

ForeverChiefs58 04-03-2013 09:09 AM

http://m.espn.go.com/general/video?v...71&src=desktop

Coogs 04-03-2013 11:01 AM

Mike Mayock on Nolan Nawrocki:

"I know Nolan Nawrocki very, very well," Mayock said on ESPN's "Mike & Mike in the Morning" on Wednesday. "The guy has an unbelievable group of sources throughout the NFL. He works it tirelessly. I've been on the phone with the guy at midnight, 2 a.m., talking draft. The guy is crazy as far as his passion and love for the game."

"When he puts that out there, there's no agenda. He's not trying to bash Cam Newton or Geno Smith. This is the feedback he's getting from scouts and what he believes based on his tape study. Does that mean it's right or wrong? No. We have to minimize that a little bit because scouts can say a lot of things to get their opinions out there for their own vested reasons."

"I would bang the table for Nolan Nawrocki," Mayock said. "I couldn't take Geno Smith in the top 10, probably the top 20. I can't stand this whole quarterback class."

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-03-2013 11:04 AM

Oh go bang your old lady; she probably needs it.
Posted via Mobile Device

patteeu 04-03-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9553183)

"I know Nolan Nawrocki very, very well," Mayock said on ESPN's "Mike & Mike in the Morning" on Wednesday. "The guy has an unbelievable group of sources throughout the NFL. He works it tirelessly. I've been on the phone with the guy at midnight, 2 a.m., talking draft. The guy is crazy as far as his passion and love for the game."

"When he puts that out there, there's no agenda. He's not trying to bash Cam Newton or Geno Smith. This is the feedback he's getting from scouts and what he believes based on his tape study. Does that mean it's right or wrong? No. We have to minimize that a little bit because scouts can say a lot of things to get their opinions out there for their own vested reasons."

"I would bang the table for Nolan Nawrocki," Mayock said. "I couldn't take Geno Smith in the top 10, probably the top 20. I can't stand this whole quarterback class."

Ouch.

Buckweath 04-03-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

After his pro day, didn't Mayock say Geno is ''absolutely a top ten talent''??

RealSNR 04-03-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 9552743)
Just some follow up:

On NFL Live last night, McShay spoke about it some more. He acknowledged hearing things like those that Nawrocki was pointing out, and his area of complete disagreement was about the work effort. Mortensen agreed with McShay about the work effort aspect, and said that he felt Nawrocki was over the top with the way he worded things.

So, listening to the various analysts, what we may well have here is a guy (Nawrocki) who got it all/mostly/largely right, but was out of date with the work effort stuff (might have been right earlier in Smith's college career), and was harsh enough in his wording that sports shows desperate for something to talk about were able to use him to fill up the airwaves.

You don't know that, and even if Todd McShay were the be all end all of all draft news/reports/analysis, to say he believes Nawrocki is even "largely right" is a huge stretch.

Right now you're just reacting to a forum that has an overall favorable impression of Geno Smith, so guys who are obtuse and way out in left field on this (Nawrocki) are the ones you're going to hang your hat on. THEY'RE the right ones, and everybody else is just making shit up to feel better about not getting a QB in the draft this year.

That's disingenuous garbage on your part.

Just Passin' By 04-03-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9553302)
You don't know that, and even if Todd McShay were the be all end all of all draft news/reports/analysis, to say he believes Nawrocki is even "largely right" is a huge stretch.

Right now you're just reacting to a forum that has an overall favorable impression of Geno Smith, so guys who are obtuse and way out in left field on this (Nawrocki) are the ones you're going to hang your hat on. THEY'RE the right ones, and everybody else is just making shit up to feel better about not getting a QB in the draft this year.

That's disingenuous garbage on your part.

There's nothing disingenuous about it. What was disingenuous was you highlighting what you did while ignoring what preceeded it:

Quote:

what we may well have here

Mav 04-03-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Holy Hell.........I mean, just effing wow.......Scorched.

Messier 04-03-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckweath (Post 9553221)
After his pro day, didn't Mayock say Geno is ''absolutely a top ten talent''??

I think he said he could go in the top ten.

RealSNR 04-03-2013 12:19 PM

Stephen A. Smith nailed it. I didn't like his blubbering later on talking about "Affecting the lives and careers of young kids blah blah." Geno Smith will be fine, and Cam Newton certainly has turned out fine. Nolan Nawrocki hasn't destroyed any careers or dreams as far as I know.

The guy simply can't write that shit about the top QB in a draft class without investigating shit himself. He didn't even ****ing meet Cam Newton, and I have no idea if he met Geno Smith. If he didn't meet Geno Smith, the dude's a fraud and should be called out for the way he does these reports.

And knowing what we know about Cam Newton, it wouldn't surprise me to see Geno Smith have a successful NFL career. This Nawrocki clown can keep up with these psycho-analytical reports all he wants, but when he keeps getting them wrong and barely even touches the football side on the "Negatives" column, then he's a ****ing hack. I don't care how well respected he is or how many connections he has. He's not a real journalist.

<script src="http://player.espn.com/player.js?&playerBrandingId=4ef8000cbaf34c1687a7d9a26fe0e89e&pcode=1kNG061cgaoolOncv54OAO1ceO-I&width=576&height=324&externalId=espn:9125042&thruParam_espn-ui[autoPlay]=false&thruParam_espn-ui[playRelatedExternally]=true"></script>

RealSNR 04-03-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 9553323)
There's nothing disingenuous about it. What was disingenuous was you highlighting what you did while ignoring what preceeded it:

Fine. I missed those two words.

BryanBusby 04-03-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9552647)
What are you talking about? It's pretty clear you didn't even read the report.

Completely belittling and bigoted! :rolleyes:

You're a ****ing idiot Pat.

patteeu 04-03-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9553452)
Stephen A. Smith nailed it. I didn't like his blubbering later on talking about "Affecting the lives and careers of young kids blah blah." Geno Smith will be fine, and Cam Newton certainly has turned out fine. Nolan Nawrocki hasn't destroyed any careers or dreams as far as I know.

The guy simply can't write that shit about the top QB in a draft class without investigating shit himself. He didn't even ****ing meet Cam Newton, and I have no idea if he met Geno Smith. If he didn't meet Geno Smith, the dude's a fraud and should be called out for the way he does these reports.

And knowing what we know about Cam Newton, it wouldn't surprise me to see Geno Smith have a successful NFL career. This Nawrocki clown can keep up with these psycho-analytical reports all he wants, but when he keeps getting them wrong and barely even touches the football side on the "Negatives" column, then he's a ****ing hack. I don't care how well respected he is or how many connections he has. He's not a real journalist.

<script src="http://player.espn.com/player.js?&playerBrandingId=4ef8000cbaf34c1687a7d9a26fe0e89e&pcode=1kNG061cgaoolOncv54OAO1ceO-I&width=576&height=324&externalId=espn:9125042&thruParam_espn-ui[autoPlay]=false&thruParam_espn-ui[playRelatedExternally]=true"></script>

I don't know how much of this is from Stephen A. Smith and how much of it is yours, but either way, did you read the quote I posted from Nawrocki about RGIII? It looks like he nailed that one. None of these guys are going to get everything right, but it's ridiculous to say he got something wrong and therefore he's not a journalist. And so far, I haven't seen any strong evidence that he's gotten much wrong, even though I know he inevitably must miss on some of it.