ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs How good, exactly, is Branden Albert. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271379)

Phobia 03-22-2013 12:38 AM

He seems a little selfish to me. Seriously though, he's the elite of the average. Ten-Fifteen area. He's not a stud but he's not bad enough to dump either. I wish he were top five but I'm not convinced. I won't be upset if he's gone and the Chiefs get a quality pick in his place and I won't be upset if they end up paying him way more than my entire family will make in our lifetimes for 16 games in 2013.

patteeu 03-22-2013 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9520260)
Seriously though, he's the elite of the average. Ten-Fifteen area. He's not a stud but he's not bad enough to dump either. I wish he were top five but I'm not convinced. I won't be upset if he's gone and the Chiefs get a quality pick in his place and I won't be upset if they end up paying him way more than my entire family will make in our lifetimes for 16 games in 2013.

That's about what I think of him. Good enough to not need to be replaced, not good enough to be a consistent difference maker.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-22-2013 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9519846)
Which previously lived up in your stupid ass and are likely to return shortly.

Boomerang, Mother****er.

Since were going that route; have you pulled Cassel's digeradoo out of your ass and passed it on to Alex yet?

MMMMMNNNNNNNNNWAHWAHWAHMMMMNNNNNNN......

(That's Australian for "**** you, mate")
Posted via Mobile Device

BigMeatballDave 03-22-2013 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9520165)
Again, you act like Albert is something special at LT. If he was, he would have been drafted with the #1 pick of the draft at LT, not at #15 as a guard. He's panned out ok, he's been a good but not great LT.

As for Joeckel, if he's drafted #1 there's a reason for it. He may not be drafted #1 but there's a good possibility he will be. It is what it is whether you agree with it or not.

How many sacks did Clady give up last year?

I think 1 sack is pretty special.

Albert was drafted as a LT, dumbass.

BigMeatballDave 03-22-2013 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9520260)
He seems a little selfish to me. Seriously though, he's the elite of the average. Ten-Fifteen area. He's not a stud but he's not bad enough to dump either. I wish he were top five but I'm not convinced. I won't be upset if he's gone and the Chiefs get a quality pick in his place and I won't be upset if they end up paying him way more than my entire family will make in our lifetimes for 16 games in 2013.

So, only giving up one sack while protecting 2 shitty QBs is average/top 15?

RunKC 03-22-2013 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9519359)
Here's a list of the starting left tackles from last year, according to NFL.com:

Nate Solder (Patriots)
D'Brickashaw Ferguson (Jets)
Jake Long (Dolphins)
Cordy Glenn (Bills)

Bryant McKinnie (Ravens)
Max Starks (Steelers)
Andrew Whitworth (Bengals)
Joe Thomas (Browns)

Anthony Castonzo (Colts)
Eugene Monroe (Jaguars)
Michael Roos (Titans)
Duane Brown (Texans)

Branden Albert (Chiefs)
Ryan Clady (Broncos)
Michael Harris (Chargers)
Jared Veldeer (Raiders)

Will Beatty (Giants)
Tyron Smith (Cowboys)
Trent Williams (Redskins)
King Dunlap (Eagles)

J'Marcus Webb (Bears)
Marshall Newhouse (Packers)
Jeff Backus (Lions)
Matt Kalil (Vikings)

Jerman Bushrod (Saints)
Donald Penn (Buccaneers)
Jordan Gross (Panthers)
Sam Baker (Falcons)

Joe Staley (49ers)
Levi Brown (Cardinals)
Russell Okung (Seahawks)
Roger Saffold (Rams)

Only those LT's are one's you could argue are better in the last 2 years.
Jeff Backus was good last year but he's retired.

BigMeatballDave 03-22-2013 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9520263)
not good enough to be a consistent difference maker.

1 sack given up is not a difference maker?

King_Chief_Fan 03-22-2013 05:47 AM

good enough to keep one more year while we draft his replacement:eek:

TomBarndtsTwin 03-22-2013 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 9520314)
good enough to keep one more year while we draft his replacement:eek:

This.

They're not going to give him and his agent the contract they want, so this is what Reid and Dorsey will do . . . .

Deberg_1990 03-22-2013 07:09 AM

How does he compare to the final 4 teams LT of last season?

Point is, Albert could be the reincarnation of Willie Roaf, Orlando Pace and Anthony Munoz, and it still wouldnt matter until we get a QB. But if you put Albert on any of those final 4 teams from last season, ill bet they end up with the same results.

RealSNR 03-22-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9520350)

Point is, Albert could be the reincarnation of Willie Roaf, Orlando Pace and Anthony Munoz, and it still wouldnt matter until we get a QB. But if you put Albert on any of those final 4 teams from last season, ill bet they end up with the same results.

Winnar!

lcarus 03-22-2013 11:22 AM

It really sucks that we all thought last seasons suffering was going to help us turn this franchise around with a top pick, and instead, all it's going to do apparently is help replace a LT that's already great with a rookie that's unknown.

Hey...you don't have a 20 year playoff drought for being competent. Dumb ****ing assholes.

Hammock Parties 03-22-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

The Ravens pulled Bryant McKinnie off the scrap heap.

Molitoth 03-22-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thurman merman (Post 9520159)
Does anybody honestly pay so much attention to football that you can rank 32 left tackles? This seems slightly insane to me.

No shit, lol. Who sits around and watches the LT play in every game?

These ranking are based mearly off of reputation/PFF rankings/and statistics.

I will call bullshit on anyone claiming to use the good ol eye test on 32 LT's... which we all know is the best way to judge.

This is the same reason the world thought Matt Cassel was good in 2010. They looked at his stats and didn't watch him play.

Mr. Laz 03-22-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

every player on the Chiefs would be a hall-of-famer if it wasn't for a our QB!!!