ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Do we have any OTR drivers here? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267935)

BigMeatballDave 03-09-2013 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9481983)
How's it going so far?

Not bad.

BigMeatballDave 03-09-2013 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9481996)
Who are you driving for?

Werner.

Maybe not the best company, but I need the experience.

bevischief 03-10-2013 12:25 AM

So what do you think this far?

BigMeatballDave 03-10-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 9482161)
So what do you think this far?

That it will be better when I'm on my own.

My trainer only stops at Petros and rest areas.

Ever eat at an Iron Skillet?

I'd rather have McDonald's.

bevischief 03-10-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9482822)

Iron Skillet is about the same as McDonald's. McDonald's is cheaper. Keep us in the loop on how it is going.

Over-Head 03-10-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtmike (Post 9427460)
So you ran 208,000 miles a year?

It's was always my understanding that you could only legally log 135-140k a year?

Just curious, as that's a lot of miles since it works out to 4000 miles a week 52 weeks a year.

The most I ever run was 15k a month. I think I was more stressed over running 3 logbooks vs. ever being tired. I had a lot of light loads that month. A restored fire engine ladder from Boston to Seattle & in turn took back a "core" ladder so right there that was like 6k miles. I averaged 6.6 MPG on those trips', of course that was back in '91 & it absolutely sucked in the Midwest both times due to snow slick roads.
I was never intimidated by inclement weather as long as I was heavy & the load wasn't high catching wind.

Prior to the log book changes a few years ago, we could run 120hrs in 14days with 1, 48hr period off. And an auto reset crossing the border ;)
Our lawys up here were a lot different than the US HOS.
But either way, being an independent, I ran "loose leaf" as opposed to books. Show a weigh master a clip board wiuth 7 sheets and the 1 your working on, and they'll close it up and hand it back to ya.

Stewie 03-10-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Over-Head (Post 9482883)
Prior to the log book changes a few years ago, we could run 120hrs in 14days with 1, 48hr period off. And an auto reset crossing the border ;)
Our lawys up here were a lot different than the US HOS.
But either way, being an independent, I ran "loose leaf" as opposed to books. Show a weigh master a clip board wiuth 7 sheets and the 1 your working on, and they'll close it up and hand it back to ya.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/byXjyIsda04" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Over-Head 03-10-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 9482944)
<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/byXjyIsda04" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

MOREEEE times than i'd like to think about. Coffee, leads to pills, leads to Coke......Especially if your a guy like me who was a "runner".... Halifax to Toronto in 16hrs flat, swap trailers, Be in Houstan 27hrs later. 3 hour nap unloading, back up to Denton TX (SE Dallas), drop and hook, be in Calgary 28 hours later . My last truck had 3 x 150 gal fuel tanks ...I could run anywhere between 24 and 2800 miles between fill ups. Makes `doing a paper shuffell`mighty easy.

R8RFAN 03-10-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9482822)

You could have done a helluva lot worse....

Get your time in, keep your cdl clean and you can move on to some money and sleep in your own bed at night. :thumb:

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-10-2013 06:42 PM

Really suprised you figured out how to cross the border.

Over-Head 03-10-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 9482856)
Iron Skillet is about the same as McDonald's. McDonald's is cheaper. Keep us in the loop on how it is going.

Back in the eairly 90`s when they first started comming out they were great.... $11.99 all you can eat sirloin. Even the buffett food was good. Always prefered TA food but the Petro or Flying J trk stops.

These days I hear it kinda sucks. From what I saw driving to edmonton back in 2010 I can only imagine how some of those places that were absolute SHIT HOLES like the Petro in Trenton NJ, or the flying J in Lakeland FL turned into

Over-Head 03-10-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9483745)

Get your time in, keep your cdl clean and you can move on to some money and sleep in your own bed at night. :thumb:

YEP!!!
Back when I was in it was a freaken free for all.

BigMeatballDave 03-10-2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9483745)

Werner has some dedicated accounts I'm gonna look into.

Home Depot accounts allow drivers to be home weekends. All drop and hook.

Bowser 03-10-2013 07:55 PM

Well, at least you aren't with Swift (Sure Wish I Finished Training).

Channel 19 is good for comedy sometimes, as well -

"What do you call three Mexicans in space?

ASTRONAUTS, you ****ing racist!"

Good luck out there, Dave. Keep the rubber side down and between the lines.

Mr. Flopnuts 03-10-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9483945)
Well, at least you aren't with Swift (Sure Wish I Finished Training).

Channel 19 is good for comedy sometimes, as well -

"What do you call three Mexicans in space?

ASTRONAUTS, you ****ing racist!"

Good luck out there, Dave. Keep the rubber side down and between the lines.

Lot of people don't know this but they don't actually paint the word Swift on the right side of their trailors. They figured out no one ever saw the right side of a Swift trailor and saved themselves some money.