ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Can we PLEASE cross Matt Barkley off the list (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267691)

O.city 12-16-2012 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9211874)
Lets say we hire Andy Reid as the HC...or Mike Holmgren. A proven coach that has a history of developing quarterbacks.

Those extra first rounders and still getting one of the following:
Smith
Bray
Barkley
Wilson

Isn't all that bad.

Lets say Buffalo is calling and offering the 4th pick and their second and third rounders this year as well as their first the next 2 drafts.

Im still taking Geno with the top pick and sleeping well that night....but I think it is worth conversation.

Like you said, I think I still take Geno. If I'm confident he can be what I think eh can be, he'd be worth more than all those picks anyway.

DeezNutz 12-16-2012 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9211874)
Lets say we hire Andy Reid as the HC...or Mike Holmgren. A proven coach that has a history of developing quarterbacks.

Those extra first rounders and still getting one of the following:
Smith
Bray
Barkley
Wilson

Isn't all that bad.

Lets say Buffalo is calling and offering the 4th pick and their second and third rounders this year as well as their first the next 2 drafts.

Im still taking Geno with the top pick and sleeping well that night....but I think it is worth conversation.

That package? I'm taking it, and most likely walking away with either Wilson or Barkley.

TomSlash 12-16-2012 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9211876)
It really depends on who is the coach. We get Arians, Reid or Holmgren then I don't care what QB they draft because they knew WTF they are doing.

well then we will all pull our duel y trucks over to let your mental midget yugo through, winner.

RunKC 12-16-2012 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9211867)
I live in Wisconsin, and all of my local KC sports media comes exclusively through the stuff people post on Chiefs Planet, so I don't know what that means. Is it a compliment?

Man Wisconsin must suck from October to March. Summers are probably awesome though.

Bowser 12-16-2012 12:53 AM

I think my problem with Barkley is that the talent at that school is 90% of the time head and shoulders above the teams they're playing against. Because of that, stats look better, as in downright inflated.

It would be like an NFL QB playing with a Pro Bowl roster against other NFL teams.

Yeah, they're talented, but how good are they when you break them all apart?

RealSNR 12-16-2012 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9211881)
Man Wisconsin must suck from October to March. Summers are probably awesome though.

Ehhh... it's alright. But I've never been huge on living in hot places. I would much rather it be bone-chilling -40 outside than 100+ with humidity

BossChief 12-16-2012 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9211879)
That package? I'm taking it, and most likely walking away with either Wilson or Barkley.

That's similar to what Washington gave up, but the Rams slid back to 6.

DeezNutz 12-16-2012 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9211882)
I think my problem with Barkley is that the talent at that school is 90% of the time head and shoulders above the teams they're playing against. Because of that, stats look better, as in downright inflated.

It would be like an NFL QB playing with a Pro Bowl roster against other NFL teams.

You don't like Smith because he's throwing to NFL talent, too.

RunKC 12-16-2012 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9211882)

Outside of Robert Woods and Marquise Lee, USC has no real talent on offense this year. Their OL is complete dumpster fire, except Khaled Holmes, who was hurt for half the year. Their RB from PSU is okay but nothing great this year.

Add to the fact that Lane Kiffin is a moron and you get a bad situation.

DeezNutz 12-16-2012 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9211885)
That's similar to what Washington gave up, but the Rams slid back to 6.

Similar does not equal identical, and I don't believe that Smith is equivalent to Luck or RGIII.

Bowser 12-16-2012 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9211886)
You don't like Smith because he's throwing to NFL talent, too.

Yeah, it's an illogical statement to look at. I don't know, maybe I've just watched USC offensive guys just destroy it in college over the years, then do not quite that good in the pros, and decided that they're not as great as that?

If we end up with Barkley, I won't cry about it. Not until he gives me a reason to, anyway. Geno is my pick, like I have a voice in the matter.

DeezNutz 12-16-2012 01:08 AM

Bottom line: In April, we'll be in position to draft a QB far more talented than anyone on our roster, and we must take this chance.

BossChief 12-16-2012 01:19 AM

Lets say we pick 3rd and Jacksonville gets the top pick.

Do we make the call to Jacksonville and try to get them to come off the pick and take Geno, or sit and take BQBA?

Unsmooth-Moment 12-16-2012 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9211904)
Lets say we pick 3rd and Jacksonville gets the top pick.

Do we make the call to Jacksonville and try to get them to come off the pick and take Geno, or sit and take BQBA?

I mean obviously it would depend on the cost. I want Geno, but I would be ok with Wilson if we were giving up > 3 1st round picks for Geno.

TomSlash 12-16-2012 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unsmooth-Moment (Post 9211906)
I mean obviously it would depend on the cost. I want Geno, but I would be ok with Wilson if we were giving up > 3 1st round picks for Geno.

i love all you self proclaimed pros just sure this geno cat is going to be great in the NFL, not a one of you even played the sport most likely. Good solid plan kc fans. Keep on predicting the future, i'll be laughing and pointing at all of you cats.