ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs It has gone beyond embarrassing (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267503)

Rausch 12-09-2012 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9194996)
It. Was. The. Browns.

FAX

And it wasn't even close...

petegz28 12-09-2012 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9194992)
So hire a coaching staff and GM.

ONE YEAR. NEW GM, COACH, AND QB. DONEZO.

You left off, OC, DC, new #1 WR, LT, DE and some depth. Might as well throw in a #2 WR as well.

Chief Roundup 12-09-2012 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9194824)
Passing on a QB isn't going to make the talent any better when we pick again.

If Barkley is the best of the remaining QBs, then he's our pick. End of ****ing story.

Not for me. I want no part of Barkley. I think after Wilson/Smith the next level of talent at QB is Bray, Murray, Glennon in this draft. I am not taking those guy at #3 when one of those will be available at the top of the 2cd.

DeezNutz 12-09-2012 09:43 PM

12 seconds? TD. Remaining 59 minutes and 48 seconds? Nothing.

Pioli's roster exhibited NFL premature ejaculation and couldn't ever get it back up.

RealSNR 12-09-2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9195009)
You left off, OC, DC, new #1 WR, LT, DE and some depth. Might as well throw in a #2 WR as well.

IT DOESN'T TAKE MULTIPLE SEASONS TO HIRE A GM AND COACHING STAFF. IT TAKES ONE ****ING WEEK.

As for the others:

WR1: Re-sign Bowe with all that money
LT: Re-sign Albert with all that money
DE: Draft someone with picks 2-7
Depth: Draft/free agency

All that matters is that a new system comes in and drafts Geno. If that happens and they're good at their jobs, and Bowe and Albert both get new contracts, we're gold.

That of course means we hire competent people. But that's ALWAYS the risk when you hire new people.

RealSNR 12-09-2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9195020)
Not for me. I want no part of Barkley. I think after Wilson/Smith the next level of talent at QB is Bray, Murray, Glennon in this draft. I am not taking those guy at #3 when one of those will be available at the top of the 2cd.

If Bray is the #3, you take Bray at #3 overall.

Rausch 12-09-2012 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9195049)

Yup.

I don't give a $#it about draft value or projected slotting.

When it comes to QB we need one. Get one...

petegz28 12-09-2012 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9195076)
Yup.

I don't give a $#it about draft value or projected slotting.

When it comes to QB we need one. Get one...

I think I'd take Bray over all of them, personally.

Chiefnj2 12-09-2012 09:56 PM

There's little doubt that University of Tennessee junior quarterback Tyler Bray has the physical skills to have a productive National Football League career.

At 6-6, 215 pounds, he has one of the strongest arms in college football. And no one has disputed his courage in playing hurt.

But what can be called into question - once again - is his lack of judgment and a tendency for his focus to wander at the worst of times.

It's happened several times off the field, twice this past summer when Bray and a friend vandalized two cars at an apartment complex where he was living by throwing beer bottles and golf balls from a balcony.

He was also ticketed for recklessly operating a jet ski on July 4.

College athletes - no, make that mostly college football players - sometimes have a tendency to think they are bulletproof, maybe because of the physical nature of the sport and the perceived Big Man on Campus status.

A few players think they aren't subject to laws, rules or using common sense.

Bray's latest brain cramp came after the Vols' 41-31 loss at Mississippi State last Saturday to fall to 3-3 overall and 0-3 in the Southeastern Conference. Upset by criticism on Twitter, Bray tweeted: "We got some bandwagon fans. Hopefully my apt. isn't egged."

One of Bray's friends, Georgia quarterback Aaron Murray, found his house egged and rolled a couple of weeks ago after the Bulldogs lost to South Carolina. Murray also discovered that day that his father was diagnosed with thyroid cancer. But a poised Murray never took a shot back at the fans in any form of media.

Bray deleted his tweet and issued a Twitter apology on Sunday, saying he was frustrated by the loss and added publicly on Tuesday that "it's been two weeks in a row we could have won, and I was just frustrated."

Tennessee third-year coach Derek Dooley, as he has with Bray's other incidents, gave his only viable quarterback the benefit of the doubt.

"It is classic impulse control, when you are angry, lonely, tired, hurt," Dooley said of Bray's tweet. "It could have been a good tweet if he had left out the first part. He should have just said, 'I hope my house doesn't get egged tonight.' It could have been kind of funny."

What's not funny is the lack of maturity in a 21-year-old who has started 18 college games as a quarterback, who still reacts with thin skin and who has a head coach who basically dismisses it.

It shouldn't be a big deal. But little things add up when you're losing and can't stop.

Quarterbacks are supposed to be leaders, supposed to set the example on and off the field. If a quarterback can't keep focus and discipline off the field in the offseason, or after a tough loss, can his teammates count on him when games are on the line?

Apparently not, since Bray is 4-6 in 10 career starts in SEC games. In the fourth quarter of those league contests, he has completed just 45 percent of his passes - 40-of-89 - for 489 yards, four interceptions and three TDs while being sacked four times.

Bray has lost six of his last seven SEC starts. This season, he has completed just 9-of-27 passes for 120 yards, two interceptions and lost a fumble in the fourth quarters of losses to Florida, Georgia and Mississippi State.

But it's all great with Dooley, because it has to be. He doesn't have another QB with Bray's raw skills, and Dooley, with a 4-15 career record in SEC play and 0-13 vs. ranked teams, needs every win he can get to save his job.

Chief Roundup 12-09-2012 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9195037)
IT DOESN'T TAKE MULTIPLE SEASONS TO HIRE A GM AND COACHING STAFF. IT TAKES ONE ****ING WEEK.

As for the others:

WR1: Re-sign Bowe with all that money
LT: Re-sign Albert with all that money
DE: Draft someone with picks 2-7
Depth: Draft/free agency

All that matters is that a new system comes in and drafts Geno. If that happens and they're good at their jobs, and Bowe and Albert both get new contracts, we're gold.

That of course means we hire competent people. But that's ALWAYS the risk when you hire new people.

We also can use the tag on Bowe again or on Albert if needed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9195049)

No way that would be simply reeruned and a knee jerk type of reaction to our problem. The kid is no where near ready to start. He will only come out early because of the coaching change.

Rausch 12-09-2012 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9195126)
No way that would be simply reeruned and a knee jerk type of reaction to our problem. The kid is no where near ready to start. He will only come out early because of the coaching change.

There is no sitting and waiting as a 1st round pick anymore.

The same was said about how many QB's the last two years?...

Baby Lee 12-09-2012 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9195002)
ONE GOOD OFFSEASON can completely change a team.

It can be done - it has been done - but it requires COMPETENCY...

Soooo, no comprehension of English? :)

Rausch 12-09-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9195196)
Soooo, no comprehension of English? :)

Whut?

Baby Lee 12-09-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9195205)
Whut?

Competency, a Herm Edwards heologism if ever I heard. Just funnin'

Chief Roundup 12-09-2012 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9195155)
There is no sitting and waiting as a 1st round pick anymore.

The same was said about how many QB's the last two years?...

Locker, Ponder, Gabbert. They aren't doing very well either.