ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The one thing we can look forward to: the league's best OL. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272750)

RunKC 05-04-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9657074)
There is no excuse for smith not to play well, with what we have invested up front and the weapons around him.

No where to hide for him

Yup, unless we get destroyed by injuries.

Direckshun 05-04-2013 02:00 PM

Folks that live and breathe PFF shit like Clay know exactly how horrible Cassel made this OL look.

We had a good OL in 2012, folks. And it just got way more juiced up.

The thing holding it back was the utter incompetence of Matt Cassel (and later, Brady Quinn).

Alex Smith is serviceable. That alone is going to make things look like a magic spell just auto-tuned the OL into amazing.

mcaj22 05-04-2013 02:03 PM

lol at Schwartz, a 7th round pick or whatever he was, having a better PFF score than all those overrated 2nd and 3rd round o-line picks we have made the last 4 years

how ****ing pathetic

Hammock Parties 05-04-2013 02:03 PM

Whoa there, kemosabe.

Alex Smith makes lines look worse just like Matt Cassel, let's not forget that.

AdumbGuy 05-04-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_spatula (Post 9655840)
You seem like... a dumb guy.

you can read my username? My goodness, you are by far one of the top 3 smartest spatulas I have ever encountered.

mlyonsd 05-04-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9657090)
Folks that live and breathe PFF shit like Clay know exactly how horrible Cassel made this OL look.

The thing holding it back was the utter incompetence of Matt Cassel (and later, Brady Quinn).

Alex Smith is serviceable. That alone is going to make things look like a magic spell just auto-tuned the OL into amazing.

I think you have to add Daboll into the turd bowl.

mcaj22 05-04-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9657090)

Alex Smith still took 44 sacks behind the best o-line in the NFL

he will take 50+ behind this Chiefs o-line I dont care how much you want to hype up a young inexperience o-line. Alex Smith needs to play behind 5 pro bowlers to even be competent.

I think this o-line will and could be very good, though inexperienced. But Alex Smith will still make them look bad by taking a ****load of sacks

O.city 05-04-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9657089)
Yup, unless we get destroyed by injuries.

That's an excuse.

Even if a tackle or g gets hurt, we have two talented guys to come in.

Like I said, it's up to Alex either way

RunKC 05-04-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9657105)
That's an excuse.

Even if a tackle or g gets hurt, we have two talented guys to come in.

Like I said, it's up to Alex either way

If Bowe gets hurt, we're ****ed.

mcaj22 05-04-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9657108)
If Bowe gets hurt, we're ****ed.

oh what dont trust those 1st and 2nd round pick "WRs" to live up to their draft value?

well I never....

Setsuna 05-04-2013 03:31 PM

So having not played one down in the NFL, Eric Fisher now makes this the best OL in the NFL? That's a statement hanging by a thread in the wind if I've ever seen one.

Setsuna 05-04-2013 03:33 PM

I'm going to look up what round those teams drafted their RT/LT to confirm how bad a move that is.

Edit: Ok so the Jets and the Browns are the only 2 teams listed that drafted OTs in the top 5. The rest were drafted in the 1st round or 2nd round still but outside the top 10 in the 1st. So the 2 that drafted in the top 5 have been bad of late. This probably doesn't prove anything but it's still interesting. Also the same 2 don't have QBs, that is a constant.

RunKC 05-04-2013 04:26 PM

Another thing to add is that Kelce was known as the best blocking TE in the draft and Reid said Wilson was the best blocking FB in the nation too.

I'm sure those guys will most definitely help.

mcaj22 05-04-2013 04:28 PM

all these good blockers in place to still watch Alex Smith drop to the ground 40+ times because he sucks

Direckshun 05-04-2013 05:02 PM

Kelce was definitely NOT known as the best blocking TE in the draft.