ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Tamba Hali? MOTHER F*** you CARL!! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=139909)

58-4ever 04-29-2006 04:02 PM

I was a Hali supporter as well. I saw Penn St. play 4 times last year, and I was impressed each time. Now, I want a playmaking safety.

Coach 04-29-2006 04:04 PM

Just a little info for some of you that don't know who Hali is or what he accomplished in 2005 at Penn State but are slightly depressed because the "experts" dropped him to a 2nd round choice based on an average Pro Day workout:

1st Team All American, Walter Camp All-America team, Named the Big Ten lineman of the Year by the conference's coaches, Led the Big Ten leading 11 sacks, 65 tackles and 17 tackles for a loss, Made key sack of OSU QB Troy Smith in their matchup which helped PSU win it's first Big Ten title since 1994, Finalist for the Nagurski Award and the second highest rated Defensive End in the 2005 NFL draft.

Based on his 11 sack season in the Big Ten last year and being a 1st team All American at his position in 2005 the ONLY REASON that he wasn't a top ten pick was because of his workouts.

To by quite honest, I don't care if he runs a 10 flat forty if the guy can pull 11 sacks in a 14 game season.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-29-2006 04:05 PM

We need Darnell Bing or Ko Simpson

GoHuge 04-29-2006 04:10 PM

I like the pick. I want to see a football player instead of another project like Saivii with upside.

TEX 04-29-2006 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priestgets30TDs
Maybe it's not as big of a reach as I thought. The Giants probably would have taken Hali.

Not the best reasoning when you consider who they took.

banyon 04-29-2006 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoHuge39
I like the pick. I want to see a football player instead of another project like Saivii with upside.

that's great then, because the scouts say this guy has already maxed out his potential.

HolmeZz 04-29-2006 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banyon
that's great then, because the scouts say this guy has already maxed out his potential.

Tamba Hali is Jared Allen, with a little less skill rushing the passer but a good deal better against the run.

Ebolapox 04-29-2006 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla
I still don't understand how casual fans seem to "know" when players should be selected.

ya know, everyone just KNEW reggie bush would go first overall for most of the offseason...yeah, he didn't

everyone KNEW leinart would go ahead of vince young most of the offseason...yeah, he didn't

everyone KNEW winston justice would be a middle first rounder...yeah, he wasn't

personally, I like the pick--seems like a good kid, and let's face it...y'all are complaining about a guy who'll replace eric fucking hicks?!?

keg in kc 04-29-2006 04:15 PM

He's who I expected us to take. I actually think that he went lower than he should have because some of the online "experts" put too much stock in his workout numbers as opposed to his work on the field and dropped him in their mocks.

(JMO, but I think sometimes people put a little too much stock in guys who run sites who generally have no more valid inside information than we do. John Clayton is one thing. Jo Blow at draftbrainz.net is something else...)

I don't know that the draft could've gone better for us in terms of the way that it played out; we had our pick of Hali and Lawson (and whoever the Chiefs "third choice" was) and we're going to get someone good at 54.

Frosty 04-29-2006 04:16 PM

Quote:

Really? Who said that? Do you have a link?

Ebolapox 04-29-2006 04:17 PM

and honestly...some of you guys are acting like we're the fuggin' buffalo bills all of the sudden...now THOSE guys are IDIOTS

banyon 04-29-2006 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolmeZz
Tamba Hali is Jared Allen, with a little less skill rushing the passer but a good deal better against the run.

so we could've gotten this guy in the 4th? :spock:

TEX 04-29-2006 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc
He's who I expected us to take. I actually think that he went lower than he should have because some of the online "experts" put too much stock in his workout numbers as opposed to his work on the field and dropped him in their mocks.

(JMO, but I think sometimes people put a little too much stock in guys who run sites who generally have no more valid inside information than we do. John Clayton is one thing. Jo Blow at draftbrainz.net is something else...)

I don't know that the draft could've gone better for us in terms of the way that it played out; we had our pick of Hali and Lawson (and whoever the Chiefs "third choice" was) and we're going to get someone good at 54.

I totally agree.

HolmeZz 04-29-2006 04:19 PM

Quote:

so we could've gotten this guy in the 4th? :spock:

If we re-drafted the '04 draft, Jared Allen wouldn't go in the 4th. Allen's 4th round status had much more to do with him playing at a small school than it did him just not having talent.

1punkyQB 04-29-2006 04:24 PM

Chris Gocong might be another Jared Allen. Buck Buchanan award winner like Jared, incredibly productive rushing the passer at that level. And a round 2 or 3 guy. http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default...an_history.htm