ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Elder Scrolls V (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=209317)

Fire Me Boy! 08-22-2011 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 7843931)
20 hrs of main quest + 50 hrs of doing the same dark cave with the same monster AI's over and over again

at least if they have the invisibility spell again you can just run through all the repetitive stuff when you get bored.

invisibility
summons
spam fire ball until dead
rinse/repeat

Easier than invisibility - enchant several pieces of clothing with chameleon. At some point you'll have 100% chameleon and be invisible all the time.

For Skyrim, they're really talking up Radian AI, which they designed for this game. Supposedly, it'll be a game changer, no pun intended.

Mr. Laz 08-22-2011 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 7843963)
Easier than invisibility - enchant several pieces of clothing with chameleon. At some point you'll have 100% chameleon and be invisible all the time.

For Skyrim, they're really talking up Radian AI, which they designed for this game. Supposedly, it'll be a game changer, no pun intended.

tbh casting invisibility was so easy that i didn't bother enchanting anything.

put invisibility on quick key and ......

Imo a good RPG needs have game play that is challenging enough to make your character choice costly. I've said it before, in Diablo II if you build your character poorly you couldn't survive in Hell level. I want that.

Fire Me Boy! 08-22-2011 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 7843983)
tbh casting invisibility was so easy that i didn't bother enchanting anything.

put invisibility on quick key and ......

Imo a good RPG needs have game play that is challenging enough to make your character choice costly. I've said it before, in Diablo II if you build your character poorly you couldn't survive in Hell level. I want that.

But you can't interact with anything with invisibility and it wears off.

The first time I played Oblivion all the way through, I did it totally straight. Never used chameleon, rarely used invisibility, etc. Successive times of playing, I'd do the chameleon trick after everything started getting really repetitive.

Farzin 08-22-2011 08:19 PM

Oblivion was a great game. Still play the side quests when I have time.

I'm looking forward to this one.

keg in kc 08-24-2011 09:53 AM

All the race presets: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...8351403&type=1

whoman69 08-27-2011 11:39 AM

In Oblivion if you wanted to build all your attributes up, a variety of gamestyle play was necessary. If you wanted to build your speed you cannot be using sneak throughout the places you go. If you wanted to build your strength then relying on your destruction magic was counter productive. At different times in the game I was straight up warrior, mage or thief depending on what I was doing at that time of the game.

I could never get into Morrowind because of the gameplay. When I cast a spell, I want it to work. When I'm in combat I don't want to have to worry about having to move around in a certain way. I am told that Skyrim will go back to the lore and story of Morrowind with an improved gameplay from Oblivion that we started seeing in Shivering Isles. Increasing levels is going to be dependent on your choices and your gameplay along with selections you make. You also have to select what side you want to be on.

I imagine that even after I have upgraded my old dinosaur to work better on Oblivion, it won't be up to the task of Skyrim.

Imon Yourside 08-27-2011 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farzin (Post 7844008)
Oblivion was a great game. Still play the side quests when I have time.

I'm looking forward to this one.

I agree, they need to bring back the flying/levitate spells though.

Fire Me Boy! 08-27-2011 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 7855982)

An interview with Todd Howard, he said they weren't coming back. They were doing things to take away the ability to cast out of fights. I wonder if invisibility will go away.

whoman69 08-28-2011 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 7855982)

Sound to me like an unfair advantage.

Imon Yourside 08-28-2011 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 7858067)
Sound to me like an unfair advantage.

It's a single player game, not like you're going to ruin the experience for anyone by flying.

whoman69 08-29-2011 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 7858792)
It's a single player game, not like you're going to ruin the experience for anyone by flying.

If you make it too easy you do. Its easy enough without it.

Fire Me Boy! 09-27-2011 07:44 AM

A star-studded cast

http://www.bethblog.com/index.php/20...-studded-cast/

Quote:

BETHESDA SOFTWORKS ANNOUNCES RENOWNED VOICE OVER CAST FOR THE ELDER SCROLLS® V: SKYRIM™

Academy Award Nominees Christopher Plummer, Max Von Sydow and Joan Allen Come Together for the Year’s Most Anticipated Game

September 27, 2011 (Rockville, MD) – Bethesda Softworks®, a ZeniMax® Media company, today revealed the stage and screen legends lending their talents to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, the next installment in the award-winning Elder Scrolls series. Skyrim will feature an ensemble cast of Academy Award nominees, including Christopher Plummer (“The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo,” “The Insider”), Max Von Sydow (“The Exorcist,” “Minority Report”), and Joan Allen (“The Contender,” “The Bourne Ultimatum”).

Christopher Plummer, a two-time Emmy Award winner, two-time Tony Award winner and Academy Award nominee, takes on the role of Arngeir, a powerful Greybeard elder. An order of philosopher monks who are masters of the Way of the Voice, the Greybeards live in silent isolation atop Skyrim’s largest mountain.

Academy Award nominee, Max Von Sydow, stars as Esbern, a chronicler and agent of the Blades who has survived in hiding. Long obsessed with the foretold return of the dragon Alduin, the World Eater, Esbern will teach you how to confront this epic evil.

Tony Award winner and three-time Academy Award nominee, Joan Allen, will be making her videogame debut as Delphine, one of the last remaining members of the Blades – an ancient warrior society once sworn to protect the Emperor. Like you, Delphine is trying to unravel the mystery of the dragons’ return.

In addition, iconic actress and singer, Lynda Carter (“Wonder Woman”), voices Gormlaith Golden-Hilt, one of the Nord heroes who overthrew the dragons in ancient times.

“It’s been incredible to have all these actors together,” said Todd Howard, Game Director. “When you start a project, you always make your wish-list of actors, and to actually hear them in the game, it’s amazing. We can’t wait for everyone to experience it.”

Skyrim’s cast also includes:
  • Michael Hogan (“Battlestar Galactica”), who plays Imperial General Tullius, in charge of crushing the Stormcloak rebellion.
  • Vladimir Kulich (“The 13th Warrior,” “Smoking Aces”) portrays Hogan’s nemesis Ulfric Stormcloak, Jarl of Windhelm and charismatic leader of the Stormcloaks, who aims to make Skyrim independent of the Empire.
  • Claudia Christian (“Babylon 5”) joins the cast as Legate Rikke, General Tullius’s chief lieutenant, a loyal Imperial officer as well as a Nord who firmly believes Skyrim must remain part of the Empire.
  • Diane Louise Salinger (“Carnivale”), Renee Victor (“Weeds”), and Saturday Night Live-alum George Coe (“Transformers: Dark of the Moon”) round out the star-studded cast of more than 70 different voice actors delivering over 60,000 lines of dialogue.

Huffmeister 09-27-2011 08:52 AM

I honestly thought that Max Von Sydow had been dead for years until I saw him in the trailer for Shutter Island. An "imposing presence/voice" showdown between him and Christopher Lee would be epic. They could take random sentences from books, magazines, advertisements, ingredients lists, and just have them read them in a stern voice.

keg in kc 09-27-2011 09:21 AM

Star-studded voice cast is nice. Star-studded writers would be nicer. This'll be like having an all-star voice team read the nutritional information on the side of a cereal box. Although it probably won't be quite as bad as Patrick Stewart, Sean Bean and Terence Stamp's awesome voices wasted in Oblivion. And Lynda Carter's back for more punishment.

Pants 09-27-2011 09:32 AM

I wish this game wasn't scheduled to be released a couple weeks before TOR. Oh well, I'll probably end up playing it a few years after it's released.